• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I feel like typing out a train of thought I've been having.

People seem to be set on our current stage list being our final lineup, despite more characters coming. While I don't personally think this is the last of the new stages, if it is, I think it actually works in Geno's favor.

As much as I would absolutely love a Mario RPG stage, as I know everyone here would... Geno doesn't really need a stage if he does get included. Why? Because he's a Mario character. Third Party or not, he still classifies as one. And Mario already has a LOT of stages.

I do hope we at least get a remix or two if that is the case, and I still believe we have more stages coming, but Geno is one of the few third parties who I feel still has a chance if that is the case.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
That's the figure Sakurai is using as a reference but he's not using it for the figure. He's using it for the rifle it's holding. As stated in the interview here,

https://nintendoeverything.com/masahiro-sakurai-bought-a-vifam-figure-as-a-reference-for-his-work/

"You shouldn’t jump to the conclusion that Sakurai is making a game based on that series. Rather, he wanted the attached rifle gun to use as a reference for his work. Now the question is: in which way is he using the figure as a reference? "
That is a good point, but let me remind you that Custom Robo also has customizable guns too.

Both seem like reasonable possibilities.

-Coco-

Smash Ace

People seem to be set on our current stage list being our final lineup, despite more characters coming. While I don't personally think this is the last of the new stages, if it is, I think it actually works in Geno's favor.

As much as I would absolutely love a Mario RPG stage, as I know everyone here would... Geno doesn't really need a stage if he does get included. Why? Because he's a Mario character. Third Party or not, he still classifies as one. And Mario already has a LOT of stages.
Exactly this. Characters from existing franchises don't always get stages. That works out in Geno's favor as that only leaves him and Final Fantasy.

domriver

Smash Lord

True - however I don't think Sakurai will pass on the opportunity to create a stage based off of SMRPG.

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman

I do hope we at least get a remix or two if that is the case, and I still believe we have more stages coming, but Geno is one of the few third parties who I feel still has a chance if that is the case.
A stage would be sweet but honestly I'd much rather have a bunch of SMRPG songs if I had to choose between them. I agree.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
True he doesn’t NEED a stage but if he did it would be awesome
True - however I don't think Sakurai will pass on the opportunity to create a stage based off of SMRPG.
A stage would be sweet but honestly I'd much rather have a bunch of SMRPG songs if I had to choose between them. I agree.
Again, I absolutely believe we aren't done with Stages, but a large chunk of the fan base seems to think so based off Sakurai's wording. I still believe we'll get more, and that Geno will get one when/if he makes it in. I'm just purely speaking from the possibility of it indeed being the last of the stages we have, since I know that prospect has been scaring some people for their character's chances.

If it were a brand new third party, like Castlevania is, a stage would be a necessity I feel. But that's a law I feel Geno could be excluded from, if and only if this is indeed the last of the stages.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't know about Soren, but I'm sure Galacta is popular enough... at least in the Kirby fandom; and I've seen some people wanting him too.
I'm sure that most of the Bandana Dee supporters will move to Magolor and Galacta next.
This leak specifically has no Bandana Dee.

And Galacta Knight isn't making ANY top lists. Not even close.

Would Bandana Dee supporters be happy if we get Galacta Knight as an echo and no Bandana Dee?

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
I think the next Direct will be Oct 10. 10/10 for Geno, call it a hunch. Just like Sonic's reveal from Brawl.
Would love this. Sonic was my most wanted then, and 10/10 is my birthday. If Geno makes it in this time, and on the same day? It would be incredible!

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
So Geno is basically confirmed at this point:

Sakurai: "Geno was actually a character I wanted to include as a fighter. He has a gun for an arm, and just seems like he'd fit absolutely perfectly into Smash. I was hoping I'd be able to put him in as far back as Super Smash Bros. Brawl"
- Sakurai wants Geno in and he was likely deined by Square back during Brawl. With Cloud in his chance is now!

Sakurai: "He's incredibly popular. Even though he's an old character, we keep getting loads of votes and requests for us to put him in the game"
- Sakurai notes his popularity just like Dark Samus and Chrom during the direct

Sakurai: I made sure he'd be in as a Mii costume so his fans would at least feel that they got something
- Sakurai knew he was saving Geno for Smash Ultimate and like K. Rool included a mii costume to tide fans over

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
This leak specifically has no Bandana Dee.

And Galacta Knight isn't making ANY top lists. Not even close.

Would Bandana Dee supporters be happy if we get Galacta Knight as an echo and no Bandana Dee?
Bandana Dee is one of those characters that rumors usually says sakurai has a difficult time implementing as a character.

I don't know if that leak is true, but to me, Waddle dee is a do or die situation.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So Geno is basically confirmed at this point:

Sakurai: "Geno was actually a character I wanted to include as a fighter. He has a gun for an arm, and just seems like he'd fit absolutely perfectly into Smash. I was hoping I'd be able to put him in as far back as Super Smash Bros. Brawl"
- Sakurai wants Geno in and he was likely deined by Square back during Brawl. With Cloud in his chance is now!

Sakurai: "He's incredibly popular. Even though he's an old character, we keep getting loads of votes and requests for us to put him in the game"
- Sakurai notes his popularity just like Dark Samus and Chrom during the direct

Sakurai: I made sure he'd be in as a Mii costume so his fans would at least feel that they got something
- Sakurai knew he was saving Geno for Smash Ultimate and like K. Rool included a mii costume to tide fans over
Nothing we haven't heard before, but it's still always great to be reminded of Sakurai's words. His chances really have never been better, and a LOT of people are jumping on the Geno train after K. Rool was confirmed.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
We have 2/3 of the smash wanted characters, Geno is the only one left
It's a new remix, but as you said, it's SMB3's Bowser Battle music, which obviously came first. I don't think it's really any confirmation.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Sadly I think both are unlikely because of GS being a dead series and Microsoft owning Banjo. Would love to be wrong though.
Well, The last direct did prove that relevancy wasn't a barrier anymore.
That, and Microsoft would probably allow them in smash.

But hey, possibilities.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Sadly I think both are unlikely because of GS being a dead series and Microsoft owning Banjo. Would love to be wrong though.
Idk, franchises being dead has not stopped Sakurai before, and Microsoft and Nintendo have been pretty friendly as of late.

Hero044

Smash Cadet
Is there a way to see the new replies while I’m watching this instead of just getting out of the conversation and going back in?

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Idk, franchises being dead has not stopped Sakurai before, and Microsoft and Nintendo have been pretty friendly as of late.
It may be too late for the base game. I don't even think Minecraft was on Wii U in 2015.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Most likely referring to this.
I sure hope not, because fan polls really should not be used as an indication of popularity. They make up a very small, biased portion of the overall Smash community. But I digress.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Unfortunately I don't think there IS going to be any more stages. But there is always the possibility of DLC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom