• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
if it makes you feel better, here's more proof it's fake.

this is what Agnes actually looks like in 3D, not that ugly palutena photoshop mess.
That's the part that bothers me the most about people going "OH BUT ESRB".

If she was in the ESRB leak, she'd look like this. Because that actually looks like her.

The Palutena rip doesn't look like her at all. Honestly the leaker shot themselves in the foot showing the names. It worked better when people couldn't decide if it was her or Ayumi.

Also if this was ESRB, her hair would be parted the right way, like it is literally everywhere else.

If it wasn't settled before, I'd say that settles it.
(for those that weren't satisfied)

That render is freakin gorgeous <3
I definitely wouldn't complain so much about *that* Agnes

Last edited:

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
I’m not sure how to add an image to a reply in this forum, but when I cropped and zoomed in on her photo I realized something. Agnes’s eyes are positioned incorrectly on her face. Similarities to other characters aside, it’s pretty evident the proportion of the eyeballs is way off.

Last edited:

gebi

Cloud Prince
Personally, I don't think so. Considering Agnes' accent is wrong and she looks to be traced from Marth's face and Palutena's eyes. Also, Shadow's eyes are a bit off, the Isabelle portrait looks awful, and Isaac's hair is way too brown.
Yeah plus it's way too early for this kind of leak, the appearance of Agnes a character i doubt did anything substantial on a ballot and this is a game that is very ballot and fan service heavy. I am sure the security would be much bigger on the game this time around thanks to the ESRB leak. To the point where Sakurai is removing secret characters all together so he can beat the leakers (well that is the reason we assume he is doing this). On top of that Agnes over Geno? I doubt it, Geno has to be the next Square character and this is Smash Ultimate after all and i think a lot of people are forgetting that. Why would they put in Ridley, K Rool and Simon but forget about Geno? I don't see it happening, especially if there is another square character instead. Either Geno is the Square character or as Banjodorf Banjodorf said earlier we are not getting one at all. Agnes wouldn't even be the next in line after Geno. It would be a DQ character and then maybe Sora. I doubt the team would let Square do something like that to them again without getting little G first. 4chan and whoever can call me delusional and a Genof*g all they want, but i am sure that's the way its gonna be

Well, glad to see that the leak turned out to be most probably a fake. I liked the character choices except for Agnès. When we thought that she was Ayumi Tachibana it wasn't that bad, that pick surprised me, but Agnès... I dunno. Bravely Default wasn't that bad, but I don't know why would Sakurai pick her. I've never seen a single person asking for her.

Geno is still in the race! I really hope that we get some character reveal in September, this wait is killing me.
Even if it is just one echo fighter i wouldn't mind, so long as it puts this leak to rest at this point.

Last edited:

GenoREBORN

Smash Rookie
Just an insight but the Mii Gunner’s position on that long poster of every character’s just begging to be replaced with Geno. He’s separated from the other Mii’s and I think all 3 were together previously. Possible hint?

FUN FACT: Today marks the 10th anniversary of Mario RPG’s Virtual Console revival.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I just heard the one leaker that "leaked" those renders said that he'd be showing gameplay footage? Anyone else hear this?

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
with the new classic mode style. the fights are themed with the character you're playing as, each character has their own roster of opponents and stages n stuff.

What would Geno's be like?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I just heard the one leaker that "leaked" those renders said that he'd be showing gameplay footage? Anyone else hear this?
From what I understand, that was hours ago, and they never delivered. Of course, maybe they have and I missed it, but somehow I doubt they will.

Last edited:

gebi

Cloud Prince
Just an insight but the Mii Gunner’s position on that long poster of every character’s just begging to be replaced with Geno. He’s separated from the other Mii’s and I think all 3 were together previously. Possible hint?

FUN FACT: Today marks the 10th anniversary of Mario RPG’s Virtual Console revival.
Haha i said a similar thing a while back on this board :))
i wouldn't say its evidence but its definitely food for thought.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
with the new classic mode style. the fights are themed with the character you're playing as, each character has their own roster of opponents and stages n stuff.

What would Geno's be like?
Would probably be either the forest maze, or maybe Bowser's castle with Exor periodically spitting out members of the Smithy gang to muck about on the stage. Could see something with Bowyer disabling buttons, but I feel like people would never play it with stage hazards on.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
From what I understand, that was hours ago, and they never delivered. Of course, maybe they have and I missed it, but somehow I doubt they will.
but did he mean he was gona show the footage immediately? or like in the near future?

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
but did he mean he was gona show the footage immediately? or like in the near future?
I’ve only heard they were going to “show video” from second-hand sources. I have no reason to believe it’ll actually happen, honestly.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hi Geno fans. I’ve made palette swaps for a number of confirmed and potential newcomers. Here’s the one for Geno. Let me know what you guys think!

A5E2DEFE-D830-4851-BCD8-28883E79DBAF.png

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Hi Geno fans. I’ve made palette swaps for a number of confirmed and potential newcomers. Here’s the one for Geno. Let me know what you guys think!
Not bad! I feel like you could get away with stealing some color palettes from other characters in the various mario RPGs. Fan favorites like mallow, vivian and fawful, for instance, could be used in addition to some outright custom palettes.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

View attachment 160856
The Green and purple, Cyan and Magenta, and Purple and white are pretty good.

I just realized the third one is Red, White, and Blue which could be a reference to his Star Cape.

That black one has potential and the use of coloring to make gloves is interesting. I've also seen some people color the legs and abdomen different to make it look like pants in alternate colors.

Solmatter

Smash Cadet
Not bad! I feel like you could get away with stealing some color palettes from other characters in the various mario RPGs. Fan favorites like mallow, vivian and fawful, for instance, could be used in addition to some outright custom palettes.

I made some pallete swaps for Geno back in the day.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Anyone else take the most recent "leak" as a bit of sobering reminder that Geno still has a fight to get in. To be clear, I absolutely don't believe the most recent leak for the variety of ways it just is unprofessional and doesn't work well. That said, he's still not a lock despite his chances being the best that we've ever seen...

Honestly, I might have just gotten a little too convinced of his inclusion recently given the whole Ultimate situation so far. Not necessarily a problem since it's more earned than usual, but still, I needed a reminder that this isn't a done deal. I've tried to say that I don't believe in any locks for the roster, but Geno has just felt sooo... close to finally happening.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Anyone else take the most recent "leak" as a bit of sobering reminder that Geno still has a fight to get in. To be clear, I absolutely don't believe the most recent leak for the variety of ways it just is unprofessional and doesn't work well. That said, he's still not a lock despite his chances being the best that we've ever seen...

Honestly, I might have just gotten a little too convinced of his inclusion recently given the whole Ultimate situation so far. Not necessarily a problem since it's more earned than usual, but still, I needed a reminder that this isn't a done deal. I've tried to say that I don't believe in any locks for the roster, but Geno has just felt sooo... close to finally happening.
I believed it for a while. And to be honest, given that I've been waiting 12 years for this... I wasn't surprised. It's not like I haven't been burned before.

But I don't want to bring any negativity into the thread so I will just say that it pissed me off quite a bit. xD

Solmatter

Smash Cadet

It was definitely like being doused with cold water. I'm excited for some of the characters in it too, but yet another game without Geno doesn't feel quite as "ultimate". I think that, for me, if a leak is hovering somewhere between "somewhat hype" and "somewhat dissapointing", it's all the more convincing for me.

Then again, if I were making a fake leak, I'd approach it like that, with some good choices, some bad, and leave out at least one or two highly requested characters to stir the pot.

grizby2

Smash Lord
I wont believe a still-image leak ever. people these days have smart phones on them. SMART PHONES!
you're telling me they didn't take a VIDEO of such sweet info? or at least a dozen pictures? and that they cut out the pictures separately instead? and that they all just so happen to have varying pixel quality?!

nononononono… I want to see them BOOT the game/demo, play it, AND do requests + a reliable 3rd party witness who is recording the SAME footage and at a different angle.
I know my standards are high... but.... you just gotta make SURE! ya know?

lol. but yeah, nothing about it looks "smash ultimate" to me. the textures just... look bland.

Last edited:

ridleystan

Smash Cadet
i swear to god if steve from minecraft gets ****ing revealed i will eat my shirt, mark my words. he is never ****ing getting in

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
http://www.polljunkie.com/poll/qbecjn/reddit-super-smash-bros-poll

In the chance anyone missed this poll, it's up to 5k votes and Geno is close to the top.
Amazing to see how popular Geno still is. Of course, Skull Kid being first there is proof that rumors and leaks affect what people want, so if a lot of rumors talk about Geno being in the game more people are going to want him in the game. But still, amazing that a 20-yo character that most people dismiss as "irrelevant and forgotten" is ranking fourth in such a poll.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
While I'm honestly not too huge on Banjo (never played his games), I'd still take him 100 times over a minecraft character.

As far as MS characters go, I'd actually like to see Master Chief the most, but I realize he has incredibly slim to non-existant chances and that Banjo has WAY more going for him.

Mariobro_

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mariobro_WiiU

I made some pallete swaps for Geno back in the day.
man now that i've seen these i feel like i'll be disappointed with whatever Geno actually gets for his palette swaps if/when he gets in, i absolutely love these.
it's hard to pick a favourite here, they're all awesome. the Vivian, Mallow and Dimentio ones in particular are swaps i would be all over if they were official, though all 7 look spectacular.

gebi

Cloud Prince
I was so on the fence about the leak for a while, remembering how the ESRB leak even had its fair share of inconsistencies. But i then remember that was much closer to the launch of the game, had less inconsitances then this leak and they were also not as big and noticable. Just wait it out until Septembers Direct and we will be fine im sure of it. We may not get Geno in that direct exactly but i am sure we will at least something that pulls the trigger on the leak for good.

I wont believe a still-image leak ever. people these days have smart phones on them. SMART PHONES!
you're telling me they didn't take a VIDEO of such sweet info? or at least a dozen pictures? and that they cut out the pictures separately instead? and that they all just so happen to have varying pixel quality?!

nononononono… I want to see them BOOT the game/demo, play it, AND do requests + a reliable 3rd party witness who is recording the SAME footage and at a different angle.
I know my standards are high... but.... you just gotta make SURE! ya know?

lol. but yeah, nothing about it looks "smash ultimate" to me. the textures just... look bland.
Yeah and its not like people can defend it with "oh the textures aren't polished up yet" because all the newcomers thus far have looked incredible and finished if not near complete, render and moveset wise.

Last edited:

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Yeah and its not like people can defend it with "oh the textures aren't polished up yet" because all the newcomers thus far have looked incredible and finished if not near complete, render and moveset wise.
That's an understatement. The level of polish for everything in Ultimate so far is absolutely absurd, and that was just for the E3 demo.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
The thing about anonymous text leaks is that anyone can make them and there unfortunately enough people in the Smash community who are desperate enough to believe them. We have no reason to believe any of them even if one or two got a couple lucky guesses.

Anyone who is decent enough with Photoshop can make a fake image leak. There are so many flaws with that image leak from yesterday that I'm surprised it got enough traction as it did. It is nowhere near as credible as the ESRB leak was.

My gut is telling me that Geno is the last character Sakurai reveals. Why not end things off with a bang?

link2702

Smash Champion
My gut is telling me that Geno is the last character Sakurai reveals. Why not end things off with a bang?
Please no...don’t torture us by making us wait that long. Reveal him next direct so we know he’s locked in, then the only torture we gotta deal with is the wait for release...

gebi

Cloud Prince
That's an understatement. The level of polish for everything in Ultimate so far is absolutely absurd, and that was just for the E3 demo.
Yeah you are right haha i probably made it sound worse then it is, even if i was positive about it

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
So gotta ask since it's virtually September; what do you guys think the Nintendo Online Service stuff is going to be like/how much is it going to fly or crash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom