• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Hey, what'd I miss?
Vergeben got ****ed yesterday.

He claimed that, it the direct yesterday, Starfox Grand Prix, a Legend of Zelda game that had nothing to do with Link's Awakening, and a Pkmin 3 port were all being announced. Starfox Grand Prix and Pkmin 3 port didn't happen, there was a LoZ game, and it was Link's Awakening.

He took a huge credibility blow after this direct that it's best to just ignore him at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Vergeben got ****ed yesterday.

He claimed that, it the direct yesterday, Starfox Grand Prix, a Legend of Zelda game that had nothing to do with Link's Awakening, and a Pkmin 3 port were all being announced. Starfox Grand Prix and Pkmin 3 port didn't happen, there was a LoZ game, and it was Link's Awakening.

He took a huge credibility blow after this direct that it's best to just ignore him at this point.
So are we finally going to stop listening to wizards and soothsayers and get back to the business of pushing for Geno in Smash and Mario everything?

D

Deleted member

So are we finally going to stop listening to wizards and soothsayers and get back to the business of pushing for Geno in Smash and Mario everything?
We are going to stop listening to all insiders except PolarPanda.

She's the only credible one lmao.

But yes, we will keep pushing for a Geno revival in Smash and a return of him and Mallow in the Mario games :)

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
Wasn't Polar backing up Vergeben's claims about the Direct? Or just that she believed in Erdrick?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Someone getting a blow to their credibility isn't the same as having all their info proven false. And since he already proved to have good info in the past, there's no reason to totally dismiss verge. But people shouldn't believe leakers outright in any case..

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Ermagerd so many Godzilla fans! Pretty much feel like the only person on the planet not excited about King of Monsters, what I truly want is a sequel to Shin Gojira.
I'm not sure how one would read my posts.
Kinda like growling.
Oh, is it time for PFP chat again? My favorite!
Shut up Plant!
Kinda curious as to how people read my posts. Wondering if it's based off of my avatar or my actually male gender?
Kinda like an androgynous warrior shaman thing. Does that make sense?
Also Russian smoker is hilarious, I always thought typical American accent for you for some reason.
Yeehaw
i imagine you sounding like the text to speech voice for some reason?
This is my new favorite one. The truth is I’m actually the first bot to get past captcha.
I love the art style of Link's Awakening. The remake interests me so maybe I'll get it when it comes out.

Also now that we're talking about how we read each others posts, how do you read mine?
Like a very cheery plant person. Kinda like Ralsei from Deltarune I guess.
Regardless of my Profile Pic, my voice is as deep as the sea
Oh wow that’s very surprising.
I read everyone as just my normal thought voice of neutrality because I am a horribly boring human-duck-banana-jape being. :upsidedown:

Very curious as to how people read my posts now, though...
Like a horribly boring human-duck-banana-jape being.

Actually like a mix between Donald Duck and Star Butterfly.
Did I hear Russian mentioned cause:
Как у вас дела?
D17A6BE7-ECF7-4EFE-B5C3-9A2FEBEAC08B.png

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
The one in your pfp XD
How do you hear my voice, especially as my icon is now?
EarlTamm EarlTamm EarlTamm EarlTamm is in a kind of void, and humanizing in a different way, because i had a different feel before ruby came along.
As I recall, I have had four major icons. I went from just Geno, to Geno and Rosalina, to Ruby in front of a sort of Smash icon, and now to done with s*** Ruby. I am interested in your perspective on this, especially how you worded it.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
We're visual creatures, I think it's normal we put at least a bit with the pictures.

I might as well ask for me. And with now, am I seen with a load of faces, or just one? :p

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
We're visual creatures, I think it's normal we put at least a bit with the pictures.

I might as well ask for me. And with now, am I seen with a load of faces, or just one? :p
When it comes to you and your icon history, I always look for the main female character in the icon.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
When it comes to you and your icon history, I always look for the main female character in the icon.
oh ok. so erdrick(f) here im guessing.

As I recall, I have had four major icons. I went from just Geno, to Geno and Rosalina, to Ruby in front of a sort of Smash icon, and now to done with s*** Ruby. I am interested in your perspective on this, especially how you worded it.
I didnt see much of the rosalina time, so my memories are still around the shantae days and the way i felt around geno and how you were back then. It's hard to see it as just a straight up shift but there's a familiar feeling flowing around what's void and ruby :)

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Since we're talking about how we read people's voices based on their profile pic...

Mr. Stagg Mr. Stagg Whenever I'm reading through the Banjo thread, I'm always reading your posts in Mama Luigi's voice lmao

Last edited:

Kooj Kooj

Smash Cadet
Anybody else floored that they didn't reveal literally anything about Smash yesterday?

Just in general that was a weird move...

But yeah it does seem like that rejuvenated a lot of character viability. Discussion becomes boring and stagnant when nothing is going on, but it's even worse when there's nothing going on AND it feels like people have already figured it all out.

yay geno

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Anybody else floored that they didn't reveal literally anything about Smash yesterday?

But yeah it does seem like that rejuvenated a lot of character viability. Discussion becomes boring and stagnant when nothing is going on, but it's even worse when there's nothing going on AND it feels like people have already figured it all out.

yay geno
yay geno

Also your signature right now is so perfect for the situation. Props to your good taste and Pyra Pyra for just being.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

yay geno
Yesh but Spring having the 3.0 update along with joker in april makes sense. I'd just expect a character reveal in between now and there, for the next dlc.
Would've been a good time yesterday, but t'is what it is.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I didnt see much of the rosalina time, so my memories are still around the shantae days and the way i felt around geno and how you were back then. It's hard to see it as just a straight up shift but there's a familiar feeling flowing around what's void and ruby :)
That was an interesting time. I can safely say I have never been so knee deep in conspiracy's before then. It's nice to hear that there is traits you still recognize from me, even after all this time and the icon changes.

D

Deleted member

Wasn't Polar backing up Vergeben's claims about the Direct?
She never backed Verge's claims about the direct. She didn't get anything wrong.

About Erdrick, she personally thinks he is the most likely because Verge, xenother, and Hitagi said they heard Erdrick the most. She's not going all in on him, and people at NoA do not know the DLC, so there most likely will not be an Erdrick/any other character confirmation from her source.

Someone getting a blow to their credibility isn't the same as having all their info proven false. And since he already proved to have good info in the past, there's no reason to totally dismiss verge. But people shouldn't believe leakers outright in any case..
Verge got several things incorrect about the direct. There's no reason to believe him anymore, so, yes, I will dismiss him.

Demanding and pissed lol. It's pretty much me if Geno doesn't get announced as DLC

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I need Geno in Smash
Мне нужно Гино в Смаше.

If you want to start making some Geno propaganda in Russian, there you go.

Also, I’m probably one of two people who loved seeing them show off Villager as Житель since I’ve been learning the language and basically love every time it shows up in anything haha.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
She never backed Verge's claims about the direct. She didn't get anything wrong.

About Erdrick, she personally thinks he is the most likely because Verge, xenother, and Hitagi said they heard Erdrick the most. She's not going all in on him, and people at NoA do not know the DLC, so there most likely will not be an Erdrick/any other character confirmation from her source.

Verge got several things incorrect about the direct. There's no reason to believe him anymore, so, yes, I will dismiss him.

Demanding and pissed lol. It's pretty much me if Geno doesn't get announced as DLC
You can dismiss him if you want. Doesnt mean he doesnt have good info for some things. He got stuff about the direct wrong because he trusted a source when he shouldnt have. His main source only said mario maker 2, which was in the direct.

Maybe he felt it wasnt enough to please people or something. Dumb move, really.

D

Deleted member

Мне нужно Гино в Смаше.

Also, I’m probably one of two people who loved seeing them show off Villager as Житель since I’ve been learning the language and basically love every time it shows up in anything haha.
I promise I totally didn't use google translate

TheBeastHimself

You can dismiss him if you want. Doesnt mean he doesnt have good info for some things. He got stuff about the direct wrong because he trusted a source when he shouldnt have. His main source only said mario maker 2, which was in the direct.

My line of thinking matches up with yours. I don't think he should be 100% dismissed because he has had a track record in the past. But I think yesterday's direct was a wake up call, like "hey, everything this guy says ain't gospel"

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I promise I totally didn't use google translate
Wait what? Why are you saying that?

I guess it could also be:

Мне нужно Гино в Битве given that Битва is how Smash is actually said in game, but it’s a proper noun title and may be more accurate to transliterate it as I did because I’ve listened to a couple podcasts and they just say Смашь.

Edit: Disregard the first part, I did not think properly about that.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
My line of thinking matches up with yours. I don't think he should be 100% dismissed because he has had a track record in the past. But I think yesterday's direct was a wake up call, like "hey, everything this guy says ain't gospel"
Pretty much. My problem when it comes to Verge's info is how quick people are to say, "Well, if he says something is happening, he MUST be right! He's ALWAYS right!" It's less him and more his fan base and believers blindly following his words like sheep.

He isn't worth totally dismissing, but yeah, I'm taking his words with an eight-wheeler full of salt.

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
Didnt polar back up star fox grand prix on resetera? Either way, I think her noa source is clearly credible.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can't really be giving him the benefit of the doubt all the time. He got 3 things incorrect, and he can't be trusted.

You do you, but I'm ignoring him from now on. Even if he gets things correct in the future, it won't change the fact that he got things wrong here. Nothing he said was close to correct. He was just straight up wrong.

Wait what? Why are you saying that?

I guess it could also be:

Мне нужно Гино в Битве given that Битва is how Smash is actually said in game, but it’s a proper noun title and may be more accurate to transliterate it as I did because I’ve listened to a couple podcasts and they just say Смашь.
How do I say "Vergeben is ****ed"? :troll:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I can't really be giving him the benefit of the doubt all the time. He got 3 things incorrect, and he can't be trusted.

You do you, but I'm ignoring him from now on. Even if he gets things correct in the future, it won't change the fact that he got things wrong here. Nothing he said was close to correct. He was just straight up wrong.

How do I say "Vergeben is ****ed"? :troll:
I suppose for some people it's hard to give something weight. It's like either you trust 100% or you distrust 100%. There can be more nuance than that.

Like, say he's been 75% accurate with all his info over time, that's still a pretty high %, especially for a leaker. That means you can expect him to be wrong 25% of the time.
In pokemon, people use 75% accurate moves if they're good. I dont like going lower than that. Like I never use hypnosis, it's 60% accurate :/

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I suppose for some people it's hard to give something weight. It's like either you trust 100% or you distrust 100%.

Like, say he's been 75% accurate with all his info over time, that's still a pretty high %, especially for a leaker. That means you can expect him to be wrong 25% of the time.
In pokemon, people use 75% moves all the time if they're good. I dont like going lower than that. Like I never use hypnosis, it's 60% accurate :/
Like I said, this rounds out to "give him another chance," which I'm not going to do anymore. With, again, how wrong he was about the direct, no offense, but it honestly seems like grasping for straws at this point to say he's still credible.

However, I probably can't convince you of this, so you do you. But I'm ignoring what Verge has to say going forward.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Like I said, this rounds out to "give him another chance," which I'm not going to do anymore. With, again, how wrong he was about the direct, no offense, but it honestly seems like grasping for straws at this point to say he's still credible.

However, I probably can't convince you of this, so you do you. But I'm ignoring what Verge has to say going forward.
This is why you seem woody to me :/
good thing we're in the geno thread.

Ingenious!

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2810-4113-1684
Switch FC
SW 8436 9508 1692
Мне нужно Гино в Смаше.

Im totally using this in my Sig now thanks

Also I wanna get in on this PFP talk! so what do I sound like to yall?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
PFP chat? Hey, interesting. Wonder what I sound like.
Like a random blingy thing. :)
havent seen you much so i aint got much else.

Just outta curiosity, do I sound a certain way to you, lol?
I like conker's bad fur days, and i havent seen you much either, so for now i just see you as a conker fan. contrasting with being a reasonable person :)

Wont be around now gotta go. later, hf.

TheBeastHimself

I think it might just be due to the Lucas pfp you had for a while, but I always read you as quiet and soft spoken.
You're right, I am a very quiet and soft spoken person in both real life and on these forums. Maybe this is a me problem, but I always like to walk on eggshells in these types of forums and try to avoid conflict at all costs. I never wanna paint myself out to be a bad person, especially over the internet where you can't really tell what kind of tone people are using.

I like conker's bad fur days, and i havent seen you much either, so for now i just see you as a conker fan. contrasting with being a reasonable person :)
ayyy, thanks! :)

D

Deleted member

my pfp is my dnd character so im kinda curious how you guys think i sound/how you read my posts
You sound just like Geno but with a different costume. And this costume should be a Geno alt for Smash.

This is why you seem woody to me :/
good thing we're in the geno thread.
This is why you seem like DQ to me. And by DQ I mean Dairy Queen.

PFP chat? Hey, interesting. Wonder what I sound like.
Your pfp is me when Geno gets announced (if he is in).

Just outta curiosity, do I sound a certain way to you, lol?
Man you went from a Ness/Lucas to a squirrel who murders people (I could be totally wrong since I know nothing about Conker)

Im totally using this in my Sig now thanks

Also I wanna get in on this PFP talk! so what do I sound like to yall?
Who is the character in your pfp again? Whoever it is, you sound like that character :laugh:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
You're right, I am a very quiet and soft spoken person in both real life and on these forums. Maybe this is a me problem, but I always like to walk on eggshells in these types of forums and try to avoid conflict at all costs. I never wanna paint myself out to be a bad person, especially over the internet where you can't really tell what kind of tone people are using.
Oh I agree with the walking in eggshells thing. It took me a long time to gain the confidence to post on here/other social media since I was afraid of backlash, and tone is kinda hard to read as well when it's just text. Sometimes I have a really hard time telling if someone's joking or not. So I understand completely.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

ayyy, thanks! :)
Oh I agree with the walking in eggshells thing. It took me a long time to gain the confidence to post on here/other social media since I was afraid of backlash, and tone is kinda hard to read as well when it's just text. Sometimes I have a really hard time telling if someone's joking or not. So I understand completely.
I can relate as well. Although I am quite active here now, this was the first social site I have really gotten into. Kinda avoided stuff like this for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom