• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Very late reply to this, I know, but can anyone give me proof for the following?

- NoA source who hasn't got anything wrong say Geno is "probably coming"

- HQ Trivia Geno question

I know about everything else but those 2 are something I never heard about.
This took me some time to find, but here is the VERY first instance Sabi had said something about her Source (NoA guy) about Geno.
I have some juicy info about Geno being early dlv but I'm not sure if it's okay to say what I've heard.
To put it bluntly, there is a rumor within NoA saying Geno is playable. Not that it confirms hin, but the last 4 internal rumors I heard were true, so I'm optimistic in this. I'm tired and on mobile, so I won't explain too much. I'm friends with a brand ambassador who writes books and gets review copies, and he told me some of this juicy water cooler talk. I'd even link his content but I'm not sure it's okay for me to disclose his stuff with nintendo, might cost him some issues.

I'm nor an insider or claiming to leak. Just wanted to tell my geno friends that I'm hearing some stuff about Geno that makes him seem very likely to me.
Also I believe Datboigeno Datboigeno saw the trivia thing back in the day. I have yet to find that pic lol.
EDIT: Sniped by ya! Tag teaming this!

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Something I just realized, with all this Spirit talk: Even if the DLC was finalized in November, we already had proof that Geno was in the game in some form since July’s direct, with the Battle Arena menu thing. They had already shown him in the game, and if anything changed regarding his status as an upcoming fighter, his disappearance from the base game would suddenly be a dead giveaway. His appearance as just an icon and not a Spirit would also be a dead giveaway, so even if he was chosen as DLC in the months that followed, they couldn’t really remove him.
The battle arena wasn't shown off til the November Direct and that was the first time we'd seen Geno in any form in the game as a token for the arena.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Looking back at PolarPanda's (Sabi) post about having that 'juicy' take on Geno being DLC...that was back on November 3rd. Sakurai tweeted on the 6th that the DLC was complete.
https://games.mxdwn.com/news/super-smash-bros-ultimates-dlc-characters-finalized/
During the November Direct, we saw the Fighters Pass announced. So what is kind of interesting to me is...why would the DLC NOT be finalized by the time of its announcement? Or at least, the day after direct to announce the pass was finalized.

It could mean nothing for all I know and am willing to bet someone will say otherwise, but the timing of Polar's post followed by the finalization of DLC is interesting with what we have now.
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice it would be incredible if the Grinch Leak affected the lineup or add a bonus (Geno) fighter haha.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Wow, the ResetERA stuff blew the heck up. That being said, I'm not about to get into any crazy arguments (no matter where you stand, you have to admit that this **** is exhausting), but I do apologize for being awfully harsh earlier. Personal opinions ended up clouding my perception, and I'm at fault for that. I do still think people jumped the gun a bit, but they don't have the full picture some of us do, so that's more understandable.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
At this point I just want Sunday to get here already so that it can hopefully put an end to all this animosity. Things are tense enough in the board without a civil war in a character thread.

Three days...

Last edited:

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
it would be incredible if the Grinch Leak affected the lineup or add a bonus (Geno) fighter haha.
here's hoping I and the rest of the Isaac family come in as well. Wishful thinking says we get Geno as a bonus, Isaac as #4, Lloyd as #5, and Waluigi as another bonus, but I severely doubt that all of this will happen

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
At this point I just want Sunday to get here already so that it can hopefully put an end to all this animosity. Things are tense enough in the board without a civil war in a character thread.

Three days...
No way, civil war is fun. We can make it fun. Here:

Which do you prefer, cake or pie? I will always prefer pie.

Now it's on. Now the slaughter begins. Now... we divide. Which reigns supreme?!

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Ive seen some people on this thread think geno is in for sure

Look, I want to be confident in his chances, but how could you say for sure? The Grinch leak buuuuurned
He has a gun for a hand, and I think he fits in really well with Smash.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Hey that ain't fair, I like both. :p Well, maybe cake is a little better.

Speaking of cakes, am I the only one who was reminded of Bundt upon seeing Alcremie's Dynamax form?

AugustusB

Smash Champion

I prefer Pie....so what's everyone's favorite?

You want a war? Here's the war question:
Is a muffin a cake?

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate after all this time I somehow never made it to the supporter list, mind adding me? I liked the first post.

I’m just going to go ahead and lock in all my Geno-related predictions and when I made them in one spot, and come back to this thread every time I get something right or wrong.

Nov 21, 2018: Stage is Forest Maze Bowyer boss fight with button lock mechanic as the stage hazard

Dec 7, 2018: Geno definitely in

June 16, 2019: Long shot Paper Geno, and Paper Mario content crossover

Aug 1, 2019: Music tracks are some combo of original and remixed versions of: Mushroom Road, Forest Maze, Star Hill, Regular Battle, Boss Battle, Big Boss Battle, Smithy Battle

Aug 1, 2019: Costumes are Mallow (sword fighter), Johnny (sword fighter), Booster (brawler), Dodo (brawler), Croco (gunner), Smithy (gunner)

Aug 1, 2019: Spirits will include Hammer bros, Jinx, Boshi, Gaz, Exor, Frogfugicus

D

Deleted member

Easily pie. Cake is good but I don't like how sweet it is or it's texture while I prefer Pie's crust, it's flavor, Most of it's flavors while I only like 2 or 3 flavors of Cake, Etc.

I just think Pie is better. I don't even really like icing honestly it's too sweet.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord

Apple pie is my all time favorite. I'm behind you in this, Ovaltine!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Figured this would be good to share here.

If it's ice cream cake, then cake wins. Otherwise, I would choose pie.

Also, this feels fitting to link here.

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
That question is a set up. The cake is obviously a lie. But I can't have pie on my diet (or cake). And there is cake and cricket pie in SMRPG so I choose...pie still because of my first point?

MattX20

Smash Hero
One last thing people forget to mention, even if it is just a coincidence. When the Geno icon was shown in the November Direct, he was under Shulk, a character known for being able to see into the future

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
One last thing people forget to mention, even if it is just a coincidence. When the Geno icon was shown in the November Direct, he was under Shulk, a character known for being able to see into the future
I don’t think they forget...

Datboigeno

Smash Lord

I was going to say cakes but then I remembered pecan pie exists.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Seems fitting that most people here are going with pie, given that Super Mario RPG literally has a cake for a boss.

That being said, I'm going with cake.

D

Deleted member

Reading what Wazygoose said about a Paper Geno a few months back just gave me an idea and I would like your opinions on this: What if Nintendo bought the rights to Geno and Mallow alongside other Super Mario RPG content and turn those assets into a spin-off of Mario as well.

Imagine this for a second right, Geno and Mallow have their own Spin-off and it's genre and feel is akin to the old Paper Mario games (Paper Mario 64 and TTYD namely) with it having a Storybook feel to it and it's mechanics being like TTYD but instead of Mario/Paper Mario starring in it it's Geno and Mallow going through "Retellings" of their adventures together hence the Storybook aesthetic. Obviously Nintendo doesn't seem keen on returning Paper Mario to it's original feel and mechanics so it would be knocking two fan requested things out with one move.

This could represent the older Paper Mario games and give the fans some sort of return to form/use these mechanics for something else while the team who does Paper Mario now does whatever they want. Geno and Mallow could go travelling throughout the Mario Universe and team up with returning Paper Mario sidekicks (Vivian, Goombario, Kooper, Bomberto, Etc.) or brand new sidekicks like a Whomp sidekick, A Shy guy sidekick, Maybe even a Piranha Plant sidekick or other Super Mario RPG themed sidekicks like a Mole sidekick.

I imagine it could be a mix of Super Mario RPG's mechanics and TTYD have the three party members thing and Timed hits return from Super Mario RPG yet have stuff like the audience mechanic, The look and aesthetic, The menu and other stuff return from those older Paper Mario games.

Maybe even have Booster, Boshi and other characters like that return maybe even have them as sidekicks like Boshi could be a usable sidekick as we wouldn't already have a Yoshi sidekick in this case. Booster could return as a sidekick character with a redemption arc for being an antagonist in the original or he could just be a reoccurring villain/rival/antagonist throughout the series.

I think this could work very well and since it's a "Retelling" of Geno and Mallows adventures it even leaves the door open for them to return outside of this aesthetic in Mario Spinoffs like Mario Party, Mario Kart, Etc.

Call it something like "The many adventures of Geno and Mallow" or something and I think it would be a fun game what do you all think? If something like this were to be made I would buy it.

Edit: forgot to mention but if they call it "The many adventures of Geno and Mallow" or something along those lines I could see the format of the game take place throughout multiple chapters with each one being a different adventure leading up to some grand final chapter facing against the final boss maybe like Smithy's boss or some brand new villain.

Last edited by a moderator:

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
I think the question should be, which would you prefer hitting Geno haters in the face with? Cake or pie? :D
I'm gonna go with pie, like they do in classic gags in old timey cartoons.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Got to go with pie. I bake a lot and it's a lot easier to come up with wild combinations with pie. Some of my favorite experimental pies from the past year: cherry lime cream pie, lavender blackberry lime pie, chocolate chili pumpkin pie, chicken apple cheesy bacon pie, whiskey peach pie, strawberry jalapeno pie, lemon ginger ice box pie, caramel bourbon apple pie, mocha pumpkin pie, etc.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Got to go with pie. I bake a lot and it's a lot easier to come up with wild combinations with pie. Some of my favorite experimental pies from the past year: cherry lime cream pie, lavender blackberry lime pie, chocolate chili pumpkin pie, chicken apple cheesy bacon pie, whiskey peach pie, strawberry jalapeno pie, lemon ginger ice box pie, caramel bourbon apple pie, mocha pumpkin pie, etc.
I gotta try some of those ideas, I’ve done pumpkin cream cheese and bourbon pecan. I’ve got my granny’s apple pie and also a mixed berry pie (peaches, blackberries and blueberry).

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I generally prefer pie to cake, but the best cakes are better than the best pies... so...

Cake, all the way. New York Style Cheesecake, Napoleon, Tiramisu... It's too hard to turn those down.

But I've also cut out most sugars over the past few months, so it's been a while since I've enjoyed any of either delicious substance (High cholesterol at 22 sucks).

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I gotta try some of those ideas, I’ve done pumpkin cream cheese and bourbon pecan. I’ve got my granny’s apple pie and also a mixed berry pie (peaches, blackberries and blueberry).
The chocolate chili pumpkin pie is probably my favorite original pie I've ever come up with. Imagine this... graham cracker crust with cayenne pepper and brown sugar, pumpkin pie with cocoa, cinnamon, and chili powder, and sugar free whipped cream with honey and vanilla on top. It's become my Halloween signature dessert.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Some days, I'm glad that I walk out and get active on the job a lot.

I think the question should be, which would you prefer hitting Geno haters in the face with? Cake or pie? :D
I'm gonna go with pie, like they do in classic gags in old timey cartoons.
Pie, obviously. Preferably blueberry, it's harder to clean off.

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
This is like a Splatfest. Cake vs Pie. I think Pie is winning? Geno and Mallow over Marina and Pearl when?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I always imagined them having something like a Calvin and Hobbes dynamic: Mallow is the little brother who regularly experiments with what he can flush down the toilet/feed the dog and Geno's the mostly stoic yet gentle older brother who tries to keep him in line so they both don't get in trouble with their parents.

Dan

Smash Lord
I think my quest ends here. I don't see any way to prove it one way or another, but I am leaning towards the album being fan-made.

You did well, friend -- it always kinda bothered me how people just accepted it was real but never bothered to look further; it was due for a deep dive like this. I would love to see PapaGenos make a video on it.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
If Geno does happen at EVO, would you guess he would be revealed before or after the finals?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate after all this time I somehow never made it to the supporter list, mind adding me? I liked the first post.

I’m just going to go ahead and lock in all my Geno-related predictions and when I made them in one spot, and come back to this thread every time I get something right or wrong.

Nov 21, 2018: Stage is Forest Maze Bowyer boss fight with button lock mechanic as the stage hazard

Dec 7, 2018: Geno definitely in

June 16, 2019: Long shot Paper Geno, and Paper Mario content crossover

Aug 1, 2019: Music tracks are some combo of original and remixed versions of: Mushroom Road, Forest Maze, Star Hill, Regular Battle, Boss Battle, Big Boss Battle, Smithy Battle

Aug 1, 2019: Costumes are Mallow (sword fighter), Johnny (sword fighter), Booster (brawler), Dodo (brawler), Croco (gunner), Smithy (gunner)

Aug 1, 2019: Spirits will include Hammer bros, Jinx, Boshi, Gaz, Exor, Frogfugicus
I can add you now, when I get home. You liked it after I updated the list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom