• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
God I love this board. You get to see some of the coolest Super Mario RPG discussion and fan creations, while also still being able to talk about smash.

You guys and gals are freaking awesome, seriously. You have made this wait for smash ultimate much more enjoyable.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I *really* love the final shot with the whole party standing together. It's perfect. (And technically, a younger Link *did* have a cameo in RPG!)

RIP Mallow
If Skull Kid and Geno get revealed in the same trailer which I highly doubt, I hope that's how it goes down.

I do think it's Rosalina, but I don't think he is a Luma. Geno's purpose and the Luma's are very different, as well as the abilities they hold, and they seem to have very different perspectives on things. Geno is probably something entirely different.
Yeah, he's definitely not a Luma. I strongly believe Rosalina is going be in Geno's trailer 100% percent because they are both associated with the stars and Star Road.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Is Rosalina just an evolved Luma? :colorful:
Well shoot, you had to remind me of this. :p

https://www.deviantart.com/thebourgyman/art/Super-Crown-Powered-Luma-765374458

Besides, I thought it was established she used to live on Mario's world.

I do think it's Rosalina, but I don't think he is a Luma. Geno's purpose and the Luma's are very different, as well as the abilities they hold, and they seem to have very different perspectives on things. Geno is probably something entirely different.
That seems accurate. Plus they technically come from two different universes, so starbound beings may differ in how they're made in both.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Last edited:

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
My favorite response to this "Higher Authority" Geno serves:

Blues Brothers reference in case anyone didn't get it...

Last edited:

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
My favorite response to this "Higher Authority" Geno serves:

Blues Brothers reference in case anyone didn't get it...
I just imagine Geno and Mallow standing in a snowy field and Geno saying, "You told the penguin you'd visit her once you got out Bowser's Keep."

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
So a small moment of negativity has started to pop up in my mind regarding Geno, specifically the splash screen. For what seems like forever people have been commenting that had a positive impact on Geno’s chances as he was the only one to get a splash screen. For the longest time I never really gave it much thought, I thought it was just Sakurai acknowledging Geno and the special state of the situation with Square working out. Not good or bad.

But what if he got the splash screen because that’s the best Sakurai can do for us fans? He doesn’t consider Geno a true priority, but he wants to acknowledge us in some fashion, This he gave a little bit of special treatment. He’s the only character that we’ve heard so much positivity about directly from Sakurai. Again, something we’ve always assumed was in our favor, but maybe it’s a negative? He’s saying these things and doing things as he is for our benefit as Geno can’t be the priority to him or Nintendo character wise despite years of fan demand.

Not trying to be overly negative, but it’s a thought I’ve had recently that maybe things weren’t so clear cut with regards to his seeming special treatment. And certainly the overall fan nature of Ultimate, presence of King K Rool and Ridley, Mii Costumes getting upgraded generally speaking, and lots of other things are still on the table. But my fear has always been that Sakurai either wouldn’t or couldn’t prioritize a playable Geno. All of the pieces are in place for once, so it’d be a shame not to include him, but as always we live and did on Sakurai’s judgment (much like Isaac who also has no real reason to not be on the roster other than Sakurai’s choices and fan demand not being enough to supersede relevance to these two).

TBone06

Smash Ace
Y'all, Billybo10k gave Geno a rerate on his most recent video and now he's a 90% likely on his list!
You beat me to the punch! I know he's just a fan like everyone else, but he usually is pretty knowledgeable, I think that's awesome he is so confident.

So a small moment of negativity has started to pop up in my mind regarding Geno, specifically the splash screen. For what seems like forever people have been commenting that had a positive impact on Geno’s chances as he was the only one to get a splash screen. For the longest time I never really gave it much thought, I thought it was just Sakurai acknowledging Geno and the special state of the situation with Square working out. Not good or bad.

But what if he got the splash screen because that’s the best Sakurai can do for us fans? He doesn’t consider Geno a true priority, but he wants to acknowledge us in some fashion, This he gave a little bit of special treatment. He’s the only character that we’ve heard so much positivity about directly from Sakurai. Again, something we’ve always assumed was in our favor, but maybe it’s a negative? He’s saying these things and doing things as he is for our benefit as Geno can’t be the priority to him or Nintendo character wise despite years of fan demand.

Not trying to be overly negative, but it’s a thought I’ve had recently that maybe things weren’t so clear cut with regards to his seeming special treatment. And certainly the overall fan nature of Ultimate, presence of King K Rool and Ridley, Mii Costumes getting upgraded generally speaking, and lots of other things are still on the table. But my fear has always been that Sakurai either wouldn’t or couldn’t prioritize a playable Geno. All of the pieces are in place for once, so it’d be a shame not to include him, but as always we live and did on Sakurai’s judgment (much like Isaac who also has no real reason to not be on the roster other than Sakurai’s choices and fan demand not being enough to supersede relevance to these two).
Any speculation is in the eye of the beholder. Why think negatively if you can put the same efforts and think positively. I still look at it as a positive. There's no reason to think any different of it as nothing has really changed. My gut still says he's in. But obviously that's just me. I think he's trying to do the unthinkable in this game, and that includes adding Geno. The only thing that all of that in regards to the splash screen tells me is that he knows he's insanely popular.

tyrus+

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6650-4457-4607

I mean, I do understand if Sakurai focused more on Cloud than Geno in the Smash 4 DLC, but now Cloud is in. What could honestly be stopping Geno now? He made Geno's reveal special for a reason, with the splashscreen, and he even used Beware of the Forest's Mushrooms. If he gave Geno that much special attention just for the fans, why would he only stop at giving him only a mii costume? I know I'm being optimistic, but all the signs are there.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Also our Isaac brothers beat Sora! Now we for certain have total victory over our rival >;]
Be sure to send Isaac some love when you're voting Geno in the bracket!now let's beat this bear!

Funktastic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DaftBunk
Switch FC
SW 4808 1853 3785
Isaac and Geno it is; although, given what Banjo represents, I'm not assuming a win for Geno this round. Either way Geno will be in the Winner's or Loser's finals which means our boi is a finalist!

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Just finished Mario RPG in anticipation of Geno's reveal. MUCH shorter than kid me remembered. Fantastic game though. <3
It is a fantastic game, although it’s been around 10-11 years since I played it and beat it, probably gonna break out the old SNES and play it again soon. :grin:

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Pre-smash excitement has me running through the NES and SNES classic. Moved on to DKC. Wish it was 2. One of my favs on the system. I wouldn't mind seeing Dixie either though I'm not dyyyyying for it like I am a few others.

MephistoSlayer

Smash Rookie
You know, here's a good question relating to Geno, what do you think he would be like if he appeared in the various spin off games like Mario Party, Mario Kart, and the Mario Sports game's? What would his various stats be, how would he be portrayed compared to the other characters, etc.
I think he would have similar stats to the RPG. Very fast but fragile. Maybe he would have low acceleration in Mario Kart. And in Mario Tennis his racket could break easier.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Voted Isaac and Geno, but Banjo is probably winning this round

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Havent been here too much in the last weeks , but I still want geno in :)
And yes, he'd get along with Rosalina for sure. She'd praise him for his starry service with SE, and then say it's time to come back (and then bam Nintendo has the copyrights back).. well, indulge me XD

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Thank you Geno bros so much!! I've voted for Geno in every ballot i can! He's my Number 2 after Isaac and I can already see his reveal trailer in my mind

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace

You mustn't allow the past to make your faith go astray. Geno's got the BEST chance he's ever had being in Smash Bros. Think of how far he's come. I keep telling myself the same thing, but we can't doubt Geno now.

Last edited:

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
I don't know why....

Despite having evidence that Geno is still a possibility and that I like this character to be in, I have gut feeling that he may have a chance as an AT.

Don't know why, but that was a feeling I am having right now...

ForsakenM

Smash Lord

I don't know why....

Despite having evidence that Geno is still a possibility and that I like this character to be in, I have gut feeling that he may have a chance as an AT.

Don't know why, but that was a feeling I am having right now...

Kuroda Kyousuke

Smash Rookie
Hello fellow Geno fans!

This video is for all of you
A tribute to our Star Warrior in blue
May all our wishes soon come true. :starman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom