• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Again... why would the Vifam model be for a DLC character if it was purchased in early 2017 and the DLC wasn't finalized until 2018?
This is a man who got Cloud, Snake, Banjo, Erdrick, Megaman, Sonic, Simon, Bayonetta, Joker, Pacman, Ryu, K Rool, Ridley and everyone in the same game. You think a trifling little thing like the rules of space time and time travel would stop him? Please.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Again... why would the Vifam model be for a DLC character if it was purchased in early 2017 and the DLC wasn't finalized until 2018?
I can't be certain, but maybe Sakurai had entertained the idea of Geno. After all, we do have his spirit. Maybe the Vifam gun was to bounce ideas for Geno around in his head, whether it'd be for future DLC or not. If such was the case, it'd make sense that we haven't seen the fruit and might not ever, given Nintendo sprung a DLC plan on him in Jan. 2018 out of nowhere. If Sakurai had any DLC plans for Geno, that may have just wiped them off of the table, even if for the time being.

That would be a good scenario, though. Sakurai said, and I quote, that they 'have a surplus of time and money'. If he still wants Geno in, and such had been the idea, then that looks great for his chances. However, this is all theory-crafting, and I personally don't think that this is the case myself. It is a curious situation, though.

My personal belief? The Vifam model was just for his personal collection, in all actuality. It wasn't actually used for Ultimate at all.

Klimax

Smash Ace
Geno's chances are basically non-existent, the first three characters of the fighter pass are third party juggernauts.
Sure Nintendo is always ****ing up their last reveals but they're not that dumb. You can bet on huge third party characters.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Well, I, for one, am not giving up and I hope the rest of you won't either.

Things are looking so incredibly up for us. Banjo's reveal is a huge sign that most of the major most-wanteds are going to be on the roster this time around, and let's not forget which blue possessed doll has had a huge following since the Brawl days.

I suspect every DLC fighter will be a fan favorite as that's been what has been happening so far with the exception of Pirahna Plant.

My money's on a Geno reveal and another Capcom or Namco character. Maybe someone from Soul Calibur.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Geno's chances are basically non-existent, the first three characters of the fighter pass are third party juggernauts.
Sure Nintendo is always ****ing up their last reveals but they're not that dumb. You can bet on huge third party characters.
"I'll just go into a character support thread and tell people Nintendo would have to be stupid to add their character. That'll make me lots of friends!"

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Honestly there's a lot in favor of Geno and against him - it's hard to know which way to lean at times. Realistically I would think he isn't coming back, BUT then Banjo was confirmed last month and that seemed just as far away in my mind. No way they'd bring them back after all this time, but here we are.

Klimax

Smash Ace
"I'll just go into a character support thread and tell people Nintendo would have to be stupid to add their character. That'll make me lots of friends!"
I support Geno since Brawl days dude, I'm not against his inclusion at all. That's just an objective statement, they decided to go for third party juggernauts, not for obscure fan-service picks that would only appeal to die-hard Nintendo fans. From a marketing perspective, it makes no sense, that's why it's not happening.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I support Geno since Brawl days dude, I'm not against his inclusion at all. That's just an objective statement, they decided to go for third party juggernauts, not for obscure fan-service picks that would only appeal to die-hard Nintendo fans. From a marketing perspective, it makes no sense, that's why it's not happening.
The relevance argument is a dead one since Banjo was confirmed along with 3 of the DQ heroes being from older installments. Geno's got a chance as far as I'm concerned.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Honestly there's a lot in favor of Geno and against him - it's hard to know which way to lean at times. Realistically I would think he isn't coming back, BUT then Banjo was confirmed last month and that seemed just as far away in my mind. No way they'd bring them back after all this time, but here we are.
This is precisely why I believe Geno will come back one day, as long as we keep our voices loud, if not even louder than before. Banjo-Kazooie returning in any form, let alone Smash, was a pipe dream of mine. I highly doubted it'd EVER happen. Even when Shinobi leaked them, I didn't believe it. Even after being told that they were happening for sure, I refused to just believe that.

They. Freaking. Happened.

Even if Geno doesn't happen in Ultimate, I'm damn sure he will come back as long as we stay determined and keep fighting. If the biggest pipe dream I'd given up on so many years ago can happen, then Geno can happen. I will fight 'til I can't any more for my boy to come back. I gave up on B-K, but they taught me a valuable lesson:

DON'T GIVE UP!

Can't say I disagree with most of your statements, but for the record, as a HUGE Banjo fan, I'd hardly call him and Kazooie a juggernaut.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The relevance argument is a dead one since Banjo was confirmed along with 3 of the DQ heroes being from older installments. Geno's got a chance as far as I'm concerned.
Banjo was constantly being used by Microsoft, just lacking a new game. Yet getting new merchandise. It didn't lack relevance at all.

It's really not the same case here. Dragon Quest is constantly a relevant series as well. It's unfortunate, but Geno doesn't have relevancy on his side, something all the DLC characters actually do have. Not that I think it'll prevent him from getting in by itself, though. Getting the licensing is still going to be the main hurdle to go through at this point. Especially since relevancy is just a small factor(and actually was stated to matter for 1st parties, not 3rd parties).

Klimax

Smash Ace
Banjo Kazooie are well known, being icons of the N64 era. Dragon Quest 3 is an absolute classic JRPG. 4 is also well known. 8 is the most popular Dragon Quest in the west and regarded as one of the best JRPG on PS2. These characters mean money. Also, they never fell into obscurity. You can't compare any of them with Geno.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
I see a lot of Geno talk going on around here, Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube, Reddit, GameFAQs and otherwise. I'd say that's pretty relevant.

He's in boys.

Klimax

Smash Ace
Can't say I disagree with most of your statements, but for the record, as a HUGE Banjo fan, I'd hardly call him and Kazooie a juggernaut.
The simple fact that they belong to Microsoft make them a huge deal. And even without that, most of the people who like video games know who they are. They're the embodiment of the collect-a-thon, their influence on the industry and especially on the 3D platformer is massive (at the end of the day, more 3D platformers ended up copying Banjo Kazooie than Super Mario 64).

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Hey guys! Hows i--

Oh...guess its a bad time to say I like this avatar... *Sees Klimax* This is awkward...

EDIT: I do not think any rules hold up 'currently'. Now that can change on a dime with whoever character 4 is. Doom Slayer or whoever? Looks like 3rd party all the way. Geno? Fan favorite and still 3rd party. Bandana Dee? 1st party. Who knows, gang. All we can do is speculate and hope for Geno's return in Ultimate. If not, then we cannot stay quiet!

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
The simple fact that they belong to Microsoft make them a huge deal. And even without that, most of the people who like video games know who they are. They're the embodiment of the collect-a-thon, their influence on the industry and especially on the 3D platformer is massive (at the end of the day, more 3D platformers ended up copying Banjo Kazooie than Super Mario 64).
I get the first point. It's a huge deal to get a character from your competitor, let alone a fan favorite one. That said, I can't say most people who like video games know who they are. B-K are unknowns to a heck of a lot of people. Oddly, I've met more people who know who Geno is, yet haven't the slightest clue who Banjo and Kazooie are. (Of course, that doesn't mean Geno is super well-known either, but B-K isn't known THAT largely.)

As for their legacy... it's debatable. Yeah, they influenced some stuff, but I'd say Mario is by-and-far the biggest influencer of the genre, not to mention the embodiment of the collect-a-thon. (B-K wouldn't have existed without SM64, after all.) B-K did a lot of great things, don't get me wrong, and their influence is felt even to this day, but you can't seriously compare them to Mario.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I see a lot of Geno talk going on around here, Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube, Reddit, GameFAQs and otherwise. I'd say that's pretty relevant.

He's in boys.
As nice as that is, it doesn't matter how much fans talk about something if the company (companies in this instance) don't do anything with him. That's the relevance people are talking about when they bring it up. That sort of thing at least keeps a character at the forefront of the company's mind and also makes it to where they will see more direct profits from the new merch/releases when the characters get into Smash. Super Mario RPG can only currently provide profit in one of two ways. You either boot up the Wii U and purchase it on the Virtual Console (and that's basically not even worth mentioning with how few people own the Wii U in the first place and the system is super dead). Or you buy the SNES Classic. Which is a hell of an $80 investment just to get into Super Mario RPG specifically and serves more as a novelty device than a proper and dedicated gaming platform. There's also no legacy merchandise or consistent cameos like Banjo Kazooie had either... That's why Geno's in a bit of a tough position still. He's just not relevant to either company.

I don't think that's enough to keep him out of Smash and it's certainly not the only indicator used when deciding characters, but it is the sort of thing that can hurt him as an option when they're considering characters.

"LC"_Lapen

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 6950 2675 8190
Back from Anime Expo, and there was one more Geno related print I had spied in a previous year that I had forgot to note who and where to get it from. Well, found it!

20190708_163810 (2).jpg

Artist is Hans Tseng (Oxfruit) on Twitter, and you can see the SMRPG print in his booth if you look at his twitter pics. I only got the medium sized one, but make no mistake I'm getting the large next year, framed and in full display. It's been said but I'll say it again; having all of these artists put out such quality work of a game people dismiss as overrated or irrelevant helps reinforce that this game and its characters are indeed something special and deserve to be celebrated and revitalized in the present day.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
As nice as that is, it doesn't matter how much fans talk about something if the company (companies in this instance) don't do anything with him. That's the relevance people are talking about when they bring it up. That sort of thing at least keeps a character at the forefront of the company's mind and also makes it to where they will see more direct profits from the new merch/releases when the characters get into Smash. Super Mario RPG can only currently provide profit in one of two ways. You either boot up the Wii U and purchase it on the Virtual Console (and that's basically not even worth mentioning with how few people own the Wii U in the first place and the system is super dead). Or you buy the SNES Classic. Which is a hell of an $80 investment just to get into Super Mario RPG specifically and serves more as a novelty device than a proper and dedicated gaming platform. There's also no legacy merchandise or consistent cameos like Banjo Kazooie had either... That's why Geno's in a bit of a tough position still. He's just not relevant to either company.

I don't think that's enough to keep him out of Smash and it's certainly not the only indicator used when deciding characters, but it is the sort of thing that can hurt him as an option when they're considering characters.
I'm well aware of the context of the relevance argument, I was half-joking when I posted that but you also have to acknowledge that Sakurai already has acknowledged us in the form of a Geno Mii Costume, which to this day I can still fire up my copy of Smash 3DS and play around with. That's pretty close to playable if you ask me and a pretty significant step in the right direction. I'm not really sure how Sakurai operates when it comes to his player base with requests (at least outside of Smash ballots, if at all) but it's nice that he took the time to acknowledge us little guys.

Klimax

Smash Ace
I get the first point. It's a huge deal to get a character from your competitor, let alone a fan favorite one. That said, I can't say most people who like video games know who they are. B-K are unknowns to a heck of a lot of people. Oddly, I've met more people who know who Geno is, yet haven't the slightest clue who Banjo and Kazooie are. (Of course, that doesn't mean Geno is super well-known either, but B-K isn't known THAT largely.)

As for their legacy... it's debatable. Yeah, they influenced some stuff, but I'd say Mario is by-and-far the biggest influencer of the genre, not to mention the embodiment of the collect-a-thon. (B-K wouldn't have existed without SM64, after all.) B-K did a lot of great things, don't get me wrong, and their influence is felt even to this day, but you can't seriously compare them to Mario.
Well, I also have strange examples like this but I think it's just a matter of people we are talking with. Let's not that forget that in fact, we underestimated Banjo & Kazooie popularity by assuming that "Japan doesn't give a **** about them" and in the end, we saw that it was not true.

Actually, I think Mario 64 is one of the best game ever made and that Banjo Kazooie is at best a good 3D platformer (and a mediocre one at times) but in my opinion, many games are emulating more BK than SM64. It's probably unconsciously but it's still what I see. When they have no inspiration for their 3D platformers, developers go for many different collectibles (something that BK did, not Mario) and many sections with different gameplay (BK makes you do a ton of things were Mario is more focused on level design and simple platforming).

Many developers wanted to do their Super Mario 64 but ended doing something closer to Banjo Kazooie because they lack the genius that it takes to do a Mario 64 like. Games like the first Jak and Daxter, HAVEN and many other 3D platformers from the early 2000 are more similar to BK than Mario. That's why I said that BK has a huge legacy.
And I don't say that BK or Jak are bad games, I just say that it's easier to do these games than a good Mario 64.

Anyway, these are the reasons that make me say that yeah, Banjo Kazooie have a huge legacy and are the embodiment of the collect-a-thon (Mario 64's only significant collectibles being the stars). This is why I think that they're a third party juggernaut

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Anyway, these are the reasons that make me say that yeah, Banjo Kazooie have a huge legacy and are the embodiment of the collect-a-thon (Mario 64's only significant collectibles being the stars). This is why I think that they're a third party juggernaut
Understandable! Your arguments are sound, but I kinda just disagree because of how huge SM64 was, I guess. I say we just agree to disagree on this bit, especially since some of this is deriving from anecdotal evidence on both of our sides.

That said, though, SM64 had plenty of collectibles that were pretty 1:1 with B-K's. Here's the rundown:

- Stars (Jiggies)
- Coins (Musical notes, doubles as full honeycombs)
- Red coins (Jinjos)
- Cap switches (Bottles' moves, namely stuff like Turbo Trainers and Wading Boots?)
- Extra lives (... extra lives lol)
- Keys and star doors (note doors, jigsaw portraits)

The only equivalents I can't really find one of is for Mumbo tokens and stuff for eggs + feathers... and that's just about it. Otherwise, they're pretty toe-to-toe in terms of collectibles. Now, if we want something that is ridiculous in terms of amount of collectibles, play DK64 100% sometime.

... Actually, please don't. I suffered doing that. I wouldn't recommend that to my worst enemy, even...

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Reminder that the Vifam rifle could've been used for a non-playable character, like an AT or something. Not saying it was, but it could've been.
After this Fighter Pass, I think it'll be about time to drop the Vifam figure from speculation entirely, honestly. We're rapidly approaching the point where it'll be way too outdated to have any bearing on the current situation whatsoever. We're probably the only ones who still remember that old thing, to be honest.
True; it could have been used for a cut character or AT because nobody uses this style of gun in the game now. Minute detail to consider is how the gun is held.

Note the following video:

This video shows how Doom Slayer picks up all the weapons in the 2016 game. You'll notice that he holds most at shoulder height which makes sense because, as a human, he'd still need to use the scope/line of sight to aim. For obvious reasons, a mech wouldn't need to hold a weapon that high up. I'll explain further.

Here's Ray MK III:

Note the weapon height. You can also notice this in characters like Megaman, Mii Gunner, and Samus because their firearm is, well, literally their arm. With a mech, guns/cannons are usually more of an extension of the body instead of a holdable object. You can notice this difference with Joker, Bayonetta, and even Snake in how they hold their weapons more eye level and in the line of sight (note: Falco is an exception and it's noted by Slippy he aims with a trick shot).

It's like if you close your eyes and point your finger, you have a good idea of exactly where an imaginary bullet would go because you can literally feel where you're pointing. You can't do this with a gun so it's a more strict arm position. You have to rely more on your eyes to aim properly. This said, the Vifam figure would fight in a way that the weapon is a part of them than something they pick up in order to be a reliable model for something.

Klimax

Smash Ace
Understandable! Your arguments are sound, but I kinda just disagree because of how huge SM64 was, I guess. I say we just agree to disagree on this bit, especially since some of this is deriving from anecdotal evidence on both of our sides.

That said, though, SM64 had plenty of collectibles that were pretty 1:1 with B-K's. Here's the rundown:

- Stars (Jiggies)
- Coins (Musical notes, doubles as full honeycombs)
- Red coins (Jinjos)
- Cap switches (Bottles' moves, namely stuff like Turbo Trainers and Wading Boots?)
- Extra lives (... extra lives lol)
- Keys and star doors (note doors, jigsaw portraits)

The only equivalents I can't really find one of is for Mumbo tokens and stuff for eggs + feathers... and that's just about it. Otherwise, they're pretty toe-to-toe in terms of collectibles. Now, if we want something that is ridiculous in terms of amount of collectibles, play DK64 100% sometime.

... Actually, please don't. I suffered doing that. I wouldn't recommend that to my worst enemy, even...
You can basically complete Mario 64 by not grabbing a single coin while musical note are required to open certain areas in BK.
Red coins are not really hidden, most of the time they're in the different sections of the level and you grab them by just walking on obvious paths. And sometimes all of them are at the same spot, like in the lava level on that Bowser puzzle. Jinjos are more hidden. Once again, you can complete Mario 64 without doing the red coins stars while you're forced to find the jinjos.
You can't access the Gruntilda's fight without the vast majority (I even think you need all of them but I don't remember clearly) of the jiggies. Definitely not the same thing with Mario.

If we just look at the numbers, yeah BK doesn't have much more collectibles but in the end, the collectibles in BK are much more important than the ones in Mario 64. But I get your point.

And yeah, DK64 is the big boss of collect-a-thon (at core it's just a poorly designed game but still, there's a ****load of things to collect haha) and i'm definitely not playing this game one more time lol

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
You can basically complete Mario 64 by not grabbing a single coin while musical note are required to open certain areas in BK.
Red coins are not really hidden, most of the time they're in the different sections of the level and you grab them by just walking on obvious paths. And sometimes all of them are at the same spot, like in the lava level on that Bowser puzzle. Jinjos are more hidden. Once again, you can complete Mario 64 without doing the red coins stars while you're forced to find the jinjos.
You can't access the Gruntilda's fight without the vast majority (I even think you need all of them but I don't remember clearly) of the jiggies. Definitely not the same thing with Mario.

If we just look at the numbers, yeah BK doesn't have much more collectibles but in the end, the collectibles in BK are much more important than the ones in Mario 64. But I get your point.

And yeah, DK64 is the big boss of collect-a-thon (at core it's just a poorly designed game but still, there's a ****load of things to collect haha) and i'm definitely not playing this game one more time lol
Ah, yeah, very good point. You do need 70 stars for SM64, whereas you need 96 of 100 Jiggies for Grunty. Conditions are very different and ought to be taken into account, yeah.

Man, I love the charm of DK64, but it was handled so, soooo badly. 100% had been escaping from my grasp for years, too, so after K. Rool was announced for Ultimate, I finally 100%'d the game from start to finish. NEVER AGAIN rofl.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I had an idea for a reveal for Geno and IF he ever gets announced, it will not be as good as this!

This could either be for the Pass or bonus DLC so eh.

It starts with a shot of a starry night. You see some stars shooting by and one star comes up close to the screen. It shines and it shows text written on it as it clears up. "Any Persona fighter. It would be awesome to see that franchise in Smash" Then another one comes up, in a different language (Subtitles come into play...its Japanese) "Erdrick or any Hero from Dragon Quest! It would be amazing to see this wonderful series get into Smash" The next star comes in "Banjo & Kazooie. They were once part of the Nintendo family and it would be amazing to see them among friends" And then, just more stars pouring in with different texts stating they want the Fighter's Pass characters in Smash.

The Stars slow down and we see one more star come close to the screen "I wish to see my old friend again. -Mario"
Geno Awakens

Just an idea that came to mind and it would honestly be the coolest thing to see actual Smash Ballot responses for a trailer. It will never happen, but that would be the coolest thing and you cannot convince me of another one!

Last edited:

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman
I'm just spitballing ideas here so this isn't something you should take seriously whatsoever but I'm looking back at the Grinch Hoax Mural and the Official Ken and Banjo designs on the Real Mural look eerily similar to the ones on the Grinch Hoax so what if the "Leak" was actually scrapped promotional material?

That may explain how so many coincidences and things outside of the leak pointed to it being real despite it obviously not being what we got. Maybe Sakurai wanted to do those characters but he didn't have time to make them all so he had to scrap some of them and he may have made the ones he kept into playable characters like Ken and Banjo.

It would also explain why despite it being around 9 months ago nobody came out and stated that they made it. Nobody cares anymore so if they're afraid of getting flack I doubt it would happen all that much.

Of course again this is just me spitballing ideas and in no way should it be taken seriously. It would be interesting but I doubt it's the case.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I'm just spitballing ideas here so this isn't something you should take seriously whatsoever but I'm looking back at the Grinch Hoax Mural and the Official Ken and Banjo designs on the Real Mural look eerily similar to the ones on the Grinch Hoax so what if the "Leak" was actually scrapped promotional material?

That may explain how so many coincidences and things outside of the leak pointed to it being real despite it obviously not being what we got. Maybe Sakurai wanted to do those characters but he didn't have time to make them all so he had to scrap some of them and he may have made the ones he kept into playable characters like Ken and Banjo.

It would also explain why despite it being around 9 months ago nobody came out and stated that they made it. Nobody cares anymore so if they're afraid of getting flack I doubt it would happen all that much.

Of course again this is just me spitballing ideas and in no way should it be taken seriously. It would be interesting but I doubt it's the case.
Looking back and comparing, they are not alike, at least not Banjo & Kazooie. Now it could have been a render for placement purposes, but I doubt that.

However, Ken does look pretty dang close to each other as far as resemblance goes. I am of the mind that MTP 100% orchestrated that whole thing. So much about it after the fact is just incredible. HOWEVER, I would love to talk to someone with insider knowledge during that time and see if it was JUST B-K that threw them for a loop. I have a hunch if that was asked now, we could either get them to speak up...or if they stay silent...Someone else from that "Fake" could be happening.

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
I'm just spitballing ideas here so this isn't something you should take seriously whatsoever but I'm looking back at the Grinch Hoax Mural and the Official Ken and Banjo designs on the Real Mural look eerily similar
On one side, yeah, with so many poses possible, the renders are somewhat similar, in comparison to say, fan render's poses for example. At the same time, though, the logistics of it don't quite make sense for me. Why would a discarded leak end up in France? Why does it exist? Considering the time of the grinch leak and the DLC negotiations, what does Banjo being paid DLC mean? I just can't quite connect the dots even if yeah, it does look similar.

That said, with the 'gap' theories like the stage theory and the amiboo theory, I am starting to feel confident there will be more characters than the DLC 5 + Plant. Ult seems far more worried with keeping Smash's flame lit than 4, as far as post-release presence goes, I doubt they will just call it a day in February.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I also don't think we ever got the full story on the Grinch Leak. One conspiracy I've entertained is that it was an artist rendition of what they thought they saw of the actual finished mural or what someone else described to them. Someone like Banjo is distinct as all get-out and virtually impossible to mistake with someone else (you know... a bear in bright yellow shorts with a giant orange bird stuffed in a backpack is pretty unique) but someone like Luminary would probably draw an immediate blank for most fans. Same could honestly be said about someone like Joker. It's like if I showed you a picture of 7 random fruits for 15 seconds and then told you to draw them from memory but you have no idea wtf a dragon fruit is, you're probably going to fill in the blanks to something that you actually know. For example, Doom Slayer being mistaken for Mach Rider is totally believable in this scenario. Something along those lines.

Namasura Namasura Honestly it's not too farfetched if you put into consideration that Vergeben is German and Hitagi (if I remember right) is French. Info travels.

Last edited:

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman
I also don't think we ever got the full story on the Grinch Leak. One conspiracy I've entertained is that it was an artist rendition of what they thought they saw of the actual finished mural or what someone else described to them. Someone like Banjo is distinct as all get-out and virtually impossible to mistake with someone else (you know... a bear in bright yellow shorts with a giant orange bird stuffed in a backpack is pretty unique) but someone like Luminary would probably draw an immediate blank for most fans. Same could honestly be said about someone like Joker. It's like if I showed you a picture of 7 random fruits for 15 seconds and then told you to draw them from memory but you have no idea wtf a dragon fruit is, you're probably going to fill in the blanks to something that you actually know. For example, Doom Slayer being mistaken for Mach Rider is totally believable in this scenario. Something along those lines.

Namasura Namasura Honestly it's not too farfetched if you put into consideration that Vergeben is German and Hitagi (if I remember right) is French. Info travels.
Then who do you think Geno could be mistaken for? Cause to me the guy seems very distinct or at least he stands out compared to the characters people are speculating about.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
That said, with the 'gap' theories like the stage theory and the amiboo theory, I am starting to feel confident there will be more characters than the DLC 5 + Plant. Ult seems far more worried with keeping Smash's flame lit than 4, as far as post-release presence goes, I doubt they will just call it a day in February.
I assume the 'gap' theory is gaps in the mural between fighters? Only one I could see is between Cloud and Pichu...maybe G&W at the beginning. Stage theory says one more stage on top of the fighters pass stages, I believe? I have a strong feeling there will be extra DLC fighters, even if it is just one, or two.

EDIT: Like you have said, The Switch has only begun. Also, Ultimate is getting close to its 1st anniversary.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Possibly no one because Geno's character design and even color scheme is pretty distinct and we've talked about it a lot in this thread. Hell, Geno's hat and hair (?) alone is kind of a calling card, never mind being basically, er, nude outside of boots and a cape. Not exactly a lot of video game character that fit those descriptors.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings

Don't entertain that idea. They missed Incineroar and Piranha Plant, I don't anyone who saw the mural would've gotten those two confuse with any other character. Let's just drop the Grinch Leak and never mention it ever again. It was fake and that's it. Nothing more to it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly? I feel the guy faked the mural using one of the old BG's, did a bit of bad work(as it tried to move things instead of using the actual clean background itself), and then went out of their way to make it believable by using the Grinch stuff. It's a photoshop job. It's remotely possible they could've seen the Ken part at one point, and put him in the same spot, sure. People see real leaks more than often enough. But it was obviously faked. There's way too much making it unrealistic. Never mind people will gladly go out of their way to troll fanbases. It's not exactly unusual with what jerks exist.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Don't entertain that idea. They missed Incineroar and Piranha Plant, I don't anyone who saw the mural would've gotten those two confuse with any other character. Let's just drop the Grinch Leak and never mention it ever again. It was fake and that's it. Nothing more to it.
I dunno. It's fun to consider. There's also the possibility that they simply missed them because the mural's huge or they saw a version of the mural that wasn't complete or they had a brain fart and tried to fill in the blanks like why Chorus Kids was basically in Inceniroar's spot. I don't really put too much stock in it either way but the whole thing was goofy elaborate for a hoax and there's still a lot of unknowns about the whole ordeal.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I dunno. It's fun to consider. There's also the possibility that they simply missed them because the mural's huge or they saw a version of the mural that wasn't complete or they had a brain fart and tried to fill in the blanks like why Chorus Kids was basically in Inceniroar's spot. I don't really put too much stock in it either way but the whole thing was goofy elaborate for a hoax and there's still a lot of unknowns about the whole ordeal.
I really don't find anything related to the Grinch Leak fun anymore. I admit I was a firm believer in the leak since it seemed really likely, but there was a lot of toxicity around it. Not only did it end up fake but Shadow and Isaac (two of my most wanted characters) ended up dying and never going get into Smash Bros Ultimate. There are a lot of inconsistencies with the actual mural and the real mural. Some guy just wanted to screw around and printed a fake mural in a French printing store. That's it. Nothing more. No conspiracies. No legitimacy. And no hint that certain characters showing up as DLC. It's best to just drop the Grinch Leak and move on from it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Given the current state of my life, I like to consider the ridiculous because, at the end of the day, it's mental and creative exercise that my typical day to day absolutely starves me of. That's part of the reason why I still speculate despite it of being a lump sum of nearly two decades of futility. You can't kill me, man, I'm already dead. :skull:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
This is one of my escapes from the mundane, daily routine. It is kind of nice to think up ideas without being too invested or distraught if it doesn't pan out. At the end of the day, there is not much for any of us to do, other than speculate or share ideas and hopes.

Unless you have insider info..then you know....hook a brother up!

Adelto

Smash Journeyman
It's kinda funny how geno and Shantae are on the same boat. Third party who got spirited.
Maybe they will be the last two dlcs but I doubt it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom