• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
It really only goes up from here. We went from "Geno" being DLC to being a base game addition to Ultimate in the form of references and a powerful spirit. Can't deny that the dude came a long way.
Hopefully, his next step will be coming back to us in his real form, whether it's Smash or in the Mario series itself. As long as we keep the support alive, we can only climb higher!

D

Deleted member

Hopefully, his next step will be coming back to us in his real form, whether it's Smash or in the Mario series itself. As long as we keep the support alive, we can only climb higher!
At this point in Ultimate, it's either the mii costume or playable character. Even if we get the mii costume, it wont really kill him for Ultimate's chances.
I am hearing talks of wanting him in another Mario game. That's probably the best way to really advertise him as a character in the long run. Damn shame more spinoff characters don't appear in other Mario spinoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well done. :)
happened to catch the 800 pages. nice.

clearly smrpg deserves more credit, and more sequels :)

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
At this point in Ultimate, it's either the mii costume or playable character. Even if we get the mii costume, it wont really kill him for Ultimate's chances.
I am hearing talks of wanting him in another Mario game. That's probably the best way to really advertise him as a character in the long run. Damn shame more spinoff characters don't appear in other Mario spinoffs.
I really hope they put Geno and Mallow in new games. Nintendo, specifically Miyamoto, has this terrible habit of introducing awesome Mario characters that appear with one major role, and then lives the rest of their lives through cameos.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Not ot mention, the fact of him being DLC really won't be a problem there. Square loves their DLC, and Nintendo has made DLC for all kinds of Mario characters. Hell, Boom Boom, a character no one cared much for in SMB3, has DLC in Mario Tennis Aces. Boom Boom. If Boom Boom can be revived in the main series and added as DLC, so can Geno and Mallow. They'd make them plenty of money, garner new fans, and please old ones. It's the real dream.

D

Deleted member

Not ot mention, the fact of him being DLC really won't be a problem there. Square loves their DLC, and Nintendo has made DLC for all kinds of Mario characters. Hell, Boom Boom, a character no one cared much for in SMB3, has DLC in Mario Tennis Aces. Boom Boom. If Boom Boom can be revived in the main series and added as DLC, so can Geno and Mallow. They'd make them plenty of money, garner new fans, and please old ones. It's the real dream.
Boom Boom is paid DLC? They really want to market that guy, huh.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Boom Boom is paid DLC? They really want to market that guy, huh.
Well, no. He's free DLC. Still, if they can make Boom Boom a DLC character and go out of their way for him, they can make Geno and Mallow paid DLC. It's just, ugh... Square and Miyamoto.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
But seriously though, they make any Mario enemy playable in karts and parties. I wouldn't be shocked if even an Ant Trooper becomes playable at this rate.

Also, even Sak would acknowledge that the novelty of a playable enemy would wear off quickly in Smash if any old Mario enemy could get in.

I really hope they put Geno and Mallow in new games. Nintendo, specifically Miyamoto, has this terrible habit of introducing awesome Mario characters that appear with one major role, and then lives the rest of their lives through cameos.
Although in fairness, Wart and Tatanga didn't get much of a defined role beyond "evil guy that wants to rule over something" during the infancy of the Mario series.

Syrup could stand to show up a lot more, tho.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, they can start by removing things like Cat Peach, Tanuki Mario, and any baby that isn't Mario/Luigi/Peach. The Metals at least originated outside of Mario Kart to some degree. Metal Mario was in multiple games, and Metal Peach was in Mario Party 2, and every Smash game since Melee. So Pink Gold Peach is fine due to that alone. You can also add Gold Luigi if you want any other Metals. Besides that, Donkey Kong Jr., Diddy Kong, Dr. Mario, Gold Luigi can easily replace the ones I noted are cut. That's at least one more space. So perhaps a WarioWare character(Ashely or Mona both could work well, since one is more promoted, but the other has a canon vehicle). And if you don't need Gold Luigi, just have both.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, they can start by removing things like Cat Peach, Tanuki Mario, and any baby that isn't Mario/Luigi/Peach. The Metals at least originated outside of Mario Kart to some degree. Metal Mario was in multiple games, and Metal Peach was in Mario Party 2, and every Smash game since Melee. So Pink Gold Peach is fine due to that alone. You can also add Gold Luigi if you want any other Metals. Besides that, Donkey Kong Jr., Diddy Kong, Dr. Mario, Gold Luigi can easily replace the ones I noted are cut. That's at least one more space. So perhaps a WarioWare character(Ashely or Mona both could work well, since one is more promoted, but the other has a canon vehicle). And if you don't need Gold Luigi, just have both.
:ultluigi:- approved post, though the stigma against metals makes me think they might gut out all of them due to the outcry.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
:ultluigi:- approved post, though the stigma against metals makes me think they might gut out all of them due to the outcry.
Doubt it. They aren't an issue anyway. The babies are just significantly more annoying as is, and can't even be said they took liberties from previous games. Metal Mario has no reason to leave. Pink Gold Peach might.

Note that I wasn't listing 3rd parties. If B&K come back, I'd like to see a few DKR characters. Conker, Banjo, at least. Also, wait, Dixie wasn't in? Add her too. You have a decent amount of basic characters from DKC. Finally, you got other Rareware options as is. Fulgore, any of the Battletoads, etc. Geno was already a given considering everything. But since I didn't list him, here he is. Geno. Must. Be. In. Mario. Kart. If. SMRPG. Is. Revived. IMO.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Doubt it. They aren't an issue anyway. The babies are just significantly more annoying as is, and can't even be said they took liberties from previous games. Metal Mario has no reason to leave. Pink Gold Peach might.

Note that I wasn't listing 3rd parties. If B&K come back, I'd like to see a few DKR characters. Conker, Banjo, at least. Also, wait, Dixie wasn't in? Add her too. You have a decent amount of basic characters from DKC. Finally, you got other Rareware options as is. Fulgore, any of the Battletoads, etc.
Hmm, fair point, babies are pointless. Though slightly less power-up forms is fine, just hope they don't resort to "Mario with a new hat/costume/undies from Odyssey".

Also, gonna bring up this silly thing again: https://www.deviantart.com/thebourgyman/art/Someday-in-Mario-Kart-17-461303604

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wow, I just realized we passed about 40 pages since the direct on Wednesday.

We're movin' fast lol

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

That reminds me...

I really miss the voice acting for Fox, Sonic, and Wolf for Brawl and Ike's for Brawl and Smash 4 lol
Yeah Sonic's voice in Brawl was the best one yet, they really shouldn't have changed it. Same with Wolf but Ultimate's Wolf isn't bad either.

D

Deleted member

There is actually. Go to the Newcomer Speculation page and hover your mouse over your tiny icon right next to the icon of the thread creator that is to the left side of every thread.
I almost forgot to do this lol, but I have posted 2,186 messages in this thread

Ingenious!

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2810-4113-1684
Switch FC
SW 8436 9508 1692
Ah yeah! Ive posted 33 times here (counting this post) to answer Earl so thats like most of my posts (I need to post more honeslty)
Also just imagining playing as Geno or mallow in Mario kart is such a dream I need this to happen, nintendo, pretty please with a Jawbreaker on top!!

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Dixie Kong was meant to be a tag team partner to Diddy.
Dixie was planned to be partnered up with Diddy in Brawl, but she doesn't need to be a tag team with somebody to be playable. She can be on her own like Diddy.
Wow, that actually would've been really cool to kinda play as a similar tag team like in Donkey Kong Country 2. No doubt those two probably would've been my mains if they were a tag team in Brawl. Heh, reminds me of that time where there was a fake leak that said Geno and Mallow would be a tag team in Smash Ultimate. I remember seeing an old video where Geno and Mallow are a tag team over the Ice Climbers in a Brawl mod, but I can't find the video anymore, unless I'm imagining things, but I could've sworn I saw a mod with Geno and Mallow as a tag team in Brawl.

Now that I think about it, if Diddy and Dixie were a tag team, they probably would've been cut or split into two in Smash 4.

bardbowman

Smash Apprentice
I’ve posted 121 times in this thread (so probably still in the random obscure user zone), but this is the only thread I’ve ever posted in.

Got this account just to talk about and support Geno with you folks, and I haven’t regretted it once.

I mean, think about the kind of awesome community we’ve been able to build around this character, and how much our love and support for him has united us. Even if he never ends up in Smash (which I HIGHLY doubt), it was worth taking this journey with you all.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Hmm, fair point, babies are pointless. Though slightly less power-up forms is fine, just hope they don't resort to "Mario with a new hat/costume/undies from Odyssey".

Also, gonna bring up this silly thing again: https://www.deviantart.com/thebourgyman/art/Someday-in-Mario-Kart-17-461303604
It's like the echo fighter trend entered Mario Kart. I'd be fine with Dr. Mario and Metal Mario, that's it.

Since Banjo first appeared in Diddy Kong Racing, how awesome would it be to see him make a debut in Mario Kart 9?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wow, that actually would've been really cool to kinda play as a similar tag team like in Donkey Kong Country 2. No doubt those two probably would've been my mains if they were a tag team in Brawl. Heh, reminds me of that time where there was a fake leak that said Geno and Mallow would be a tag team in Smash Ultimate. I remember seeing an old video where Geno and Mallow are a tag team over the Ice Climbers in a Brawl mod, but I can't find the video anymore, unless I'm imagining things, but I could've sworn I saw a mod with Geno and Mallow as a tag team in Brawl.

Now that I think about it, if Diddy and Dixie were a tag team, they probably would've been cut or split into two in Smash 4.
It is funny that she never got in Brawl that way. Who knows. She might still be coming. I'd remain skeptical of her getting in by herself, though.

That said, did you ever see the Project M joke, "Ike Climbers"?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I’ve posted 121 times in this thread (so probably still in the random obscure user zone), but this is the only thread I’ve ever posted in.

Got this account just to talk about and support Geno with you folks, and I haven’t regretted it once.

I mean, think about the kind of awesome community we’ve been able to build around this character, and how much our love and support for him has united us. Even if he never ends up in Smash (which I HIGHLY doubt), it was worth taking this journey with you all.
The real character we got were the friends we made along the way.

But yeah, I really love this community. We have shared things, we have gotten to know each other, we have had plenty of memorable moments, all that good stuff.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
No idea how many times I've posted here. I'm mostly just here and in the Ninten thread heh.

But like you guys. Makes me wish my discord squad from Laxcord was still well, my discord squad. We had a really good community there for a while it's upsetting that it's gone to hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom