• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
At this point if we don't have something as crazy as Banjo waiting in the wings Geno is probably being saved as the final reveal.
Which while it might suck having to wait the longest, once it happens I think we'll all be happy for it seeing how much of an honor it will be.
Also I kinda wanna see him come up after the next unique because whoever is next will forever be number 69 ,:\

You’re right Geno doesn’t deserve that kind of humiliation, he needs a better number. :lol: But as long as he makes it, that’s what really matters.

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
You’re right Geno doesn’t deserve that kind of humiliation, he needs a better number. :lol: But as long as he makes it, that’s what really matters.
70 would be beyond perfect for him, what with the 7 stars and all. Incineroar should be 69--that number fits a wrestler way better.:laugh:

But I agree, he could be number 666 for all I care, long as he's in.

D

Deleted member

69 or anything is fine, just hope Geno is in I think he's in no doubt.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
70 would be beyond perfect for him, what with the 7 stars and all. Incineroar should be 69--that number fits a wrestler way better.:laugh:

But I agree, he could be number 666 for all I care, long as he's in.
Plus, Incineroar is nasty.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
A cool idea for Story mode is that you play as a nameless spirit that goes between the different trophies of the characters to bring them to life in your quest to defeat the villain. At the end of the game the spirit inhabits the Geno doll body and is revealed as that character!

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
A cool idea for Story mode is that you play as a nameless spirit that goes between the different trophies of the characters to bring them to life in your quest to defeat the villain. At the end of the game the spirit inhabits the Geno doll body and is revealed as that character!
I would love that.

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
Dropping by from the Shantae thread to wish you guys luck! Out of curiosity, what would be the best way to play SMRPG?

Last edited:

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Dropping by from the Shantae thread to wish you guys luck! Out of curiosity, what would be the best way to play SMRPG?
If you have an original SNES, do that. Otherwise, if you have it on the VC on Wii or WiiU, it's good.
Then SNES classic.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
That’s a really awesome concept for Story Mode. :grin:

There are four ways: If you have an original SNES laying around, you can play it on the cartridge, though these days some SNES cartridges can be quite expensive, you can also play it through the Wii or Wii U Virtual Consoles, and last but not least, you can play the game on the SNES Classic if you were able to get one, but shouldn’t be too hard now that they’re kind of popping up more than they were a year ago.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Wait, isn't that kinda DBFZ's story mode?

TBone06

Smash Ace
If you don't have any of the method's skydogc skydogc said, I downloaded SNES9X on my laptop. I don't have my SNES as it was my mom's and when I bought my house I wasn't able to take it. I find the emulator is great. So if you don't have any of the consoles or VC's, the emulator is more than sufficient.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Wait, isn't that kinda DBFZ's story mode?
At least it's tried and tested, lol.

Makes way more sense with Geno, honestly. It is an interesting coincidence that his whole gimmick is possessing dolls, and Smash has a history of figures/dolls/toys coming to life. Sakurai HAS to have noticed that.

*Verrix*

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys just wanted to add my name to the supporters list. Geno is my number one most wanted character to be in Ultimate, I hope he gets confirmed soon the uncertainty is starting to get unbearable!

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Hey guys just wanted to add my name to the supporters list. Geno is my number one most wanted character to be in Ultimate, I hope he gets confirmed soon the uncertainty is starting to get unbearable!
As do all of us, welcome to the support forum for Geno. :)

At least it's tried and tested, lol.

Makes way more sense with Geno, honestly. It is an interesting coincidence that his whole gimmick is possessing dolls, and Smash has a history of figures/dolls/toys coming to life. Sakurai HAS to have noticed that.
I’m sure he has and if Geno is in the game, it would make sense if the Story Mode is like that.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well geno is a 'spirit', so he'd definitely fit right in the story mode.
I do really hope something like that would be the case :)

Any reveal of him is good enough though :D

Also, forgot to say congrats for passing the Ashley thread a few pages back.
way to go :)

Last edited:

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
There are four ways: If you have an original SNES laying around, you can play it on the cartridge, though these days some SNES cartridges can be quite expensive, you can also play it through the Wii or Wii U Virtual Consoles, and last but not least, you can play the game on the SNES Classic if you were able to get one, but shouldn’t be too hard now that they’re kind of popping up more than they were a year ago.
Or there's a fifth way...emulate it. :3

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
View attachment 168406
Anybody know what this is?
Now THAT is interesting.

Seems kinda intricate to be a fake. Wishful thinking, but yeah. I'm curious as to what that background is...if it's fake, that might be a giveaway.

Edit: hmm...is it just me, or does the right side of that picture look like it could be an HD updated version of this bedroom desk?
Screenshot_20181006-074541.png

You can sorta make out the books, next to the open window (the sunlight washing it out.) The edge of a table or desk also seems to be there. And there's plenty of blue for the curtains...

It could be anything, but I'm sorta feeling the Smash 64 opening Geno reveal may happen. And if this is leaked now, then Geno is definitely next. Gotta contain the hype, lol...

What do you all think? Am I just insane, here?

Last edited:

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
Got my Geno Blast shirt today! Looks just as awesome as I could've hoped. :grin:View attachment 168390
Gorgeous looking shirt, genobro! My Blast shirt arrived yesterday as well, but unfortunately it turned up with some of the colours appearing to be whited out. Thankfully, after a quick email to customer service they've reordered the shirt for me at no charge, so all is fine and lovely!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
That would kind of remind me of R.O.B.'s role in Subspace Emissary. Except, he wouldn't be working for the bad guys for half of the story.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
I’m calling fake. Partly cuz that model just doesn’t look that great imo.

Also as much as I’d like to think that was the background from smash 64’s opening as it would confirm my hope that his trailer is a throwback to it...idk I just don’t see it.

Another reason is, and can’t remember if i or someone else mentioned this awhile back, but I’m starting to think we’re not gonna have any credible leaks of geno with Vergeben’s statements about sqaures eagerness to fire someone in an instant, unless it happens by way of the esrb again or someone on Nintendo’s end, i can’t see it, if we had one by now we’d surely have heard of someone losing their job over it and square quickly doing some damage control. But we haven’t. It’s why i also now feel certain that one popular image that none could really confirm is fake or not, most likely is fake.

I just don’t see us getting geno’s confirmation until Nintendo and square are ready.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
View attachment 168406
Anybody know what this is?
That looks to be an animation of sorts...
Palutena had an anime style reveal...
So I was reading about this in the Skull Kid thread, but apparently there is a private event going on this Sunday....
During Sm4sh, Pac-Man was revealed behind closed doors...
Hype responsibly.

Last edited:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Where is everybody getting this T-shirt you all've been going on about?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Back when this game was first revealed, Geno felt like a Pipe Dream, even after Ridley was revealed I thought that Geno was an unlikely addition and just shrugged the idea of him being in the game as me getting too hopeful.

Yet now as we reach ever closer to the release of the game, I have a feeling that the dream character may finally make a playble appearance, after Ridley and King K. Rool were revealed as playable characters I have a feeling that the third of the highly requested characters will make his way into the game. I don't just think he'll make it into the game it this point, I'm certain he'll make it into the game.

TL;DR: put me on the supporters list.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Now THAT is interesting.

Seems kinda intricate to be a fake. Wishful thinking, but yeah. I'm curious as to what that background is...if it's fake, that might be a giveaway.

Edit: hmm...is it just me, or does the right side of that picture look like it could be an HD updated version of this bedroom desk?
View attachment 168416
You can sorta make out the books, next to the open window (the sunlight washing it out.) The edge of a table or desk also seems to be there. And there's plenty of blue for the curtains...

It could be anything, but I'm sorta feeling the Smash 64 opening Geno reveal may happen. And if this is leaked now, then Geno is definitely next. Gotta contain the hype, lol...

What do you all think? Am I just insane, here?
I was looking at the original Geno leak from way back and comparing the two. There are slight differences to there model, but I think I am right to say that this new one is drawn animation of some kind.
DmHhz46U0AAJKR8.jpg
1538807794664s.jpg
This new leak could be a transition into the old one. It's though to say, but I am hopeful.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
That looks to be an animation of sorts...
Palutena had an anime style reveal...
So I was reading about this in the Skull Kid thread, but apparently there is a private event going on this Sunday....
During Sm4sh, Pac-Man was revealed behind closed doors...
Hype responsibly.
A private event? Say what??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom