• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Sakurai posted a pic on his twitter that shows Link, Marth, and Shulk facing the Ratholos. Their stances are very reminiscent of Golden Sun battles. It could be a teaser which would be very cool.
I just looked this up, and it seems quite intriguing. Golden Sun battles do have a specific angle to them that few other RPGs do. Happy for the Isaac fans for this nugget of hope!

Now how about a Geno hint, Sakurai? Please...?

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Here is a fun question, besides Geno or Mallow, who is your favorite SMRPG character, and do you hope they are somehow represented in Smash, be it as a trophy, background element, or assist trophy?
Mallow. I love them both, but I love Mallow's pants jumping ways. I want both as separate playable characters.

For anything else, I'd like a stage on the Kinklink Chandeliers whatever it be called. As for anything else that's character related, multi man Smash with Axem Rangers would be cool.

KanataLen

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of, anybody wonder how Geno Whirl as an attack might work? Obviously the draw in to the otherwise average attack is the chance to do maximum damage with a well timed button press. Given that, and knowing Sakurai's eye for detail, he would probably try to incorporate that feature into Smash. Still, I wonder how that would work. Obviously an actual insta kill or max knock back or damage would be OP, so we wouldn't want that. I saw a YouTube video suggest that timing a press of the special button right when the attack hits an opponent could make it do the same damage and knockback as a Smash attack. This could work, but there's always the chance it could be cheesed by just mashing the special button (unless Geno's moves were only designed to get one shot at the timed button press.). Maybe this could be circumvented by making Geno Whirl a slow move that you can't just spam,but fast enough to throw out if you feel lucky?
I was thinking it would be like a burst option. the action and endlag for the move would be large, and the disk would be incredibly fast, making the timing difficult, and hitting B again would make the disk burst with a large sourspot (which would be weaker than the normal move) and a small sweet-spot in the middle that would be several times more powerful (but would only exist if the button was pressed). Making it a move with high risk would balance out the high reward.

Unfortunately I don't think there IS going to be any more stages. But there is always the possibility of DLC
What about the Monster Hunter stage? I've counted up all of the stages on the website and they go to 103 like the direct said, but that stage is simply not seen. That could just be part of the unmentioned mode though.

Kero the Invincible

Smash Apprentice
As of being nonchalantly slapped in the face by Ridley and K.Rool, basically saying, "Yes, we can, and DID make the characters you asked for", I can't discount anything anymore.

They're literally giving us everything.

Every character in Smash history.

Multiple characters as echo-fighters to dispel the "too similar" rants.

Simon. Freaking. Belmont.

At this point, I think a popular character like Geno has a genuine chance. He officially has my support, so find yourselves a star, and start wishing!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Oh, cool. Can we link Link, Marth, or Shulk to any specific character reference? I am not too familiar with Golden Sun, but I am still rooting for Issac.
The sword-wielding nature of the characters reflects the general Golden Sun party. The Isaac thread has also noted that it's in order of when the character joined the series (Link -> Marth -> Shulk) in a similar fashion to characters getting added to the right when they join the GS party. And there's only three of them, one more would mirror the GS party.

Not saying I'm 100% behind all these theories, but the parallels are interesting nonetheless.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I was thinking what Geno's trailer would look like and my mind keeps going back to the SSB64 intro where the fighters were dolls.

I've picked up Mario RPG and got into Rose Town for the first time. Almost close to meeting Geno.

Edit: I've met Geno and I thought of his splash art tag line. It probably has been suggested before. I don't recall. I'm going to go with "Geno serves a higher power"

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
So, in all these years of speculation, has anyone considered Geno getting in and having Mallow attack with him for some of his moves? I almost feel like Sakurai would nab the rights for both of them if he was going so far as to reach out to Square to acquire the licensing rights. I mean, why not? They're both the signature characters of SMRPG.

Of course I'm sure someone has suggested this before. I just don't frequent this thread at all. But having Mallow participate in some in some of his moves would be a cool niche, they could even officially be called "Geno and Mallow" as a character. I'd actually prefer this over just plain Geno on his own, as it would capture an overall larger part of their home game, and it would make basically the whole original cast playable in some form in Smash.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, in all these years of speculation, has anyone considered Geno getting in and having Mallow attack with him for some of his moves? I almost feel like Sakurai would nab the rights for both of them if he was going so far as to reach out to Square to acquire the licensing rights. I mean, why not? They're both the signature characters of SMRPG.

Of course I'm sure someone has suggested this before. I just don't frequent this thread at all. But having Mallow participate in some in some of his moves would be a cool niche, they could even officially be called "Geno and Mallow" as a character. I'd actually prefer this over just plain Geno on his own, as it would capture an overall larger part of their home game, and it would make basically the whole original cast playable in some form in Smash.
There was a major rumor that's been proven fake that had Mallow and Geno together.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
So..what do you guys think will happen in the next direct? With K. Rool that puts the roster at 67 unique fighters. When all is said I say we'll get up to 72, because Sakurai always over achieves. My prediction is we will see Geno confirmed playable to complete the triangle of Melee era requests. If this one will be anything like the last direct, I think it's safe to say we'll see at least two newcomers and a couple of echoes. I say Geno will be one, but who will the other be? I was going to say it would be the new Pokemon fighter, but now Skull Kid is heavily on the radar thanks to loz18. I see the next direct coming in October, and Skull Kid with his mask would fit perfectly. In fact I see Skull Kid being the opening character, with Geno being the "holy **** Sakurai did it" fighter to close it out. For echoes I guess we'll finally see the long rumored Isabelle from Vergeben, and then maybe Shadow and Dixie Kong?
So do you guys say? Skull Kid or Pokemon?

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
So..what do you guys think will happen in the next direct? With K. Rool that puts the roster at 67 unique fighters. When all is said I say we'll get up to 72, because Sakurai always over achieves. My prediction is we will see Geno confirmed playable to complete the triangle of Melee era requests. If this one will be anything like the last direct, I think it's safe to say we'll see at least two newcomers and a couple of echoes. I say Geno will be one, but who will the other be? I was going to say it would be the new Pokemon fighter, but now Skull Kid is heavily on the radar thanks to loz18. I see the next direct coming in October, and Skull Kid with his mask would fit perfectly. In fact I see Skull Kid being the opening character, with Geno being the "holy **** Sakurai did it" fighter to close it out. For echoes I guess we'll finally see the long rumored Isabelle from Vergeben, and then maybe Shadow and Dixie Kong?
So do you guys say? Skull Kid or Pokemon?
Sakurai's tweet really made me reconsider one of my old most wanted. I really feel Isaac coming to the roster. Right now I want Geno -> Isaac -> Skull Kid as unique newcommers. And honestly as many echoes as Sakurai can get away with.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I would love for the long-time requests to get their comeuppance with this game. We've all been waiting for far too long at this point. Sakurai has to think we've waited long enough as well.

Personally, I'm down for Geno, Isaac and Skull Kid all getting theirs as well as Dixie Kong coming in as an echo. I do expect Isabelle and Shadow as well, however (as echoes).

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
Here's all the information I have gathered regarding Geno in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
- People have wanted him since Melee, but especially during the Brawl days.
- Sakurai also wants him in.
- Square and Nintendo are on good terms.
- Square needs another rep. Every company but Namco and Square have at least 2 reps.
- Sakurai bought a mech figurine to design a character for game (obviously Smash). It resembles Geno's quite a bit.
- The list of Mario music has not been revealed yet. Seems odd not to reveal that as Mario is a super popular franchise.
- Geno was pretty high on the Smash Ballot, and the big boys have been revealed.
- Geno's Mii costume was the only one which got a splash screen. This shows the importance of Geno. Not even K. Rool's got one!
- Why wasn't Peach's Final Smash shown yet?
what does peach's final smash have anything to do with Geno?

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
what does peach's final smash have anything to do with Geno?
Not sure what FurretBro had in mind but my guess would be that it could change to "Psych Bomb" if Geno gets in.

I used to think that "Psych Bomb" was going to be her Final Smash back in the Brawl speculation days, at least. :laugh:

Last edited:

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
ok what if the next direct had a double reveal trailer for Geno and Skull kid. here is how i would picture the trailer. So younglink is walking through the lost woods from majora's mask and he sees a shadowy figure walking through the lost wood tunnels. young link attempts to follow the strange silhouette through the tunnels and he instead sees skull kid sitting on a tree stump. then it reveals skull kid as a playable character and shows his gameplay. after the gameplay segment it cuts to the cutscene and skull kid is about to finish young link and boom a flash of circular yellow light cuts in between skull kid and link only to reveal Geno right there to save link. Then it goes into Geno's gameplay and right after that. the ending of the cutscene is Geno helping link up and leading him out of the woods. what do you guys think?

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
I don't know. That Sakurai tweet could be teasing Issac. It probably will be Skull Kid and Issac. Hopefully there's at least one more Direct after the next because I think we'll still be waiting for Geno then. =( Something tells me we're gonna be waiting till the 11th hour for Geno unfortunately. It could get ugly.

Last edited:

Kero!

Smash Cadet
What if the screenshot Sakurai posted just means nothing?
I mean, it sure doesn't LOOK like nothing, and it probably ISN'T nothing,
but if it turns out that it's just a screenshot, then what?

Just curious oop

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Could we possibly look to see if there were previous times sakurai has teased a character like this before their reveal?
We should look for a pattern.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Could we possibly look to see if there were previous times sakurai has teased a character like this before their reveal?
We should look for a pattern.
Careful - that's a route that we don't want to go too far down.

Plus, on a more serious note, Sakurai stopped tweeting about games as much because everyone assumed that it was tied to Smash somehow - I really hope that doesn't extend to his regular tweets because people took his comment about his eyes being red as a hint at Simon (the Bloody Tears music) or K. Rool (his giant bloodshot eye).

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
It could take a while but it's worth a shot !

I do think the image has the potential to tease Isaac but it could also mean nothing as well. It's a 50/50 chance.

Honestly, I would like to see Bowser and Geno duke it out in his reveal trailer, or Megaman. Megaman and Geno could have a great rivalery but that's just me :')

I am just so ready to see him again, he is so close yet so far.

Plus Mallow would be a great Assist Trophy :)

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Honestly, I would like to see Bowser and Geno duke it out in his reveal trailer, or Megaman. Megaman and Geno could have a great rivalery but that's just me :')
I don't see Geno and Bowser dukeing it out(They were pals in SMRPG), but I could see Megaman. Actually, a lot of themes of SMRPG and Megaman can be applied to each other, as those themes do center on weapons and there use(Smithy's desire to fill the world with weapons and Dr.Lights desire to make a truly human robots that in the end become weapons, even Megaman)

Last edited:

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
eyzx0ppuoif11.png

I'm not completely crazy - this legit looks like him.

Last edited:

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
I don't see Geno and Bowser dukeing it out(They were pals in SMRPG), but I could see Megaman. Actually, a lot of themes of SMRPG and Megaman can be applied to each other, as those themes do center on weapons and there use(Smithy's desire to fill the world with weapons and Dr.Lights desire to make a truly human robots that in the end become weapons, even Megaman)
Oooh you're right, I forgot. Then maybe it could be like a fake out in the trailer, like Geno jumps out in front of Bowser and it looks like they are about to duke it out but then the gameplay ends and they are just catching up or doing what "pal" thing they had :) It would be nice :'D (Like Syke, you thought Bowser was the next victim but nope)

View attachment 157394
I'm not completely crazy - this legit looks like him.
The link is broken :(

Last edited:

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
I saw that thing about the book the other day. Looks like Geno, but I think that's mostly because I want to believe it is him lol. It's probably nothing.

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
What are you talking about? (I don’t mean in a rude manner)
There's a blue book in the top left corner in the background of the Sakurai footage from the Smash Direct that kinda looks like it has a Geno render on the front of it.

It's probably not Geno, and we're imagining it, but it's cool to look at and speculate.

Last edited:

TBone06

Smash Ace
Here is a fun question, besides Geno or Mallow, who is your favorite SMRPG character, and do you hope they are somehow represented in Smash, be it as a trophy, background element, or assist trophy?
Late to the party, but Jonathan Johnny Jones was always a character I wish was playable during the Yardovich fight. I fully don't expect him to be referenced at all, but he was a fun part of that game.

grizby2

Smash Lord
I always pictured him coming to save Rosalina. since hes a star warrior, it might be his duty to protect someone so "celestial". maybe Rosalina is that "higher authority" he serves XD

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
Late to the party, but Jonathan Johnny Jones was always a character I wish was playable during the Yardovich fight. I fully don't expect him to be referenced at all, but he was a fun part of that game.
I always thought he was a really cool boss because you can fight him 1 V 1 with Mario if you choose to.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
With King K Rool, Simon Belmont, and Ridley in the game it looks like we’re all going conspiracy theory to see if certain characters are in the game. And I love it.

In the past, we used to have all sorts of conspiracy theories, but they didn’t really have all that much of a shot at being true. For the first time crazy additions are all around, and sakurai might actually do some of this stuff this time around.

This is fun now.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Honestly, it almost feels like Johnny was some unplanned 6th party member. He was just super cool and had that sort of potential. Plus, it is common in RPG's to have party members like Johnny, especially as your last member.

TBone06

Smash Ace
I always thought he was a really cool boss because you can fight him 1 V 1 with Mario if you choose to.
Yeah, that was really bad ass, especially for a game so old. I thought it was really cool.

Honestly, it almost feels like Johnny was some unplanned 6th party member. He was just super cool and had that sort of potential. Plus, it is common in RPG's to have party members like Johnny, especially as your last member.
I completely agree, I was always hoping. But it never ended up happening. It's too bad, but eh, what can you do? It's still one of my favourite moments of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom