• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
So guys, I just had a terrifying thought...If Geno is last to be revealed, I see Sakurai pulling a K. Rool, acting like the direct is over, only worse:

"Well, that's all for this direct. We hope you're happy with all of the new fighters added. We've worked very hard to make sure 'everyone is here.'"

Then the screen goes black, and shows the Nintendo logo. Every Geno fan feels crushed--for a horrible 5 seconds, before Sakurai fades back into view.

"Actually, not everyone is here just yet. There's one more fighter, coming from quite a ways away. Please, take a look..."

And then Every Geno fan weeps as he is finally revealed. The scary part is, this is just Sakurai enough to actually happen. Don't get me wrong, I will be beyond happy that he'll be in, but I will straight-up have a heart attack for those five terrible seconds. I'm worried he just will not be able to resist the trolling on this one...

Please, Sakurai...don't play with the Geno fans' hearts anymore. We've been through enough, lol.

Hero044

Smash Cadet
So guys, I just had a terrifying thought...If Geno is last to be revealed, I see Sakurai pulling a K. Rool, acting like the direct is over, only worse:

"Well, that's all for this direct. We hope you're happy with all of the new fighters added. We've worked very hard to make sure 'everyone is here.'"

Then the screen goes black, and shows the Nintendo logo. Every Geno fan feels crushed--for a horrible 5 seconds, before Sakurai fades back into view.

"Actually, not everyone is here just yet. There's one more fighter, coming from quite a ways away. Please, take a look..."

And then Every Geno fan weeps as he is finally revealed. The scary part is, this is just Sakurai enough to actually happen. Don't get me wrong, I will be beyond happy that he'll be in, but I will straight-up have a heart attack for those five terrible seconds. I'm worried he just will not be able to resist the trolling on this one...

Please, Sakurai...don't play with the Geno fans' hearts anymore. We've been through enough, lol.
For those painful five seconds, my heart would be crushed

MattX20

Smash Hero

I don't think Sakurai would do that frankly. My personal guess is we will see him in September along with Bandana Dee.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I don't think Sakurai would do that frankly. My personal guess is we will see him in September along with Bandana Dee.
Oh man, I hope you're right, on both accounts! Then I could finally rest easy, knowing everyone I wanted will be in.

...Until DLC, of course. Then it's Spring Man and Rhythm Heaven all the way!

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
I have no clue what his UP-B could be some sort of recovery move. Geno Boost?
Hmm. I'm thinking maybe a variation of Geno Blast where he shoots a bunch of those coloured beams downwards and uses them to propel himself. That's being kinda creative though as the attack doesn't really come from him in SMRPG. He sort of just calls it down from the sky.

So maybe he can shoot his hands off below him using Double Punch and that will propel him upwards. Maybe if you're standing on flat ground you can charge it and it could effect the area to either side of him while he jumps up. Think like Sonic's Spring, but more of an attack than a pure jump (with less height).

Hero044

Smash Cadet
Hmm. I'm thinking maybe a variation of Geno Blast where he shoots a bunch of those coloured beams downwards and uses them to propel himself. That's being kinda creative though as the attack doesn't really come from him in SMRPG. He sort of just calls it down from the sky.

So maybe he can shoot his hands off below him using Double Punch and that will propel him upwards. Maybe if you're standing on flat ground you can charge it and it could effect the area to either side of him while he jumps up. Think like Sonic's Spring, but more of an attack than a pure jump (with less height).
Maybe he becomes a canon and shoots himself out, you can also angle it

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Well, in terms of moves I am not that picky or imaginative but after seeing this mod trailer for him in P:M some time ago makes it quite what I would find somewhat plausible for him to have in Ultimate. Just a thought.

:bowser:.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Hey, what do you think Geno's taunts, victory animations, and other various animations would be?

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
What do you guys think Geno's "gimmick" could be, if any? Sometimes fighters have something special regarding their play style. Little Mac has a meter, Ryu has Street Fighter inputs, Rosalina has Luma, etc. I get the feeling Sakurai might pay tribute to SMRPG by implementing some sort of timed hits into his move set. Maybe that's too ambitious so let's pretend it's just for his Specials. I could see the 3 Star system from SMRPG showing up on screen when charging up one of the "Geno" moves (Blast, Beam, etc.) and releasing it at the right time could add a damage bonus.

Any ideas?
I could see his being based around timing Stars like in SMRPG. Charging or sweet spotting based on Stars. Or even adjusting how stars affect damage vs knockback. Or overcharge to a 4th star and commit a huge attack but leave Geno stunned for a minute.
I could also see him having an additional Shield+B where he does Geno boost to increase his stats like in his game that adjust damage, but takes a while to activate or renders his shield vanished making him a true glass cannon like he was in SMRPG while it's active. That'd be cool.

Hey, what do you think Geno's taunts, victory animations, and other various animations would be?
Victory animation oughta be him riding a star piece and landing to face the camera in his victory animation from SMRPG.

Taunts I could see being his laugh animation from SMRPG, him pulling out an item from under his cap and a cloud bubble saying "Get a Freebie", and last but not least his victory pose with the "♡♪!?" over his head.

Last edited:

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
I would imagine his stage entrance would be him as a star entering the lifeless Geno doll. I could see his nod animation being a taunt and a victory animation. I could also see Geno Boost being a taunt if it's not implemented into his move set.

A cool taunt / victory animation would be him raising his arms collecting / showing off one of the 7 stars.

Kero!

Smash Cadet
His victory would definitely be his end of battle victory pose!!
Unless that's made a taunt.

But for taunts, maybe one where he stumbles around like how he hit the stairs when he first took over the doll?
Basically, just little things he did along with all of the other characters in game as reaction to things if i had to guess.
(Maybe even taking an item out from underneath his hat?)

I don't really have any ideas for an idle animation though, haha

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I sorta hope he sleeps standing up like in the game. I could imagine one of his taunts being his laugh animation from SMRPG, just to showcase a bit of his less serious side.

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I just thought of another taunt possibility. In SMRPG sometimes characters would face plant onto the ground when they were shocked / baffled. I think that'd be a funny taunt and a cool callback to the series.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I just though of an amzing tribute to SMRPG! What if in one of his taunts he does something similar to Luigi's rapid expression taunt, except he transforms into various different characters like when the party had had to show how something happened!

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
I just though of an amzing tribute to SMRPG! What if in one of his taunts he does something similar to Luigi's rapid expression taunt, except he transforms into various different characters like when the party had had to show how something happened!
Hahah I love that idea. It'd be cool if he turned into various SNES sprites.

Kero!

Smash Cadet
I so badly want to see all of this happen. I literally can't contain my excitement.

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
Saw this theory on Reddit. Makes sense I guess. Isn't the 2nd Mushroom for Mario Kart, though?

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
Is there enough Mario Kart songs to warrant a different section?
Tbh I doubt it but I think it was separated for a different reason in the past. With songs being organized by series in this game though maybe it'll change and then Geno's music (which is a Mushroom, but owned by Square) would be separate? I dunno, honestly. It's really intriguing that it doesn't say "FINAL FANTASY" but rather "FINAL FANTASY VII". It's not too farfetched to believe various Square games would be listed individually.

Hero044

Smash Cadet
Tbh I doubt it but I think it was separated for a different reason in the past. With songs being organized by series in this game though maybe it'll change and then Geno's music (which is a Mushroom, but owned by Square) would be separate? I dunno, honestly. It's really intriguing that it doesn't say "FINAL FANTASY" but rather "FINAL FANTASY VII". It's not too farfetched to believe various Square games would be listed individually.
Maybe

domriver

Smash Lord

This would be me.

His entrance should be " Doll on the battlefield and star comes down giving it life.

Taunt 1: Doing his victory pose from ( the one where he is victorious in battle)
Taunt 2: Maybe turning into his doll.
Taunt 3: Geno takes out a star from SMRPG and polishes it.

Victory theme well you all know. -----> this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpQWTOQA-jc

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Okay then. Honestly, and I say this while thinking the inevitable 3rd rate their chances for Geno, I imagine the few Geno detractors left are really gonna latch onto that whole 2 FF song thing.

link2702

Smash Champion
As far as his moves go It might be awkward, but I think geno beam could be his up special and neutral b, I feel it being a recovery as he shoots it straight below him can work fine

Geno whirl needs to be his side special, with a very strict timing window to do a critical hit just like in smrpg. Granted we can’t have any move doing 999 damage in one hit in smash as that’d be broken as hell, instead maybe 30-40 % with higher knock back, while the normal one only does like 5 %

Down special can be geno boost, works similar to wii fit trainer, but doesn’t restore health, just greatly increase attack power and defense for a bit but maybe causes fatigue after finishing resulting in taking more damage for a bit after the move expires.

All that remains is his final smash. Personally I feel geno blast looked more awesome than geno wave even though wave was stronger. I feel it’d be more awesome to see huge bursts of rainbow light crashing into the stage taking everyone out than just a giant sun that bursts

Anyway that’s one idea I’ve had for it, others have revolved around making geno boost be an up special and working way differently than in smrpg, but idk, I think this works fine,

-Coco-

Smash Ace
I know there was talk about whether the mecha figure Sakurai was using as a reference for his "upcoming project" closely matches what he would need to 3d model Geno. We all came to the conclusion it fits him perfectly. I actually have a 3d Model of Geno's arm canon and it looks very close to the Mecha's rifle.

Attachments

Hero044

Smash Cadet
That is the reason geno is perfect for smash, so many different attacks and ways to put him in

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I know there was talk about whether the mecha figure Sakurai was using as a reference for his "upcoming project" closely matches what he would need to 3d model Geno. We all came to the conclusion it fits him perfectly. I actually have a 3d Model of Geno's arm canon and it looks very close to the Mecha's rifle.
That looks more like a custom robo figure though.-

Also, if you want a likely answer to why FF7 only has two songs...

it's because SE doesnt want to pay Nobou for any of the licensing. FF music is like, crazy expensive.

Last edited:

-Coco-

Smash Ace
That looks more like a custom robo figure though.-
That's the figure Sakurai is using as a reference but he's not using it for the figure. He's using it for the rifle it's holding. As stated in the interview here,

https://nintendoeverything.com/masahiro-sakurai-bought-a-vifam-figure-as-a-reference-for-his-work/

"You shouldn’t jump to the conclusion that Sakurai is making a game based on that series. Rather, he wanted the attached rifle gun to use as a reference for his work. Now the question is: in which way is he using the figure as a reference? "

Last edited:

Hero044

Smash Cadet
That's the figure Sakurai is using as a reference but he's not using it for the figure. He's using it for the rifle he's holding. As stated in the interview here,
Oml THIS INCREASES HIS CHANCES MORE

https://nintendoeverything.com/masahiro-sakurai-bought-a-vifam-figure-as-a-reference-for-his-work/

"You shouldn’t jump to the conclusion that Sakurai is making a game based on that series. Rather, he wanted the attached rifle gun to use as a reference for his work. Now the question is: in which way is he using the figure as a reference? "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom