• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Not exactly, it got some stuff right so the Jack Frost thing could've just been a bit of misinfo.

I wouldn't complain if it was fake, though, but I would be interested in Erdrick (I'd still prefer Geno of course).
The fact misinfo happened at all undermines the leak's credibility, and thus, as has been stated multiple times, leaks cannot be used for or against a character confirmation. That, and apparently it was the leak that started the whole Erdrick fiasco.

Polan

Smash Lord
They're reselling some, and they're making new ones. Try to figure out what happened the last time everyone tried to follow patterns with Smash lmao.
we're talking about companies here fam. the only pattern they follow is money and reselling an old costume is absolutely on the table, especially when its a popularly requested character like geno.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
The fact misinfo happened at all undermines the leak's credibility, and thus, as has been stated multiple times, leaks cannot be used for or against a character confirmation. That, and apparently it was the leak that started the whole Erdrick fiasco.
It wasn't the leak that started the whole Erdrick fiasco. That was LeakyPanda (who was wrong about a lot of stuff), and then Tansut (who leaked Cloud and has that very notable point on his record).

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
The Erdrick leak isn’t credible because of the Mementos thing. My bf that isn’t even involved in Smash discussion predicted Mementos.

It was the safest bet and was the least spoilery when it comes to Persona 5’s lore.

Joker looks amazing though. Not gonna lie.

MattX20

Smash Hero
It wasn't the leak that started the whole Erdrick fiasco. That was LeakyPanda (who was wrong about a lot of stuff), and then Tansut (who leaked Cloud and has that very notable point on his record).
Okay, I stand corrected on that point apparently. But the point remains that misinformation got into that leak, and thus, it hurts Erdrick's credibility rather than helps. Good speculation as I've learned means to look over the information supplied and use critical thinking over what said information is. Many of the Erdrick leaks thus far have been debunked.

D

Deleted member

we're talking about companies here fam. the only pattern they follow is money and reselling an old costume is absolutely on the table, especially when its a popularly requested character like geno.
I mean, selling new Mii costumes of popular characters like Rayman and Shantae would also get them a lot of money.

I'm not saying they are or are likely going to be Mii costumes, just using an example to show there's flaw to your logic. And, once again, it's still you trying to find a pattern with Smash no matter how you try to twist it lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Polan

Smash Lord
I mean, selling new Mii costumes of popular characters like Rayman and Shantae would also get them a lot of money.

I'm not saying they are or are likely going to be Mii costumes, just using an example to show there's flaw to your logic. And, once again, it's still you trying to find a pattern with Smash no matter how you try to twist it lol.
i'm just saying that porting geno's mii costume would take little effort and would make nintendo and squeenix money and after rex, its pretty clear mii costumes are still deconfirms. and i don't see how rayman and shantae showing up as mii costumes would invalidate my logic.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

i'm just saying that porting geno's mii costume would take little effort and after rex, its pretty clear mii costumes are still deconfirms. and i don't see how rayman and shantae showing up as mii costumes would invalidate my logic.
What it means is that, yes, it's possible Geno could still show up as a Mii costume, but you're treating it as if it's the only possibility. There are plenty of possibilities of characters who can show up as Mii costumes.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
All I'm saying is, if Geno's costume comes back, it better be with a Mallow costume or I will riot. :mad088:

link2702

Smash Champion
They're reselling some, and they're making new ones. Try to figure out what happened the last time everyone tried to follow patterns with Smash lmao.
Annd...joker himself has also just crushed an old rule sakurai himself had made during brawls life with snake(no realistic guns, yeah technically bayo did as well, but hers were still closer to fantasy than realistic).

What I’m kinda getting at with that...is zack is right, looking for patterns, and even sakurais own statements, in the past are pointless.

This can be taken both ways in genos case, so it neither hurts nor helps him, and so like I said the other night, stop stressing over it and just wait till the se character reveal. You guys are gonna drive yourselves insane otherwise.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Dude, I am SO glad Geno didn't show up in the costume roll lmao. We've still got a horse in this race.

Who's gonna make the first Forrest Maze stage?

FCZHornet

Smash Apprentice
What’s up guys long time no post.

I’m still holding out for our boy, but at least a costume looks like a lock if not!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
The Tails and Knuckles costume are returning ones. I think those are the only other SEGA ones we got in Sm4sh? Do correct me if I'm wrong. If I'm not, it means every 3rd party costume should be coming back with rep packs, which would include Geno's. Tails and Knux are the two returning ones here, with the Square Enix rep's pack including Geno and Chocobo, also two costumes.
What a total waste to have so many Persona costumes yet not a single NiGHTs costume.

C'mon Sega you know you want to.
I AM HYPE AS ****

JOKER HAS A REALISTIC GUN

CONKER IS NOT TOO INAPPROPRIATE
Can I be that guy and say that technically Joker's gun isn't even a real gun?

MattX20

Smash Hero
Well, the good news is that Geno's chances of being a Mii costume again if he isn't playable is practically a lock now so it's unlikely that he'll be a total no-show.View attachment 209293
I'm still convinced Brave isn't Erdrick given the datamined stats and how many of the major Erdrick leaks have been debunked so far. Our hero may still be on the way

D

Deleted member

I'm still convinced Brave isn't Erdrick given the datamined stats and how many of the major Erdrick leaks have been debunked so far. Our hero may still be on the way
Agreed. I'll always be pulling through for our boy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fun thing to mention, Polar Panda's source knew about Joker's reveal today and teased it an hour beforehand in our Discord. He's been teasing about dropping super esoteric hints about the future but, with how frustrated "the crabs" left everyone last time, I'm kind of afraid to ask. E3 is already hard enough to wait for.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Fun thing to mention, Polar Panda's source knew about Joker's reveal today and teased it an hour beforehand in our Discord. He's been teasing about dropping super esoteric hints about future but, with how frustrated "the crabs" left everyone last time, I'm kind of afraid to ask. E3 is already hard enough to wait for.
Let's just hope there are some hints towards our star bound boy when that time comes.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Fun thing to mention, Polar Panda's source knew about Joker's reveal today and teased it an hour beforehand in our Discord. He's been teasing about dropping super esoteric hints about future but, with how frustrated "the crabs" left everyone last time, I'm kind of afraid to ask. E3 is already hard enough to wait for.
Pardon me if I sound rude but, didn’t someone confirm Home Run Contest? Or am I confusing that for something else.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I had this whole big post in the works to respond to all the comments I missed, but I ended up having to babysit and study and help with dinner and by the time that was all done I forgot abotu my post and now Joker got revealed. I'll leave the part to Firox and jsut let EricTheGamerman EricTheGamerman know that essentially I agree with.

First off, I obviously never used ad hominems, so I'm glad you could gather that much.

Secondly, I really don't care what you think of my tone, but seriously who are you to judge? I feel like your tone is negative towards anyone who disagrees with you. Doesn't make my point any less valid.

Thirdly, yes, as I stated with your own quote, you were being blatantly hypocritical. You criticize ppl for their beliefs on the premise that they act out of what they "think and feel", however, without any concrete evidence to back your claims, you are no better in any way shape or form. Hence, the hypocrite.

Lastly, no, it doesn't upset me in the least that we agree as to Geno's potential chances. The point flew right over your head. I'm not saying that people should abandon hope for Geno, however inflating expectations without evidence puts you right up there with the Grinch leakers. lol You think you're coming to the rescue and saving all the poor downcast Geno fans? Please get over yourself and stop confusing realism with cynicism. Provide something more tactile than your own opinion (or a 3rd hand opinion of a random contact that we can't trust) and I'd be glad to stoke the hype train's engine. I'd dump in the coal like you wouldn't believe, but only AFTER we have more to work with than speculation. Until then, all you have is blind optimism. It's nice to have, but not everybody needs you to force it on them.
1. Sweet, we both have general intelligence when it comes to discussion. Nice.
2. I really don't have a problem with people disagreeing with me, in fact I believe it furthers thought something I've become more and more accustom to recently. If it feels like I'm negative against differing opinions...I mean, barring obviously being on the other end of the argument...if I seem too harsh it's likely a result of trying to debate with people who refuse to have any substance to their own argument and they think mocking you is worthy enough combined with me just being really strong behind my opinions. I don't see myself as being overwhelming, but that doesn't mean that I'm not, and I do come from a line of very intense men. I'd rather be 100% behind what I'm saying than offering a wishy-washy statement though.
3. I never once intended to force someone to think differently entirely, merely to look at the other-side and gain some much-needed optimism from there. In this case, it's the doom and gloom around Geno's chances, and rather than just let people wallow and the thread become full of negativity, I encourage people to look at the side of 'Geno is likely' and provide things that show that, factually, Geno has never received as much attention as he has in the past couple years. If you choose to still think that he isn't likely, that's fine, as I have nothing that proves he is...but hopefully it's at least cheered you up that Nintendo has mentioned him a lot in spite of his circumstances. This is why I disagree with you saying I'm hypocritical, however I didn't really phrase it that well originally, so I will give you that. My apologies for not being more clear on my intentions.
4. I'm not really here to falsely inflate his chances: I'm here to bring back realism to the chances of characters who potentially jeopardize his chances, with Dragon Quest III's protagonist being the one that keeps creeping up. Sure, I have no information or evidence the PROVES anyone is getting in or not, but neither does anyone else for any character...yet 'Erdrick fans' (hopefully the quotes are understood, so not people like Teeb147 Teeb147 but people like the ones in PapaGeno's and PolarPanda PolarPanda 's Dcord who will fight you to the end and mock your character wishes if it's not DQ3 Protag) keep acting as if we should move on to the third Challenger Pack at this point despite nothing concrete being shown in the slightest. Most of the negativity here comes from encountering this drivel and then forgetting what Geno has in that same column as the rest of the characters in terms of 'Oh hey, this COULD mean this character is in' when we line up the pros and cons. I hope that's better understood: I'm very optimistic of Geno's chances, but I understand why people may not be, but as long as they look forward to the future with a bit more happiness instead of being dreary they whole time I really don't care about their opinion on his chances. I'm just sick of the depression that constantly pops up that I can feel oozing from my monitor buttons.

So this whole time I've never been down about Geno's chances, but I have to say that the return of the of the Tails and Knuckles Mii costumes has knocked me down a bit. This was all good stuff overall, but if they can simply bring over Mii Costumes rather than doing the characters, I think Geno can easily be seen as a returning costume over picking Sora or Noctis or Slime. Two things to keep in mind though:

1. They are all tied to the same company, in this case Sega. If a Square rep shows up that isn't Geno, you can count on that Mii Costume coming back and I would honestly say no one else.

2. On the less downer side, Akira and Jackie's Mii costumes didn't return. Sure, Akira is an AT now, but Knuckles is an AT now too and Jackie's is just not coming back. However, the only Square outfits I recall are the Chocobo hat and Geno, so it's likely Nintendo had more to choose from for Sega.

Man, it's funny how something so hype can bring a bit of glum along with it.

However, I'm very much expecting Banjo and Sora now. E3 is gonna be HUUGE.

The memes of the Witch stages being a hint at Gruntilda and thus B&K and someone saying that the intro for Sora is that Joker beats up a bunch of people and Sora's voice from offscreen says 'So you're the one who's been stealing all those hearts!' are both badass and I'm looking forward to the future regardless.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Pardon me if I sound rude but, didn’t someone confirm Home Run Contest? Or am I confusing that for something else.
Like Good Grief said, it was datamined earlier this month so it may be planned for Character Pack 2. I doubt it will still be in the data tomorrow because Nintendo seems to be trying to be extra cautious since the big leak back in January.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
What a total waste to have so many Persona costumes yet not a single NiGHTs costume.

C'mon Sega you know you want to.

Can I be that guy and say that technically Joker's gun isn't even a real gun?
You can, but I don't think it would affect anything since regardless of what explanation they use, it still looks and functions like a real gun, and if it made it into Smash, that means Conker's guns can get in too!

D

Deleted member

What have y'all just been doing regarding speculation?

I've kinda distanced myself from it for a bit, and I don't post nearly as frequently as I previously did.

If my boys are confirmed though then I will spam the hell out of the site

MattX20

Smash Hero

I've kinda distanced myself from it for a bit, and I don't post nearly as frequently as I previously did.

Not a whole lot. Mostly just keeping my eyes open for some hints toward Geno since so many damn people are convinced Erdrick is a lock or guarenteed despite the fact that the evidence like the datamined stats being inconsistent with the character description and many of the leaks supporting Erdrick have been proven false.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

I've been waiting for Joker gameplay to be shown for the new reveal that would surely follow.

So you can see why I'm at quite the conundrum right now.

link2702

Smash Champion
I am more curious about what changes characters are gonna receive this patch.

I feel like it’s inevitable that we’ll see some nerfs to peach/daisy, pichu and pika, and possibly snake(idk why I just got a feeling he’s gonna get hit by the nerf hammer), as well as maybe to palutena and the belmonts. I’ve mentioned in the past, but I’ll say again, I’m more in favor in buffing characters than nerfing, and I don’t really care to see anyone get nerfed yet, I’m just speculating as to who might get them based on who i see the most complaints about.

unfortunately i am afraid they might nerf ganon since so many players who don’t pay attention still smacked by his smashes even when they were in a situation to easily avoid them, I hope they don’t but i got this nagging feeling they’ll give in to complaints by players who don’t know how to deal with ganondorfs glaring disadvantages.

I hope the sf cast gets buffed a bit, especially poor ryu, he’s in desperate need of something.

But imo the one who probably needs the biggest buffs atm...

Marth. Like...what did they do to the poor guy? Everyone freaked out about the bayo nerf in ultimate, but damn marth got really screwed, he lost his excellent jab from the past, while still having the butter knife sword he got in brawl. But least in 4 and brawl with their slower pace, jab cancels and overall physics, he wasn’t too hurt by having the toothpick and not the sword. But now...now I feel he needs his melee blade range back. I don’t think that is too extreme given what we have now in ultimate with other characters, the extra range would help just enough imo without being op.

Anyway, yeah my point is I’d rather see some of the cast get buffs, but I just have a nagging feeling those I mentioned earlier will be getting the nerf hammer...

/rambling back to smrpg and geno.

Firox

Smash Master
I had this whole big post in the works to respond to all the comments I missed, but I ended up having to babysit and study and help with dinner and by the time that was all done I forgot abotu my post and now Joker got revealed. I'll leave the part to Firox and jsut let EricTheGamerman EricTheGamerman know that essentially I agree with.

1. Sweet, we both have general intelligence when it comes to discussion. Nice.
2. I really don't have a problem with people disagreeing with me, in fact I believe it furthers thought something I've become more and more accustom to recently. If it feels like I'm negative against differing opinions...I mean, barring obviously being on the other end of the argument...if I seem too harsh it's likely a result of trying to debate with people who refuse to have any substance to their own argument and they think mocking you is worthy enough combined with me just being really strong behind my opinions. I don't see myself as being overwhelming, but that doesn't mean that I'm not, and I do come from a line of very intense men. I'd rather be 100% behind what I'm saying than offering a wishy-washy statement though.
3. I never once intended to force someone to think differently entirely, merely to look at the other-side and gain some much-needed optimism from there. In this case, it's the doom and gloom around Geno's chances, and rather than just let people wallow and the thread become full of negativity, I encourage people to look at the side of 'Geno is likely' and provide things that show that, factually, Geno has never received as much attention as he has in the past couple years. If you choose to still think that he isn't likely, that's fine, as I have nothing that proves he is...but hopefully it's at least cheered you up that Nintendo has mentioned him a lot in spite of his circumstances. This is why I disagree with you saying I'm hypocritical, however I didn't really phrase it that well originally, so I will give you that. My apologies for not being more clear on my intentions.
4. I'm not really here to falsely inflate his chances: I'm here to bring back realism to the chances of characters who potentially jeopardize his chances, with Dragon Quest III's protagonist being the one that keeps creeping up. Sure, I have no information or evidence the PROVES anyone is getting in or not, but neither does anyone else for any character...yet 'Erdrick fans' (hopefully the quotes are understood, so not people like Teeb147 Teeb147 but people like the ones in PapaGeno's and PolarPanda PolarPanda 's Dcord who will fight you to the end and mock your character wishes if it's not DQ3 Protag) keep acting as if we should move on to the third Challenger Pack at this point despite nothing concrete being shown in the slightest. Most of the negativity here comes from encountering this drivel and then forgetting what Geno has in that same column as the rest of the characters in terms of 'Oh hey, this COULD mean this character is in' when we line up the pros and cons. I hope that's better understood: I'm very optimistic of Geno's chances, but I understand why people may not be, but as long as they look forward to the future with a bit more happiness instead of being dreary they whole time I really don't care about their opinion on his chances. I'm just sick of the depression that constantly pops up that I can feel oozing from my monitor buttons.

So this whole time I've never been down about Geno's chances, but I have to say that the return of the of the Tails and Knuckles Mii costumes has knocked me down a bit. This was all good stuff overall, but if they can simply bring over Mii Costumes rather than doing the characters, I think Geno can easily be seen as a returning costume over picking Sora or Noctis or Slime. Two things to keep in mind though:

1. They are all tied to the same company, in this case Sega. If a Square rep shows up that isn't Geno, you can count on that Mii Costume coming back and I would honestly say no one else.

2. On the less downer side, Akira and Jackie's Mii costumes didn't return. Sure, Akira is an AT now, but Knuckles is an AT now too and Jackie's is just not coming back. However, the only Square outfits I recall are the Chocobo hat and Geno, so it's likely Nintendo had more to choose from for Sega.

Man, it's funny how something so hype can bring a bit of glum along with it.

However, I'm very much expecting Banjo and Sora now. E3 is gonna be HUUGE.

The memes of the Witch stages being a hint at Gruntilda and thus B&K and someone saying that the intro for Sora is that Joker beats up a bunch of people and Sora's voice from offscreen says 'So you're the one who's been stealing all those hearts!' are both badass and I'm looking forward to the future regardless.
Yeah, let's just bury the hatchet and get drunk on Joker news!!! OMFG! The map maker looks sicker than I ever thought possible! I though it would be same old same old but holy feck I can't wait to go to town! And did you guys see the gameplay for Joker?! Instantly high tier, I'm telling you right now. His recovery looks absolutely sick and his moveset looks like a sexy fusion of Cloud and Bayonetta with a Greninja Up air mixed in. His stage is kinda meh to me though with that slope in the middle. That's gonna kill it for my more projectile based characters. The music is pretty orgasmic though. And I totally called it with his final smash being "All out attack". The victory screen was a nice tough too. The biggest downer of the whole thing though was that they didn't reveal the next DLC character. Yay for several more months of info drought, plus Nintendo done fecked themselves out of selling me on the mystery box of fighters. I'll buy Joker for sure, but no way I'm popping for something I don't know. Here's to hopin' though.

PS The mii costumes also screwed my hopes for Tails and Knuckles. I kinda figured they weren't gonna make it but dang....

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
You can, but I don't think it would affect anything since regardless of what explanation they use, it still looks and functions like a real gun, and if it made it into Smash, that means Conker's guns can get in too!
As much as I hate to do anything that might kill the vibe you're having with Conker (And I definitely think Joker's well everything pushes the limits of characters all that much further and gives more M-rated characters a better chance), I don't think the gun issue was THE specific something that was going to hold Conker back. I think it was, well... Conker lol. Replicating that personality and the Bad Fur Day game in a more friendly setting is still going to be quite a challenge haha.

But again, I definitely think Joker pushes the boundaries further, so that's only good news for a lot of characters.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord

Overall just trying to be glass half-full in regards to Geno's chances and also being very hopeful for Banjo. I don't really have strong feelings about what other potential characters could be so it's refreshing anything not SE/Microsoft related.

Firox

Smash Master
As much as I hate to do anything that might kill the vibe you're having with Conker (And I definitely think Joker's well everything pushes the limits of characters all that much further and gives more M-rated characters a better chance), I don't think the gun issue was THE specific something that was going to hold Conker back. I think it was, well... Conker lol. Replicating that personality and the Bad Fur Day game in a more friendly setting is still going to be quite a challenge haha.

But again, I definitely think Joker pushes the boundaries further, so that's only good news for a lot of characters.
Speaking of pushing boundaries, I do think it's funny how Nintendo tried to dial back Joker a little with the "All out attack" animation. In Persona 5, you see blood spraying out from the silhouettes in the background, but in smash you see stars spraying out instead. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom