• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

FE_SLaDe

Smash Apprentice
Incidentally, I don't understand all the recent pessimism in this thread. Outside of Incineroar fans (all five of them) Geno fans should be sitting pretty and feeling super confident. We have more than enough evidence to believe that he's a solid lock. Meanwhile, all the other fanbases are standing on thin ice and throwing hail-maries.

This is the one thread I would have expected to still be optimistic.
Geno's got a good a shot as anybody not on the roster right now (Vergeben Square Enix leak is what I'm holding out for) but you also gotta understand that the fans of this character repeatedly had their hopes kicked in the shins for well over twelve years now, longer if you consider that Geno (and SMRPG in general) hasn't had a real followup appearance since 1996 when the game came out.

Naturally we're approaching speculation this time our hearts cautiously guarding while holding on to flickers of hope for our Star Warrior to make his return. Also a lot of us are much more active in the Discord.

Last edited:

Necro Toad

Smash Apprentice
Incidentally, I don't understand all the recent pessimism in this thread. Outside of Incineroar fans (all five of them) Geno fans should be sitting pretty and feeling super confident. We have more than enough evidence to believe that he's a solid lock. Meanwhile, all the other fanbases are standing on thin ice and throwing hail-maries.

That's because the boxtheory + Vergeben only knows for sure about Ken and Incineroar and also Sakurai said that there is only few more uniques in the game (maybe 2 or 3?)
Plus probably this is the last Smash with so much fighters and most of us feel like Geno should already be announced... Also I'm not sure if Geno is a good character for a DLC since only the SMRPG fans will buy it (what means that other famous characters could sell better than Geno due to the cult factor)

But don't worry, it's just the fear talking. Most of us really loves Geno and we are in abstinence for more than 20 years, what makes this our weakness. It's hard to deal with the chance of having to wait 20 more years...

Last edited:

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I think it's just caution. I'm one of the people pushing for more optimism and is very set on the fact that Geno is in. and I don't even think it's just bias talking. but being convinced of all the mountains of data we have in our favor. I don't see really any legitimate arguments against Geno at this point. So i've just been doing what I can to try to cheer people up and reassure them of just how good we got it.

on another note I'm really happy that this smash speculation season has inspired me to replay through Mario RPG. I'm a person who rarely replays any games. I could count on 1 hand the number of games I've played through more then once. but returning to this classic that I loved from so long ago has filled me with joy. there is something so delightful about it. maybe even more so then the later mario RPG games. I'm on the final legs of the journey! Geno just got his final spell, and I'm ready to take on Smithy's gang, repair star road, and than make my wish for Geno in Super Smash Bros Ultimate!

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583

I'll say this again: I am optimistic. I never wasn't. Even when that godforsaken box theory sprang up, I was telling everyone to ignore it because our chances were still high.

I've been super confident about Geno since E3 on. In my mind he's practically a lock. I get why the longtime followers are hesitant...but there's really no point to being cautious, is there? This is the last shot for Geno, or anyone, really. If he's not in this, there's no greater (or futher) disappointment to be had. So even if you turn out to be wrong, this is the last time you'll ever have to feel bad about it.

So why not go all out and just assume he's in? What have we got to lose? How much more damage can they do to us?

cybersai

Smash Ace
Yeah, as someone who never thought he had a chance in Brawl or even Smash U, even I think Geno is very likely this time around. The Mii costume alone last time sealed the deal for me.

Ironic that Ultimate is coming out a little over 10 years after Brawl. It really is 10 years in the making.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Geno's got a good a shot as anybody not on the roster right now (Vergeben Square Enix leak is what I'm holding out for) but you also gotta understand that the fans of this character repeatedly had their hopes kicked in the shins for well over twelve years now, longer if you consider that Geno (and SMRPG in general) hasn't had a real followup appearance since 1996 when the game came out.
I'm one of them. xD

I'm not speaking from a place of ignorance here. I've been on this train for over 12 years now as well.

Naturally we're approaching speculation this time our hearts cautiously guarding while holding on to flickers of hope for our Star Warrior to make his return. Also a lot of us are much more active in the Discord.
I can understand that. At the same time though, I don't think it's necessary to be all that worried.

I would be genuinely astonished if the last character for DLC was announced and Geno hadn't already been included in the game by that point (base or DLC). Geno is playing with a full deck, frankly. Heck, he actually has stronger evidence than even Incineroar (who literally only has Vergeben).

Geno has the Sakurai interview from 2016 (he would have known the roster by that point; that was the time to deconfirm him, not hype him up), special attention with the Mii costume splash screen (and along with K. Rool, was more significant a Mii costume than the others because he's not relevant; meaning he was strictly included due to Smash popularity) and he even (loosely) has Vergeben. He was also (most likely) the most popular Square Enix character in the Smash Ballot in a game that is being tailor-made for fan requests.

Sora requires Disney and Square to play ball (and would generate more money as DLC; would be a better strategy there rather than base), Dragon Quest has never been localized in the West and they're only now making those plans so they would have missed the buck for the roster finalization back in 2016 (as well as being a licensing nightmare), Chrono, I believe, is also a licensing nightmare and is in irrelevancy hell (there seems to be something bigger going on there; I've seen it explained before but basically Chrono Trigger is dead dead). And given that Final Fantasy seems to be locked to VII, I wouldn't put money on a different protagonist making the cut. Outside of Sora, his competition isn't very strong.

No other character has this much hard evidence. A lot of them are just riding on ballot popularity (which Geno also has).

Let the hype flow through you, my brother.~

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I'm one of them. xD

I'm not speaking from a place of ignorance here. I've been on this train for over 12 years now as well.

I can understand that. At the same time though, I don't think it's necessary to be all that worried.

I would be genuinely astonished if the last character for DLC was announced and Geno hadn't already been included in the game by that point (base or DLC). Geno is playing with a full deck, frankly. Heck, he actually has stronger evidence than even Incineroar (who literally only has Vergeben).

Geno has the Sakurai interview from 2016 (he would have known the roster by that point; that was the time to deconfirm him, not hype him up), special attention with the Mii costume splash screen (and along with K. Rool, was more significant a Mii costume than the others because he's not relevant; meaning he was strictly included due to Smash popularity) and he even (loosely) has Vergeben. He was also (most likely) the most popular Square Enix character in the Smash Ballot in a game that is being tailor-made for fan requests.

Sora requires Disney and Square to play ball (and would generate more money as DLC; would be a better strategy there rather than base), Dragon Quest has never been localized in the West and they're only now making those plans so they would have missed the buck for the roster finalization back in 2016 (as well as being a licensing nightmare), Chrono, I believe, is also a licensing nightmare and is in irrelevancy hell (there seems to be something bigger going on there; I've seen it explained before but basically Chrono Trigger is dead dead). And given that Final Fantasy seems to be locked to VII, I wouldn't put money on a different protagonist making the cut. Outside of Sora, his competition isn't very strong.

No other character has this much hard evidence. A lot of them are just riding on ballot popularity (which Geno also has).

Preach, brother!

These are the facts, people. Hard evidence that, even without a single leak or theory, points to Geno's inclusion. And we have a LOT of it.

Also, good point on Incineroar only having Vergeben. This isn't pointed out enough. Like I said before, without Verge, Incineroar would not be a thing. I don't know much about the Pokemon fanbase, but I literally never heard a word about that guy until Verge said something. Funny how it doesn't make Verge less credible somehow...

Meh. That's got nothing to do with Geno anyway. Pokemon newbie or no, our puppet is most likely in regardless.

I feel the hype, deep in my soul, lol.

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
Could I just say that I admire you guys so much for your tenacity? I've only been on the Geno train for less than a month. I couldn't imagine putting in so much effort for a character for over a decade and to pick yourselves up from disappointment over and over again and keep going! The good odds we have now is only possible because of you old-guard vets and your unwavering dedication. I salute you guys.

Last edited:

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
Consider me on board with Geno! I've wanted him in Smash along with Rayman ever since I was first introduced to the series with Brawl. His moveset potential practically writes itself and, despite him only ever being a prominent character in one game, his character has undoubtedly left an impact on the many that have played SMRPG.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
shoot, if Geno gets in I will probably make that my first piece of video game based clothing
Whether Geno gets in or not, I've already made it my 10th or so piece of video game clothing (my graphic tee collection is ludicrous.)

That's right, I bought it. That quick. No regrets, lol. It didn't hurt that there was also a 30% off sale. Genobros, if you wanna represent the Starsend Savior with this, now's the cheapest time.

(Disclaimer: I make zero profit from selling this, lol. It's just a killer shirt for a good deal.)

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
ZachTheNCube,"guessed" these things many things correctly prior:

View attachment 166844
View attachment 166845
View attachment 166846
View attachment 166847

Just recently, Zach posted these tweets:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

There was a problem fetching the tweet

So Steve and Incineroar will be the last newcomer.

Geno will be DLC in 2019 and will be unlocked for Free if you have Switch Online.

Shadow and Ken are the final Echoes.

It may seem bull (Why is Geno DLC out of all of things?..Should been base..) but his predictions are suprisingly accurate. His prediction matches Verge's sources (Ice Climbers, Ridley, Isabelle, Possible Minecraft Rep, 2nd SE Rep, Incineroar, and Ken).

As usual, keep an eye for him...

The first two are after vergebens comments

The third one Isabelle with a animal crossing announcement is probabl6 either a lucky guess or safe bet we don’t know

The forth that’s the most idiotic evidence I have ever seen the ice climbers were a lock before smash ultimate was announce the only reason they were cut was because of the evil 3ds limitations

But I wouldn’t care if this is the case I still got my Ridley and King K. Rool as playable

And plus geno is a special reward like mewtwo was in smash 4

Last edited:

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
Also, good point on Incineroar only having Vergeben. This isn't pointed out enough. Like I said before, without Verge, Incineroar would not be a thing. I don't know much about the Pokemon fanbase, but I literally never heard a word about that guy until Verge said something. Funny how it doesn't make Verge less credible somehow...
I know about the Pokémon fanbase because I am in it, and I can tell you we collectively rolled our eyes when Incineroar was revealed and by and large bemoaned it’s appearance. We were hoping Litten (the starter Incineroar evolves from) would stay a Quadruped Pokemon, which it did not.

We were also weary of it being yet another fire/fighting type, luckily it was not. It’s fire/dark.

Last edited:

Rumble Red

Smash Journeyman
Dragon Quest has never been localized in the West and they're only now making those plans so they would have missed the buck for the roster finalization back in 2016 (as well as being a licensing nightmare)
What are you talking about? Every main-series Dragon Quest game but one has gotten a Western release. Two DQ games got Western releases this year.

Please take two seconds to read up before you start talking about hard evidence.

Last edited:

domriver

Smash Lord
Hey man, this is the third time I’ve been through this. Pessimism is a way of life around this character and it’s totally understandable. We got a lot going for us this time though.
We certainly do. A hell of of alot. Unforunately and unlike other requested characters.

Never lost hope in Geno's chances!

I'm one of them. xD

Again agreed we have so much going for Geno. Now with Sakurai's recent statement about slowing down the reveals. mmmm im still holding on to Oct 15th thru Nov.2 ONLY because by November leaks will run rampant :( They need to start sending those game disks to be reviewed etc etc..

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Whether Geno gets in or not, I've already made it my 10th or so piece of video game clothing (my graphic tee collection is ludicrous.)

That's right, I bought it. That quick. No regrets, lol. It didn't hurt that there was also a 30% off sale. Genobros, if you wanna represent the Starsend Savior with this, now's the cheapest time.

(Disclaimer: I make zero profit from selling this, lol. It's just a killer shirt for a good deal.)
I just ordered it in purple lol. It looks amazing, can't wait for it to come in <3

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John

Oh boy ... this is beyond tempting ...

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
What are you talking about? Every main-series Dragon Quest game but one has gotten a Western release. Two DQ games got Western releases this year.

Please take two seconds to read up before you start talking about hard evidence.
THIS year. Read your own comment one more time. THIS year. That means nothing now, as the roster was likely determined late 2015 to mid 2016. You DQ guys need to stop ripping on Geno fans and just join us in support rather than try to come up with dumb ways to try and drag us down.

If that sounded a bit harsh, my apologies, but I'm tired of seeing the DQ argument. For reference, the newest West release came out earlier this month and the are already saying that future West localization will depend on the game's sales. The fanbase for DQ on it's own isn't very big in the West, but the fanbase for DQ in Ultimate is even smaller.

Now, if that sounded rather confident for our Blue Puppet Boy in comparison to, oh, I don't know...

Man, I wish I could be that confident about Geno. The only thing I'm confident in is that my whole county is going to hear me cry like a baby if he's announced.
Well, then you would be right: I'm pretty much on the level of the other rather confident Geno Buffs in this thread, but it was only after reflecting upon all the information we have in regards to him, which us actually a lot:

-We weren't the only ones who wanted him in since Brawl: So did Sakurai, proof being in the 2016 interview everyone brings up.
-I think it was the same interview, but regardless Sakurai basically flat out said he gave us Geno fans the Mii Costume because he WANTED to. He heard us, he knew we were still there based off of whatever information they have form the Smash Ballot, and instead of ignoring us he worked with Square to also get us a Geno Mii Costume.

-Possible more importantly, from the tone of the interview, Sakurai still expresses interest in Geno being a playable character. As some of you here have already pointed out, this would have been the time to deconfirm him for Ultimate as the roster had likely been decided at this time, but he didn't.

-Not only did the Geno Mii Costume get featured by itself (unlike any other Mii Costume) but it had it's own Splash Card AND had Beware The Forest's Mushrooms playing during the reveal. Add in the fact that it was also the first one to be shown in the Mii Costume montage that happened immediately afterward and it makes it seem that maybe someone's influence lead to them making a separate reveal for Geno's Mii Costume after the montage had been made. Not only does this prove that Sakurai cared enough about us and the character to give us what he could, but why would you pay for the license to use a character and their music just for a Mii Costume and it's reveal when I'm sure that by the time the announcement rolled around December 15 or 2015 they had already known for a good amount of time Ultimate was a thing (hell they were probably working on it already)?

-Although we are getting a few more modern characters recently, the theme of Ultimate is 'Everyone Is Here!' Tie that in with the first two reveals being Daisy and Ridley and the next Direct following up with Simon and Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus and K.Rool and you have a recipe for 'Everyone Is Here!' meaning that all the characters we've wanted in Smash for so long are finally coming home. Geno is one of those characters, and though we have others who fit the bill like Issac, Bandana Dee and Banjo&Kazooie none of them have as much going for them in terms of actual evidence when compared to Geno.

-Nintendo of America posted on Twitter on May 13th of this year, asking us if we are Team Geno or Team Mallow. Was it just to celebrate the day it came out? But it wasn't a particular anniversary, as the 20th anniversary of SMRPG was in 2016...and Ultimate was already being worked on and likely had it's roster almost set in stone...[Insert HMMMM Intensifies Meme Here]

-Take this as you will, but Vergeben had yet to be proven wrong in the information he has given us so far (even the Castlevania collection he mentioned ended up coming to fruition), and he says we are getting a new Square rep.

-Take a look at Geno's competition for Square reps real quick: Final Fantasy already has Cloud, the most iconic FF character in existence. Even people like myself who haven't played FFVII and have played little of FF as a whole think of Cloud when we think of FF. Thus, FF having another rep seems highly unlikely, especially when you see that the Midgar Stage only got two songs and release that Square seems to be holding a tight, stingy grip when it comes to FF. Next closest is Sora, but guess who owns him? Disney, and we ALL know how Disney loves their properties and is stingy with them (kind alike Nintendo up until recently) and how they LOVE money, so at best Sora would be DLC so the Big D could rake in that money. No one else is even on they same radar: DQ wasn't big in the West until very recently, much after the roster was likely decided, and doesn't have much of a roster to pull from; The demand for Lara Croft isn't that high; Gex is a dead series; No one has asked for Rico; Bub and Bob would be more likely to be a trophy or AT than anything else; and last to mention for being remotely relevant are the Mana series and the Chrono series, but the Chrono series is dead and the newest Mana game is a remake of the first which released they day after Bayonetta dropped in Smash 4.

-Take this with even less than a grain of salt if you don't believe Vergeben, but all these dumb fake leaks that have been coming out daily have Geno on their list. So even the dummies who are trying to troll for fifteen minutes of internet fame think Geno is a given.

Now, I'm seeing people who still believe in the Box Theory, to which I respond: Just. Stop. Even if we have very few characters left for announcement, it will be more than two, so just stop. Sakurai will blow our minds once again by the end of this, so just wait.

Now I'm also seeing some people doubting Incineroar, and I'm going to have to stop you there, as Incineroar is very likely. Let me explain:

-Every Smash has gotten a new Pokemon Rep, usually from the most recent generation as of the particular Smash's release. With that in mind, only minutes after the Smash Logo was burned into the minds of those poor Inklings, people were talking about who the new Pokemon rep would be. If you think Incineroar wasn't talked about much until Vergeben, not only are you wrong, but you've missed out on a heated debate.

-Decidueye vs Incineroar! Who makes it to Smash, and who gets left behind? Most people at the time REALLY thought Decidueye was going to make it, with only a select few thinking Incineroar would be the choice pick, and then you had weird people saying Lycanroc, Mimikyu and etc. I was one of those advocates telling people all the evidence pointing to Incineroar way before Vergeben even mentioned a Pokemon rep, let alone him confirming it was Incineroar. He just has so much going for him.

-He is immensely popular in Japan, much over Decidueye, and he is rather popular in the West despite what you hear about his design, and Decidueye's popularity really isn't for him but for his pre-evolution (for reference, I like Decidueye more, but most people love Rowlet more than Decidueye world-wide). Ash in Sun/Moon anime is already gearing up to have an Incineroar, and Incineroar was heavily featured in the Pokemon: I Choose You movie. He is also a Dark-Type, which is Evil-Type in Japan, meaning he could make for a villain inclusion, and he has a unique Signature Move and Z-Move. He is a wrestler, and the wrestling world of Japan has just been taking off recently, and even though the game didn't release until November of 2016 Incineroar was revealed in October. That could lead us to another Greninja situation, in which Sakurai sees the concept art and get some small info on how he would play, and then puts him in with his own creative flair from there. I think there are other things to mention, but I think this is good enough.

Last edited:

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
I support Geno and think he's very likely given that Sakurai has wanted him in since Brawl. He's much more deserving than Isaac and Steve imho.

Klimax

Smash Ace
I voted for Geno.
In my opinion, he's the last character that they'll reveal. Remember, we'll have a Smash Direct and they'll probably want to announce a fan favorite (just like K Rool). Steve is not a fan favorite when it comes to the Smash Community. Sakurai is a smart man, he knows that the Smash Community would be disappointed if the last two reveals were Steve and Incineroar. We'll have a last Ballot Pick, you can bet on that.

I've been a Geno's fan since 2008 and I've never been confident in his chances until today. During Smash 4 days, i would have rate him at 0% chance. But now ? I give him 99%. I just see him happening at the end of the next direct.

Rumble Red

Smash Journeyman
THIS year. Read your own comment one more time. THIS year. That means nothing now, as the roster was likely determined late 2015 to mid 2016. You DQ guys need to stop ripping on Geno fans and just join us in support rather than try to come up with dumb ways to try and drag us down.

If that sounded a bit harsh, my apologies, but I'm tired of seeing the DQ argument. For reference, the newest West release came out earlier this month and the are already saying that future West localization will depend on the game's sales. The fanbase for DQ on it's own isn't very big in the West, but the fanbase for DQ in Ultimate is even smaller.
DQ games have been getting Western releases since the eighties. I mentioned there'd been two releases this year to highlight that DQXI isn't the first game in the series to come out or whatever people think. Dragon Quest Heroes came out in 2015 and Nintendo themselves published the 3DS remake of Dragon Quest VII in 2016, if you need something from those years. Either way, "Dragon Quest has never been localized in the West" is totally wrong.

This "DQ guys" paranoia is ludicrous. Nobody's trying to tear anyone down, I like Geno and SMRPG just fine, and no discussion happening now is going to ruin Geno's chances or whatever. I've been a DQ fan for ages, it's a series that absolutely deserves a place in Smash, and I've wanted that since Smash 4 was announced.

For what it's worth, Geno is cool, and I'd be happy to have him in. There ought to be something from the Mario RPGs besides just the Paper Mario stage, for sure.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's just weird. The tone is a lot different this time around and of the half dozen or so newcomers that people are still pulling for, it's a strange twist of fate that people are the most confident about Geno. He's in all the video thumbnails and click bait and what have you so it's a tall tower that's being set up. In a lot of ways it feels too good to be true. I'm 30, I'm getting married next week, my dad spoiled that one of their friends is getting me a new car as a wedding present (mine's a PoS that I've had since high school), and Geno's considered a strong possibility by a good portion of the Smash fanbase after 13 years. As the meme goes, Feels good, man, feels good.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
DQ games have been getting Western releases since the eighties. I mentioned there'd been two releases this year to highlight that DQXI isn't the first game in the series to come out or whatever people think. Dragon Quest Heroes came out in 2015 and Nintendo themselves published the 3DS remake of Dragon Quest VII in 2016, if you need something from that year. Either way, "Dragon Quest has never been localized in the West" is totally wrong.

This "DQ guys" paranoia is ludicrous. Nobody's trying to tear anyone down, I like Geno and SMRPG just fine, and no discussion happening now is going to ruin Geno's chances or whatever. I've been a DQ fan for ages, it's a series that absolutely deserves a place in Smash, and I've wanted that since Smash 4 was announced.

For what it's worth, Geno is cool, and I'd be happy to have him in. There ought to be something from the Mario RPGs besides just the Paper Mario stage, for sure.
Don't the Dragon Quest games usually get renamed "Dragon Warrior" in localization, at least until a couple of years ago? Or am I thinking of some other series?

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
It's just weird. The tone is a lot different this time around and of the half dozen or so newcomers that people are still pulling for, it's a strange twist of fate that people are the most confident about Geno. He's in all the video thumbnails and click bait and what have you so it's a tall tower that's being set up. In a lot of ways it feels too good to be true. I'm 30, I'm getting married next week, my dad spoiled that one of their friends is getting me a new car as a wedding present (mine's a PoS that I've had since high school), and Geno's considered a strong possibility by a good portion of the Smash fanbase after 13 years. As the meme goes, Feels good, man, feels good.
Tell me about it. I'll be 30 next year, my partner and I are buying a condo, I'm a viable candidate to take the next available opening for Assistant Front End manager at my store, and after TEN YEARS, it looks like my Magic Wooden Boi is gonna get in Smash. Definitely feels good.

Rumble Red

Smash Journeyman
Don't the Dragon Quest games usually get renamed "Dragon Warrior" in localization, at least until a couple of years ago? Or am I thinking of some other series?
The Dragon Warrior name had to be used for legal reasons until 2004. It's been Dragon Quest everywhere since then.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I've been reasonably confident in Geno's chances ever since the game's reveal in March, and my confidence has failed to dwindle and has only risen since. Most of his competition is either deconfirmed or incredibly unrealistic at this point, Sakurai's clearly going out of his way to resolve all the long-time fan requests this time around, and he's already teased his inclusion via the Mii Costume and his comments surrounding it. Simply put, it'd be a crime not to put him in after all this.
He's gotta be in, boys. I've got a good feeling we're not gonna be disappointed in two months, and the optimism going around regarding his chances feels warranted. It's time.

FCZHornet

Smash Apprentice
It is strange and hilarious to see people considering him a lock this time around after over a decade of being a fringe minority pick.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Voted Geno and Isaac in the polls. Never played Kh and have ero interest in Sora, so that was an easy pick for me.

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
Geno Vs. Sora was a really hard one for me given that on a personal level I love Kingdom Hearts and Sora much more than Geno. I voted for Geno in the end though for his larger importance to the Smash community as opposed to my love for Sora being a thing for me on a personal level if that makes any sense.

Bendario

Smash Apprentice
It is strange and hilarious to see people considering him a lock this time around after over a decade of being a fringe minority pick.
"Fringe minority pick"? You must not have been around during the Brawl days. He was one of the top 5 with Ridley, K Rool, and Isaac. The Brawl thread makes this one look tame by comparison with a solid 400+pages.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom