• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Although the 5chan post isn't confirmed, I hope people appreciate the extreme irony that three of the five characters are Boomer picks, even more so than Geno and Banjo. I know Doom and Ninja Gaiden have recent installments but I feel like all the appeal largely circles back to the NES and PC games respectively which were both 25+ years ago now.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Still though, his source told him that, so who's to say that his source won't make mistakes like that
It's not like Verge has one source. I'm pretty sure he even threw that source out after K. Rool was confirmed.
Verge has numerous sources who tell him info. He didn't come out with that info for a reason. He only comes out with what he believes in entirely.

D

Deleted member

It's not like Verge has one source. I'm pretty sure he even threw that source out after K. Rool was confirmed.
Verge has numerous sources who tell him info. He didn't come out with that info for a reason. He only comes out with what he believes in entirely.
It's possible that those other sources are also unreliable. He had one source that was unreliable, and it's possible that his other sources are unreliable

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
It's possible that those other sources are also unreliable. He had one source that was unreliable, and it's possible that his other sources are unreliable
I mean, seeing as those sources said Incineroar, Ken, Isabelle, and Simon would be in, among others, I'm pretty keen to believe his sources are reliable.
Whether they're reliable for DLC is another story entirely.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Those multiple other sources got multiple characters right. One source got one character wrong. It's pretty clear which is more reliable here.

DLC, as noted, is a different situation and there's a fair chance Verg has no real information on it.

D

Deleted member

I mean, seeing as those sources said Incineroar, Ken, Isabelle, and Simon would be in, among others, I'm pretty keen to believe his sources are reliable.
Whether they're reliable for DLC is another story entirely.
My point is that not all of his sources are reliable. Those sources happened to be reliable, but it doesn't make all of them reliable, as proven by the source that told him no more DK reps.

Because of this and him being wrong about the Square Enix rep being first, I'm don't trust Verge

Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth There's no way of us knowing what source gives him what information though. My point is, again, that some of his sources are reliable, and some are unreliable, so I'm taking everything he is saying with a grain of salt

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth There's no way of us knowing what source gives him what information though. My point is, again, that some of his sources are reliable, and some are unreliable, so I'm taking everything he is saying with a grain of salt
Actually, there is. Verg talked about his sources, without giving names specifically. His sources agreed on those characters. Nobody agreed on the lack of a DK character being a true thing, bar one unreliable user. It was pretty clear cut. Verg never once came out with a name(once he got his act together after getting poor information, which he also didn't believe) until after consulting all his sources to be sure.

There was one bad source. The rest were reliable. DLC is the only actual case where Verg doesn't have reliable information. And it's probably that the Minecraft information he got was leakbait. Now, there are other possibilities. Another person was lying, but only about that information. It could've been leakbait. It could've been discussed information, and that leaker(as he heard it originally from one person, from what I remember) no longer worked on Smash Ultimate, meaning they were still under the impression it was happening. There are many possible reasons for the lack of Minecraft content. But all it proves is Verg is unreliable for DLC. He was blatantly reliable for base, and when he says a supposed leak is not likely, and was right due to him only believing in stuff he was absolutely sure of, you get the basic idea of how hard he tries to get honest information these days. To be frank, despite his behavior in the way past, he tried hard here, and was still treated like absolute ****(and still is, for that matter). It's beyond ridiculous.

There's at least legitimate reasons to not trust him for DLC. Base? Nah, he had information.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 185031
Aw yeah baby, time for another playthrough :D

Happy new Years everyone! Here’s to 2019!
That reminds me, I need to continue my playthrough of Super Mario RPG!

Actually, there is. Verg talked about his sources, without giving names specifically. His sources agreed on those characters. Nobody agreed on the lack of a DK character being a true thing, bar one unreliable user. It was pretty clear cut. Verg never once came out with a name(once he got his act together after getting poor information, which he also didn't believe) until after consulting all his sources to be sure.

There was one bad source. The rest were reliable. DLC is the only actual case where Verg doesn't have reliable information. And it's probably that the Minecraft information he got was leakbait. Now, there are other possibilities. Another person was lying, but only about that information. It could've been leakbait. It could've been discussed information, and that leaker(as he heard it originally from one person, from what I remember) no longer worked on Smash Ultimate, meaning they were still under the impression it was happening. There are many possible reasons for the lack of Minecraft content. But all it proves is Verg is unreliable for DLC. He was blatantly reliable for base, and when he says a supposed leak is not likely, and was right due to him only believing in stuff he was absolutely sure of, you get the basic idea of how hard he tries to get honest information these days. To be frank, despite his behavior in the way past, he tried hard here, and was still treated like absolute ****(and still is, for that matter). It's beyond ridiculous.

There's at least legitimate reasons to not trust him for DLC. Base? Nah, he had information.
You can keep saying it's just one source that was unreliable, but this still equals not all of his sources being reliable

FLGibsonIII

Smash Journeyman
Have has there been reports of firings at square? If it hasn't happened yet, it should happen by the time eldrick is announced (if he is the pick).Someone clearly let the cat out of the bag.

D

Deleted member

Have has there been reports of firings at square? If it hasn't happened yet, it should happen by the time eldrick is announced (if he is the pick).Someone clearly let the cat out of the bag.
Yeah, I'm thinking that if Eddy is in and someone gets fired, it will be after the reveal. If someone gets fired before Eddy's reveal if he is in, then it would make it obvious that Eddy is in

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Actually, yes. Apparently, according to Verge, the Square Enix list that KronoXIV leaked out resulted in some people getting fired. I think it's pretty clear that the real Square rep is on that list as a result.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Right now, Cloud has become the actual proper mascot of the series. He was more like Erdrick at some point, very important, but wasn't the series' mascot yet. He took over that role from Moogle/Chocobo, the original mascots of the series.
Curious. When did that become official? Would love to see so I can tell the boys! :D

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
As 2018 comes to an end, here’s hoping in 2019 that we get information that Geno is either 100% confirmed or not. :grin: Hope everyone has a good New Year’s.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Ryu's cool and there's honestly a lot they could do with him but ironic memes of Steve and Doomguy has completely soiled them for me. Knowing that a good number of people who support them are doing it tongue in cheek or as a way to troll irks me something deep. If it were the true DLC, it would be... Weird. Aside from arguably Steve, nobody is a particularly big pick among the Smash fanbase. Joker would basically be the best received character as he wasn't super wanted but not hated and at least some people genuinely wanted him. Erdrick is... Erdrick, that's been discussed to death, Ryu simply exists, Steve would be largely hated, and Doomguy is basically the /v/ pick. Again, no big fan favorites aside from Steve who, again, most people would rather do without.
I honestly really like Doom Guy and would welcome how much branching out Nintendo would require to put him in. Really cements how Nintendo is a real team player who likes to work with everyone. And Ryu is also not my hypest pick; but honestly someone who definitely deserves inclusion due to his history with Nintendo. And knowing Sakurai; he would borrow heavily from the retro games as well. PLUS Sheik and..... Greninja aside; we don't have a Ninja fighter in Smash, really.
I agree on all the other front's though.

D

Deleted member

Alright you ****ers I am going to play Super Mario RPG right now and I might reach Geno and if I do I will go ape ****

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I am surprisingly okay with this potential list. I have come to terms with the possibility of Erdrick, Ryu is a great retro rep, I am a Doomguy supporter, and I am fine with Steve.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
It's really sad to see how many people have "come to terms" with Erdrick...... it's okay to not want him. Square is in the wrong for making Geno leakbait here, you don't have to accept a character you don't want.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It's really sad to see how many people have "come to terms" with Erdrick...... it's okay to not want him. Square is in the wrong for making Geno leakbait here, you don't have to accept a character you don't want.
I am fine with him, not against him. Would I want other characters more? Of course, but there is certainly characters I want less than him. At least he is a third party with a new legacy to integrate into Smash and make this crossover even bigger.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Wait why are Ryu and Doomguy on this list all of a sudden? What happened?
5chan post that's apparently the hot new Smash trend to not question at all because Japanese ****posts are inherently more reliable and trustworthy because *insert mildly racist explanations here*. I doubt it for a number of reasons but it's the new Gematsu so good luck introducing different ideas among Serious Smashers ™ until it gets proven wrong.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I haven't "come to terms" with it because it's not true. :)

If anyone wants to try and "convince" me that credible insiders are always right and all of them saying "it's probably erdrick" is the exact same thing as Reggie saying it's Erdrick, don't bother. I will not believe Erdrick is in the game until I get some actual evidence.

Also, I'd just like to remind everyone, the MOST credible leaker with the MOST accurate predictions thus far (Vergeben) is the only insider that ISN'T going all in on Erdrick. He's saying it's likely, but he's not saying it's definitely him. A couple of people who have friends who have friends that work in the lowest levels of a company only tangentially related to Nintendo say it's probably Erdrick? Yeah okay. You can feel free to mindlessly accept that as a fact, but I'm not going to.

5chan post that's apparently the hot new Smash trend to not question at all because Japanese ****posts are inherently more reliable and trustworthy because *insert mildly racist explanations here*. I doubt it for a number of reasons but it's the new Gematsu so good luck introducing different ideas among Serious Smashers ™ until it gets proven wrong.
The only difference is the Gematsu leak was actually correct wasn't it? They cut chorus kids early on and that was the only thing wrong with it I thought? (I wasn't really around for smash 4 speculation so forgive me if I'm dumb)

I really hate the mentality though of just blindly ignoring everything that contradicts the """leak""" that is most prominent like they are with this doomguy thing I just now heard about... Let people be optimistic and stop making everyone depressed just because you've given up and decided that text on a forum means as much as word of god from Sakurai himself. It's getting annoying at this point.

D

Deleted member

I am at Rose Way. Time to fight starfish, snapdragons, and shy guys

Edit: Oh, I mean starslaps. Not starfish.

Edit 2: Now I get to obtain this frog coin. That has to do with precise jumps.

Edit: Yes! I obtained the frog coin!

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
You know what at this point I think some dragging down has to be done.

Seeing you guys covering your eyes and ears and going "no Geno's still likely" is what got us into this mess in the first place. All the sadness and salt.

Look at my icon, look at my sig, look at any of my posts and you'll see I'm pretty ****ing ruined over Geno being out!

But we're just pulling reasoning out of thin air instead of accepting, hey, maybe it's time to just start accepting that Erdrick will probably be in. We can learn to like the guy.

Pretending Geno is still a frontrunner will only result in the inclusion of another rep hurting even deeper.

If y'all want me to be quiet I'll be quiet but don't say I didn't warn you when it isn't Geno.
But...he's not out, because Nintendo hasn't revealed ANY Square rep yet. We still have four more reveals, cut that weak s*** out now mate. It's one thing to debate why or why not, but it's another to come in and say 'It's not happening boys, so just learn how to suck an egg and buy the DLC anyway.'

childishgamgeno

Smash Journeyman
Aw man, if the list true, I lowkey regret buying the Fighter's Pass lol.

Erdrick is incredibly disappointing, but only because I want Geno much much more. But Geno doesn't have to be treated as a complete SE rep. He's cool I guess.

Doom Marine, in my opinion, is super whatever, and I treated his potential inclusion very similarly to Joker's. So I hope it's fake because that would be kinda whack. He'd be a...what, a more aggresive Snake I guess? A more violent, but less violent one? I guess it's a legacy pick for FPS? Right? That's the argument. I feel like I should argue that legacy picks super ceding other choices is kinda....limiting?

Steve im very ambivalent towards as well. Don't really care.

Ryu is actually pretty cool, but eh, can someone sell me? Is he just gonna be Shiek with a sword?

All that said...I'm only REALLY excited for Joker...that's....kind of it

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Aw man, if the list true, I lowkey regret buying the Fighter's Pass lol.

Erdrick is incredibly disappointing, but only because I want Geno much much more. But Geno doesn't have to be treated as a complete SE rep. He's cool I guess.

Doom Marine, in my opinion, is super whatever, and I treated his potential inclusion very similarly to Joker's. So I hope it's fake because that would be kinda whack. He'd be a...what, a more aggresive Snake I guess? A more violent, but less violent one? I guess it's a legacy pick for FPS? Right? That's the argument. I feel like I should argue that legacy picks super ceding other choices is kinda....limiting?

Steve im very ambivalent towards as well. Don't really care.

Ryu is actually pretty cool, but eh, can someone sell me? Is he just gonna be Shiek with a sword?

All that said...I'm only REALLY excited for Joker...that's....kind of it
I haven't played any Ninja Gaiden games, just watched them, but Ryu would probably be halfway between marth and sheik or something. VERY fast ninja man slitting throats at incredible hihg speed

D

Deleted member

I defeated 2 Crooks and got a lot of experience and coins. Took quite a bit of damage tho

D

Deleted member

I still have an hour and I will try to get to Geno before the new year. Who knows, if I can get to Geno before the new year, he can enter Smash in 2019 :D

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
So I gotta say, at my friend's Smash Ultimate party I only played about 12+ hours of Ultimate, most of it 6+ players...and it's already hard going back to Smash 4 with my nephew (wish I had a Switch, :/).

King Dedede isn't SUPER different but I got used to the back air already and being able to swallow and spit back my Gordo. Meta Game & Wreck on the other hand...it's a WHOLE new ball game. I had just gotten used to his shorter range on his forward smash and now I'm getting used to his better range in Smash 4 again. Also I miss the bombs, that was some great annoying Grade A stuff. Whoever was the first to mention that idea needs a raise.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I'm kinda disappointed in you guys...like, really disappointed. Why, you may ask? Because you are repeating history.

The Grinch leak had it's deniers, sure, but most people had jumped on that Grinch sleigh and were ready to sail away in it...too bad they crashed and burned. Big name guys thought it would happen, there was all this 'proof' behind it, everyone was convinced there was NO WAY it could be a ruse...and it was.

Now look where we are now: all torn up about Eddy because...why? Some people who have/had information say it's likely? Hitagi means nothing, Verge is in the danger zone, and Polar saying this doesn't confirm it and actually goes against ACTUAL info they gave us. This rando-leak is too in-depth to be real. Remember when a leak that claimed to know everything about a character was automatically deemed fake because there was no way they could know that much? The Grinch Leak had an image and things that tied to a real human and videos being taken down and many MANY more things backing it up than 'Oh, some random loser posted something and some people who may know something or may know nothing agree so RIP us dude.'

Now, rather than sit here and belittle you all, let me offer a bit of inspiration, once again in an odd way as that is what I do apparently.

Back during what is apparently the Gematsu leak, I didn't believe that s*** for a single second. People dogged me and insulted me and slandered me and tried to force me to believe it, but to no avail. Then when it turned out to be true and Duck Hunt and Shulk were real, I wasn't bothered and no one who had a brain could insult me further. Why? Because the entire time I said this:

"There is no such thing as a real or fake leak until the company in question makes a statement regarding the subject. If Nintendo releases something that proves this was real, then it was actually a leak, but only became a leak once Nintendo confirmed it to be true. If Nintendo releases something that proves this was fake, then it never had the chance to be a leak because it was a lie, a false rumor. In short, Nintendo has the only say that matter, and until then there is no way to prove anything at all, no matter how convincing something may be."

Some of you need to take this to heart and realize that all these leakers and insiders don't mean jack s***. Who cares if they actually have information or not, if they are lying or not. It's not possible for us to truly know, and thus we shouldn't let anything truly persuade us until Nintendo makes a statement on the matter in some form.

While it's still 2018 here for a little bit, take this into the new year of 2019 with you and hopefully this can help you relax a bit when it comes to leaks.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, I know how you post links in the thread, how can you post a video onto the thread?

Sorry about the double post, but...

I serve...A HIGHER AUTHORITY!

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
So, I know how you post links in the thread, how can you post a video onto the thread?
In the toolbar above your comment, to the right of the emoji icon, click the Insert option. From the dropdown menu, pick Media.

D

Deleted member

Super Mario-oh RPG
Super Mario-oh RPG
Super Mario-oh RPG

Yo. Yo.
Yo' trapped in this place.
Make no mistake.
O'yo' nevah escape.

Super Mario-oh RPG
It is the only one just for me.
When I play the game, I get lost in a phase.
Then I find out I'm stuck in Geno's Maze!
There are many secrets in this game!
Many of which drive some peeps insane!
Why we try to cheat in a really good game?
Just sounds like crap and it makes you look lame!

So gimme all of the things I need,
Just don't get lost, you gotta take my heed.
This crazy maze'll make your head spin,
There's only one sure way to win.
I need frog coins, ice bombs, cookies, mushrooms
Everything for which I've got room and
Don't you ever lose track of Geno.
You wanna die? No I don't think so!

(All because it's)
Super Mario-oh RPG
This is a game just for you and me.
When you find yourself in a miserable haze.
It's all because of the Forest Maze.
Exiting the forest is super simple:
All you do is follow these path turns
(Exiting the forest is super simple)
For the rest of your gaming life...
(Listen to me or you'll regret it someday~)
Follow Geno's route here...
Follow Geno.
(I'm tellin' you that)
Super Mario-oh RPG
If I could ask you to play with me.
Only if it wasn't a one-player game.
Something about it just isn't the same.
Entering the forest came with ease.
Now that I'm lost someone help me please!
How can I remember what brought me here.
There is a story to tell, lend an ear.

Once upon a trip a giant sword came down and ripped
Apart a Road that's made of Stars, then they scattered to afar.
Mario and all the crew, on adventure found a-new.
Follow them as they continue on a quest to save me and YOU!

(Listen to me)
There are many secrets in this land,
Up in the clouds or beneath the sand,
Deep within this labyrinth there is place,
If you go looking you might go insane.
Exiting the forest is very simple
Follow the patterns on and on again...
Or you'll never find what you call home...
Follow Geno.
(Follow Geno Now)
(Piano Solo)

Super Mario-oh RPG
This is a game just for you and me.
When you find yourself in a miserable haze.
It's all because of the Forest Maze.
Exiting the forest is super simple:
All you do is follow these path turns
For the rest of your gaming life...
Follow Geno.

I'm a gaming god.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom