• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I... Honestly will take the mentality you proposed at your last sentence.

We need to have a playable Joker + enough time to decide how good he is.

Because...

Remember when people thought :ultbayonetta: would be broken again because she laddered a Melee player on Greens Greens , and that the Melee player was playing :ultridley:?

Remember when people thought :ultsimon::ultrichter: could be nothing but amazing with their range and projectiles ?

Remember when people thought :ultgreninja: :ultlucas:and :ultwario: would be garbage because footstools combos weren't a thing anymore ?

Remember when people thought :ultlittlemac: would be amazing after learning the changes in Ultimate and testing him at the E3 demo ?

REMEMBER WHEN PEOPLE THOUGHT :ultpichu: WAS JUST GOING TO BE A JOKE AND MEME CHARACTER???

I'm not going to think a character is good or horribly bad based on so little gameplay footage and theory crafting.

I'm not saying you're dumb or anything , but these experiences teached me that we need the real deal before thinking about a character viability.
Of course, that's always how it should be.
It's just my early look that makes me think he's good. We gotta see it through and play.

Also, 900 pages ;)

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
Ok, penny for your thoughts, guys. I did the math on the fighter pass and hit a conundrum. The pass is $25 while the individual packs go for $6 each. That means that to buy them all individually would be $30. Now, say Nintendo releases the next pack and it completely turns me off (I doubt it would but bear with me). If I don't buy it, it'll only save me $1. They would have to drop at least two duds for it to make fiscal sense not to just buy the pass. Then again, buying the pass without any clue as to what else is in it could have me inadvertently supporting potentially garbage picks. Granted, Joker's pack is absolute gold so it's highly unlikely that any of the remaining ones will be complete duds, but there is always a chance. I honestly don't think $5 bucks is as big a deal as the principle of buying something without knowing what's in it. If they end up releasing Erdrick, or say another FE character (insert eye roll), and they turn out to be pretty generic sword fighters, then I'd be sending a message to Nintendo that I'm cool with relatively unimaginative picks. I'd be using my wallet to vote in an election without even seeing the ballot. Any opinions?

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Ok, penny for your thoughts, guys. I did the math on the fighter pass and hit a conundrum. The pass is $25 while the individual packs go for $6 each. That means that to buy them all individually would be $30. Now, say Nintendo releases the next pack and it completely turns me off (I doubt it would but bear with me). If I don't buy it, it'll only save me $1. They would have to drop at least two duds for it to make fiscal sense not to just buy the pass. Then again, buying the pass without any clue as to what else is in it could have me inadvertently supporting potentially garbage picks. Granted, Joker's pack is absolute gold so it's highly unlikely that any of the remaining ones will be complete duds, but there is always a chance. I honestly don't think $5 bucks is as big a deal as the principle of buying something without knowing what's in it. If they end up releasing Erdrick, or say another FE character (insert eye roll), and they turn out to be pretty generic sword fighters, then I'd be sending a message to Nintendo that I'm cool with relatively unimaginative picks. I'd be using my wallet to vote in an election without even seeing the ballot. Any opinions?
Never buy unkown content.
Saving up 5 little dollars isn't worth it.

So yeah I fully understand your point of view.

Also , spending 5 dollars every 2/3 months is a smaller investement than spending 25 dollars in a month. (considering you only have to spend 5 dollars 5 time)

But it would be nice if the Rex costume could see an individual release , I want it.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
That's exactly why I didn't buy the pass. It's ultimately not worth the 'value'. If one character is someone you don't want, you're spending the same amount you would for the characters you'd want while getting the extra dud for free. If two of them are duds, you're officially losing money. I just don't see the point unless you want a complete roster + have insane optimism about the pass, the latter of which I just can't fathom myself.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Cut out the Fast Travel parts of Mario RPG and make the overworld sections of the game feel more like a 3D World. Go for that Mario feel again.

Provide more side quests with even more characters. Like do a Side Quest for the likes of Gaz, Dyna or the Chancellor. Mario RPG had great content but it can easily have a ton of extra things to do added on top of it.

Firox

Smash Master
Thanks, guys. I feel a lot better about sticking to my guns now. As Robin would say, "You've tipped the scales!"

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
So I haven't really seen anyone here bring it up and I'm not sure if it was something that was debunked in the last month or so because I've been busy outside of Smash stuff, but it seems like Joker isn't getting a female alt, right? Wasn't that a thing people were discussing/speculating for awhile?

also whoop whoop 900 pages !!!

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
So I haven't really seen anyone here bring it up and I'm not sure if it was something that was debunked in the last month or so because I've been busy outside of Smash stuff, but it seems like Joker isn't getting a female alt, right? Wasn't that a thing people were discussing/speculating for awhile?

also whoop whoop 900 pages !!!
Nope, no female alt at all. The ponytail thing may be referring to the strands of hair on Arsene or Ann's pigtails in the all-out attack.

D

Deleted member

I think it'd be cool if each character had their own FP in an SMRPG remake. In SMRPG, they all share the same FP, with a limit of 99. I'd like the idea of increasing the FP limit, and giving each character their own FP.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
What have y'all just been doing regarding speculation?

I've kinda distanced myself from it for a bit, and I don't post nearly as frequently as I previously did.

If my boys are confirmed though then I will spam the hell out of the site
I stopped visiting speculation threads due to all the damn bellyaching but this place seems fairly free of that

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
I think it'd be cool if each character had their own FP in an SMRPG remake. In SMRPG, they all share the same FP, with a limit of 99. I'd like the idea of increasing the FP limit, and giving each character their own FP.
I disagree about making each character have their own FP ;

SMRPG is a RPG for beginners , FP was handled this way so it was easier to manage this aspect of the game for newcomers.
Also Bowser's magic is horrible so he don't need to use FP , but that's another topic lol

D

Deleted member

I disagree about making each character have their own FP ;

SMRPG is a RPG for beginners , FP was handled this way so it was easier to manage this aspect of the game for newcomers.
Also Bowser's magic is horrible so he don't need to use FP , but that's another topic lol
Well, true, but I think the original game has done a good enough job of that, and I think it could crank up the difficulty for a remake.

Speaking of Bowser's FP, I think they should buff them for an SMRPG remake lol

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I stopped visiting speculation threads due to all the damn bellyaching but this place seems fairly free of that
We've had a bit of that, frankly, but I think things have become a lot more chill as stuff has become more clear. I personally am a lot more chill now that I feel Geno's definitely out for this pass, but I'm keeping my optimism because of the amount of love he's been getting otherwise. If he isn't playable, his Mii costume returning is all but a lock at this point. He has a legendary spirit with an awesome spirit fight. NoA keeps acknowledging him. Even NoJ is giving him small nods (that Switch update featuring two Bowsers vs. four characters with four Geno spirits, and even further back, the SMK segment). SE released Memoria in... I think it was 2017, too? It's the first SE musical album to feature SMRPG music outside of SMRPG's actual OST. Yoko's done independent stuff with SMRPG, but this is the first time Geno's gotten attention from Square themselves.

He's getting loved again, even if not as much as we've been hoping. I'm grateful for that.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Nope, no female alt at all. The ponytail thing may be referring to the strands of hair on Arsene or Ann's pigtails in the all-out attack.
No because of how models would be structured in the maya files.
It's possible jane was scrapped or there's still some surprise at some point.

In any case it doesnt look good for her right now. which sucks, but what can you do. still persona news at the end of the month, so let's see if something pops up.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
apparently the file extension for the Jane file/code is for hair, so it very well could be Arsene or whoever if not a scrapped female alt.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
I think it'd be cool to add a monster material drop/weapons and armor crafting mechanic to SMRPG remake. You know, like harvesting a dragon to give Geno a set of flamethrowers. Yum...

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
This would be a great change. I could rarely justify using spells with Geno/Mario because they didn't need them to be good, whereas characters like Mallow and Peach solely relied on their spells to be good so you didn't want to waste FP on characters who didn't need it. Even though Bowser has godawful magic I still would have liked the option to use them for fun every now and again without bringing the team down

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Oh cool, 900 pages. At this rate, we'll be in the four digits before we know it.

Also, anyone else noticing how rapidly we're catching up to the Isaac thread? It's only a matter of time until we pass them and become the biggest support thread!

lemon demon

Smash Cadet
well if all else fails we can still get geno and mallow in mario super sluggers right
also yeehaw 900 pages

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Oh cool, 900 pages. At this rate, we'll be in the four digits before we know it.

Also, anyone else noticing how rapidly we're catching up to the Isaac thread? It's only a matter of time until we pass them and become the biggest support thread!
I am actually making something that will document the growth of the top threads in replies. Haven't gotten to Geno or Isaac yet, but perhaps I can share it once its done.

It won't be too long now.

D

Deleted member

I have the best idea for an SMRPG remake of all...

increase Geno's Geno whirl max damage to...

D

Deleted member

use it and the ending cutscenes play. you've already won
Geno: "I must go back to the other stars in the sky. I must practice my Geno whirl to be even faster and stronger than the last time."
Mario, Mallow, and Peach in unison: "B-but Geno! Your Geno whirl is strong enough as is!"
Geno: "I know. But I must power it up to defeat our next enemy..."
Bowser: "SHUDDAP WITH ALL THIS NONSENSE AND UNNECESSARY EMOTION!!!"

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, one of things I would really look forward to if Geno is revealed is all of the fan made stuff that would be made. To see so much new work for the character and revitalization would be amazing to work. Just look at some of the stuff that has been made for Joker!
Great, now I really want to see Geno in the P5 style. Someday.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
You know, one of things I would really look forward to if Geno is revealed is all of the fan made stuff that would be made. To see so much new work for the character and revitalization would be amazing to work. Just look at some of the stuff that has been made for Joker!
That is literally all I want to be honest. I just want my boy to get more love, both by his creators and by the fans.

Geno in P5 style, though... Hmmm...

D

Deleted member

Ninten, Geno, Ness, and Lucas in P5 style PLEASE

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Geno: "I must go back to the other stars in the sky. I must practice my Geno whirl to be even faster and stronger than the last time."
Mario, Mallow, and Peach in unison: "B-but Geno! Your Geno whirl is strong enough as is!"
Geno: "I know. But I must power it up to defeat our next enemy..."
Bowser: "SHUDDAP WITH ALL THIS NONSENSE AND UNNECESSARY EMOTION!!!"
This made me remember this little comic dub lol

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I'm not buying for that exact reason. I'm a firm believer in vote with your wallet, so if by principle you don't want to buy a FE character, you shouldn't. Wait until you feel safe.
This is ****ing awesome.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
This is ****ing awesome.
I would try to make it my icon if my current icon was not contractually obliged by a bet and wasn't iconic to me at this point. Would love to see stuff like this for Geno and other DLC characters.

Also Lucina x Joker is best Smash Joker ship.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yeah, haven't bought the Fighter's Pass either. Granted, I'll probably get them all anyways but pre-ordering something more than a year off is kind of a racket. Plus, it's only an extra five dollars which even at my dead end job is like 20 minutes of work so who cares?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Yeah, haven't bought the Fighter's Pass either. Granted, I'll probably get them all anyways but pre-ordering something more than a year off is kind of a racket. Plus, it's only an extra five dollars which even at my dead end job is like 20 minutes of work so who cares?
I got it right away because it would be awkward to have friends over and not have the full selection.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
This is exactly how I feel. Even if I end up purchasing all the fighters I'm fine with not having bought the whole pass out of principle. Asking people to spend money on a season pass when they don't actually know what they're getting without any sort of hints is one of my least favorite practices when it comes to the games industry.

Firox

Smash Master
I got it right away because it would be awkward to have friends over and not have the full selection.
Heh, any of my friends that liked Roy during Smash 4 were SOL at my place. I wasn't too hyped at the idea of a Marth semi-clone while my boy Wolf was left out to dry. I bought all the other DLC, including Corrin who I thought was awesome and original, but if Tendo thought they could ram that much FE down my throat, they had another thing coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom