• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
For me these birds appearing in SMRPG are better linked to the “Starling Leak” being Geno, rather than the name “star” in Starling.
And they appear right when you get Geno on your team.

I still think the starling hint is a stretch for Geno in general, but I can see how it could be related.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
For me these birds appearing in SMRPG are better linked to the “Starling Leak” being Geno, rather than the name “star” in Starling.
I really don't see how. The 'star' in starling is at least a simpler hint, whereas the birds in Forest Maze are a massive stretch. They aren't even remotely like starlings, whereas the Link's Awakening hint at least featured the same kind of crab. Even if they were similar, I'd not place my bets on a hypothesis like that.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Probably nothing. Could be something.
This is the exact kind of logic Source guy operated on for Link's Awakening.

I really don't see how. The 'star' in starling is at least a simpler hint, whereas the birds in Forest Maze are a massive stretch. They aren't even remotely like starlings, whereas the Link's Awakening hint at least featured the same kind of crab. Even if they were similar, I'd not place my bets on a hypothesis like that.
To be fair, the crabs weren't really the same color.

If the birds aren't related, I still think it's Nintenbirds.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Well, to be fair, the Sonic fanbase can't seem to agree on much of anything, so character support doesn't appear to have budged since Brawl in that area. Also, Smash's apparent focus on other Sega-related characters in the meantime. Maybe the Grinch incident is the bucket of ice cold water in the face that was needed to finally get their act together and focus on one character first (preferably Tails or Eggman).
No, Shadow had support before the Grinch Leak. It was when Richter Belmont was reveal started Shadow support as an Echo Fighter, especially seeing how Knuckles was the only Sonic Assist Trophy... these guys were morons to hold Shadow back for that long.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
If that's the case then why does Hero still have the new tag inside the fighters page? If there is nothing new to show about Hero then surely the new tag for the character wouldn't be there either. His fighters page has been up since his reveal in June 11th and there is nothing new to show for his page. Even if the tag was there to show that he is now ready for purchase then the fighters tab should show the new tag to show what is new inside the fighters tab.
I wasn't aware the new tag was displaying on Hero within the DLC page. But the point stands that the other locations got substantial additions to them while the singular change to the Fighter's page was the New icon (I believe it wasn't there beforehand, but I can neither confirm nor deny that with evidence). So either, the addition of a "New" tag to the page changes nothing about the "New" tag to the entire subcategory of fighters, or this is a manual input of "New" tags and they just missed it.

I just don't see anything to be gained by looking at this specific tag situation. There will be a September Direct, that's when our next reveal almost certainly will be.

P47

Smash Apprentice
these guys were morons to hold Shadow back for that long.
Never forgetti the great AT purge of November last year. It sucks that there's this disconnect between how the Smash team sees ATs and how we do.

As a Skull Kid fan I feel like it was especially brutal since he wasn't even in the direct, they left him to rot in the goddamn website

Last edited:

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
Also, don't take the Banjo-Kazooie image hint as a pattern break for his cryptic nature. I cannot see a way you COULD be cryptic about Banjo-Kazooie via an image unless you tried REALLY hard.
How-To-Cut-A-Head-Of-Cauliflower-1.jpg

Not that tough :)

Edit: fixed the messed up quote process lol

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Never forgetti the great AT purge of November last year. It sucks that there's this disconnect between how the Smash team sees ATs and how we do.

As a Skull Kid fan I feel like it was especially brutal since he wasn't even in the direct, they left him to rot in the goddamn website
Yeah, I remember being like "I guess there's still Skull Kid," and then I saw him on the website as an Assist. There's a major disconnect seeing how everyone's first reaction to the Assist Trophy reveal were "NO! NO! NO! DANG IT! WHY?!"

If first impression are meet with negativity then you screwed up.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
On the plus side, the outcry from the Isaac fans on Twitter didn't go unnoticed by NOA, so they're realising that not everyone's fine with this. Just gotta eventually bring it back to the NOJ branch. Yo Golden Sunday fans, don't stay complacent by the way, keep going until Camelot can be freed from Mario sports purgatory,

Then again, the Zelda side of the roster has got nothing new since Brawl. I haven't the faintest clue why.

On a side note, has anyone tried to join Nintendo to try and change things from the inside yet?

3s0Iale.jpg

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Not that tough :)
The majority of BK fans were extremely doubtful they'd get in even with the actual leaks they were given on the day shortly before they got revealed, so it's no wonder why Source guy's hint was still seen as cryptic.

Kirby is the same way.
Yeah but at least with that series it's easy to figure it out, we go "Sakurai prefers working with Kirby stuff he's made and he's still shell-shocked by HAL's meddling during Air Ride, go figure".

But Zelda? No clue. Not even the JP-fan-favorite Tingle has been touched. And it can't be for sacred cow reasons either, seeing as most of the stuff used by Zelda fighters is made up for Smash.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I remember seeing the Moon assist trophy, and everyone assuming it replaced Skull Kid. Someone on Youtube assumed Skull Kid actually summoned the Moon, because there were those sparkles that appear when a character appears or disappears, and he thought the ones that appeared when a character disappeared were different, so he assumed it was Skull Kid. Others thought we could be getting Skull Kid with a Majora's Wrath final smash, and of course some people thought he was a small boss. Turns out we were all wrong and he was still an assist trophy; sucks, but at least he's not there at all, and they even gave him a nice green vortex that is used sometimes instead of it always being purple. I guess that's a minor thing to point out...I just like green. We also have a nice mii costume, but it will never be like Skull Kid himself...

What really sucked about it, though, was that he wasn't even shown off. They left it to the website's AT list to confirm him. why.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Yeah, I remember being like "I guess there's still Skull Kid," and then I saw him on the website as an Assist. There's a major disconnect seeing how everyone's first reaction to the Assist Trophy reveal were "NO! NO! NO! DANG IT! WHY?!"

If first impression are meet with negativity then you screwed up.
You're just going to go on about your hatred for assist trophies until the end of time, aren't you?

Like I get it, it sucks seeing a character you've pulled for get deconfirmed as an Assist Trophy (or potentially a Spirit, but we'll wait on that one). But, at the end of the day, Ultimate had a limited number of newcomers available to work with to begin with and there was always going to be characters who didn't make it in as playable characters. Your issue isn't with the existence of the character as an assist trophy, your issue is that they weren't playable. You would have reacted equally as poorly with no assist trophy of them. You'll be quick to say, "But then they had a chance as DLC" and the honest answer is, as of right now, no they didn't. It was an assist trophy or nothing for some of these characters. The fighter's pass was already chosen ages ago and nothing would have changed regarding their situation outside of being given the false hope that they could still come at a later time. And if DLC ended and they still didn't come, you were going to have the same reaction of disappointment.

At best, removing every single Assist Trophy might get you one character... maybe... depending on how much work actually went into them for this game versus how much a unique newcomer required work wise (which is an absolute ton more work to make sure they are balanced, have the fewest issues of anything in the game, dedicated movesets, etc.). To that end, you'd be trading the following things: Legitimately fun assist trophies such as Sheriff, Flies and Hand, Color Game TV, etc; Isaac's first HD appearance and first Golden Sun acknowledgement since Dark Dawn 8 years ago (Isaac fans were at the very least happy to have that much); the victory of having Shovel Knight as an assist for Yacht Club Games and indie games in general; Fatal Frame; Monster Hunter; etc. You're giving a lot to get maybe one character that you have no guarantee of even liking in the first place because it could be anyone else and we don't know if a single assist trophy would have even been in the running for another spot.

And if you bring up future DLC, well I've got news for you! All bets are off and Assist Trophies could become fighters as could any number of further characters. We're outside of the rules of base game and the first Fighter's Pass, so it doesn't matter anymore who was or wasn't an assist trophy, and I sincerely doubt a potential future DLC character would be held back because Nintendo looked at an Assist Trophy and decided, "You know what, I guess we won't make Isaac fans happy after all, they already have an Assist Trophy" in a hypothetical scenario where they're responding to base game backlash.

Your issue isn't really with Assist Trophies from your posting, it's just with the fact these characters aren't in the game (and this applies to a great deal of people in the same boat) in your preferred role. You've got some legitimate grievances with Assists that are more worth debating, but it really seems like your main vitriol against them comes from this other aspect of things. And you end up using hyperbole to frame it like nobody likes Assist Trophies when in fact many people do, were grateful to end up with an Assist Trophy, and others don't see it as so fatalistic, myself included.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
*big ol wall of text*
There's that time again, I...actually agree with what you're saying here.

And in fairness, it's not like the staff remotely has the free time to check what's going on in forums like this one to see what fans would want (probably for the best, leak sniping would happen faster and there's a lot of inane crap to wade through), they got big responsibilities to balance at the end of the day.

Sure, ATs aren't playable, but at least the characters in question are acknowledged. The only thing worse than being dead is to be forgotten.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I remember seeing the Moon assist trophy, and everyone assuming it replaced Skull Kid. Someone on Youtube assumed Skull Kid actually summoned the Moon, because there were those sparkles that appear when a character appears or disappears, and he thought the ones that appeared when a character disappeared were different, so he assumed it was Skull Kid. Others thought we could be getting Skull Kid with a Majora's Wrath final smash, and of course some people thought he was a small boss. Turns out we were all wrong and he was still an assist trophy; sucks, but at least he's not there at all, and they even gave him a nice green vortex that is used sometimes instead of it always being purple. I guess that's a minor thing to point out...I just like green. We also have a nice mii costume, but it will never be like Skull Kid himself...

What really sucked about it, though, was that he wasn't even shown off. They left it to the website's AT list to confirm him. why.
Personally, I was under the impression that the Moon Assist Trophy was never a good thing for Skull Kid. I mean, think about it: if Skull Kid ever does get in as a fighter, would his Final Smash really be anything else? Majora’s Wrath isn’t really Skull Kid; it’s just the mask at that point, and not really a part of his character. Meanwhile, the Moon is what everyone associates with Skull Kid and Majora’s Mask to begin with. As a result, since there was no way the Moon would be both an AT and a Final Smash simultaneously, I was always of the opinion that the Moon AT was kind of a soft Skull Kid deconfirmation inherently.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
My guess is I'll be lynched right now for saying that, if Geno couldn't be playable (which is still a very real possibility), I'd have been very happy with an assist trophy because it meant a tangible presence that wasn't a reused PNG.

I'm ready. Bring on the lynching.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
My guess is I'll be lynched right now for saying that, if Geno couldn't be playable (which is still a very real possibility), I'd have been very happy with an assist trophy because it meant a tangible presence that wasn't a reused PNG.

I'm ready. Bring on the lynching.
I’m of the same opinion. In fact, I said a ways back that if we don’t get playable Geno, then I actually do want the Mii costume back. Any additional Geno content is good Geno content in my eyes; it’s just that playable Geno is infinitely better than the other options.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
I just don’t think this constitutes evidence when those two tracks have only been hit one one channel that was specifically been targeted by Nintendo in the past. We’re almost a month removed since that “claim” was made and we haven’t seen them go any further. No other versions have been hit despite all of them potentially following under the same umbrella, versions that have been up for 8 years are still available.
Just want to point out, they did get a couple of GilvaSunner songs. None SMRPG related though (One of them was Meta Knight's Revenge in Brawl).

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Personally, I was under the impression that the Moon Assist Trophy was never a good thing for Skull Kid. I mean, think about it: if Skull Kid ever does get in as a fighter, would his Final Smash really be anything else? Majora’s Wrath isn’t really Skull Kid; it’s just the mask at that point, and not really a part of his character. Meanwhile, the Moon is what everyone associates with Skull Kid and Majora’s Mask to begin with. As a result, since there was no way the Moon would be both an AT and a Final Smash simultaneously, I was always of the opinion that the Moon AT was kind of a soft Skull Kid deconfirmation inherently.
That's true; some people actually thought that as well, with people hoping he could still be in with either Majora's Mask transforming him or him still summoning the Moon, just he'd take opponents to the top of the clock tower first in a cutscene. I was with those who hoped he could still be in, but in the end we just had loz18's hunger for infamy, LeakyPandy's dumb boss leak (which would've been cooler than just an AT even if I was against it originally when arguing him being playable, but oh well I guess), and chairs.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
There's that time again, I...actually agree with what you're saying here.

And in fairness, it's not like the staff remotely has the free time to check what's going on in forums like this one to see what fans would want (probably for the best, leak sniping would happen faster and there's a lot of inane crap to wade through), they got big responsibilities to balance at the end of the day.

Sure, ATs aren't playable, but at least the characters in question are acknowledged. The only thing worse than being dead is to be forgotten.
It's kind of amusing people feel the need to express their surprise at agreeing with me these days haha. But yeah, I completely agree on that dead, not forgotten idea. Hell, our thread kind of lives on that motto and I don't think we'd be as strong as we are today without the Mii costume showing up in Smash 4's DLC. Something is better than nothing because it gives people an acknowledgement that their voices are heard in some capacity and paves the way for a potentially better future.

Personally, I was under the impression that the Moon Assist Trophy was never a good thing for Skull Kid. I mean, think about it: if Skull Kid ever does get in as a fighter, would his Final Smash really be anything else? Majora’s Wrath isn’t really Skull Kid, it’s just the mask at that point, and not really a part of his character. Meanwhile, the Moon is what everyone associates with Skull Kid and Majora’s Mask to begin with. As a result, I was always of the opinion that the Moon AT was kind of a soft Skull Kid deconfirmation inherently.
I initially bought into some of the Skull Kid hype in that moment, but honestly, in hindsight, this was absolutely right. We should have been more skeptical of Skull Kid when his most famous act and obvious choice for final smash was already an assist trophy. People got into this weird headspace that things were replacing other things in the game... when in fact they were just supplementary additions. I don't really know how that got started, but it happened with a lot of stuff like Skull Kid and Shadow.

Just want to point out, they did get a couple of GilvaSunner songs. None SMRPG related though (One of them was Meta Knight's Revenge in Brawl).
I meant they haven't touched anything else Super Mario RPG related, including other uploads of the same songs that were initially copyright claimed.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
There was a guy from NoA who said Nintendo knows our fan demand when he was interviewed and asked specifically about Waluigi and Geno, and of course Sabi's source once mentioned how they were shocked by the backlash at Isaac being an AT...so maybe they see it all on twitter or something?

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
As Homestuck's Vriska states (I think), "literally what he said."

Anyway, Ovaltine, I did have a really weird dream the other day that revealed both a Geno Mii Costume reveal, followed by a reveal for, I think, a Geno assist trophy... Except it wasn't really Geno. The "Geno Assist Trophy" was actually something that looked more like Geno had fused with Puppetmon. It was a weird dream.

Last edited:

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
So like, assuming Geno DOES get into Smash Ultimate alongside Ridley, K. Rool and Banjo, would y'all still feel Isaac was "missing" out of the classic heavily requested "never-ever-whatevers"? At the very least it'd be all of them that the Smash team were at least aware about the support of, I guess. I'm not trying to be hypothetically ungrateful or anything (my biggest character wants actually lie elsewhere), I'm legitimately asking if like how people were like "now bring in Geno!" when Banjo got revealed, if they'd specifically feel it was "incomplete" in the same way if Isaac was still just an assist trophy in Ultimate whilst Geno would be announced to be playable.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Given that there's a pretty good chance we'll find out who character #4 for the Fighter Pass is during the September general Direct, I think we'll likely find out no later than the 12th of that month going by how the last two years in a row had them no later than the 13th.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So like, assuming Geno DOES get into Smash Ultimate alongside Ridley, K. Rool and Banjo, would y'all still feel Isaac was "missing" out of the classic heavily requested "never-ever-whatevers"? At the very least it'd be all of them that the Smash team were at least aware about the support of, I guess. I'm not trying to be hypothetically ungrateful or anything (my biggest character wants actually lie elsewhere), I'm legitimately asking if like how people were like "now bring in Geno!" when Banjo got revealed, if they'd specifically feel it was "incomplete" in the same way if Isaac was still just an assist trophy in Ultimate whilst Geno would be announced to be playable.
Despite that I would still feel like it's the end of an era. Other fanbases can actually call out louder for their choices again! Starting with the Goemon one, R RetrogamerMax and GoeGoe GoeGoe are the only ones even carrying that support thread at this stage.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Isaac feels like he's in a weird spot. I don't think he was really considered a never-ever until Ultimate came around. He was a serious contender for Smash 4 with Dark Dawn's release (it hit in the perfect window in which Sakurai was choosing characters to represent in Smash), so he wasn't just another forgotten character at that point. It was only in the post Smash 4 realm that started to really form given he didn't get any acknowledgement, and that sort of sentiment didn't really solidify until Ultimate when we were officially 8 years removed and had heard nothing of Golden Sun. He's only recently entered that club if you will and his popularity really seemed to take off during Ultimate's speculation cycle more so than in the past.

Like I want him in Smash, so he'd feel missing regardless, but he's always been more of an addendum to the "never-ever" crowd as opposed to a longtime candidate of said crowd. To be fair, King K. Rool kind of belongs in this as well considering he didn't take off until post Diddy Kong and only became more forgotten with passing time. They both kind of took off in the Smash 4 era more so than the Brawl era, but King K. Rool was actively missing games people thought he should be in addition to just not showing up like Isaac.

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
While I do think fighter#4 will be shown in the next general nintendo Direct in September/October, it is without question that Banjo&Kazooie need to be released before that.
And since amiibo releases kind of coincided with the dlc releases so far, it is expected that Banjo will release not to far from September 20th, which also happens to be Fall time...
Not only that, but the bear and bird duo seemed pretty much complete in their trailer, so all of the Rare content must be very close to being finished, thus making it possible for them to be released at the beginning of Fall, and then for #4 to be shown off in the September/October direct...

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
While I do think fighter#4 will be shown in the next general nintendo Direct in September/October, it is without question that Banjo&Kazooie need to be released before that.
And since amiibo releases kind of coincided with the dlc releases so far, it is expected that Banjo will release not to far from September 20th, which also happens to be Fall time...
Not only that, but the bear and bird duo seemed pretty much complete in their trailer, so all of the Rare content must be very close to being finished, thus making it possible for them to be released at the beginning of Fall, and then for #4 to be shown off in the September/October direct...
I don't think that will matter much. Banjo and Kazooie will release in late September/early October, so I don't think announcing character #4 before they release is going to affect anything.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
You're just going to go on about your hatred for assist trophies until the end of time, aren't you?

Like I get it, it sucks seeing a character you've pulled for get deconfirmed as an Assist Trophy (or potentially a Spirit, but we'll wait on that one). But, at the end of the day, Ultimate had a limited number of newcomers available to work with to begin with and there was always going to be characters who didn't make it in as playable characters. Your issue isn't with the existence of the character as an assist trophy, your issue is that they weren't playable. You would have reacted equally as poorly with no assist trophy of them. You'll be quick to say, "But then they had a chance as DLC" and the honest answer is, as of right now, no they didn't. It was an assist trophy or nothing for some of these characters. The fighter's pass was already chosen ages ago and nothing would have changed regarding their situation outside of being given the false hope that they could still come at a later time. And if DLC ended and they still didn't come, you were going to have the same reaction of disappointment.

At best, removing every single Assist Trophy might get you one character... maybe... depending on how much work actually went into them for this game versus how much a unique newcomer required work wise (which is an absolute ton more work to make sure they are balanced, have the fewest issues of anything in the game, dedicated movesets, etc.). To that end, you'd be trading the following things: Legitimately fun assist trophies such as Sheriff, Flies and Hand, Color Game TV, etc; Isaac's first HD appearance and first Golden Sun acknowledgement since Dark Dawn 8 years ago (Isaac fans were at the very least happy to have that much); the victory of having Shovel Knight as an assist for Yacht Club Games and indie games in general; Fatal Frame; Monster Hunter; etc. You're giving a lot to get maybe one character that you have no guarantee of even liking in the first place because it could be anyone else and we don't know if a single assist trophy would have even been in the running for another spot.

And if you bring up future DLC, well I've got news for you! All bets are off and Assist Trophies could become fighters as could any number of further characters. We're outside of the rules of base game and the first Fighter's Pass, so it doesn't matter anymore who was or wasn't an assist trophy, and I sincerely doubt a potential future DLC character would be held back because Nintendo looked at an Assist Trophy and decided, "You know what, I guess we won't make Isaac fans happy after all, they already have an Assist Trophy" in a hypothetical scenario where they're responding to base game backlash.

Your issue isn't really with Assist Trophies from your posting, it's just with the fact these characters aren't in the game (and this applies to a great deal of people in the same boat) in your preferred role. You've got some legitimate grievances with Assists that are more worth debating, but it really seems like your main vitriol against them comes from this other aspect of things. And you end up using hyperbole to frame it like nobody likes Assist Trophies when in fact many people do, were grateful to end up with an Assist Trophy, and others don't see it as so fatalistic, myself included.
I said it time and time again, I rather having nothing than Assist Trophies. I'm perfectly fine if they took all that time & money spent on development of Assist Trophies and just had a month vacation in Hawaii. Anything would've been better than making Assist Trophies. I'm an Isaac fan and I don't give a crap about his first HD model appearance. Yacht Club is happy with Shovel Knight Assist Trophies because they got a bunch of money from Nintendo; real big victory when you're not allowed to have a playable status in a fighting game where the major appeal is playing it. I don't even remember that Fatal Frame had an Assist Trophy, which is bloody sad that a third parties guess is just forgettable because of how many characters are just drowning in the RNG Assist Trophies. I don't think any of the Assist Trophies you mentioned are fun. And we would still have Rathalos because it's a boss and Assist Trophy, getting rid of the Assist Trophy would just make it a boss which is totally fine.

As for your whole DLC discussion is pointless considering that out of the 75 characters that are playable only 3 of them came from Assist Trophies, and two of the are clones. If Piranha Plant can just be chosen to be playable then it doesn't matter if the character was an Assist Trophy or not. It's not like those characters are putting the time in to rise up the ranks to he playable. And when it comes to your comment "You know what, I guess we won't make Isaac fans happy after all, they already have an Assist Trophy," Nintendo & Sakurai legitimately thought that the fans would be super happy with that, so that's why they're not going to be doing that. The only reason why an Assist Trophy gets upgraded to be a fighter is because we tell them how it was garbage, which most likely ain't going to happen since this Fighters Pass will probably be the last.

Assist Trophy are just garbage and I rather have nothing. I agree that there's not enough time to make every fighter, but this method to try and cram the characters in does nothing. You like the Assist Trophies, well good for you. Here's a gold star. For me I they're a waste of time and a huge middle finger since that was Sakurai's way of saying they weren't worth considering to be part of the roster while Piranha Plant deserves to be playable. They're trash and belong in the dumpster, not littered on the battlefield.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Sorry I am late to the Geno VA talk, but one thing I suggested a while back is how his voice is edited. I think it would be neat if the voice itself sounded hollow, like speaking in a suit of armor does. As far as Voice actor goes...I think some one new would be best suited. Although, Xander Mobius would do him justice I feel.

Last edited:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I'm legitimately asking if like how people were like "now bring in Geno!" when Banjo got revealed, if they'd specifically feel it was "incomplete" in the same way if Isaac was still just an assist trophy in Ultimate whilst Geno would be announced to be playable.
Yes. Look at how many posts the Isaac thread here has still

Although, Xander Mobius would do him justice I feel.
Xander Mobus voicing Geno is like some monkey paw tier stuff. I am sick of hearing him to begin with

Last edited:

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
If Geno gets in, I hope he's unvoiced (grunts are ok, but please no English). I don't think a voice would suit him without coming across as awkward, forced or cheesy even.

I know he talks in Mario RPG, but so does Bowser. As has been experimented once before in Mario Sunshine, Bowser should never speak long sentences again :4bowser: *shudders*.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Yes. Look at how many posts the Isaac thread here has still

Xander Mobus voicing Geno is like some monkey paw tier stuff. I am sick of hearing him to begin with
Again, Yuri Lowenthal, Dan Green, or Kyle Hebert could pull Geno's character off I feel if not Xander Mobus.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
If Geno gets in, I hope he's unvoiced (grunts are ok, but please no English). I don't think a voice would suit him without coming across as awkward, forced or cheesy even.

I know he talks in Mario RPG, but so does Bowser. As has been experimented once before in Mario Sunshine, Bowser should never speak long sentences again :4bowser:.
The problem there is that Bowser's depicted in Smash on his more ferocious side because that's how Sakurai envisioned him: a monster. Sakurai would probably try to do Geno justice. Whether that would entail no sounds, actual Japanese voice lines, or even star sounds, I don't know.

MattX20

Smash Hero
The problem there is that Bowser's depicted in Smash on his more ferocious side because that's how Sakurai envisioned him: a monster. Sakurai would probably try to do Geno justice. Whether that would entail no sounds, actual Japanese voice lines, or even star sounds, I don't know.
Geno has lines in Japanese too, it's not just a Western thing. That, and Geno's line of "I serve a higher authority" would probably be one of his win quotes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom