• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It was my way of figuring out who exactly wanted to be added. I tried to post it a couple times.

None of my previous threads had supporter lists so I tried a couple things out and this seems to be the easiest way to do it.
It's my fault for not reading it all the way, believe me. It's liked now, though.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Btw, we now have the most liked first post, as we just surpassed Bandana Dee. Does not matter to much, but it's cool to know.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Btw, we now have the most liked first post, as we just surpassed Bandana Dee. Does not matter to much, but it's cool to know.
LOL, it's probably just because my weird and slightly lazy way of doing things

Last edited:

Gazorpazorpfield

Smash Journeyman
PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate , I come bearing good news!

I'm counting support lists again, and I see you've already made a Support List yourself. I can't thank you enough for this. :laugh:

With 81 (known) Supporters, Geno has broken into the top 20 (and is right above Sylux), he's 15th Place now, 12th Place if you remove disconfirmed characters (Ashley, Toad and Bomberman).
81 known supporters? I have little personal stake in the matter, but for the sake of justice I have to support Geno. Make it 82! Or whatever number we may be at, I guess.

KMDP

Smash Legend
81 known supporters? I have little personal stake in the matter, but for the sake of justice I have to support Geno. Make it 82! Or whatever number we may be at, I guess.
Congratulations, your additional support now leaves Geno and Skull Kid level pegging!

You win the satisfaction of knowing two entities made of wood are duking it out. :laugh:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
You know what? That sounds kind of amusing. Two doll-like entities having a chance and being popular enough for consideration.

Geno for already mentioned reasons and Skull Kid because of the Moon's AT and his very own AT being missing.

:bowser:.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know what? That sounds kind of amusing. Two doll-like entities having a chance and being popular enough for consideration.

Geno for already mentioned reasons and Skull Kid because of the Moon's AT and his very own AT being missing.

:bowser:.
Plus, there is the whole idea that they could represent the night sky. With Skull Kid being associated with the moon and Geno being associated with the stars.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
i'm not a huge Geno fan, but I wanted to pop in to tell you lovely people that after recent events *CoughKRoolCough* I fully expect to see Geno in this game.
Go ahead and put me on the list, if you wanna.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hey, apparently I've liked the OP, but I'm still not on the support list.
Oh, and you're not the only one either. Apparently it split up the "likers" into multiple pages and I somehow missed some

FurretBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FurretBro
I agree with Mallow being an assist trophy. What do you think he'd do?
Thunderbolt, maybe? I kinda expect him to cry actually-
Maybe he could cry a thunderstorm.

Last edited:

Zema

Smash Journeyman
I might just have an extremely creative imagination, but hear me out.

Recently, some people managed to decipher the mosaic text in the Nintendo Direct. It turns out it says "Spirits", which definitely raises some eyebrows as to what it could be. Personally, I think it may have some connection to one of the oldest ideas in Smash - toys coming to life to fight one another. Perhaps it's a singleplayer mode, or perhaps it's something else. At any rate, I believe that if this concept of spirits inhabiting toys is real, then perhaps the Direct where Sakurai finally talks about this Spirits mode will be the one that reveals Geno, if he's a part of the game.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
When we discussed boss ideas before, it seemed a lit of agreed with the idea of it being Smithy. I an curious on how his boss would play, though I can only imagine how he would end up sledging people.

TBone06

Smash Ace
I've been watching a lot on Youtube and Twitter. Trying to follow some other pages on here. It's amazing, most people are actually expecting Geno to be included, whether they like him or not. A lot of people are saying how they just can't see a scenario where he DOESN'T make it. It's so nice to see after years of ridicule and years of wishing for him to finally make it.

Dude, if it was Banjo-Kazooie, that would be the single greatest Newcomer lineup we ever had. I mean, those would certainly be the most fan requested Smash characters of all time, not counting the ones already in. And most of them have been requested since forever ago, especially Geno and Banjo.

Something tells me this could actually happen. The current trend of reveals heavily implies it. The only obstacle is, I can hardly believe they wouldn't include a Pokemon rep. Maybe there's nine...? The 8 newcomers to match the 8 starters is too perfect, though...hmm.
If our remaining newcomers had Geno AND Banjo, that wouldn't even be fair. Geno on his own would be a dream come true. Throwing in Banjo is just... ughh.. I can't.

But in all honesty, I think Skull Kid and Isaac would be great additions too.

FE_SLaDe

Smash Apprentice
Didn't realize earlier you had to like the OP. Clever way to count them all up lol.

goodspeed87

Smash Journeyman
Add me to the list please! I’ve been praying for GENO since Melee day’s!! I can’t believe it’s likely to happen with the census results, Sakurai’s interest, and all the fan-favorite newcomers that’ve made it after so long!!!!

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Would you want to be "officially" added to the supporter list?

Edit: You were on my list before so I'll add you. If you don't want to be on it, just @ me.
Yeah don't even have to ask that man. Supporter to the bitter end!

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
I looked through this thread and, while I was never a big supporter or cared about Geno's inclusion in the past, now it seems VERY likely and I've actually gotten myself excited. It just seems VERY possible since Sakurai wanted him in the past, he had a mii costume, and 3 of the third parties have 2 reps now, with Namco and Enix currently being the only ones left out. Enix HAS to have Geno, I just know it.
Liked the first post for support.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Btw, since I like noting this stuff, we passed Bandana Dee in replies! That makes us secound among those that can make it in base game! Though, I don't see us passing Issac.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
UUUUUGH. I MISSED THE NOTIFICATION AGAIN. Damn shame, too... seems I missed an awful lot of discussion since the Direct, which is great considering how much our numbers are expanding and how likely Geno is seen to be by the masses!

Likewise, between the Mii Costume trend, the mech figurine speculation, and the general focus on fanservice this game very clearly has, I'm feeling absolutely incredible about our boy's chances. At this point, it's genuinely hard for me to envision a world where he doesn't get in this game, and I'm about 95% sure we're not gonna get disappointed this time. Maybe I'm a bit overconfident, but I strongly feel as though that confidence is rooted in reality. Let's keep the Geno Hype Train going 'til the end!!

Last edited:

TBone06

Smash Ace
UUUUUGH. I MISSED THE NOTIFICATION AGAIN. Damn shame, too... seems I missed an awful lot of discussion since the Direct, which is great considering how much our numbers are expanding and how likely Geno is seen to be by the masses!

Likewise, between the Mii Costume trend, the figurine speculation, and the general focus on fanservice this game very clearly has, I'm feeling absolutely incredible about our boy's chances. At this point, it's genuinely hard for me to envision a world where he doesn't get in this game, and I'm about 95-99% sure we're not gonna get disappointed this time. Maybe I'm a bit overconfident, but I strongly feel as though that confidence is rooted in reality. Let's keep the Geno Hype Train going 'til the end!!
I honestly can't remember there being so much optimism for Geno's inclusion. It's incredible to see. Even people who really dislike him are expecting his inclusion. The amount of support we're receiving is so nice to see. Here's hoping!

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I honestly can't remember there being so much optimism for Geno's inclusion. It's incredible to see. Even people who really dislike him are expecting his inclusion. The amount of support we're receiving is so nice to see. Here's hoping!
Ever since King K.Rool got revealed the relevancy argument got thrown in the trash where it belongs which is good news for Geno and Isaac fans

TBone06

Smash Ace
Ever since King K.Rool got revealed the relevancy argument got thrown in the trash where it belongs which is good news for Geno and Isaac fans
I couldn't agree more. That was really the only thing people had to debate when they were trying to put down their chances. I feel like this is the time for both Geno and Isaac. I want to see the big fan bases get what they want.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I couldn't agree more. That was really the only thing people had to debate when they were trying to put down their chances. I feel like this is the time for both Geno and Isaac. I want to see the big fan bases get what they want.
All of the Brawl titans are finally making their way into the game 10 years later. Would not be shocked at all if Isaac, Geno, and Skull Kid were all playable. I'm actually expecting it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL, we need a Geno leak like the Simon one.

But I guess that would ruin the surprise.

...The waiting and uncertainty though.

Also I'm dreading an Ashley situation with the mii costume just thrown in a random trailer and just not talked about.

Last edited:

TBone06

Smash Ace
All of the Brawl titans are finally making their way into the game 10 years later. Would not be shocked at all if Isaac, Geno, and Skull Kid were all playable. I'm actually expecting it.
It only came two games later! But you're absolutely right, it seems now is all of their time. I'll always be a bit cautious, but it's getting hard not to let the hype get the best of me, especially when everyone else is seemingly on board too.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
It only came two games later! But you're absolutely right, it seems now is all of their time. I'll always be a bit cautious, but it's getting hard not to let the hype get the best of me, especially when everyone else is seemingly on board too.
Get lost in the hype my dude. Geno is definitely getting in this time. No excuses if he doesn't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom