• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kero!

Smash Cadet
People still appear to be making claims that Geno isn't relevant enough to get into Smash apparently?
And comparing him to Captain Toad/Paper Mario, saying he has no moveset potential, no personality, stuff like that.

Kinda wish they would be willing to listen as to why none of those things are true :(

Draugen

Smash Apprentice
Hey, guys!
Count me in to support Geno!
I confess that I'm not really attached to the character, but since almost all my most wanted got in (Ocarina of Time Ganondorf and K. Rool), I believe the time has come to the Genobros as well.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
People still appear to be making claims that Geno isn't relevant enough to get into Smash apparently?
And comparing him to Captain Toad/Paper Mario, saying he has no moveset potential, no personality, stuff like that.

Kinda wish they would be willing to listen as to why none of those things are true :(
Honestly, who cares what these people think. Geno's gonna be playable, no-jump-toad/2D Mario won't be lol
GENO GENO GENO

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
You know what I want most from a Geno reveal trailer, a trailer that utterly makes me cry tears.

For example, you could put Mario in a scenario, where he finally sees the puppet Geno after 20 years...

...with the plumber tearing up endlessly...

...embracing Geno tightly..

...with the mustached man finally giving the Smash Bros. invitation to the Star Warrior...

I want Sakurai to destroy me with emotional moments so badly when Geno is finally revealed. I need it.

domriver

Smash Lord
You know what I want most from a Geno reveal trailer, a trailer that utterly makes me cry tears.

For example, you could put Mario in a scenario, where he finally sees the puppet Geno after 20 years...

...with the mustached man finally giving the Smash Bros. invitation to the Star Warrior...

I want Sakurai to destroy me with emotional moments so badly when Geno is finally revealed. I need it.
That would be soo beautiful.... but lets keep the dark themes coming along eh.. im loving this side of Nintendo. >:D

Kero!

Smash Cadet

YOU GUYS NEED TO STOP DESTROYING MY HEART I CAN ONLY TAKE SO MANY FEELS

*As much as I wanna see someone get killed by Bowyer, i wanna see this happen too </3*

edit: a friend said whats gonna happen is that mario gets slapped in the face by geno

Last edited:

Kero!

Smash Cadet
Either way though, even GETTING a Geno trailer is gonna make me cry.
Being able to see a HD model cool Geno? Sweet.
Getting to see the land in HD? Sweet.

I can imagine it and it just makes me so happy.

domriver

Smash Lord
Either way though, even GETTING a Geno trailer is gonna make me cry.
Being able to see a HD model cool Geno? Sweet.
Getting to see the land in HD? Sweet.

I can imagine it and it just makes me so happy.
The idea that we may get to see Bowers Keep and Exor , Geno, and lots of SMRPG references just excites to no end. I know Sakurai will not let us down!

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Alright, the OP is updated with all the confirmed members/

Again, because of the way I determine members just @ me if you want your name removed.

So far it's up to 83 confirmed/ 81 if you don't count DarkAura64/ Fenrir and LCHSGoBigRed since their names currently aren't attached to the same user.
LCHSGoBigRed is my old name. If you don't mind to switch it to Houndstooth, I'd be very appreciative!

Kero!

Smash Cadet
The idea that we may get to see Bowers Keep and Exor , Geno, and lots of SMRPG references just excites to no end. I know Sakurai will not let us down!
Yea!!
I honestly can't wait till the next direct geez-

But honestly, what do the rest of you guys think we would see in a Geno trailer??
Like, how would it play out, who would appear, etc?
I feel I've asked this before but I don't remember...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LCHSGoBigRed is my old name. If you don't mind to switch it to Houndstooth, I'd be very appreciative!
That's another one solved. I think I just have 1 more person who's name doesn't appear with an @

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
You know, as much as I expect Forest Maze to be Geno's stage if he gets in, I think it would be cool if it ended up being Bowser's Keep instead. I feel like Bowser's Castle is looong overdue as a stage choice and I think it would be super awesome to kill two birds with one stone and make it Bowser's Keep instead.

Plus, Exor is probably an even more iconic boss from that series than even Smithy (or Culex) since he actually shows up in the opening and on the title screen (and game art). Also, also... he does tie to Geno in a multitude of ways having been the one to directly destroy the Star Road and being the only boss in the game that Geno can one-shot with Geno Whirl.

I'm just saying, guys. >_>

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Yea!!
I honestly can't wait till the next direct geez-

But honestly, what do the rest of you guys think we would see in a Geno trailer??
Like, how would it play out, who would appear, etc?
I feel I've asked this before but I don't remember...
Here's my old intro trailer idea post, from what seems like forever ago, lol. I still stick by it!

Mario and Bowser are fighting on top of Bowser's Keep (though it looks just like any other Bowser Castle stage at first glance, to throw people off.) Bowser has Peach tied up, recreating the classic stand-off. Mario and Bowser leap at each other, about to clash...

When a sword comes crashing down into the keep, sending the two flying. Peach stares at the sword, Exor, which roars at her. She struggles at her ropes, trying to get free, until...

A wooden doll drops down in front of her, lifeless. A beam of light raises it up, and it snaps to attention, opening its eyes. The light fades, and Geno drops to the ground in a fighting stance, transforming his hand into a gun barrel. Cue splash screen. Then he charges a beam, and we cut to gameplay.

Finally, in the last scene after the gameplay, it shows Geno land on a cliff far from the Keep, Peach in tow, the barrel of his gun-arm smoking. Exor dissolves into dust in the distance as he and Peach look on.
Another thing: after the 50th time rewatching the K. Rool trailer, I started to get this idea in my head of the Forest Mushrooms song remixed like the Gangplank Galleon theme got rearranged, using violins. I can just hear it, especially the jerking, staccato notes of the faster parts...I want this to be a thing. And I want Yoko Shimomura to arrange it. Her violin work is amazing.

Here's a question, though: would that be an appropriate song for a (presumedly) action-packed intro trailer? Which would be a better fit?

Muirkat

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I'm mostly in the Isaac thread, but you've got my support too! I have never actually played Super Mario RPG, but I know that Geno has been wanted for so long. I'm really hoping Geno gets confirmed in the same direct as Isaac. RPGs gotta stick together!

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I'm sure we've discussed it before (it makes sense we would have but I'm curious anyway), but do you think that if Geno gets in we'll see the same cross marketing that they've done with a lot of the third parties like Castlevania and Final Fantasy VII?

Like will it be Super Smash Bros Ultimate X Super Mario RPG?

A great way of acknowledging the game as it's own unique entity and potentially getting a lot of little content from the game in addition to the playable Geno. The game has been so rarely properly even considered in Nintendo history that I think it would be nice to see it really called upon once again.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm sure we've discussed it before (it makes sense we would have but I'm curious anyway), but do you think that if Geno gets in we'll see the same cross marketing that they've done with a lot of the third parties like Castlevania and Final Fantasy VII?

Like will it be Super Smash Bros Ultimate X Super Mario RPG?

A great way of acknowledging the game as it's own unique entity and potentially getting a lot of little content from the game in addition to the playable Geno. The game has been so rarely properly even considered in Nintendo history that I think it would be nice to see it really called upon once again.
I think they'll somehow reference his Square origin as an inside joke in his trailer, but I think they'd treat him like a Mario character

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I don't care how they do it. I just want it to happen.

I don't want to be left with my hopes and dreams crushed again. It's happened for too long with this guy. Like I am super thrilled to see Ridley and K.Rool in the game to boost my confidence but it will only feel like a major tease if Sakurai fails to include Geno in the game.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is a new leak going around saying Square is getting another rep - but it's Terra from FF.

The guy seems to be getting attention. One of his predictions was that Chrom would be a Roy echo.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Personally, I'd give Geno a 60% chance (up from 30% from before the Direct) but that's just me being conservative. And though I love that Source Gaming gave Shantae a 50% (because the character needs more love!) I'd give her a 15% chance (up from 5% before the Direct).

Edit: I don't believe that Terra stuff. =P

Sakurai knows the fandom wants Geno. He wouldn't spit in our faces by including another FF character and leaving Geno out to dry.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Personally, I'd give Geno a 60% chance (up from 30% from before the Direct) but that's just me being conservative. And though I love that Source Gaming gave Shantae a 50% (because the character needs more love!) I'd give her a 15% chance (up from 5% before the Direct).

Edit: I don't believe that Terra stuff. =P

Sakurai knows the fandom wants Geno. He wouldn't spit in our faces by including another FF character and leaving Geno out to dry.
The account of the person was deleted mysteriously off ResetERA.

Also, interesting, it has Galacta Knight as the only new Kirby rep and no Bandana Dee

-Coco-

Smash Ace
Terra seems unlikely due to FF getting only 2 songs, (I'd imagine some FF6 music would come with Terra) and the FF series on Sound test is called FF7 as opposed to FF series. That leak also said Galacta Knight was going to be an echo but Meta Knight already has him as an alt costume down to mask details and the sword.

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
I don't believe that leak. It's not that hard guessing that Chrom would be an echo of Roy instead of Ike, given that in Awakening Lucina is supposed to have imitated his way of fighting.

Also, I love FFVI and I love Terra, but I don't think she would be a great incorporation to the cast. I don't think Sakurai would prefer to add her instead of Geno and I don't know why Square would want to advertise FFVI.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Yeah, I wouldn't put too much stock into it. The person is just riding on the fact that Sakurai considered Terra and Bartz before ultimately deciding on Cloud. Geno is the Square character that Sakurai is going to fight hard for, and hopefully, he will make the cut this time so we can have the hype triforce of Ridley, K.Rool and Geno. :)

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
I’m pretty sure Geno is a lock for this one. I don’t think Sakurai will double down on the FF franchise. It just wouldn’t feel right. FF has its own crossover game in Dissidia. We don’t need to see a mirror of that in Smash. I’m just wondering who Namco will slide into this game. Lloyd? Heihachi? Agumon?

Also, I’ve been dying to play some SMRPG lately. Nintendo needs to hurry up with the Switch VC equivalent and put this gem of a game on there.

Last edited:

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Now that Simon and K.Rool are out of the way. I consider Geno the next most likely newcomer. Square is involved, Sakurai wanted him playable in Brawl, acknowledged his popularity in the ballot with a costume, and it is pretty clear that the newcomers in this game are purely fanservice and Geno is as fanservice as you can get.

Mariobro_

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mariobro_WiiU
3DS FC
1805-2375-5612
Switch FC
7913-4114-6709
hi everyone! made this account back when Smash 4 was coming up, was a huge Geno supporter back then and i still am today.
with Ultimate, Geno has the best chance he's had yet, and i really believe this game is finally gonna be the one.
the other big fan favourites are in at this point (Ridley, K. Rool, Chrom, Cloud), and that combined with how friendly Square Enix has been with the Switch, along with all the previous evidence, (the Mii Fighter thing especially!!) has me convinced.
here's hoping the dream is real!

Last edited:

TBone06

Smash Ace
Sheesh! 85% OMG
Yeah, he’s the highest rated unique fighter he has. He gave Isabelle a 90% as an Echo. It’s so great to see people so confident. Like I’ve mentioned before, I can’t remember when there has been so much positivity surrounding Geno.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I think that if Geno is going to be revealed, he will be the last character shown.

Something that people ignore when think about Geno's relevance is that his support comes since the Melee days, and since then, it never stopped.
Geno may not be all that relevant to Nintendo, but he is to Smash, because of his history of being highly requested and getting actual content in the game already.
So, while it's not 100% confirmed that Geno will be in the game, I think that his chances are very high this time.
Well, unless they will save him for DLC, because they know that we all will buy him and they can make some safe money from him... but that would be unfair.

The account of the person was deleted mysteriously off ResetERA.

Also, interesting, it has Galacta Knight as the only new Kirby rep and no Bandana Dee
Honestly this would not surprise me that much... People overrated that character a lot. I know that they are adding characters out of popularity, but I think that in some cases popularity is not enough. "Bandana Dee" has some huge obstacles to overcome before becoming playable, and one of those obstacles IMO is Toad being playable first. Since Toad is not being playable (still part of Peach/Daisy) and Cpt. Toad is almost deconfirmed, I doubt Sakurai will put an equivalent character from a less important series into the game, no matter how popular he is. But everything can happen and nothing is decided yet, there is no real way to predict.

A second FF character is not impossible too: just yesterday in the speculation thread I speculated somehing like that, due to the fact that they have shown the FF music screen and only 2 tracks were in it (when Castlevania has like 30 tracks? Can't remember but they were a lot). I think that the reason why only 2 tracks were shown is because they are keeping the other tracks secret, and they will reveal them when the character will be revealed. Anyway, this does not exclude Geno from being added as well (Konami has 3 characters, I know that one of them is an echo but still... Also Bomberman is probably not a newcomer only for low moveset potential).

By the way, I would like to see the full leak if possible, do someone have a list of the leaked characters?

Last edited:

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
I have good faith that Geno is going to be in this game. Hell, I hope they go all out and make it a Geno and Mallow team character.

astralAenigma

Smash Rookie
Hello there ! I've created an account specially to post on this thread (and also because I can't remember my previous one, oops), so... here I am !

It has been years since I want very, very badly Geno to be in Smash. He's like a symbol of my childhood... I think I would cry pure tears of joy for days if he finally manages to be in Smash. It would be like... a fulfillment. A page of my life that I could finally turn. A wish coming true...

As a French support, it isn't very easy to be heared. Geno is pretty obscure in Europe, especially in France because of the lack of translation... But I do my best, and still will ! I even cosplayed as him two years ago at the Japan Expo, and... well, nobody recognized him. I kinda expected that, though.

Actually, I'm quite positive about his chances to be in Smash. Look, Ridley, Simon Belmont and King K. Rool made it ! So Geno can absolutely do so !! You can totally count me in the support list, PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate . Sorry if my English was a bit odd to read, but I did my best to communicate my feelings towards Geno's cause. You're all doing a great job there, keep up the good work everyone ! The stars are watching us ! ;3

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, when it comes to the stages we have in Ultimate, we have never really gotten a factory based level. Maybe the SMRPG stage can be Smithy's Factory. And while I think getting Bowser's Keep would be cool, we just got a castle stage in Dracula's Castle.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I think Geno will be the final newcomer. His trailer should be a recreation of the n64 intro. The bedroom now looks to be one of an adult rather than a kid like in n64. Masterhand goes to grab the toys but this time instead of going for Mario he instead moves to under the bed and finds an old toy forgotten by time. He grabs the toy and puts it on the table, sets up the area then 3, 2, 1 SNAP! Geno flies down from the sky and possesses the toy. GENO SHOOTS FOR THE STARS!

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
All I have to say is that if Geno gets in, I will want a Geno amiibo so bad

I will literally camp out in front of a Best Buy to get my hands on one.

Ooh, and official Geno dolls. I will buy out the store.
Does it have to be Best Buy? Lol I remember when I preordered the Meta Knight amiibo, they almost sold it on me. But, for Geno's first figure in North America, I will do anything to get it!

TBone06

Smash Ace
Does it have to be Best Buy? Lol I remember when I preordered the Meta Knight amiibo, they almost sold it on me. But, for Geno's first figure in North America, I will do anything to get it!
I think I only have one Amiibo (Wooly Yoshi) that my sister bought me for Christmas. But if Geno gets in the game, I can't see myself not getting one. Hell, I may even buy a K. Rool one. That reveal trailer got to me. It's pretty hard to buy 80 characters worth, but I can buy one or two.

Get lost in the hype my dude. Geno is definitely getting in this time. No excuses if he doesn't
You better believe I'm already lost in it! For better or for worse!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom