• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
They're really not ****ting on Geno's chances though. There's a grand total of 7 posts on Geno, and all they specifically make fun of are the notions that the absence of the Mii costume means anything and that the bird picture means anything. That's it. They don't go beyond that to criticize anything else, and those are completely valid areas to be critical of. Stop treating everything that isn't Geno positive as "****ting on Geno's chances" and the picture leak is generally not considered a serious matter that hints towards anything Smash related outside of this thread. The worst thing there, is just someone straight up posting what Sabi has said and again, they and no one else has any reason to not believe Sabi at their word after months of listening to them.

I don't have an "irrational animosity" towards Sabi's source or anyone. I have a very legitimate issue with the way they are presenting information that I have laid out in detail multiple times. I don't agree with their methods and they do bother me. It's not an animosity, it's a frustration born out of behavior and I think it's a legitimate grievance. Read my post on that if you still think it's an irrational animosity.

I also am to the point where I think that continuing to call me a contrarian is your own version of bad faith. It's a great way to just dismiss anything I say because you don't feel like it. I have stated at multiple points that I'm not here for that and that I operate with a set of principles that I have developed over time through participation in speculation and my own lived experience. I am a more "moderate" Geno fan so to speak, and I don't like crazy theories, so yes, I end up on the opposing side of many of the points brought up here and I have a right to that in this public forum setting. I've even told you before what it would take to get me excited and into the realm of optimism announcement wise. I know I shouldn't be bringing this up directly in the thread like this, but I feel the need to defend myself and express that I'm tired of the "contrarian for the sake of being a contrarian" label, and that's all I'm going to say on it.

I'm not saying it wouldn't take any work to remove a Spirit battle, it certainly would. With how many you have, so many of which don't have a place in World of Light, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say moving things around wouldn't constitute too much difficulty. I mean, we're not talking fundamental pieces of code, we're just talking a really minor piece of content. We also don't really know how involved Sakurai was in the DLC based upon the stuff that came out about Joker from Atlus, so saying it was planned without his knowledge doesn't entirely sit right either. You'd remove them because their big debut in Ultimate is made all the bigger and better with a character reveal rather than a Spirit that causes fan anxiety until the character's release.
I just don't understand why they would bother removing content that was already in the game. Even if it didn't take any work at all. Say Geno is in, and they didn't have that planned until after the spirit battle was fully completed. Why remove it? It's a perfectly good piece of content. Who cares if he's coming later as dlc? The idea that they would remove spirits just because they're going to add the character later seems really silly.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I just don't understand why they would bother removing content that was already in the game. Even if it didn't take any work at all. Say Geno is in, and they didn't have that planned until after the spirit battle was fully completed. Why remove it? It's a perfectly good piece of content. Who cares if he's coming later as dlc? The idea that they would remove spirits just because they're going to add the character later seems really silly.
It's just yet another fan rule that people are clinging to like a buoy despite them getting destroyed left and right in this game. I personally clinged to Hero not making it because of how complicated the copyright of Dragon Quest is and it's uneven international appeal. Sakurai didn't care. Joker only had a super minor Nintendo cameo in Sonic Forces before he was picked for Ultimate? Sakurai didn't care. Banjo was owned by a direct competitor to Nintendo? Sakurai didn't care. A literal potted plant? Sakurai managed to give negative ****s on that one too and that's just the DLC.

D

Deleted member

If Geno does happen at EVO, would you guess he would be revealed before or after the finals?
I want to say before cause if I recall correctly the August Direct announcement didn't get announced after Melee's top 8 but instead right before the top 8 kicked off(?) but I also think if Geno were to be announced there truly would be no better time than to do it afterwards to celebrate EVO and to end it with a bang. I honestly have no idea.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Well, guess we have to wait until (possibly) Sunday to see what the little birdie says next.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
!?!? So what is everyones favorite type of pie?

Mine is apple.
Older crew, do y'all remember this? This was back on page 397 when Xenother and Polar were fighting...Time flies!
Apple Pie is may favorite to go along with Ovaltine Ovaltine 's question.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Older crew, do y'all remember this? This was back on page 397 when Xenother and Polar were fighting...Time flies!
Apple Pie is may favorite to go along with Ovals question.
Oh gosh I actually remember that. I don't recall if I was lurking then but if not then that time was when I had my OG account and oh boy time flies.
It's still Apple Pie btw that's still my favorite pie as well.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
No way, civil war is fun. We can make it fun. Here:

Which do you prefer, cake or pie? I will always prefer pie.

Now it's on. Now the slaughter begins. Now... we divide. Which reigns supreme?!
Pie, hands down. Cake is fine, but it's just too damn dry for me. Plus, most icings taste the same whereas pies can be filled with literally anything: Apple, strawberry, cherry, blueberry, lemon, rhubarb, pecan, pumpkin, you name it.
If Geno does happen at EVO, would you guess he would be revealed before or after the finals?
Definitely after. Gotta make those fans want to actually sit through the tournament. :ultpacman:

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Apple Pie is may favorite to go along with Ovaltine Ovaltine 's question.
Annoying that Xenother was such a blatant fake in actuality. That guy backed Steve so hard and confidently, too. He got BTFO by Banjo

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
The amount of people saying pie are giving me the giggles. Yes. Good. Come to the obviously superior side.

Cake friends, you're... alright, I suppose. :p

Hey, meat cake exists, too... but it's probably not as appetizing.
Pot Pie counts as a pie, right? Just had one for dinner tonight.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
The amount of people saying pie are giving me the giggles. Yes. Good. Come to the obviously superior side.

It's giving you the giggles? *looks at Solid Snake, wearing an apron and holding a pie mural* it gives me a big smile!

(Seriously, if anyone can make that into a picture, I would be a happy boy...anyone?)

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Annoying that Xenother was such a blatant fake in actuality. That guy backed Steve so hard and confidently, too. He got BTFO by Banjo
According to Sabi, he apparently had some legit sources, at least for Atlus, but his Smash info was way off. Not only did he claim Banjo was DEFINITELY not in and Steve DEFINITELY was, but he also stated characters like Chun-Li were cut, even though Sakurai said, and I quote, that, "No characters were added or removed from the project plan." He had obvious misinformation from jump, whether or not his sources were the real deal.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Before

Street Fighter and Tekken announce their reveals before their top 8. It is usually because that is when everyone is watching. Viewership and crowds usually begin to dip as soon as the final game finishes.

CranberryBreve

Smash Rookie
I don’t post much here but I’ve been reading the thread daily and am loving the surge of excitement and speculation over Geno. I’ve been wanting him in smash since the brawl ballot days and am so happy that this community exists! The main thing on my mind right now is the fact that the mii costume has not come back. It’s hard to shake the bias, but I feel like objectively it would make little sense for this costume not to come back. The only two explanations I see are:

A) pack 4 or 5 is a square character (not Geno) and Geno’s mii costume releases then.

B) pack 4 or 5 is Geno and the mii costume also returns then, sort of like how Erdrick is both a fighter and a mii costume.

The only reason I see for Nintendo to not add in Geno’s mii costume is if they decide that the technical effort of adding him is not worth the effort (hard to believe)

Anyway, just wanted to add some thoughts and say keep up the love, music, excitement, and inquisitiveness :)

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
All this talk of pie and cake and no one mentions cheesecake? My mom's caramel chocolate cheesecake is the best thing I've ever eaten. Gotta go with cake.

Nicnac

Smash Ace
So when would this hypothetical EVO announcement be in terms of date and time?

EDIT: Team Pie! Steak and mince pies are too good to give up for me.

Last edited:

zippyskipy

Smash Cadet
I can't believe you're all a bunch of dirty pie lovers, smh my head :urg:

Idk if it's just a texture thing or what but pie is never my first choice. Especially flavors that are just... Fruit goop. Eugh.

I'm willing to look past your cake slander but that hunk of meat and lies is an affront to everything good, holy, and cake-y and I won't stand for it! :mad088:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
EVO Finals for Ultimate starts at 7PM PST right? That's pretty much 10PM EST start for us folks on the East Coast.

Given the the tourney goes on for like 2-3 hours, I hope I won't have to wait until 12-1AM to see if there's a reveal happening. If something like this were to happen, hopefully they announce it ahead of time.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Clearly, the best pie is apple pie (a la mode especially), with the best cake being Carvel ice cream cake.

Nothing can top these. Ever.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
All this talk of pie and cake and no one mentions cheesecake? My mom's caramel chocolate cheesecake is the best thing I've ever eaten. Gotta go with cake.
I 100% mentioned cheesecake as one of the reasons I gave cake the win over pie. Like, good, top tier Cheesecake, is one of the absolute best deserts in existence.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Breaking off from cakes vs pies for the moment, it kind of sucks we can't get more than one speculation image but to be fair, I understand why, since it's due to privacy reasons. This bird is driving me insane. I've been sharing our Geno speculation with my cousin and she hopes it happens this weekend, if at all. Mainly so Geno can join Smash and Guzma will join the anime officially Saturday, so... GG?

Also, Ovaltine, don't @ me but pumpkin pie is a superior for me but apple is a close second.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
By the way, while trying to search for apt Kirby art earlier, I came across this: https://www.deviantart.com/daimyo-koikoi/art/Super-Mario-RPG-Sculpture-Set-799885983

Any of you lads saw these sculptures before? They seem nice.

EVO Finals for Ultimate starts at 7PM PST right? That's pretty much 10PM EST start for us folks on the East Coast.

Given the the tourney goes on for like 2-3 hours, I hope I won't have to wait until 12-1AM to see if there's a reveal happening. If something like this were to happen, hopefully they announce it ahead of time.
I sat through the entire VGAs waiting for Joker to happen, I'll sit through this. Now way I'll avoid not getting spoiled.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
By the way, while trying to search for apt Kirby art earlier, I came across this: https://www.deviantart.com/daimyo-koikoi/art/Super-Mario-RPG-Sculpture-Set-799885983

Any of you lads saw these sculptures before? They seem nice.

I sat through the entire VGAs waiting for Joker to happen, I'll sit through this. Now way I'll avoid getting spoiled.
Oh god, the VGA's were such a snorefest, too, aside from CTR. Funnily, I was just about to zone out entirely just when they were about to reveal Joker, and I stuck around long enough to see it. That was a great night.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Oh god, the VGA's were such a snorefest, too, aside from CTR. Funnily, I was just about to zone out entirely just when they were about to reveal Joker, and I stuck around long enough to see it. That was a great night.
That reminds me, we still don't have details for the Ultra Deluxe edition of Stanley Parable, do we? That was one of the highlights for me. Alongside CTR, Joker and Dead Cells actually winning a big award.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

CTR and Joker rocked.

Ultimate Alliance 3 rocked too... But we don't talk about my reactions back then...

Last edited by a moderator:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Apparently, I missed something. What did I miss? Please post links if you can if there are any.

owjies

Smash Journeyman
Clearly, the best pie is apple pie (a la mode especially), with the best cake being Carvel ice cream cake.

Nothing can top these. Ever.
Oh man apple pie a la mode is one of my favorite deserts. In general I’m a pie person, but my family has two cake recipes that are so good they alone pull me into the cake camp (apple and carrot).

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Oh man apple pie a la mode is one of my favorite deserts. In general I’m a pie person, but my family has two cake recipes that are so good they alone pull me into the cake camp (apple and carrot).
Carrot cake, the perfect cake for anyone that doesn't want it too sweet, yet is still tasty enough. Honey cake's good for that as well, more consistency to it.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I struggle with pie because I don't like pie crust. It's just crumbly **** that tastes like cardboard. If more pies did Oreo crumb crusts they'd be higher on my list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom