• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
We're at the fake image leak stage in the Smash hype cycle, so expect to see more fake images of the most likely characters.

Edit: derp, there is that option, never noticed till now.

More on topic; I’ve completed mario rpg so many times I’ve started challenging myself lately with things like only using special moves the whole game, or going with nothing equipped and using just items and normal moves throughout on other files.

One I’ve even made it my goal to defeat every enemy that i come across (except infinite spawning ones for obvious reasons...)

And yet to this very day I still haven’t gotten 100 super jumps on any file :(
I could never get that either and I couldn't even get to 30 super jumps.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I might be overly aggressive about the Agnes leak but after the mistakes it made they author needs extraordinary evidence to prove it's real. He promised video footage but quickly started backtracking that, talking about why he couldn't get that. Then claimed the pictures he had were purposely altered to look wrong. But he also just happens to have pictures that weren't altered to look wrong. It's just absurd to believe him without some kind of proof of that claim.

It's up to the poster to prove he's real.

That's the last thing I'm going to say about this topic in this thread. The leak doesn't concern Geno.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I might be overly aggressive about the Agnes leak but after the mistakes it made they author needs extraordinary evidence to prove it's real. He promised video footage but quickly started backtracking that, talking about why he couldn't get that. Then claimed the pictures he had were purposely altered to look wrong. But he also just happens to have pictures that weren't altered to look wrong. It's just absurd to believe him without some kind of proof of that claim.

It's up to the poster to prove he's real.

That's the last thing I'm going to say about this topic in this thread. The leak doesn't concern Geno.
Well said. The Agnes leak's innumerable errors and inconsistencies basically killed it from day 1, and backpedaling on them just proved to bury the leak even further. As a "leaker", going full-on damage control with your leak is the easiest way to get people to stop believing in it.
Unless they come out with some clear, timely, and damn convincing video evidence, the Agnes leaker is not to be trusted in any capacity. End of discussion.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
This was posted as well

View attachment 161154
yeah that just looks like the model from the project M mod. maybe just touched up a little. like is idle pose looks exact to the project M. totally fake.

Because out of context and blurry screenshots of characters are totally believable and should be used as proof that they're in the game.

We're now at the stage where we're getting fake image leaks. Treat them the same way you'd treat anonymous text leaks - with a huge, huge grain of salt.
sir I appreciate your attitude. for some strange reason... but yeah artsy omni taught us it's not too hard for a good artist to make a convincing picture. he even got it to look like he selected it!

also the fact it's so zoomed in of a picture tells me they are trying to hide something.

This was posted as well

View attachment 161154
I am curious what this stage is supposed to be in the background. anyone recognize it from any of the stages shown in ultimate?

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
yeah that just looks like the model from the project M mod. maybe just touched up a little. like is idle pose looks exact to the project M. totally fake.

sir I appreciate your attitude. for some strange reason... but yeah artsy omni taught us it's not too hard for a good artist to make a convincing picture. he even got it to look like he selected it!

also the fact it's so zoomed in of a picture tells me they are trying to hide something.

I am curious what this stage is supposed to be in the background. anyone recognize it from any of the stages shown in ultimate?
It’s midgar

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Edit 2: Oh the Legacy XP one. That's Midgar

This new one no one knows what stage it is. Or if it's in game

Last edited:

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
So any chance the leak is real?

Real or not, it's amazing to see Geno's popularity these days. Back in Sm4sh times I don't remember many fake leaks that included Geno, let alone fake images!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
1535830147704.jpg

There was another "leak" but this is definitely not the same model.

It's supposedly on Kongo Jungle.

People already think it's fake

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Yup, looks like we're in full fake image leak season now. We should expect more of them here on out.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Undoubtedly fake but still a great mock up.

God... Isn't it nice (putting it mildly) that Geno's on the positive side of speculation for once instead of it basically being Geno fans versus everyone else? A lot of people downright expect him now and I see that we're not having to constantly defend our fandom like in the Brawl and SSB4 days. People are kinda cheering us on and its, again, nice to not be tangled up in debates all the time or be regularly dismissed as fans of a "meme" character.
It's great no doubt. Geno deserves to be in this game.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh man, even if it's fake the "leaker" gave us such a wonderful present

image0.png

This as a reaction image.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Okay yeah double checked the first in game picture of geno. That is straight up the project M design. With the yellow trim on the cap and the yellow on the bottom of his hat.
They just updated the textures and then put it into midgar somehow.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Wait what's the whole story with this Geno leak? I've seen like 3 other leaks that mention Skullkid being announced soon but nothing with Geno, just these pictures :0
Sakurai kind of teased Skull Kid with the office decor. Then he will show Geno at the e d of the Direct just like Ridley and K. Rool.

tyrus+

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6650-4457-4607
Wait what's the whole story with this Geno leak? I've seen like 3 other leaks that mention Skullkid being announced soon but nothing with Geno, just these pictures :0
A leaker posted that Geno render on 4chan today and so far it hasn't been debunked, however it hasn't been proven as well. The render is pretty good though, and it makes this leak special, since no one actually bothers to make Geno renders for leaks since it's too much of a hassle. So could it be real? Who knows, take it with a grain of salt.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Oh man, even if it's fake the "leaker" gave us such a wonderful present

View attachment 161220

This as a reaction image.
I know it's blurry, but am I seeing a slight wood grain texture on him? It's not as obvious as the Smashified render, much more subtle and with the grain running vertically along his face--which I actually like better. It's less like his head was cut from a single block of wood. It sort of keeps him true to his original cartoonish texture, while still making him look like he's made of wood. This seems more like a Sakurai design choice, balancing the past and present. Adding to that, the shading and so forth are really well done, given what I can see. The only thing that gets me is the cape. It looks a little off.

So is it real? No idea. But I would totally buy it if this turned out to be his official render. Good on the artist for that if it is fake.

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
Fake or not, somebody made a really nice 3D model of Geno. If he looked like this in game I’d be really happy with it.

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
Would Geno's stage be the 3DS Paper Mario stage?
Absolutely not. I believe we'll be getting more stages. Would be fitting to have Bowser's Keep with Exor. We don't have a Bowser's Castle stage yet.

If we don't get more stages though, Paper Mario wouldn't be fitting at all imo.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Absolutely not. I believe we'll be getting more stages. Would be fitting to have Bowser's Keep with Exor. We don't have a Bowser's Castle stage yet.

If we don't get more stages though, Paper Mario wouldn't be fitting at all imo.
Exor, Smithy's Factory, Nimbus Land, The Forest Maze and Rose Town, and Star Hill would all be unique and fun levels. Star Hill might thematically be the most fitting (star warrior, star road, star symbol, etc) fitting.

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
Exor, Smithy's Factory, Nimbus Land, The Forest Maze and Rose Town, and Star Hill would all be unique and fun levels. Star Hill might thematically be the most fitting (star warrior, star road, star symbol, etc) fitting.
That would make Star Hill cooler. Was kinda wasted in the original game.

Klimax

Smash Ace
I knew it ! I'm not surprised, but hey, that's still a cool thing because hey, you never know what can happen, maybe the Smash Team was like "you know what ? We don't care about the last characters, let's use these awful models that we have".

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
That would make Star Hill cooler. Was kinda wasted in the original game.
In a way yes, in a way no. I did like how it was the place where wishes in the form of falling stars came to be. I had originally wanted a boss fight there, but the more times I visited, the more it seemed like it being relatively untouched by bosses and the Smithy Gang, the more it seemed like a kind of pure place.
I do think they could've done more with it, like introducing more Star folk like Geno, minus the doll body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom