• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

KidCham

Smash Apprentice
Ehh by that logic any person into Dragon Ball would be buying Dragon Quest games... And they're definitely not doing that as much outside of Japan.
well there's a difference between rpgs and fighting games, the last one tends to appeal better to a dragon ball fan
the west doesn't really like turn based fights

childishgamgeno

Smash Journeyman

well that could be possible with a one hand fighting style

Only the Hero from Dragon Quest V is a problem
But Dragon Quest V is the most critically acclaimed, considered the best of all time with III, so you can't really get rid of him because he fights with a stick
even if western countries don't really like dragon quest, any person who likes dragon ball would buy this dlc

Last problem but not least though: amiibos, there would be 8 differents of them to make
Again, sure, but look at this.

EIGHT SEPARATE DQ heroes? I dont see it. Cloud was last and hardly shows up. And thats CLOUD. We already have 4 one hand sword fighters. Four. And to release this all? Packaged in one character?? For 5 dollars??? From Square??????? We couldn't even get the Geno Mii costume or Chocobo back or PNGs from FF 7 for free.

If anything, we somehow get ONE DQ hero with maybe ONE alternate costume. With the assumption really being maybe Erdrick and Erdrick in his "Luminary" armor.

Any person who likes dragon ball would buy the DLC sure...MAYBE, but anyone who likes Dragon Ball will know that this isnt Goku.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Ehh by that logic any person into Dragon Ball would be buying Dragon Quest games... And they're definitely not doing that as much outside of Japan.
well there's a difference between rpgs and fighting games, the last one tends to appeal better to a dragon ball fan
the west doesn't really like turn based fights
And they sure aren't buying the Dr. Slump manga, for how little exposure it gets in the West. France never even got the whole anime.

Last edited:

KidCham

Smash Apprentice
yeah it seems quite impossible and a lot of ressources for not so much of a price
Even if you sell those 8 characters for 5 dollars, how do you explain DLC number two to be just one character for also 5 dollars

HMpoweredMan

Smash Cadet
at least sephiroth would be a villain for a franchise instead of just another character that isnt relevant to smash or western audiences. idk why but i really like when we get new villain characters in smash
Erdrich is relevant though. I played all the NES Dragon Warrior games when I was a kid. To me Ragnar from Dragon Warrior IV was more iconic though.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Erdrich is relevant though. I played all the NES Dragon Warrior games when I was a kid. To me Ragnar from Dragon Warrior IV was more iconic though.
im very very hesitant to call anything dragon quest relevant in the west when practically no one i know outside of this site and a few friends even knows what it is

RingJ5

Smash Ace
That is some uber low expectations. We're not getting a Style Savvy rep, that's just silly. The cut content was probably a stage, and even if it wasn't, it was CUT. (that is, if any content was ever there to begin with. Some people are just assuming things based on **** we don't even really know.)

I could see the Monster Hunter thing possibly, but eight DQ heros? Nah.

Also once again, people continue to think Porky is a lock because spirits apparently disconfirm characters... Porky IS in a spirit. He's in the absolutely safe capsule. The reason porky himself isn't a spirit is because the capsule he's in is perfectly safe.

There are 2 seperate spirits of Pit. They're both just different art of Pit. One is NOT a fighter spirit. Can this whole "spirits disconfirm" thing die already?
do people genuinely believe style savvy is going to be in smash????
Would the DQ heroes even fit over each other? They have different proportions and, from what I've read people say, abilities.

Style Savvy outfits for Miis? Wouldn't they just include one...or none at all...? I'm sorry it just sounds Farfetch'd. I also think we'd only get one Monster Hunter armor style if you're talking about Miis with that one as well, and I really don't see why Monster Hunter wouldn't be included in the base-game if you mean playable character.

Dragon Kazooie would be cool, and...Metal Porky? Porky is only ever organic, the only metal stuff he has is his spider mech/bed mech.
I’m going off the idea that his character would always be in his mech, and predicting that’d there’d be a style to match his more “organic” mech from Earthbound.

Also, the costume slots have nothing to do with Miis. I just didn’t want to directly call them “character” slots because there’s a different one for each alternate costume(but not color) a(non-Mii) character has. For example, Bowser Jr. has 8, while Bayo, Ike, and Olimar each have 2.

Right now, the game has 29 empty slots on top of the 90 or so already filled, and as it seems from how Smash 4 handled them, it’s incredibly unlikely that they’re “future-proofing” by adding a bunch of extras on top of the ones they plan to use.

I know that Style Savvy seems quite unlikely, but being a fashion-based game it’d no doubt have totally different outfits for each alternate, which would fit those slots perfectly, as would Monster Hunter armor sets and DQ heroes.

Last edited:

childishgamgeno

Smash Journeyman
Not to bash on Dragon Quest at all (I loved 8), if DQ is so relevant and possible in Smash then why didnt Sakurai get a DQ costume instead of Geno?
Reminder that chairs from a kiddie web Nintendo show with :ultpiranha: as a co-host were recycled for the Direct. Either the biggest coincidence in the world, or the most subtle red herring.

To be fair, didn't he lightly mess with people's expectations in regards to Palutena in 4? Also, K. Rool did have some in-gameplay hints (NOT the barrel and ladder).

But I'm not talking about the windows at all, I'm referring to the video being played in reverse.
Definitely a coincidence IMO. It's Nintendo. If Sakurai had ever hinted at a character (which I dont think) it would be during a direct directly before the reveal.

I don't think so, I don't think there's any time he hinted at a fighter coming to Smash without actually telling us right after. Because if he did, the Smash community would speculate and go crazy and start messaging him and the team and flooding them. So I honestly don't see why the video in reverse would hint at a time travel character or any character for that matter.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Would they make Erdrick and the Luminary be sort of an Olimar/Alph situation? Their proportions aren't that different and they're both generic silent protagonist swordsmen with a similar spell list.
Olimar/Alph and Bowser Jr and the Koopalings make sense though because they exist at the same time. "Luminary" existed before Erdrick in the DQ timeline. Think about it like this: if the Smash team was against Marth and Lucina being the same character or even Pit and Dark Pit, why would they make this exception for a third party character? With Olimar/Alph, the main fighters are honestly the Pikmin anyways while for the Koopa Kids it's the Clown Copter. This is why I say if they're going to go for different variations, they'd go for the male and female versions of Erdrick ala Robin, Corrin, and Wii Fit.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Not to bash on Dragon Quest at all (I loved 8), if DQ is so relevant and possible in Smash then why didnt Sakurai get a DQ costume instead of Geno?

Definitely a coincidence IMO. It's Nintendo. If Sakurai had ever hinted at a character (which I dont think) it would be during a direct directly before the reveal.

I don't think so, I don't think there's any time he hinted at a fighter coming to Smash without actually telling us right after. Because if he did, the Smash community would speculate and go crazy and start messaging him and the team and flooding them. So I honestly don't see why the video in reverse would hint at a time travel character or any character for that matter.
Well, I guess that one mention on TV Tropes was wrong then:

Trolling Creator: Almost as bad as fellow developer Hideo Kojima. This tends to show up especially in stuff involving Super Smash Bros., being rather aware of fan speculation, and using that to mess with fans. For example, for Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS, he teased both fan favorite Ridley and the supposedly leaked Palutena several times in a very self-aware fashion, never doing reveals that outright confirmed or denied their playable presence for a long time.
  • It should be noted that objectively he's almost never been outright deceptive, the Zero Suit Samus quote above being the only time he's stated something false to get a reaction - and he came clean seconds later. Despite his reputation, he's usually more coy than outright manipulative
In any case, I'm just saying the reversal is the game's theme , not a hint towards a character reveal. The video played in reverse, the second half of the FD theme being played backwards,

the world of darkness being the inverse of the world of light

those are part of the game's possible motif of reversal.

Last edited:

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
For as much Sakurai has been honest about his words, he has also enjoyed playing things up for the sake of theatrics.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Style Savvy...I honestly wouldn't care if it had a playable character or not, but...that game? With a fighter...?

At least Wii Fit Trainer has silly yoga-pose attacks, what would a style savvy character do? Attack with clothes and whatever else?

Also, I don't think Sakurai has ever been deceptive about characters; he only hid Ridley because he thought it'd be a cool stage boss to tease, maybe, even though the segment was about stage bosses (so it was probably a stretch to say he wasn't a boss anyway), and the times we've considered him to be deceptive this time around were just the times we made up speculation and such so we could believe a character was coming.

Last edited:

childishgamgeno

Smash Journeyman
Well, I guess that one mention on TV Tropes was wrong then:
But...Ridley and Palutena DID show up in Smash Wii U... and it even says at the bottom that he's never been outright deceptive, he stated something to get a reaction, and then came clean. Whatever hints Sakurai may present, they are DIRECT and outright. And then he tells you. He's never as vague as a commercial in reverse.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Style Savvy...I honestly wouldn't care if it had a playable character or not, but...that game? With a fighter...?

At least Wii Fit Trainer has silly yoga-pose attacks, what would a style savvy character do? Attack with clothes and whatever else?
wii fit was actually something people know about, i didnt know style savvy was a thing before this thread and i dont know anyone else who knows what it is

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
But...Ridley and Palutena DID show up in Smash Wii U... and it even says at the bottom that he's never been outright deceptive, he stated something to get a reaction, and then came clean. Whatever hints Sakurai may present, they are DIRECT and outright. And then he tells you. He's never as vague as a commercial in reverse.
Okay, so why am I being quoted in the first place when this user was the one who showed the video:

I make an observation about some elements of the game being reversed, and somehow I was interpreted as talking about characters hints? I don't even get this conversation anymore. :dizzy:

Last edited:

HMpoweredMan

Smash Cadet
-Crono and a FF rep are unlikely because the Chrono Trigger and FF composer use the same composer, pretty much the same STIRCT guy who owns the FF7 tracks in Smash, AND the guy has been taking a hiatus since September.
This isn't quite accurate. Nobuo Uematsu is only credited on a few Chrono Trigger tracks and not any of the iconic ones that we'd expect to see if Crono was in Smash; such as the Main Theme, Epoch Theme, Black Omen, Battle Theme, Frog's Theme etc. These we're composed by Yasunori Mitsuda.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
wii fit was actually something people know about, i didnt know style savvy was a thing before this thread and i dont know anyone else who knows what it is
I don't even know it myself, I just saw the name and assumed it was that fashion game on the DS that my sister used to have (if she doesn't still have it somewhere).

edit: Honestly, if it is said DS game, it seems more like one of those games like Hanenbow or Snipperclips that get some small representation in Smash, but nothing like a playable character and sometimes not even an AT.

Last edited:

childishgamgeno

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so why am I being quoted in the first place when this user was the one who showed the video:

I make an observation about some elements of the game being reversed, and somehow I was interpreted as talking about characters hints? I don't even get this conversation anymore. :dizzy:
Oh, well, following the conversation here, the guy who posted the video seemed to say he thought that this was because it was hinting at Crono or Erdrick because those games have time travel. And you replied with "Definitely a theme of Reversal", so I assumed you agreed with him as it was hinting at characters. My response was honestly intended for how I disagreed that point but it wasn't aimed JUST at you. My bad fam.

Also, I don't think Sakurai has ever been deceptive about characters; he only hid Ridley because he thought it'd be a cool stage boss to tease, maybe, even though the segment was about stage bosses (so it was probably a stretch to say he wasn't a boss anyway), and the times we've considered him to be deceptive this time around were just the times we made up speculation and such so we could believe a character was coming.
I really don't think Style Savvy is an option. I know anything is possible. But. Come on.

Also going with your logic, it would make sense to tease at Ridley, because how hugely demanded Ridley was. Crono and Erdrick are not as hugely demanded as Ridley was, or even as hugely demanded as Geno is.

Last edited:

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
I think dragon quest may have an edge in us with its switch port next year but I still believe in geno making it in just for how long the smash fanbase has demanded for him after all these years.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Oh, well, following the conversation here, the guy who posted the video seemed to say he thought that this was because it was hinting at Crono or Erdrick because those games have time travel. And you replied with "Definitely a theme of Reversal", so I assumed you agreed with him as it was hinting at characters. My response was honestly intended for how I disagreed that point but it wasn't aimed JUST at you. My bad fam.
S'all right. One final thing before we get back on topic: when Sakurai tweeted about his red eyes, did he honestly have them? I honestly didn't see it.

I don't even know it myself, I just saw the name and assumed it was that fashion game on the DS that my sister used to have (if she doesn't still have it somewhere).

edit: Honestly, if it is said DS game, it seems more like one of those games like Hannenbow or Snipperclips that get some small representation in Smash, but nothing like a playable character and sometimes not even an AT.
Fun fact, I recently heard the Snipperclips devs are Smash fans themselves. Seeing a spirit of their creation must have been a dream come true.

Last edited:

domriver

Smash Lord
I... think I might have an idea as to the whole “29 costume slots remaining” thing, and it doesn’t look good. I’ll spoiler-tag it.

-Eight Monster Hunter armor styles
-Eight Style Savvy outfits
-Eight Dragon Quest Heroes
-Two styles for Porky, organic and metal
-Regular Kazooie and Dragon Kazooie
-And Piranha Plant makes 29.

It’s the only lineup I can think of that would perfectly fit that number, and as has been said before, Smash 4 ended up filling every last one of its’ slots. I’m still really hoping for Geno and would vastly prefer him to all five of these, but... like, I’m continually losing hope.
Delete this please. LOL xD :p

But Dragon Quest V is the most critically acclaimed, considered the best of all time with III, so you can't really get rid of him because he fights with a stick
even if western countries don't really like dragon quest, any person who likes dragon ball would buy this dlc

Last problem but not least though: amiibos, there would be 8 differents of them to make
Please shred this and don't make it visible - we can't give nintendo any ideas. LOL :p

Klimax

Smash Ace
-The total of 7 Square reps, sounds like a hint.

not to mention that he denied Japan's war crimes and is anti-LGBT, which is going to make Nintendo look bad.
Sorry but I think that you're looking way too deep. I can't see the "7 square reps" being a reference to the Seven Stars.

The guy's political opinions don't have anything to do with his music, we shouldn't pay attention to this.

I don't know what to think about Geno anymore, sometimes I feel optimistic, sometimes I feel like he's not going to be in the game. He has a ton of things going for him but I don't know, everything related to Smash is just disappoiting since august (except Ken and Incineroar) in my opinion. I hope for the best but to be honest, I'm more than ready for the worst.

But even with that mindset, I can't help but think that Geno is one of the few Square reps with Sora and Slime that wouldn't feel lame.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Honestly, if it is said DS game, it seems more like one of those games like Hannenbow or Snipperclips that get some small representation in Smash, but nothing like a playable character and sometimes not even an AT.
This is what I thought Style Savvy was going to be represented with, either a stage or music tracks; I believe it had music tracks in Smash 4. It is possible for music tracks and stages to not have a character or newcomer; Paper Mario and Hanenbow (Electroplankton stage) are perfect examples.

childishgamgeno

Smash Journeyman
I think dragon quest may have an edge in us with its switch port next year but I still believe in geno making it in just for how long the smash fanbase has demanded for him after all these years.
Honestly, while probable, (apparently DQB2 is coming west next year as well) that decision would confirm to me that putting DQ in Smash is simply a business move to get more people to buy DQ on Nintendo Consoles as opposed to other consoles. Which would suck, because it would literally bring nothing new to Smash. I think if Geno gets in, there should be an Erdrick Mii Costume (similar to Gil).

S'all right. One final thing before we get back on topic: when Sakurai tweeted about his red eyes, did he honestly have them? I honestly didn't see it.
Honestly, not sure? I know people were thinking this was a hint at Ridley. Which, if true, he revealed Ridley that day. I kind of just took it as the man was tired lol

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Switch port is happening but it's a big question mark as to when or if it'll even leave Japan. Generous estimates put DQ XI at about 800k outside Japan, most likely being Europe based on past games.

But, all in all, we're still left with what a liscensing mess this series is. Square Enix has the assets, Armor Project owns the assets, Bird Studio owns the characters, and Koichi Sugiyama owns the music and only permits midis outside Japan. It doesn't help that these characters have never appeared in a game that Square Enix didn't develop or publish despite its 30 year history. This, of course, circles back around to the point that not even Japanese fans are really requesting this series in Smash so why would they go through literally QUADRUPLE the effort of any other third party character to get them into Smash?

Last edited:

TheSixthSaint

Smash Rookie

DQ1's Hero ("Alef") would make a lot more sense to be represented like this:
https://i.imgtc.com/soK9EJz.png
That's the version they use far more since the armor and design is more iconic. An update to Dragon Quest Rivals recently added him too as part of a big update to the game:
http://www.dragonquest.jp/rivals/cardpack/5/

Just an observational suggestion, but wouldn't it technically make more sense to make Solo and Sofia part of the line-up of Heroes? She could take Madason's place since Madason is more sagey and has the monster helper aspect to him that'd make him feel off to be included with the others there.

Last edited:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Sorry but I think that you're looking way too deep. I can't see the "7 square reps" being a reference to the Seven Stars.

The guy's political opinions don't have anything to do with his music, we shouldn't pay attention to this.
I don't care about his political opinions, whatever floats his boat, but others will care... I mean, you saw what happened to Mr. Game and Watch, and that whole situation with Mr. Game and Watch being "racist" was completely ridiculous, he wasn't even being racist and they made Sakurai remove it. Also, he denied Japan's war crimes and is a strict composer to negotiate with. I don't think Nintendo would be up for working with a guy who denies Japan's war crimes, Nintendo knows this composer will make them look bad.

childishgamgeno

Smash Journeyman
DQ1's Hero ("Alef") would make a lot more sense
That's the version they use far more since the armor and design is more iconic. An update to Dragon Quest Rivals recently added him too as part of a big update to the game:
http://www.dragonquest.jp/rivals/cardpack/5/

Just an observational suggestion, but wouldn't it technically make more sense to make Solo and Sofia part of the line-up of Heroes? She could take Madason's place since Madason is more sagey and has the monster helper aspect to him that'd make him feel off to be included with the others there.
Tbh, I have no idea of any of these people you're talking about lol. However, the only names on the list are really Erdrick and Luminary, so if we're getting DQ, you're getting one of those guys, or a palette swap from one to the other.

Switch port is happening but it's a big question mark as to when or if it'll even leave Japan. Generous estimates put DQ XI at about 800k outside Japan, most likely being Europe based on past games.

But, all in all, we're still left with what a liscensing mess this series is. Square Enix has the assets, Armor Project owns the assets, Bird Studio owns the characters, and Koichi Sugiyama owns the music and only permits midis outside Japan. It doesn't help that these characters have never appeared in a game that Square Enix didn't develop or publish despite its 30 year history. This, of course, circles back around to the point that not even Japanese fans are really requesting this series in Smash so why would they go through literally QUADRUPLE the effort of any other third party character to get them into Smash?
This is true. And if theyre not even putting SORA in, whose widely more requested (and you had only the hoops of Disney and SE) why would a business jump through up to 5 more for one character who is less requested? Less requested AND more work?? (When Geno is LITERALLY SITTING RIGHT THERE)

paper roxy

Smash Ace
im pretty sure being anti lgbt and denying japanese war crimes is something more than just "polticial opinions"

if i was a company, id want nothing to do with someone like that because itd be an absolute nightmare in terms of reaction, especially as a family friendly company like nintendo

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
So looking at the Erdrick figure in the Square store, he has Armor Project, Bird Studio, and Square mentioned. Yet the figure for Slime only mentions Square. I'm guessing Slime is easier to get? It seems most here have already ruled Slime out, but I wouldn't.

Still, it seems Geno is the easiest to get. Slime would still have problems in terms of tracks.

TheSixthSaint

Smash Rookie

It's coming here. They'd already said in interviews it would be.
They released the PS4 and PC version here because they felt it didn't make sense to hold the game back entirely from releasing here until the Switch version was done. I don't know if it's been patched out since on PS4 and PC, but one of the loading screens accidentally list Nintendo buttons. Leading to the belief that the Switch localization has apparently already had work done on it.
The thing holding the Switch version back altogether were technical issues with UE4, and now they want the Japanese version to have voice acting for the Switch version, which requires redoing all the mouth flaps to match speaking Japanese.
They'd teased adding some other kind of exclusive content to the Switch version, too.

In short, the Switch version of Dragon Quest XI (Dragon Quest XI S) looks to be a worldwide release since the work's already been done on the localization thanks to the version that's already released plus whatever work they'd already been doin' behind the scenes.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865

I don't know what to think about Geno anymore, sometimes I feel optimistic, sometimes I feel like he's not going to be in the game. He has a ton of things going for him but I don't know, everything related to Smash is just disappoiting since august (except Ken and Incineroar) in my opinion. I hope for the best but to be honest, I'm more than ready for the worst.

But even with that mindset, I can't help but think that Geno is one of the few Square reps with Sora and Slime that wouldn't feel lame.
Agreed with paper roxy paper roxy , denying the Japanese war crimes is on a similar level to denying... the other uncool thing in World War 2 that I'm not sure I should mention. That's super awful. Plus, he's apparently super stingy about his music anyway. It would be a nightmare to get the rights, just for music from a game that isn't popular in America, composed by a guy who denies a horrible part of history being real. I'm not saying they WOULDN'T do it, but it seems like a bad move on all fronts.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Delete this please. LOL xD :p

Please shred this and don't make it visible - we can't give nintendo any ideas. LOL :p
They won't take the idea, SE won't let them use anything. :4pacman:

Honestly, while probable, (apparently DQB2 is coming west next year as well) that decision would confirm to me that putting DQ in Smash is simply a business move to get more people to buy DQ on Nintendo Consoles as opposed to other consoles. Which would suck, because it would literally bring nothing new to Smash. I think if Geno gets in, there should be an Erdrick Mii Costume (similar to Gil).

I kind of just took it as the man was tired lol
Seems like it. Weird expression to use tho.

DQ Mii costumes would make a lot of sense, honestly. Should be less of a hassle than using the actual character likenesses, right?

Agreed with paper roxy paper roxy , denying the Japanese war crimes is on a similar level to denying... the other uncool thing in World War 2 that I'm not sure I should mention. That's super awful. Plus, he's apparently super stingy about his music anyway. It would be a nightmare to get the rights, just for music from a game that isn't popular in America, composed by a guy who denies a horrible part of history being real. I'm not saying they WOULDN'T do it, but it seems like a bad move on all fronts.
At this rate, the only way anything will happen is if the man in question dies of old age. Not that I want to wish anyone's death, but...

Last edited:

paper roxy

Smash Ace
So looking at the Erdrick figure in the Square store, he has Armor Project, Bird Studio, and Square mentioned. Yet the figure for Slime only mentions Square. I'm guessing Slime is easier to get? It seems most here have already ruled Slime out, but I wouldn't.

Still, it seems Geno is the easiest to get. Slime would still have problems in terms of tracks.
yea but a common monster getting in before a series mascot doesnt really make sense. its like if we got genome soldiers in smash instead of snake, or if we got mets before megaman. sure mets or the genome soldiers are iconic in their own right (genome soldiers more or less for how goofy and dumb their ai is), but it wouldnt be right to add them before the main character

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I'd like to take a brief moment to point out that we very likely will get to 400 pages before SSBU releases in less than two weeks.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Olimar/Alph and Bowser Jr and the Koopalings make sense though because they exist at the same time. "Luminary" existed before Erdrick in the DQ timeline. Think about it like this: if the Smash team was against Marth and Lucina being the same character or even Pit and Dark Pit, why would they make this exception for a third party character? With Olimar/Alph, the main fighters are honestly the Pikmin anyways while for the Koopa Kids it's the Clown Copter. This is why I say if they're going to go for different variations, they'd go for the male and female versions of Erdrick ala Robin, Corrin, and Wii Fit.
The Smash team weren’t against Lucina being an alt for Marth, they were only differentiated when they gave Lucina a gameplay difference.

yea but a common monster getting in before a series mascot doesnt really make sense. its like if we got genome soldiers in smash instead of snake, or if we got mets before megaman. sure mets or the genome soldiers are iconic in their own right (genome soldiers more or less for how goofy and dumb their ai is), but it wouldnt be right to add them before the main character
Slime is undeniably the mascot though.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Like everyone else is saying, this isn't really political opinions. This is a key for bad reputation if Nintendo chooses to work with this guy. Denying WW2 crimes is literally evil, and the LGBT community are still humans, whether you like them or not, they're still human like us; they need to be treated with the same amount of respect as everyone. If this guy doesn't think like that, then that's his problem, not ours. We'd have to go through this composer, Armor Project, the people that own the characters, and so much more. As someone else said up above, Sora is easier to get than a DQ character, but Sora isn't in.

Geno is literally right there in the open, they've already got the rights to use him in the game. Just use Geno, the most requested Square rep for almost two decades that literally Sakurai and 90% of the Smash community wants; it's easy like walking two steps forward.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom