• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

owjies

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, well someone that I'd never seen in this thread before posted that the list was fake the other day. Their tone sounded somewhat panicked. I figured they were BSing, but maybe they know something?

D

Deleted member

Hmm, well someone that I'd never seen in this thread before posted that the list was fake the other day. Their tone sounded somewhat panicked. I figured they were BSing, but maybe they know something?
No, they are panicking because Luigi on the Gameboy (the leaker who confirmed Geno) called out his sources

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Link or quote?

Edit: Oh, I just realized who it is. No, that was something entirely different.

Last edited:

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Favorite game? Er, uh... it’s Bloodborne don’t kill me

Favorite Smash memory? Probably playing through Subspace co-op with my younger sister. Really kind of annoys me that co-op this time around is limited to Classic, even with the unique campaigns. Some kind of co-op in WoL/for Spirits in general would have been absolutely amazing, and it’s disappointing to miss out on it.

Who’s Luigi the game boy?
Please. elaborate.
I think that might be a reference to a joke Game Boy Camera edit from 20+ pages ago, false alarm.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Got back from the doctor and is it true? The Square Enix list from Vergeben COULD be fake? Or at least, former Square employees are coming out and saying this is not how they do leaks?

Now things are getting interesting!

Hopefully I got this right. Fatmanonice Fatmanonice

EDIT: Also favorite game? (That is tough)...I am going to have to say Persona 5 is way up there in my list. Resonated with me on a personal level.

But of all time? I could not tell you.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Got back from the doctor and is it true? The Square Enix list from Vergeben COULD be fake? Or at least, former Square employees are coming out and saying this is not how they do leaks?

Hopefully I got this right.
I wouldn't be surprised if that was the truth. But I'd like a source on that

More proof against Verg

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Is it in question whether or not these are the names Vergeban heard, or whether the characters themselves are legit? I'm confused.

Hopefully I got this right. Fatmanonice Fatmanonice

EDIT: Also favorite game? (That is tough)...I am going to have to say Persona 5 is way up there in my list. Resonated with me on a personal level.

But of all time? I could not tell you.
If you love persona 5 you should check out the Joker thread. There's actually some stuff going in his favor.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Alright, before this blows up, let me rephrase what I said earlier: Square Enix absolutely does do leak bait, it's just the existence of a comprehensive "list" is seen as suspicious. The implication is that Square wouldn't make it this seemingly obvious that there are so many names floating around.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Is it in question whether or not these are the names Vergeban heard, or whether the characters themselves are legit? I'm confused.

If you love persona 5 you should check out the Joker thread. There's actually some stuff going in his favor.
Let's be real it seems every character has "stuff going in their favor"

No disrespect to Jokerboys tho, TPC is one and he's a pal of mine so I support them

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Alright, before this blows up, let me rephrase what I said earlier: Square Enix absolutely does do leak bait, it's just the existence of a comprehensive "list" is seen as suspicious.
OK. I didn't think that is what was implied, but better to ask than to assume.

But still, if it is seen as suspicious, makes me wonder why that is.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Alright, before this blows up, let me rephrase what I said earlier: Square Enix absolutely does do leak bait, it's just the existence of a comprehensive "list" is seen as suspicious.
Wait...was the implication ever that Squenix sent this list out?
I thought it was they sent different names around and the leakers themselves talked to one another and managed to compile a list of their own making.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Wait...was the implication ever that Squenix sent this list out?
I thought it was they sent different names around and the leakers themselves talked to one another and managed to compile a list of their own making.
From what I understand, Vergeben just listed off the names he heard, him just having a "list" in the sense that he kept record of the names. He says he "heard" these names from people, not that he was given a list.

I feel like the ex-employees dun goofed.

Last edited:

Kooj Kooj

Smash Cadet
Would somebody be so kind as to post the list of names he heard?

also I feel like this thread has just gone wild lately. Every time I check it out it's at least 5+ pages more than before

Last edited:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace

also I feel like this thread has just gone wild lately. Every time I check it out it's at least 5+ pages more than before
Sephiroth
Erdrick
Luminary
Slime
Crono
Geno
Sora

Seph, Erdrick/Luminary and Crono are listed as the most likely, Sora is disconsidered immediately, Slime was heard from only one source, and Geno was told to be leaks that "aren't serious", all of this according to the DM Vergeben sent.

We believe this last part may not be entirely true, just to bait people into disconsidering Geno.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion

Geno
Sephiroth
The Illuminary
Edrick
Slime
Chrono
Sora

Interesting to note: Apparently Sora was mentioned but was followed by "Sora...is NOT in the game"
Slime was only heard from one person, Geno was said to "Not be taken seriously"

Sephiroth, Chrono and DQ Protag were heard the most.

EDIT: :ultgreninja:ed

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Man, I keep striking out... Let me try again. There's not an actual list. It's the idea that a list of names was too easy to compile, like Square is just farting out names and making it really obvious because of how easy it has been to cross check things. It comes off as frivolous.

Xigger

Smash Lord
So, I had a quick dream about Geno's reveal trailer. The caption was "Sakurai got the rights!", and his dash attack was turning into the Scarecrow status effect. Now I want scarecrow Geno in Smash.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Well, if Square doesn't usually "fart out names" (lol), then I guess some of them are actually lies told to Vergeben if Square hasn't changed...?

Hopefully Geno is real; no reason to lie about him.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Man, I keep striking out... Let me try again. There's not an actual list. It's the idea that a list of names was too easy to compile, like Square is just farting out names and making it really obvious because of how easy it has been to cross check things. It comes off as frivolous.
So, it's no different than Xander being given a huge amount of different names to announce so that even he doesn't know who the character picks are?

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
So, I had a quick dream about Geno's reveal trailer. The caption was "Sakurai got the rights!", and his dash attack was turning into the Scarecrow status effect. Now I want scarecrow Geno in Smash.
So he runs or dashes 12 feet away instantly like Fox and Falco? Because that would be awesome. Now I wish I had a dream about Geno's reveal! I see people on YouTube all the time talk about having a dream about Geno's reveal trailer.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Poisoned Bowser should be an alternate costume in smash. Purple and green look so good together

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well, if Square doesn't usually "fart out names" (lol), then I guess some of them are actually lies told to Vergeben if Square hasn't changed...?

Hopefully Geno is real; no reason to lie about him.
Hope I don't put my foot in my mouth but that's the idea. A "list" of names was compiled unusually quick and, yes, there's even some suspicion that some people (the contacts within/near Square, not people like Vergeben and Polar Panda) are flat out lying for whatever reason.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
So he runs or dashes 12 feet away instantly like Fox and Falco? Because that would be awesome. Now I wish I had a dream about Geno's reveal! I see people on YouTube all the time talk about having a dream about Geno's reveal trailer.
I had a dream back in August where there was a Geno reveal trailer in a direct, they were hyping it up huge and when he was finally revealed, it was just the Mii Costume from Smash 4. And the trailer continued as it normally would except that it was still just the Mii Costume and not actually Geno.

I was very upset when I woke up.

childishgamgeno

Smash Journeyman
Maybe a reason to lie about Geno is to troll people? And the hopeful? Sometimes ppl can be cruel. (And honestly look at the amount of "leaks" that included Geno this smash speculation season)

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Not sure if you guys know this, but S-E is extremely severe with leaks.
They do indeed lie to find out moles in the company and eliminate them from their position.
And from what Verge said himself in Gamefaqs, they're being very cautious with the info on the DLC character. It seems it would create a massive impact once shown. Hence why I think only Sephiroth and Geno are fit for this description, considering Sora is a no-go (I really think so too)

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
I had a dream back in August where there was a Geno reveal trailer in a direct, they were hyping it up huge and when he was finally revealed, it was just the Mii Costume from Smash 4. And the trailer continued as it normally would except that it was still just the Mii Costume and not actually Geno.

I was very upset when I woke up.
Gosh, that had to hurt. :/
At least it was only a dream and not reality. We know it's not a prophecy since there are no more Smash Directs and there's no sign of the Geno Mii costume. I guess you had to come back here to bring back the hope? That's what I usually do.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I had a recent trailer dream.

It actually takes place at the VGA's where (I think) Reggie comes out and starts talking about an upcoming title. I think his words were "We have a very exciting announcement for you all. We wish to please the fans with our games and we hope that all your wishes come true. Please take a look."

Proceeds to the reveal of Super Mario RPG 2. Clips of Mario exploring, fighting and meeting old faces such as Mallow. It ends with us not seeing Geno...
Mario and Mallow are walking down a road and we hear a familiar music motif...screen cuts off.

*Smash Screen*

Geno returns!

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Not sure if you guys know this, but S-E is extremely severe with leaks.
They do indeed lie to find out moles in the company and eliminate them from their position.
And from what Verge said himself in Gamefaqs, they're being very cautious with the info on the DLC character. It seems it would create a massive impact once shown. Hence why I think only Sephiroth and Geno are fit for this description, considering Sora is a no-go (I really think so too)
Don't tell me you think Crono wouldn't make a massive impact

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Let's be real it seems every character has "stuff going in their favor"

No disrespect to Jokerboys tho, TPC is one and he's a pal of mine so I support them
True. Every fanbase thinks this. I mean it in a different way though. I don't think he has a lot that makes him super likely. I think he has a lot that puts him in the running even though most consider him a pipe dream. I list him as expected in my signature to encourage myself not because I actually expect him.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Don't tell me you think Crono wouldn't make a massive impact
As much as I love Crono, he wouldn't make as big of an impact as those two.
Sephiroth is an all-time top villain with games that are to be launched that still feature him, while Geno has the potential of being revived anytime, specially with a Smash appearance.
Crono is cool, but we gotta be honest and admit he is quite niche. Not a lot of people of the last decade and a half know him that well, and the Crono series has been dead. Like the Mother series, iT's very unlikely to return anytime soon. And he has way less potential for S-E to gain anything from it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

As much as I love Crono, he wouldn't make as big of an impact as those two.
Sephiroth is an all-time top villain with games that are to be launched that still feature him, while Geno has the potential of being revived anytime, specially with a Smash appearance.
Crono is cool, but we gotta be honest and admit he is quite niche. Not a lot of people of the last decade and a half know him that well, and the Crono series has been dead. Like the Mother series, is very unlikely to return anytime soon.
Next year is the 30th anniversary of the Mother series, so there may be Mother 3 for Switch, or Earthbound Beginnings on the NES online. It's not as unlikely to return as you think. There was also an interview where Square Enix said they were working with Nintendo on bringing back past titles, so two of them could easily be Super Mario RPG and Chrono Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom