• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

New picture eh? Could mean something, hope it does.

Haven't seen it before but I'll be cautious. But maybe from Geno's unveil trailer?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The 4chan thread with the leak says "sorry genobros."
Why?

Also, I can't tell if it's real or fake, and why are his eyes black?

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well geno is a 'spirit', so he'd definitely fit right in the story mode.
I do really hope something like that would be the case :)
I honestly like the idea of Geno being the key to winning like Captain Marvel will be in Avengers 4.

Basically that's how I see him. He's basically Smash's Captain Marvel.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
I'm pretty sure this has already been talked about, but... If we get a stage with Geno, wich one do you think is the more likely?

Iv'e been thinking about the more obvious Forest Maze and Star Hill. But what would be the best stage for me, is the top of the Bowser Castle, with Exor in the background. He could be a boss like Metal Face, and is to me, the only spoiler-free boss they could add. (Yeah SMRPG is 22 years old, but I don't think Sakurai could add Smithy as a boss, since you only meet him at the end of the game, the anticipation for him is what make him a cool boss in my opinion. If he's in a stage, I think it would kill the surprise. Could still be a trophy tho.) and if the players manage to beat Exor, they'll be taken to Smithy's Dimension with a different layout and stuff.
Also, a stage like that would be more suited for more epic music. You could say that we have Animal Crossing stages, and even Hannenbow, but I would just prefer my idea over something like Forest Maze.

Or maybe we're not going to get a stage, but it seem unlikely to me. Geno is too different from the others Mario rep to be like Bowser Junior, and fit in in Rainbow Ride or something like that.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I don't know if I'm just feeling optimistic or if I'm starved for Smash news but frankly I think that image might actually be real

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I'm conflicted on how to feel about that image. On one hand, I don't tend to buy low-res screenshot "leaks" (it's why I was so skeptical of the Ken leak until the leaker released the full screenshot), and if Square's draconian leak policy is anything to go by, we're unlikely to see any Square newcomer leak at all before their reveal. On the other hand, if it is fake, it's a damn elaborate fake, and the fact that nothing of it's been sourced yet means the leak is still technically alive. I'm not getting my hopes up, but I'd keep an eye on this one in case it ends up going anywhere like the Ken leak did. Besides, if the Sunday private event is anything to go by, we may know sooner rather than later whether this is legit, if you catch my drift.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So I just realized that Geno is missing his ears in that image.

However, you could say he would gain his ears after he actually possesses the doll, as he would gain his eyes and a better color plus maybe his collar would change, so I dunno.

I do find it funny, though; I remember y'all talking about how cool it'd be if we had a reveal where it's the Smash 64 intro but with Geno, and we get a Geno leak with what seems to be an updated version of the Smash 64 intro's playroom in the background.

I'm also not sure where it would've came from, unless a Nintendo or Square Enix employee was willing to risk his job and either leak it himself or give it to a friend, but the "sorry genobros" kinda throws me off.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
So I just realized that Geno is missing his ears in that image.

However, you could say he would gain his ears after he actually possesses the doll, as he would gain his eyes and a better color plus maybe his collar would change, so I dunno.

I do find it funny, though; I remember y'all talking about how cool it'd be if we had a reveal where it's the Smash 64 intro but with Geno, and we get a Geno leak with what seems to be an updated version of the Smash 64 intro's playroom in the background.

I'm also not sure where it would've came from, unless a Nintendo or Square Enix employee was willing to risk his job and either leak it himself or give it to a friend, but the "sorry genobros" kinda throws me off.
And as someone pointed out they noticed something that could be his ear. I kind of see it to (Where the ear should be, his hat has a ridge) Kind of like how one wears a beanie.
I know, straw grasping, but I noticed it. Means nothing until proven legit.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
And as someone pointed out they noticed something that could be his ear. I kind of see it to (Where the ear should be, his hat has a ridge) Kind of like how one wears a beanie.
I know, straw grasping, but I noticed it. Means nothing until proven legit.
I just went into paint.NET to view it, and you're right; I think I can kinda make out the shape of his ear, too, the photo quality just makes it hard to see. I'm still confused by the "sorry genobros" part and who'd be leaking it, but since we have no source for the model and the Smash 64 playroom seems to have been updated, we can't debunk this.

It'd be cool to see his reveal like this.

Last edited:

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
I just went into paint.NET to view it, and you're right; I think I can kinda make out the shape of his ear, too, the photo quality just makes it hard to see. I'm still confused by the "sorry genobros" part and who'd be leaking it, but since we have no source for the model and the Smash 64 playroom seems to have been updated, we can't debunk this.

It'd be cool to see his reveal like this.
His "sorry Genobros" probably ment to say:
1. He spoil the Geno fans by showing a Geno reveal .
2. He is going to be fired and says sorry for the fans.

Last edited:

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace
Lets look at a few aspects of the picture.

The background appears to be an updated version of the room from smash 64

Geno's head is down and seems to propped up by something (or just sitting) while his eyes are void

A yellow light seems to be going around geno

Due to the low quality geno's ear isn't fully visible, but can be seen due to the artifacting and the ridge of the hat

This is pretty much what we have to work with so far

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
That new one that could be a cinematic trailer for geno and he’s coming to life in it

But I hate to burst your bubbles but the source is 4chan and you know how likely real leaks are from there.

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace
That new one that could be a cinematic trailer for geno and he’s coming to life in it

But I hate to burst your bubbles but the source is 4chan and you know how likely real leaks are from there.
Im 100% aware its from 4chan but the ken leak and the sm4sh ESRB leak also came from 4chan, until theres definite proof that its either real or fake im not sleeping on it

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace
Would that be a point in favor of the picture's validity, or against it? I'm of the mind to not accept this as legit or fake, so I'm kind of looking for someone to steer me one way or the other, lol
Its in purgatory right now, theres no REAL evidence pointing to either, everything ive said (as mentioned in said posts) is a major stretch, real or fake it looks nice and if its fake id like to know the dude who did it

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I'm gonna just quote what I posted in the Ultimate Discussion here. I'm not sold on the leak, I can't let myself be, but it IS a bit too good to just ignore.

Does Square Enix have any notable animation companies under their belt that might resemble a style like this? It could be that one of them went for it.

Alternatively, you know what the harsh shading/lighting kinda reminds me of? Anima Inc, the guys who did the CG animation for Awakening, Fates and Robin's reveal.

View attachment 168463

I dunno, it feels similar-ish with how it does the lighting. And Intelligent Systems DID do the Paper Mario games, which are pretty much Mario RPG's Spiritual Successor...

OBVIOUSLY I'm Tin Foil hatting really hard right now, but a good Geno leak only comes once in a blue moon. Let me dream.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Skull Kid and Geno should be revealed together.
I agree, it would be really cool if they decided to go that route.

Its in purgatory right now, theres no REAL evidence pointing to either, everything ive said (as mentioned in said posts) is a major stretch, real or fake it looks nice and if its fake id like to know the dude who did it
If it’s fake, then the artist or whoever created it has a lot of talent, but with any leak, I’m taking this with a grain of salt.

EDIT: Artist did a great job, a shame this wasn’t real.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
Annnd so like i said last page, I really don’t think we’ll get his confirmation/deconfirmation, until square and Nintendo decides.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Getting married in less than an hour and I just wanted to pop in and say the Geno support threads have always been like a home away from home online and I appreciate that. Thanks for being here throughout the years and hopefully we can bring Geno home soon.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Getting married in less than an hour and I just wanted to pop in and say the Geno support threads have always been like a home away from home online and I appreciate that. Thanks for being here throughout the years and hopefully we can bring Geno home soon.
Congrats!

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace
Thats wonderful to hear man, i wish ya luck!

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Congratulations!

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Congratulations, man!

Wow, this thread really is like a piece of our lives, isn't it...people are hitting milestones and celebrating, brought together by a single wooden doll. It's amazing what kinds of things can connect us. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom