• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
I only ever put one vote in the Ballot, and that was K. Rool. I'm not sure why, I guess I was just naive, or I wanted to make sure that my one vote counted. But other votes would have definitely gone to Banjo, Dixie, and Geno, for sure.

If Geno gets in you can bet I'll finally be playing SMRPG. I've never beaten it (in fact, only ever got 2 or 3 of the stars), but would finally have the drive to do so. The only problem is that I don't own any console that has it, hopefully Switch gets it somehow.

Last edited:

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I'm not a Geno fan but I can see him working as playable character, and the fact both Square and Nintendo are again together in the same game makes him a realistic prediction.

domriver

Smash Lord
Alright starting a new playthrough of Mario RPG to hype up for ultimate! it's been a long time since I last played. maybe this time I'll actually beat Culex! also question does Peach's healing abilities scale with her magic attack?
I can not recall exactly. If her magic power increases her healing. It should? However, if you want a real challenge dont use Peach. lol I might give SMRPG another Go without healing abilities.

I don't think you'll see Geno on very many of the multitude of fake image leaks that are sure to be popping up now. The simple reason for that is that he's a much more difficult character to make look even somewhat convincing than most of the other possible options people will try to fake. The cartoony animal characters and off the wall stuff like chorus kids usually have much simpler textures while a convincing Geno render would need realistic wood patterns for his body and fabrics for his clothes. It's much harder to pass off as real, so most people won't try it.
Interesting. So people are just lazy and not going to try to make a Geno Model. :p

Last edited:

FE_SLaDe

Smash Apprentice
I only ever put one vote in the Ballot, and that was K. Rool. I'm not sure why, I guess I was just naive, or I wanted to make sure that my one vote counted. But other votes would have definitely gone to Banjo, Dixie, and Geno, for sure.

If Geno gets in you can bet I'll finally be playing SMRPG. I've never beaten it (in fact, only ever got 2 or 3 of the stars), but would finally have the drive to do so. The only problem is that I don't own any console that has it, hopefully Switch gets it somehow.
I thought the same thing so I voted for Geno with my only vote.

Travix Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TravixMan
Count me in on the support train for Geno! Smash Ultimate is looking to be one of the most fan-centered games yet, and I truly feel that it is his time to be in Smash. I had a love for Super Mario RPG back in the Brawl days and even played a bit of it on virtual console and at a friend's house. My brother also beat the game for himself, IIRC, and we both believe that Geno has a strong chance of being in Smash Ultimate. His costume was one piece of evidence for his inclusion, so now it's a matter of when, not if, he will be in Smash Ultimate.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
image0.png

Rumor posted on 4chan

Probably fake?

But does anyone recognize that Geno? Unlike the Legacy XP I don't know the source

Kero!

Smash Cadet
View attachment 161153

Rumor posted on 4chan

Probably fake?

But does anyone recognize that Geno? Unlike the Legacy XP I don't know the source
The key emblem on his hat touches the bottom of it... I don't think the Mii costume does that.
I know we can't use the Mii costume to properly judge what he'd look like but that throws it off for me. Also his neck.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
View attachment 161153

Rumor posted on 4chan

Probably fake?

It actually looks good to me, whether it's fake or not. The face is pretty expressive for some reason and I like it more than other renders.
I can't think of a source but if it's fake I'll guess it's from a Smash Wii U mod or something.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Because out of context and blurry screenshots of characters are totally believable and should be used as proof that they're in the game.

We're now at the stage where we're getting fake image leaks. Treat them the same way you'd treat anonymous text leaks - with a huge, huge grain of salt.

link2702

Smash Champion
Most likely fake, for reasons others have stated, mostly the lack of any video. In this day and age with how advanced photoshop is, people can’t truly believe a still image, further more, everyone and their grandparents have a smartphone now, and you mean to tell me they couldn’t have it record video but could get a zoomed in screen shot?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Because out of context and blurry screenshots of characters are totally believable and should be used as proof that they're in the game.

We're now at the stage where we're getting fake image leaks. Treat them the same way you'd treat anonymous text leaks - with a huge, huge grain of salt.
Trying to find the source

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They need to release a full, clear pic of the render even if it's fake.

It's not one I've seen before

Last edited:

kingkalamari

Smash Cadet
Great design but ultimately fake. Especially when the poster seems to make urgent text as if they can only type and post for a few seconds being chased by Nintendo assassins, when IRL if you snipped a photo you could just leisurely post it and detail what you saw that you couldn't take a picture of.

That and it's just another not full body render. They probably used the Mii costume and didn't change the hand from a gunso they didn't show anything lower.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Most likely fake, for reasons others have stated, mostly the lack of any video. In this day and age with how advanced photoshop is, people can’t truly believe a still image, further more, everyone and their grandparents have a smartphone now, and you mean to tell me they couldn’t have it record video but could get a zoomed in screen shot?
Exactly. Literally everyone has a smartphone these days. You're telling me that this person, who is probably tech-savvy, could only get a blurry screenshot and no video or sound? Color me very skeptical.

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
The leak has not been thoroughly debunked yet. The only thing that holds weight is the Incorrect Accent in Agnes's name. Everything else used to debunk this leak is on the "Shulk is a Photoshopped Little Mac" level of Ridiculousness.

SilentSentinel

Smash Apprentice
The leak has not been thoroughly debunked yet. The only thing that holds weight is the Incorrect Accent in Agnes's name. Everything else used to debunk this leak is on the "Shulk is a Photoshopped Little Mac" level of Ridiculousness.
The Rhythm Heaven icon debunks it as well. As if the crappy quality of the Ken and Agnes renders didn't already.

Anyway, as soon as I said we probably wouldn't see many image leaks of Geno because he's hard to fake we get one that look halfway decent lol. It's of course blurry as all hell which hides the textures. Hopefully after it's debunked (since it's most likely fake as well) the person will post a full image cause it's another decent model of geno and there aren't too many of those.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is also the fact that the first full pic he released of Agnes not only had the wrong accent but had her entire body mirrored so the hair was parted in the wrong direction. You could tell it wasn't just all mirrored because of the text. There is also the fact the symbol he used for Rhythm Heaven had "RH", which is nonsensical since it's not called Rhythm Heaven worldwide. That would mean they would need a different symbol in different regions which is ridiculous.

There was more issues than that. But at this point believing it's anything but fake is naive.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
View attachment 161153

Rumor posted on 4chan

Probably fake?

Undoubtedly fake but still a great mock up.

God... Isn't it nice (putting it mildly) that Geno's on the positive side of speculation for once instead of it basically being Geno fans versus everyone else? A lot of people downright expect him now and I see that we're not having to constantly defend our fandom like in the Brawl and SSB4 days. People are kinda cheering us on and its, again, nice to not be tangled up in debates all the time or be regularly dismissed as fans of a "meme" character.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The RH could easily refer to the RH in the Word RHythm which IS the same in all regions.
It's fake. It's old news. We have a new thing to debunk now.

Edit: It's fake until proven real

The guy STILL hasn't delivered on his promise to give gameplay. Then when pressured he said he doesn't have the game and was just sent pictures. Even though it was him in the first place that said he could just post gameplay

Not only did he say he was "just sent them by someone" but then makes the outrageous claim that the pictures he received were purposely made to look bad.

Even though he also apparently had real ones and didn't post those. He only posted the real ones when people pointed out the flaws

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
It's fake. It's old news. We have a new thing to debunk now.

Edit: It's fake until proven real

The guy STILL hasn't delivered on his promise to give gameplay. Then when pressured he said he doesn't have the game and was just sent pictures. Even though it was him in the first place that said he could just post gameplay

Not only did he say he was "just sent them by someone" but then makes the outrageous claim that the pictures he received were purposely made to look bad.

Even though he also apparently had real ones and didn't post those. He only posted the real ones when people pointed out the flaws
Psycho , can you help me debunk something in the Agumon topic?
I will post it there.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
If your talking about the character select screen one

You do realize the Isaac sword is cut off on the blade like photo shop

And the skull kid render was found it was from smash 4

Oh the geno picture part

The best part it includes Dixie Kong and banjo in that leak too

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
This screenshot reminds me a great deal of the Palutena fake screenshot during Smash 4's development cycle before she was revealed. It's a rather convincing looking fake screencap of Geno I will give it that.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I'm sorry, but that leak has been fully debunked here and elsewhere. It's fine if you want to believe it, but you're only setting yourself up for disappointment if you do.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This isn't really the place to discuss the Agnes leak regardless since Geno is not on it

Let's focus on figuring out this new one. Since Geno is involved

Last edited:

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
Those are pretty good Geno pics. Even if they might be fake, they look good enough to give us an idea what he would look like in official footage.

By the way, the cape in the picture with him on the stage looks a little short or is it just me?

I loved Artsy Omni's Geno render and look forward to seeing what Nintendo's might look like.

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAe9_Cz4Z7U this guy does some pretty cool analysis on characters who might get in. near the end of the video he has a poll on who you want to see next and Geno is on the poll. go to 6:20 and the poll will be on the right hand side of the video on the I card. go vote for Geno so we can see our boy get some more spot light

link2702

Smash Champion
Edit: derp, there is that option, never noticed till now.

More on topic; I’ve completed mario rpg so many times I’ve started challenging myself lately with things like only using special moves the whole game, or going with nothing equipped and using just items and normal moves throughout on other files.

One I’ve even made it my goal to defeat every enemy that i come across (except infinite spawning ones for obvious reasons...)

And yet to this very day I still haven’t gotten 100 super jumps on any file :(

Last edited:

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Man i wish Smashboards had the option to to force all messages to be one default color in your settings, no offense to PsychoIncarnate but it’s nearly impossible for me to read your posts on my cell phone as the text doesn’t show up well on the black background of the site...
Actually, you can.

Preferences > Hide Custom Post Colors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom