• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Hey guy's! By all means I want Geno; but I want you guy's to not put all your eggs in one basket when it comes to the direct! Keep in mind that if Geno got in; most likely Sakurai would wanna talk about it due to being a big Geno fan. He'd give it a full rundown like Simon and Castlevania. And I don't think there's time/ don't think they'll bring out Sakurai for this direct. I think a Smash Direct would be the best place for a Geno reveal. But maybe I'm just extremely offbase.

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
Hey guy's! By all means I want Geno; but I want you guy's to not put all your eggs in one basket when it comes to the direct! Keep in mind that if Geno got in; most likely Sakurai would wanna talk about it due to being a big Geno fan. He'd give it a full rundown like Simon and Castlevania. And I don't think there's time/ don't think they'll bring out Sakurai for this direct. I think a Smash Direct would be the best place for a Geno reveal. But maybe I'm just extremely offbase.
I think we could see something very similar to Cloud's reveal: The reveal itself is in a regular Direct, and Sakurai goes into further detail in the next Smash direct. K. Rool was a huge request, but he didn't get fleshed out by Sakurai.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
I think you're absolutely right, and I'm pretty sure most of us realize that. Though we remain ever hopeful.

NukeA6

Smash Master
He sure didn't give a whole lot of talk for the last rep of his favorite video game series last Smash Direct. Or that other one last year.

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
I was just about to say something like this, so let me add on to your point instead.

A big thing we have to keep in mind about Geno and Isaac is that they are indeed popular, but only within the Smash Bros fandom. Outside of it I can't think of a ton of people under the age of 20 who aren't huge Nintendo fans that know who Geno is, and I still don't know who Isaac is and am only aware of him because he's so prevalent in Smash discussion. If one or both of these two get in, I feel a short segment dedicated to them to fill in the general audience would be needed, and something like that is more appropriate for a dedicated Smash Direct.

For a general Nintendo Direct like this, they'll probably reveal either a character that's relevant to modern Nintendo or is popularly known among the general audience. A couple of candidates that come to mind are Elma (Xenoblade news just came out), Banjo Kazooie (iconic Rare mascot), Skull Kid (villain of a popular Zelda game), Shantae (broadly popular as far as indie games go), or a Pokemon rep (it's Pokemon it's always relevant).

If Geno doesn't get revealed, which I feel is likely, it's not the end of the line just yet, not by a long shot.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
leaked Image of Geno

1536727838967.png

They went for a more realistic redesign

Last edited:

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
it's really hard to say what order characters will get revealed in. although I feel people might be putting too much weight on the idea of "save the best for last" when really if they were gonna start small and go big they wouldn't have shown K. Rool so soon. he's probably already the biggest reveal. it would take Banjo or some other big name third party that nobody would have expected like Master Chief for them to top that for the larger general audience.

Geno is big for a lot of us. but still an obscure name to many. so even if it was a save the best for last thing. I don't think Geno would take that spot. but with that said he'll still be number 1 in my heart.

Marvel-Otaku-Man

Smash Apprentice
Man, the direct has gotta be announced soon right? September is nearly half over. Even if Geno isn't announced in it, I want to get it over with so I can start speculating on any October news.

slopdop

Smash Cadet
I don't know if anyone thought of this already but something I noticed about the characters revealed since Ridley (not counting Echo Fighters) is that each one is in order of their game's initial release date/first appearance.
Metroid - August 1986
Castlevania - September 1986
Donkey Kong Country - November 1994
If we were to go by that with SMRPG being released in March 9th 1996, to me it feels like there's a strong chance that Geno could be the next revealed fighter. If they continue that order it could also be Bandana Waddle Dee (March 21st 1996), Banjo & Kazooie (June 1998), and Skull Kid (April 2000) next, just to list a few examples.
I know this is a huge stretch and it's most likely a coincidence that will get debunked and that I should temper my expectations but I just had to get that off my chest.

yakko789

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if anyone thought of this already but something I noticed about the characters revealed since Ridley (not counting Echo Fighters) is that each one is in order of their game's initial release date/first appearance.
Metroid - August 1986
If we were to go by that with SMRPG being released in March 9th 1996, to me it feels like there's a strong chance that Geno could be the next revealed fighter. If they continue that order it could also be Bandana Waddle Dee (March 21st 1996), Banjo & Kazooie (June 1998), and Skull Kid (April 2000) next, just to list a few examples.
I know this is a huge stretch and it's most likely a coincidence that will get debunked and that I should temper my expectations but I just had to get that off my chest.
I think somebody pointed this out a few pages ago. I like this idea, and it makes sense given how Sakurai has listed all the characters in order of appearance. I don't want to bank on it though, just cause I feel like Geno has a really great chance of getting in regardless, and if he isn't revealed next, I don't want to believe that he won't be in at all because some other character younger than him got announced before. I just want him in, I don't care how or when we find out, just as long as it happens.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Metroid - August 1986
This is a theory I've seen before, and honestly, it has some merit. Considering the emphasis on Smash appearance and the fighter numbers, this could be a thing.

The only issue is Inkling. Technically, she was shown first. Otherwise, this would be a very solid theory. As is, I think we'll need another fighter revealed in this order to have enough evidence.

That said, I do buy this theory. At least as much as I do any of the other myriad ones I believe in, lol.

Toasterman247

Smash Cadet
NNID
Toasterman
Did they announce when the next direct is yet?

Just think.. Geno could've been announced last week.
I have a sneaking suspicion that if Geno is actually in, Sakurai would show him off as the final fighter, almost as like an "Ultimate" Final Reveal, seeing as how many fans, and even Sakurai himself have said they wanted him in.

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Starting to wonder if Nintendo's actually planning to show the direct tomorrow. It's getting pretty late in Japan, and I figure they'd want to announce it when everyone can see it.

I trust Nintendolife's sources, though. The original direct date was confirmed mere hours after the rumor was posted before. I'm just surprised Nintendo's taking so long to just say it.

Maybe in the next few hours?

gebi

Cloud Prince
direct got re announced :)))
lets keep our fingers crossed this is it.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Nintendo Direct from last week officially rescheduled to tomorrow at the same time 3:00 PST/6:00 EST! Good luck, everyone!

domriver

Smash Lord
Now that the direct has been announced once again the common consensus for a smash reveal is issac, skull kid or a pokemon. I dont know anymore to be honest. Of course im hoping for Geno to get this over with but!!! lol I know sakurai wont disappoint. :) Good luck to us! Ill be excited if Geno or Banjo-Kazooie or even a Xenoblade character gets in. Im neutral for issac, skullkid and a pokemon. :D

TBone06

Smash Ace
The only reason I think Geno could be revealed, is because I actively thought that K. Rool WOULDN’T be revealed when he was. That being said, I feel Skull Kid, Isaac or a Pokemon will happen. Fingers crossed though.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
I'm honestly not sure if I'm putting eggs into the basket that he'd get a reveal tomorrow. I lean more to the idea that we'd get him in a dedicated Smash Reveal and (much like Simon, K. Rool, Dark Samus, and Chrom) he wouldn't be the only character we'd get that day. I think he'll be an October announcement, but geez I hope I'm wrong and he's tomorrow.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I would LOVE to have Geno annoucned this direct ... but I do tend to agree with others that if he is a new fighter, it would be for the last Smash focused direct. I do see Skull Kid being announced tomorrow. But I also see an Echo fighter being announced tomorrow too.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Unless this is gonna be a bigger direct, I'm only expecting Isaac to be revealed. Would be nice if it was Geno though since September has always reminded me of Super Mario RPG (mostly because it was a birthday present for a milestone age).

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
So for 35 mins, I'm mostly anticipating some other games, a lot of online explanation time, how this impacts current online games, minor amount of smash news.

domriver

Smash Lord
The only reason I think Geno could be revealed, is because I actively thought that K. Rool WOULDN’T be revealed when he was. That being said, I feel Skull Kid, Isaac or a Pokemon will happen. Fingers crossed though.
This does throw everything off as far revealing characters goes. Its the toss of the dice. We shall see tomorrow.

Unless this is gonna be a bigger direct, I'm only expecting Isaac to be revealed. Would be nice if it was Geno though since September has always reminded me of Super Mario RPG (mostly because it was a birthday present for a milestone age).
I think its reasonable to say that 1 more smash dedicated direct will happen. Now depending on how many total new comers there may be. In this direct we could see 2 new comers and echos. 2 for E3 2 for 8/8 direct , 2 for 9/13, Last direct 2 or 3. thats only 8-9 new challengers. I hope this is the case! :D jjeje guess we shall find out tomorrow.

So for 35 mins, I'm mostly anticipating some other games, a lot of online explanation time, how this impacts current online games, minor amount of smash news.
The only smash news im expecting is character reveals nothing more. Maybe a teaser to whats to come regarding that mysterious mode but that is it. :)

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
Man... I wish Nintendo would make another music mistake and erroneously title a track ‘beware the forest’s mushrooms’ the day before this direct like they did with that Castlevania track. /wishfulthinking

Dionaea_floridensis

Smash Journeyman
Geno and Isaac go way back (geno possibly farther back than Isaac) in terms of fan demand. The wait has to end now, we gotta get at least one of our boys this time. Good luck guys!

link2702

Smash Champion
I would LOVE to have Geno annoucned this direct ... but I do tend to agree with others that if he is a new fighter, it would be for the last Smash focused direct. I do see Skull Kid being announced tomorrow. But I also see an Echo fighter being announced tomorrow too.
See I can’t see him being the last one revealed....

I still feel like they’d save a major bombshell for that, such as banjo. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying geno being revealed wouldn’t be a big deal, just that I don’t see him as the kind of reveal that would “break the internet” so to speak like sonic in brawl did. But banjo imo would, and that’s the kind of reveal they should have for the final reveal.

Last edited:

NukeA6

Smash Master
I think its reasonable to say that 1 more smash dedicated direct will happen. Now depending on how many total new comers there may be. In this direct we could see 2 new comers and echos. 2 for E3 2 for 8/8 direct , 2 for 9/13, Last direct 2 or 3. thats only 8-9 new challengers. I hope this is the case! :D jjeje guess we shall find out tomorrow.
Just don't expect too much characters. I'm only really expecting 3 more newcomers and maybe 2 echoes. If there's more, well even better. I feel like Smash fans have their expectations way too high.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Man... I wish Nintendo would make another music mistake and erroneously title a track ‘beware the forest’s mushrooms’ the day before this direct like they did with that Castlevania track. /wishfulthinking
That sort of thing is probably why they've been giving all tracks numbers as titles since then.

domriver

Smash Lord
Just don't expect too much characters. I'm only really expecting 3 more newcomers and maybe 2 echoes. If there's more, well even better. I feel like Smash fans have their expectations way too high.
8-9 newcomers is not all that much compared to previous titles. But yeah im all for just 3 more if thats the case then. We only have i think 4-5 few more and thats it.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai did say "a few more left", and that was also before the K. Rool trailer. I think the safest best is 3 more uniques - one tomorrow and two in a final Smash Direct in October/November. And then maybe one more as a standalone Robin-type reveal. Echoes are a bit harder to pin down, but I'd say we'll probably overall get the same amount of Echoes as we get uniques.

Here's hoping for Geno tomorrow or later. He'd honestly be the perfect follow-up to Ridley and K. Rool and would make the rest of Smash speculation much more interesting (the big three would become Isaac, Skull Kid, and Banjo-Kazooie).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Good luck tomorrow you guys! I really do believe Geno is a matter not of if, but when, at this point. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom