• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
I have a feeling you may be right and that I'll just waste my time watching the TGA. We probably won't know anything til PP is out.

Schrodinger's Spirit.

Announcement or no, it won't be a waste to watch TGA. I really feel its an event that needs to keep growing. It's pretty significant to have a growing Awards event for the gameing community and the more its taken seriously the better. That's what I think, anyways. =)

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
If your logic that Nintendo and Sakurai wouldn’t possibly be that tone deaf, then I have bad news and an amount of evidence to the contrary.

Always consider the reality where Geno is of no importance to Nintendo at all because him even being recognized relies on us as fans. Does he have a good shot from that support? Definitely. Does our community support mean Nintendo has been shown or cares at all? Not in the slightest.

Seriously I’m a massive Nintendo fan, but expecting anything more ham adequacy from a pr perspective from Nintendo I just kind of laugh at. For all the good the company does, they’re horridly tone deaf in a lot of ways, especially with regards to their reveals and online related infrastructure/“features.”

They make great games, and they’ve been doing better in recent history with a lot of things, but Nintendo tends to blunder lots of little things as a company that adds up over time. Just take the response to the Switch Online as a reality. People called that a distinctly Nintendo blunder, and they arguably made it even worse by saying they’d reveal more in the future a week before the service launched...
I'm not so sure. I genuinely don't mind the online service, but besides that controversy, every game with dlc they've done lately has had PHENOMENAL dlc that listened to fans. Octo expansion was straight up demanded, star allies dlc included the most popular characters in the franchise, and games like mario tennis aces have also had solid dlc.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I have a feeling you may be right and that I'll just waste my time watching the TGA. We probably won't know anything til PP is out.
Something I have been thinking about, could we see the next dlc character to be released along with Pirahna Plant?

I think it is likely and could happen.

Who could possibly be revealed along with them!? Hmmmmmm

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Something I have been thinking about, could we see the next dlc character to be released along with Pirahna Plant?

I'm pretty confident that, Since the Plant is gonna be Free until Jan 31, the P.P. is made for Feb, so expect the first DLC for late March - May.
Now, the announcement? Since they announced the piranha now we may get a n-3 (Months) announce. Like on December/January

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Announcement or no, it won't be a waste to watch TGA. I really feel its an event that needs to keep growing. It's pretty significant to have a growing Awards event for the gameing community and the more its taken seriously the better. That's what I think, anyways. =)
That's fair. I did at least get to see a deserving game win the last time I saw the show. :ultinkling:

And it'll be a better watch than X018, need to wash off the bad taste I got from that nonsense.

Food for thought there. They'd have to try hard to keep that a surprise tho. :shyguy:

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I'm not so sure. I genuinely don't mind the online service, but besides that controversy, every game with dlc they've done lately has had PHENOMENAL dlc that listened to fans. Octo expansion was straight up demanded, star allies dlc included the most popular characters in the franchise, and games like mario tennis aces have also had solid dlc.
Not minding the current state of online is what gets us in trouble. The whole $20 excuse is and always has been bull****. The ONLY thing it gets us is access to a small catalogue of NES games that they clearly have little intention of putting much effort into (3 NES games a month is an absolutely abysmal way to do this).

The ability to back up saves is a standard on the other consoles for free, and they don’t even allow for save backups with a non-factor excuse of save scumming. Especially when something like Splatoon 2 should be server side and is horrifyingly not. They’re not developing any things like dedicated servers with that money and haven’t really shown any proof to do much of anything with their online.

And then they still force everything through the app that would actually be of help. It’s ****ing absurd I have to use discord with a modern gaming console in 2018 and the Wii U had more online features including messaging and video chat.

Both Xbox Live and PSN offer constant discounts of note and several free titles throughout the year even with their much higher $60 price tag.

The value in Nintendo’s online is just non existent and clearly a money grab because they see that others have done it. We as a community definitely need to make more of a fuss about this in my mind, but oh well.

And Splatoon 2, Mario Tennis Aces, and Kirby all fall under the model of being sort of rushed and filled in later with additional content. The Octo expansion might have been an excellent piece of DLC, and they’re more committed than most to offering content for free in an industry where things are often much worse, but I don’t love the sort of games as a service model they’ve gone with for most of these. Kirby especially feels like it should have had a bit more on launch...

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate , I’d like to be put on the list of supporters please. :)

I won’t buy the online service until Super Smash Brothers Ultimate comes out, but what’s really going to encourage people to buy the Nintendo Switch online service is if or when they add SNES or N64 games to the Switch.

If I see Castlevania (NES) coming for the online service, I’m definitely getting it. I find it ridiculous how they only release three NES games per month; in my opinion, they should be releasing AT LEAST ten games per month. I’m surprised Castlevania isn’t on the NES online service, but I’ll definitely get it if they add it soon. And please, if they add SNES to the online service, make sure Super Mario RPG is one of the first games on there. Playing SMRPG on the Switch would be amazing. <3

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate , I’d like to be put on the list of supporters please. :)

I won’t buy the online service until Super Smash Brothers Ultimate comes out, but what’s really going to encourage people to buy the Nintendo Switch online service is if or when they add SNES or N64 games to the Switch.

If I see Castlevania (NES) coming for the online service, I’m definitely getting it. I find it ridiculous how they only release three NES games per month; in my opinion, they should be releasing AT LEAST ten games per month. I’m surprised Castlevania isn’t on the NES online service, but I’ll definitely get it if they add it soon. And please, if they add SNES to the online service, make sure Super Mario RPG is one of the first games on there. Playing SMRPG on the Switch would be amazing. <3
That’s what kills me on the NES games. They haven’t even picked good choices from the NES. They have The Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Bros 1 and 3, and Metroid... and that’s about it with a side offering of the likes of Dr Mario. That’s all for first party stuff.

If you like third party, it’s really only Gradius and Double Dragon. Ghosts N’ Goblins if you’re a proper masochist I guess.

Just where’s the rest and why are the immediate choices coming up of such little note?

They did this same bull**** with the previous two Virtual Consoles as well, but they at least went as far as to offer SNES games and other consoles pretty quickly and early on. This new classic games model is such a terrible one that I really can’t stand that it’s basically the crutch of their entire online service as a product...

D

Deleted member

That’s what kills me on the NES games. They haven’t even picked good choices from the NES. They have The Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Bros 1 and 3, and Metroid... and that’s about it with a side offering of the likes of Dr Mario. That’s all for first party stuff.

If you like third party, it’s really only Gradius and Double Dragon. Ghosts N’ Goblins if you’re a proper masochist I guess.

Just where’s the rest and why are the immediate choices coming up of such little note?

They did this same bull**** with the previous two Virtual Consoles as well, but they at least went as far as to offer SNES games and other consoles pretty quickly and early on. This new classic games model is such a terrible one that I really can’t stand that it’s basically the crutch of their entire online service as a product...
I would love Earthbound Beginnings to be on the NES online. Next year is the 30th anniversary after all, and the perfect way to advertise that game would be by adding the protagonist of the game, Ninten, as DLC!

ZelDan

Smash Master
They should put Star Tropics 1 and 2 on the online service. Also Contra and Super C. Kirby's Adventure, while not one of my favorite Kirby games, would be a nice nolstagic revisit. If they want to be extra cool put translated versions of the FE NES games.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Tbh, I don't expect a Smash fighter announcement at the VGAs. I have like this gut feeling it'll be like in early next year (probably in a Direct or Direct Mini that happens sometime between January - early March).

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I hate everything about Nintendo's approach to retro games this generation. It doubly stings because they were absolute champs during their first foray into digitally reselling e-shop games. They released at a brisk pace ( at least they did at first ) and while there were a few glaring omissions, the library was huge as were the selections of different consoles.

I'd rather just not have retro games as a bonus for online membership at all if it means we only get NES games, the same games they've re-released the last two console generations, at a much slower pace. And the Classic Edition consoles, while they're cool ( and easy to hack ) are not really a proper solution. Most people would probably prefer all their games in one place than need to hook up two different plug n plays that also have some big omissions.

Anyway... Geno you guys. Geno.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Not minding the current state of online is what gets us in trouble. The whole $20 excuse is and always has been bull****. The ONLY thing it gets us is access to a small catalogue of NES games that they clearly have little intention of putting much effort into (3 NES games a month is an absolutely abysmal way to do this).

The ability to back up saves is a standard on the other consoles for free, and they don’t even allow for save backups with a non-factor excuse of save scumming. Especially when something like Splatoon 2 should be server side and is horrifyingly not. They’re not developing any things like dedicated servers with that money and haven’t really shown any proof to do much of anything with their online.

And then they still force everything through the app that would actually be of help. It’s ****ing absurd I have to use discord with a modern gaming console in 2018 and the Wii U had more online features including messaging and video chat.

Both Xbox Live and PSN offer constant discounts of note and several free titles throughout the year even with their much higher $60 price tag.

The value in Nintendo’s online is just non existent and clearly a money grab because they see that others have done it. We as a community definitely need to make more of a fuss about this in my mind, but oh well.

And Splatoon 2, Mario Tennis Aces, and Kirby all fall under the model of being sort of rushed and filled in later with additional content. The Octo expansion might have been an excellent piece of DLC, and they’re more committed than most to offering content for free in an industry where things are often much worse, but I don’t love the sort of games as a service model they’ve gone with for most of these. Kirby especially feels like it should have had a bit more on launch...

Now, could you imagine if Mr. Iwata was setting up the online system? He’d definitely do it right. Mr. Iwata WAS a gamer and knew the RIGHT way on pleasing us fans for many years. These two recent presidents of Nintendo don’t satisfy me, nor do I like them, especially the current one right now; they leave a bad taste in my mouth because they’re businessmen that are only in it for the money, they weren’t gamers and caring like Mr. Iwata. Gosh, I miss him so much. Mr. Iwata really pleased me with Super Mario Galaxy and Super Paper Mario.

But if I were in control of the online system, here’s what I would do:

1. Put many fan-favorite NES games on the online system, and AT LEAST try to add 10-15 fan-favorites every month. (Seriously, where is Castlevania? That’s my favorite NES game.)

2. Make Cloud Saves free; I find it ridiculous how you have to pay to keep your stuff free. My friend’s Switch broke and he didn’t have the online service, so he didn’t save his stuff and basically lost all of his progress and couldn’t back. Was he pissed? Yep, I would be, too. And if Xbox and PlayStation have theirs free, then it should be the same with Nintendo.

3. Game discounts with the online service.

4. Seriously, why is there even a Nintendo app? Don’t we have mics on our Switch consoles already? If not, use any headphones or earbuds you got, or don’t even use voice chat at all.

5. I would discontinue the production of the SNES Classic if this were to happen, but... Add SNES games to the online service, the fan-favorite ones. For the grand start, I’d add 25 games, and for every month at least ten.

Bonus: Make the joycons cheaper because $80 is ridiculous.

D

Deleted member

Geno vs Mallow vs Anime Swordsman vs Generic Enemy

These are the possibilities for the Square Enix rep, folks

ChoccyStar

Smash Apprentice
Talking about DLC, how often do you expect the releases to be? 3 months each would put 5 characters at 15 dev months in total, which would line the releases as Feb19-May19-Aug19-Nov19-Feb20.

Don't know how PP would fit in there though, but its gameplay video looked pretty complete so I would assume it is almost finished and they've begun development of the first DLC since the Direct.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Talking about DLC, how often do you expect the releases to be? 3 months each would put 5 characters at 15 dev months in total, which would line the releases as Feb19-May19-Aug19-Nov19-Feb20.

Don't know how PP would fit in there though, but its gameplay video looked pretty complete so I would assume it is almost finished and they've begun development of the first DLC since the Direct.
I would say your timeline sounds realistic, but didn't they say PP would likely be released in February during the direct? I mean maybe they could release 2 characters in the same month, but who knows if they'd hold off till March just to space things out/have more dev time.

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord

You know, you should really try letting yourself be positive about something, anything, for once. I worry for your health being this negative constantly.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

Oh, but don't ya know? We can't criticize Nintendo for anything, otherwise we're being ungrateful, whiny brats and should be ashamed of ourselves. Never mind that we are, in fact, paying customers and Nintendo isn't exactly running a charity here, we don't deserve Nintendo and have no right to complain, even if they fail to improve their services after charging extra for them! /s
Yeah, I kind of hate that attitude regarding the Online service, or anything Nintendo-related in general (see: the 11/1 Smash Direct) and am glad it's mostly dissipated in the months since its launch. The fact that the most positive thing anyone can really say about the Switch Online service is "well, at least it's only 20 dollars!" says a lot about the service itself, and that the extra dough they're making from this decision is going seemingly nowhere towards improving the Online service itself in any way is just salt in the wound.
And what sucks the most is that we, as Smash fans, are gonna have to fork over the cash for it whether we like it or not, unless we happen to live in a commune filled with other Smash fans.
Oh yeah, Geno and all that.

Last edited:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
You know, you should really try letting yourself be positive about something, anything, for once. I worry for your health being this negative constantly.
I agree about looking on the positive side, but they have a point. The online service hasn’t been giving us good benefits, so they have a right to be angry at Nintendo with their dull beneficial deals; either way, there’s gonna be a positive and negative side. The last month, they released three games that didn’t please anyone, and this month, one of the three games they released that got the most love was Metroid. Releasing three NES games every month is kind of a joke, considering that there’s many NES games that can easily be ported every month to the Switch. **cough** Castlevania. **cough**

In a way, the online service was totally fine before we had to pay for it, and now it’s like people are paying for free online this time. I can definitely tell Mr. Iwata didn’t want Nintendo to have an online system; he knew we were already fine with the Wii’s system of casually buying games, buying stuff from the Wii Shop, Virtual Console, etc., so Mr. Iwata did the same with the Wii U. Virtual Console on the Wii and Wii U at least gave us a ton of fan-favorite games fast compared to the Switch. I also have a feeling it was the previous president that wanted an online system and Virtual Console gone for good. The guy never put a smile on his face, he just never seemed happy being the president. Unlike him, Mr. Iwata always put a smile on his face when he was doing lectures; he was actually a businessman that developed games for fun, and he always put his heart into making games he developed... but this guy, he was just a plain businessman that didn’t show the same spirit as Iwata did. I’m gonna say it again, I miss Mr. Iwata and his positive attitude towards us fans. The only ones at Nintendo that seem to care about the fans are Koizumi, Miyamoto and Reggie. Businessmen that don’t care about their communities really are the worst. The previous president of Nintendo really reminds me of Akainu from One Piece.

Oh, but don't ya know? We can't criticize Nintendo for anything, otherwise we're being ungrateful, whiny brats and should be ashamed of ourselves. Never mind that we are, in fact, paying customers and Nintendo isn't exactly running a charity here, we don't deserve Nintendo and have no right to complain, even if they fail to improve their services after charging extra for them! /s
Yeah, I kind of hate that attitude regarding the Online service, or anything Nintendo-related in general (see: the 11/1 Smash Direct) and am glad it's mostly dissipated in the months since its launch. The fact that the most positive thing anyone can really say about the Switch Online service is "well, at least it's only 20 dollars!" says a lot about the service itself, and that the extra dough they're making from this decision is going seemingly nowhere towards improving the Online service itself in any way is just salt in the wound.
And what sucks the most is that we, as Smash fans, are gonna have to fork over the cash for it whether we like it or not, unless we happen to live in a commune filled with other Smash fans.
Oh yeah, Geno and all that.
I hope I didn’t sound negative about this comment, I apologize if I did. BUT I agree, $20 is such an amazing price. I’m gonna be buying it either way when Smash Ultimate comes, but still, I agree with the fact that they should offer better benefits with the online system.

And yes, back to our beloved doll, Geno. :)

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I agree about looking on the positive side, but they have a point. The online service hasn’t been giving us good benefits, so they have a right to be angry at Nintendo with their dull beneficial deals; either way, there’s gonna be a positive and negative side. The last month, they released three games that didn’t please anyone, and this month, one of the three games they released that got the most love was Metroid. Releasing three NES games every month is kind of a joke, considering that there’s many NES games that can easily be ported every month to the Switch. **cough** Castlevania. **cough**

In a way, the online service was totally fine before we had to pay for it, and now it’s like people are paying for free online this time. I can definitely tell Mr. Iwata didn’t want Nintendo to have an online system; he knew we were already fine with the Wii’s system of casually buying games, buying stuff from the Wii Shop, Virtual Console, etc., so Mr. Iwata did the same with the Wii U. Virtual Console on the Wii and Wii U at least gave us a ton of fan-favorite games fast compared to the Switch. I also have a feeling it was the previous president that wanted an online system and Virtual Console gone for good. The guy never put a smile on his face, he just never seemed happy being the president. Unlike him, Mr. Iwata always put a smile on his face when he was doing lectures; he was actually a businessman that developed games for fun, and he always put his heart into making games he developed... but this guy, he was just a plain businessman that didn’t show the same spirit as Iwata did. I’m gonna say it again, I miss Mr. Iwata and his positive attitude towards us fans. The only ones at Nintendo that seem to care about the fans are Koizumi, Miyamoto and Reggie. Businessmen that don’t care about their communities really are the worst. The previous president of Nintendo really reminds me of Akainu from One Piece.

I hope I didn’t sound too negative about my previous comment, I apologize if I did. BUT I agree, $20 is such an amazing price. I’m gonna be buying it either way when Smash Ultimate comes, but still, I agree with the fact that they should offer better benefits with the online system.

And yes, back to our beloved doll, Geno. :)
The online service does suck, I wasn’t saying he was wrong.

You haven’t been around here long but that guy never has anything positive to say about anything

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
The online service does suck, I wasn’t saying he was wrong.

You haven’t been around here long but that guy never has anything positive to say about anything
I didn’t mean to make it seem like you were wrong, but I agree, I’d give it a 4/10 at the moment. Yikes, that is not good and very bad for our health.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
I got the feeling that they don't release NES and SNES game on the eshop because... NES Mini and SNES Mini.
Yeah , bad move.

To be honest , I have a Switch , but I still doesn't have any Nintendo game... The online service , + the Price of their games... Man , I like Nintendo , but I just can't support them sometimes. (I almost hate them for keeping using the same franchises over and over... Fire Emblem , Mario , LoZ , Kirby... No Starfox , no Pikmin , no F-Zero , no Mother 3 , no Kid Icarus , ect ... It's like a good third of their franchises don't matter to them because they won't give them 10 millions copies sold in under a week... Urgh... )

Anyway , Geno. His chances look pretty good... But there is one way we could get Mallow...

Mallow as an echo fighter of Cloud.

(I'm sorry about that , but nobody did the joke... XD )

Also this lol

Last edited:

djgwiz

Smash Apprentice
How many pieces of official Geno art even exist anyway?
There's his original SMRPG art that appears as an online icon in SSBU.
And what else? There was a puzzle promoting SMRPG that I think featured him and.... I can't think of anything else. Anyone got anything?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think we're past the 600 mark for spirits and still no Geno and, even if he is found, it's now getting to the point where it's probable that he'd literally be the only Square Enix character as one. Another firewall: if Geno's a spirit, it was probably a way to have him involved in World of Light/Spirits mode at launch, not a TKO like people are suggesting. I feel like he'd be different from Shantae because there's a 200% chance it would be the Mii Gunner costume. If he was represented by, say, Megaman or Ness, that would be a bad sign.

Leeoon

Smash Rookie

So we now know that there are indeed SE spirits in the game, and Geno hasn't been spotted as one.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
A small music transition that originated in SMRPG has been found in a new track from Ultimate.

Looks like they might already have the music rights negotiated, which is a good sign.
Sasuga, Koji Kondo.

How many pieces of official Geno art even exist anyway?
There's his original SMRPG art that appears as an online icon in SSBU.
And what else? There was a puzzle promoting SMRPG that I think featured him and.... I can't think of anything else. Anyone got anything?
There was a Japan-only game guide, if I recall correctly.

I got the feeling that they don't release NES and SNES game on the eshop because... NES Mini and SNES Mini.
Yeah , bad move.

To be honest , I have a Switch , but I still doesn't have any Nintendo game... The online service , + the Price of their games... Man , I like Nintendo , but I just can't support them sometimes. (I almost hate them for keeping using the same franchises over and over... Fire Emblem , Mario , LoZ , Kirby... No Starfox , no Pikmin , no F-Zero , no Mother 3 , no Kid Icarus , ect ... It's like a good third of their franchises don't matter to them because they won't give them 10 millions copies sold in under a week... Urgh... )

Anyway , Geno. His chances look pretty good... But there is one way we could get Mallow...

Mallow as an echo fighter of Cloud.

(I'm sorry about that , but nobody did the joke... XD )

Also this lol
As far as Sakurai's concerned, KI is done.

In any case, with the Switch's lifespan set to be lasting a good while, the complaints about online will have to reach them eventually.

Last edited:

TBone06

Smash Ace

RingJ5

Smash Ace
I have a gut feeling this is someone grasping at straws. The transition is so short, it’s really hard to tell for certain that is in fact from SMRPG. Is the person posting this just a random or do they have some credibility?
It isn’t anything to do with credibility or leaks, they back up their claims by linking the other versions of the song, where that bit doesn’t appear. The “looks like they might have the rights” part of my post was just my personal speculation, not something they said.

Last edited:

TBone06

Smash Ace
It isn’t anything to do with credibility or leaks, they back up their claims by linking the other versions of the song, where that bit doesn’t appear. The “looks like they might have the rights” part of my post was just my personal speculation, not something they said.
It’s certainly possible, I’m not disputing that. It does have the distinct sound, but it’s so quick. Anyways I hope they had to get the rights because that would be a good sign.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm not usually one for polls but here's another one where Geno's actually first out of nearly 100 characters. The sample size is about half of your typical Reddit Smash poll but it's good to see that people are still largely optimistic:

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2018...most-excited-see-dlc-super-smash-bros-ultimat /

On to other things, I've been thinking of Sakurai's words regarding DLC. I know it was a translation but he described the Fighter Pass as an "investment." This choice of words is interesting because it heavily implied that the purpose of it is mostly to cater to the people who already bought the game, not attract new people to buy the game. This is supported by the fact that you can upfront buy it without knowing literally any of the content. To me, this exemplifies confidence. This brings a picture in my head of Sakurai leaning back in an office chair, hands behind his head, with a smug smirk on his face. "You might not like everything but you're going to love it overall."

This being said, what would be a good first character to show as DLC? Smash fans bought the game and they're hungry for more, how do you best cater to this clientele? We've already seen it with Smash 4. Like I said the other day, there was literally no reason for Mewtwo to come back aside from fan demand. He was cut in Brawl and terrible in Melee, why would any casual fans care if he came back as is? Lo and behold, prepatch Mewtwo was hot garbage but the Smash fanbase was estatic because Nintendo listened and gave Nintendo a reliable hook and consumer confidence for the rest of DLC.

So, breaking it down, what would be an ideal character to reveal first to bode confidence? We've seen it with other Smash games too. Brawl kicked the door off the hinges with Metaknight, Wario, and Pit, all popular choices, and threw in some flash bangs with Snake. Fast forward to Smash 4: Villager, super popular franchise not yet represented and was thought to be impossible, and MF Megaman, the most popular third party pick at the time bar none. Go to Ultimate: Everyone is Here, Daisy (a character Sakurai had openly turned down multiple times since Melee), and "No Dream too Big" Ridley. If there's one thing you can credit with, it's grabbing our attention and sometimes holding it for literal years with a single trailer.

So, going back, what kind of traits do these first reveal characters typically have?
They're popular and have a notable history in the Smash fan base, even if casuals DGAF. There's your hook. If you want Smash fans to be confident in DLC, you have to cater to them. Sure, you can throw in your Ryus and Corrins but that confidence has to be built if you want them to care, highlighting why a strong start is extremely important.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I have a gut feeling this is someone grasping at straws. The transition is so short, it’s really hard to tell for certain that is in fact from SMRPG. Is the person posting this just a random or do they have some credibility?
I don't think the OP is grasping at straws or trying to say this means anything for Geno, jut pointing out that it's interesting, which it indeed is

Datboigeno

Smash Lord

domriver

Smash Lord
From the comment section:

“The general public would probably be alot more interested in minecraft steve then some character they've never heard of that came from an RPG on the SNES.”

*vomits*
lol. On the contrary I think new young ones will probably want to find out who/what Geno is all about.. thus making them purchase SMRPG giving more money to Nin.. its all coming together people. lol

EDIT:

Guys all the "NEW" symbols are OFF from the smash website? :O xD

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I think since Bowser's theme has always been a Mario song, it doesn't really point to any signs at Geno. Songs (especially with remixes for Smash Bros) have found ways to always reinvent themselves. I mean, you were just going to make a 30 second loop an actual in game song so a composure will find ways to make it seem more interesting. Mega Man 2's Air Man theme has an extended introduction in Smash 4 so I don't see it as a nod to SMRPG just yet. That small transition is missing a vital piece that made it the best version either way.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229

Mostly a Skull Kid fanmade trailer , but Geno is in it. This storyboard was pretty good tbh.

Also , if we got a in-game cutsene for Geno DLC , I just want him to blast off Cloud with Geno beam like "Now It's my time anime boy." and then the splash screen.

but Square Enix would say no anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom