• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Beta footage of SM64 and SMRPG, holy moly.

Just when you think that we've squeezed as much beta content from those games (especially the former) as we possibly can, more stuff is unearthed. That is BANANAS.
Wow, this is crazy. A lot of what we got was the same, sure, but the most definitely fleshed out the world with fun and quirky characters and just the fact that Croco was originally a lot like K. Rool in design and that Bowser seems to have more to do in the story perhaps is pretty crazy.

Man, and people wonder why we love this game and it's characters so much. It's because everything was FUN and GOOD, concepts often lost on the new generation of gamers.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Wow, this is crazy. A lot of what we got was the same, sure, but the most definitely fleshed out the world with fun and quirky characters and just the fact that Croco was originally a lot like K. Rool in design and that Bowser seems to have more to do in the story perhaps is pretty crazy.

Man, and people wonder why we love this game and it's characters so much. It's because everything was FUN and GOOD, concepts often lost on the new generation of gamers.
I love how one of the hosts outright said Donkey Kong Country and not Super Donkey Kong, as one would expect. That game's an important influence on SMRPG for sure.

BTW, plot twist, it appears that Gaming Intel piggybacked on a Twitter leak from last month.

I mean, Mini-Directs are a thing, but the leak that Gaming Intel allegedly copied the homework of suggests it would have Mario Maker 2 as a major focus...
And yes, Polar noticed it.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I love how one of the hosts outright said Donkey Kong Country and not Super Donkey Kong, as one would expect. That game's an important influence on SMRPG for sure.

BTW, plot twist, it appears that Gaming Intel piggybacked on a Twitter leak from last month.

And yes, Polar noticed it.
That's very, very interesting. It looks like we're getting a general Direct rather than a Smash one, which would largely implicate that all we're getting for Smash is Joker's stuff and the new modes. They could always throw us curve balls, but it does make me wonder if we really aren't getting our next character reveals until E3.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That's very, very interesting. It looks like we're getting a general Direct rather than a Smash one, which would largely implicate that all we're getting for Smash is Joker's stuff and the new modes. They could always throw us curve balls, but it does make me wonder if we really aren't getting our next character reveals until E3.
I could expect a small tease at the end, not unlike :ultisabelle:, or more accurately :ultmewtwo:.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
If it's tied to a game reveal I'd say it's decently likely.

BZocky

Smash Ace
Imagine dropping SMRPG2/Remake with Geno in Smash.
just earlier I was thinking about Geno and the possibility of such a game. With Mario & Rabbids/Xbox games on Switch, a Squenix RPG collab is far into the realm of possibility and would make for an awesome E3 reveal.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I don't really see the point of another general Direct when basically everything from February hasn't actually come out now. Yoshi's Crafted World and a couple of the more specific individual indie games have come out. But I don't really see what Nintendo can do now in April other than go over more of what they've already shown. Super Mario Maker 2, Link's Awakening, Astral Chain, Dragon Quest 11, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, and Pokemon Sword and Shield have all been talked about fairly recently and are still pretty far away. There's other stuff that they've talked about in the past such as Luigi's Mansion 3 and Town that they could expand upon, but I also think they need to have something at E3 to talk about besides just continually updating stuff they've talked about recently.

Unless, there's a truckload of third party ports coming, I really don't see the point in another general Direct. I mean they've already teased the 3.0 update as something big and lord knows that Sakurai can talk about the minutia of content for ages anyway, so I'm still leaning towards a Smash specific Direct personally. Reveal Joker properly and all of his moves, his stage, and all the Persona content for a good 6 minutes alone, then move on to the new modes for a while, probably reveal something like the return of buyable Mii costumes, and then end on the next newcomer's trailer. I could easily see a good 15-20 minute long Direct based around all of that, especially if there's another surprise somewhere in store for us regarding Smash like another DLC stage, echo, or even another mode.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Damn... I'm trying to keep my expectations low , but with all of what happen recently... It's so confusing to me.

Well , one thing is obvious , no Nintendo direct for April. They don't have anything else to show , except if there is a MASSIVE ammount of 3rd party games , like EricTheGamerman said.

So a smash direct this month? Joker is a lock , there's high chances for new modes ...Maybe mii costumes... But for some reasons I don't expect any teasing for Brave.
I really hope it's Banjo and Kazooie , not for me , but for a friend. I don't want to see his heart get shattered like mine got with the november direct.

Damn I wish I was more optimistic sometimes...

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I can see them announcing Metroid Prime Trilogy and Pikmin 3 ports in a Direct, alongside more info on Pokemon , Super Mario Maker 2, Luigi's Mansion 3, Animal Crossing, and maybe Link's Awakening.

For E3, maybe some new titles, ports, maybe info on the games I just mentioned if they don't want to put them in a normal Direct, and Banjo-Kazooie ftw.

of course we could just get a Smash Direct, I dunno.

edit: forgot that they could also show off an SNES Online or just SNES game ports if Best Buy's game listing for A Link to the Past on Switch wasn't just an employee adding random stuff.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Damn... I'm trying to keep my expectations low , but with all of what happen recently... It's so confusing to me.

Well , one thing is obvious , no Nintendo direct for April. They don't have anything else to show , except if there is a MASSIVE ammount of 3rd party games , like EricTheGamerman said.

So a smash direct this month? Joker is a lock , there's high chances for new modes ...Maybe mii costumes... But for some reasons I don't expect any teasing for Brave.
I really hope it's Banjo and Kazooie , not for me , but for a friend. I don't want to see his heart get shattered like mine got with the november direct.

Damn I wish I was more optimistic sometimes...
I think Banjo is a very likely candidate to be sure, but I don't think Banjo is Brave. The stats indicated a heavy reliance on zoning attacks, where as Banjo is a mixed attacker.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Now, would he be Speedy, Technical, Tricky, All-Around, or Defensive? (Powerful is clearly out of the question)
I'd say Mallow would be technical and Geno would be speedy.

Tricky are for flying/floating characters, and if Geno were to float, I'd put Geno as a tricky character.
Geno walks on his feet, and he IS fast, so he's a speedy for you.
Blackbeard: An era when Smash comes to a end? YEAH RIGHT!!! ZEHAHAHA!!! SMASH WILL NEVER COME TO A END!!! ZEHAHAHA!!!

Yeah, Smash is too big of a cash cow for Nintendo to ever let go.
Smash will enter a new era once Sakurai retires or steps down from director. ;)
More like the late 2020s or early 2030s lol!
Yeah, it's definitely looking like the late 2020s. lol

Good Blackbeard speech, and yes, the Sky Island DOES exist! ...In the world of Subspace Emissary! Zehahahahaha!

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I'd say Mallow would be technical and Geno would be speedy.

Tricky are for flying/floating characters, and if Geno were to float, I'd put Geno as a tricky character.
Geno walks on his feet, and he IS fast, so he's a speedy for you.
I'd agree with that, but given cosmic entities are seen as floaty/floating characters in Mario lore nowadays, I could actually see Geno doing a small amount of floating. It wouldn't be all the time like, say, Rosalina, but partially, I could see it.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
I think Banjo is a very likely candidate to be sure, but I don't think Banjo is Brave. The stats indicated a heavy reliance on zoning attacks, where as Banjo is a mixed attacker.
Yeah but frick it , I don't know at this point. It's just for my friend that I hope it's them , because he REALLY want them.

Also , Brave stats show that we could get a small zoner ... You know , this make me think of certain someone from the Mario universe in blue...
YUP , KAMEK. I'm sorry please forgive me

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
Yeah, okay, I'm in Sabi's server, too, and the amount of mockery thrown at MattX20 MattX20 was ridiculous, not to mention the amount of taunting over, "Haha, Geno's dead!" That is... absolutely vicious and I can't fathom why anyone would think this is okay. There's such a stark difference between, "Yeah, he's probably not in, better luck next time," and, "HAHA HE'S DEAD LOL NEVER EVER!"

This is the kind of **** I get to see every day. This is the kind of stuff people heckle me for all the time, even though I think Geno's chances are shot. Even when I try to be rational, it's still met with mockery and being poked fun at because I like a certain video game character.

Bull. ****.

Stop doing that. You might think it's heeee-larious, but it just makes you look ****ing stupid. I'm wary of any Erdrick fans solely because of this. The ones on Smashboards, for the most part, are very chill and wonderful people, but outside of here, I always feel like I have to walk on eggshells. Erdrick is fine. His good fans are fine. The landscape out there, however, is so rough... because I have a positive opinion of a video game character?

If this is the kind of crap you pull, just... leave. You do nothing positive for the Smash community and only make it worse. People wonder why Geno's fans get so uppity sometimes, and I'm like... HMMM. Sure, some of them shouldn't be and are the bad apples of the fandom, but I can't even blame people for being on-edge because so much as breathing a syllable of his name is enough to get **** flung at you.

I'm done. I am SO done. This fandom is the literal worst, a nuclear cesspool. I'm. So. Through. My mental state is already terrible and the fact that people get hounded down just for LIKING A CHARACTER

just

done. Just so done.

EDIT: Also, apparently, PolarPanda PolarPanda has gone on record to state in the Discord that she thinks Geno's probably dead, but she doesn't know for sure. So, basically, not only do I feel his chances are as poor as can be, but I also can't even enjoy the character with other people without getting torn a new one?

Great. Smash fandom sure is a lovely place.
My server has over 700 users RN and a lot come from various other servers. I don't really participate in character debates no care much who does or doesn't get in. I'm well aware that there is an abrasive group of Erdrick supporters, and also Steve supporters. But that's not the majority of users. Pretty much every character suggestion is mocked at this point. Look at the Shantae community. I wouldn't let it get to you too much. Now, if you're being harassed on a personal level, contact me ASAP. I apologize on behalf of those who have bugged you, though.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
My server has over 700 users RN and a lot come from various other servers. I don't really participate in character debates no care much who does or doesn't get in. I'm well aware that there is an abrasive group of Erdrick supporters, and also Steve supporters. But that's not the majority of users. Pretty much every character suggestion is mocked at this point. Look at the Shantae community. I wouldn't let it get to you too much. Now, if you're being harassed on a personal level, contact me ASAP. I apologize on behalf of those who have bugged you, though.
Hey, it's alright. There is only so much you can do, and I don't blame you or your mods by any means. It was really just a moment of frustration is all. I personally had to leave because it just... wasn't a healthy environment for me, even as a lurker, but it doesn't mean everyone in there is bad.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Hey, it's alright. There is only so much you can do, and I don't blame you or your mods by any means. It was really just a moment of frustration is all. I personally had to leave because it just... wasn't a healthy environment for me, even as a lurker, but it doesn't mean everyone in there is bad.
Yeah, it's just that there's several people that take leaks as gospel and refuse to use critical thinking. :179:

It can be difficult to know who's open-minded for such matters, so that makes the environments you find that are like that all the more welcome.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I can see them announcing Metroid Prime Trilogy and Pikmin 3 ports in a Direct, alongside more info on Pokemon , Super Mario Maker 2, Luigi's Mansion 3, Animal Crossing, and maybe Link's Awakening.

For E3, maybe some new titles, ports, maybe info on the games I just mentioned if they don't want to put them in a normal Direct, and Banjo-Kazooie ftw.

of course we could just get a Smash Direct, I dunno.

edit: forgot that they could also show off an SNES Online or just SNES game ports if Best Buy's game listing for A Link to the Past on Switch wasn't just an employee adding random stuff.
If you do that in an April Direct you’ve effectively crippled your E3 Direct and again, unless some of those things are coming out in the next two months, there’s really no reason to do it now. And the late 2019 lineup is already looking a bit crowded as is. I don’t imagine Nintendo has that many studios ready with their next project. And I’d rather that they be taking time on some of those potential projects rather than rushing them out.

E3 may be on the decline, especially with Sony already bowing out, but they still can’t go in with nothing but updates on existing announcements. And Smash, no matter the character, can’t be THE big announcement this time around ether. Animal Crossing seems to be their big unknown right now, and it makes the most sense to see it as the big E3 reveal.

I don’t know, I just don’t see the point of another General Direct and I’d also go as far as to call it a dumb move. We just had a big Nintendo Direct in February that laid out a lot of plans, a Pokemon Direct if it’s own to announce Sword and Shield, and then another big Indie Direct that brought Cuphead. They’ve covered so much else in the past couple of months already, Smash really is the only notable and immediate announcement to deal with I would think.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
If you do that in an April Direct you’ve effectively crippled your E3 Direct and again, unless some of those things are coming out in the next two months, there’s really no reason to do it now. And the late 2019 lineup is already looking a bit crowded as is. I don’t imagine Nintendo has that many studios ready with their next project. And I’d rather that they be taking time on some of those potential projects rather than rushing them out.

E3 may be on the decline, especially with Sony already bowing out, but they still can’t go in with nothing but updates on existing announcements. And Smash, no matter the character, can’t be THE big announcement this time around ether. Animal Crossing seems to be their big unknown right now, and it makes the most sense to see it as the big E3 reveal.

I don’t know, I just don’t see the point of another General Direct and I’d also go as far as to call it a dumb move. We just had a big Nintendo Direct in February that laid out a lot of plans, a Pokemon Direct if it’s own to announce Sword and Shield, and then another big Indie Direct that brought Cuphead. They’ve covered so much else in the past couple of months already, Smash really is the only notable and immediate announcement to deal with I would think.
I agree.

A Smash direct this month is the most likely scenario.
As to Smash presence at E3... It could go 2 ways:

-Nothing. 2nd character is revealed during the Smash direct.
-Character reveal tied to a game announcement.

It would surprise me to not have anything related to Brave at April or E3 ... Just having Joker for the first half of the year and 4 characters for the 2nd half of 2019 and first half of 2020 seem a bit odd.
Especially since the selection is finished since november 2018...

Personnaly , I can wait past E3 , since I have a lot of characters I already love in the game (:ultalph::ultolimar::ulticeclimbers::ultkingdedede::ultkrool::ultpacman:) , but I know some might think it's too much time to wait.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Glad to be of service :3

Oh yeah he would! Good call lol
really cute avatar :)

I dont have much to add to the conversation.
Just hope everyone is doing ok, and at least until we finally get some news. It's been quite a wait.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Aaaand no one was surprised. Stage Builder incoming, baybee!

Also, way to go, Nintendo. How did you miss that?
It's really weird if you think about it, those kids had the new version that no one else has :p
I know, just a commercial, but you'd think it would only be available to the testers.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
So, no Home Run Contest then? While it’s much more insignificant, I still really want it back to have a more complete Smash in Ultimate haha

Ovaltine

Smash Master
So, no Home Run Contest then? While it’s much more insignificant, I still really want it back to have a more complete Smash in Ultimate haha
It could be under a different segment or this is a build that doesn't have it on the menu yet. I can't recall the menus with photographic memory, though, only muscle memory, so I could so easily be wrong, haha.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
>realest leak just happened
>my reaction when

Well, looks like this day wasn't a total waste after all.

The only reason I want it at all is to maintain :ultganondorf:'s record.

Last edited:

TriStarGamer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4620-2306
Switch FC
5415-2743-8314
really cute avatar :)

I dont have much to add to the conversation.
Just hope everyone is doing ok, and at least until we finally get some news. It's been quite a wait.
aw thank you :3 Saw rosie and peach i’m like it’s adorable!!!

That’s usually me on smashboards lol but here with memes and no dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom