• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Here is a question, since Death Scythes are a thing, what would be a good SMRPG item?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Alright, the OP is updated with all the confirmed members/

Again, because of the way I determine members just @ me if you want your name removed.

So far it's up to 83 confirmed/ 81 if you don't count DarkAura64/ Fenrir and LCHSGoBigRed since their names currently aren't attached to the same user.

Last edited:

grizby2

Smash Lord
Heyo!!
I've watched over this thread from above and MAN you guys are literally only making my Geno hype stronger!!
I don't know if anyone went over this, but this is a little something about the trailers (that I believed someone may have pointed out)

All of the characters appear to be killed (or get the ever living crud smacked out of like Dedede) by something sharp.
Mario/Mega Man - Ridley's tail (from what I remember)
Luigi - Death's (?) Scythe
Dedede - Well... K. Rool's hand has claws, so that counts right?

All of these characters have been touched by something sharp.

Anyway, with this pattern in mind, what would a Geno trailer look like?
Another note is that for every new character that appears, a villain from that series does the killing.
And it's always a character not originating from that series to get killed.

The sharp bosses (from Smithy Gang) go as follows:
Mack (Pogo sword)
Bowyer (His arrows in particular)
Yaridovich (A literal spear)
And Exor (a giant sword)
(And this is ignoring Cloaker/Domino, etc)

Exor and Bowyer have closer relations to Geno as Exor is the one that crashed into Star Road and Bowyer is the one Geno fights against before Mario and Mallow come to his aid. Seeing as though there has been a villain in every trailer, I am willing to believe that in a Geno trailer, we would see Bowyer slaying someone with an arrow (somehow?) as I find fighting Exor would be... really out of place. If we are up against Bowyer, my guess is that Geno will be appearing in the Forest Maze and will probably have Beware The Forest's Mushrooms as his song (like the Mii costume reveal, except remixed to Smash quality.) As for who from what series would get killed? I'd guess Link, or maybe a Pokemon as Bowser, Mario (dead), Peach, and Yoshi all appear in SMRPG so they maybe wouldn't come in and get killed. Maybe as background characters, but not killed. It also appears that only after a character is killed do the heros start fighting, so Geno maybe wouldn't appear until a little later in the trailer.

But, it may not even be Bowyer that kills someone off. Someone may as well be overwhelmed by Buzzers!

So, I will believe for a Geno trailer, we will see:

Bowyer and the Forest Maze, someone getting killed by Bowyer that isn't from the Mario series, and then Geno appearing
However!! This could all be completely wrong/debunked by you guys or mentioned already but thanks for reading anyway!! Hope this makes at least a little bit of sense.

(Also, what do you guys think about Geno getting a voice actor? Or would he remain mute? What do you think he would sound like?)
I think I would be okay with a mute Geno, but I think it would be cool if he got a voice, not like the talkative characters like Ryu though. :O

Klimax

Smash Ace
You can count me in PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate !

I've been a Geno's fan since 10 years and i think that he's more likely than ever and i wasn't always optimistic about him, but now, i think he's very likely.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Geno is probably the character Sakurai put the most effort into getting the rights from out of Squeenix, as they'd have to be literally out of their minds not to put as much in as possible. After seeing a video about the subject, I really think Geno's got a wonderful chance now and would love to see Heart Eighth-Note Exclamation-Point Question-Mark make his debut into Smash Brothers. But only if he has Smithy's Battle theme with him. That song is the best.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Sakurai doing this for the fans. Geno have had a lot of fans since Brawl.
Sakurai talks a lot about Geno, and how HE wants him too.

Same year Ultimate is coming out, Nintendo does a first one, and acknowledge Geno & Mallow.
Geno is the only lock at this moment of which I feel, and before, one would be locked up for stating such.

Mallow better come as an Assist Trophy. One question tho. What will he do?

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Mallow better come as an Assist Trophy. One question tho. What will he do?
Many of us had a few ideas that include his HP Rain, Thunderbolt and even Psychopath ability. I have provided my idea for a Mallow AT below for recap.

I think Mallow should be a hybrid support/attack as it trophy. In the background, he summons a rain cloud that floats overhead, healing his summoner with HP Rain. However as opponents try to get some health, he sends down a thunderbolt similar to Pikachu/Pichu Down Special.

This makes for an AT that summoners want to stay around but others want to avoid and I feel stays true to his black mage roots.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Well boys, with Ridley and King K. Rool out of the running for character speculation for the better, I dare say Geno may well be the new biggest newcomer speculation board.

Will Sakurai go 3 for 3? I'm wishing you all the best as a former Ridley and Rool, and since Brawl continuous Geno supporter.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
And I know it doesn't mean that much, but in post count we're actually catching up to Bandana Dee

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I NEED a Geno amiibo.

Guys, I'm not lying when I say I've been supporting this character since a few days after joining this site. It's been 12 years of waiting and supporting, clamoring and hoping... and the chances have never been higher.

That Geno amiibo is going to be proudly displayed on my shelf when we get our boy.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
And I know it doesn't mean that much, but in post count we're actually catching up to Bandana Dee
Yeah, I have been keeping my eye on that for a bit now. The top still eligable for base game thread as of now is Issac, and I find it fitting for Geno and Issac to hold these big positions. It really shows how much things have changed.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
So guys...have you all noticed the Smash info release pattern?

First reveal trailer: March 8th

E3 Direct: June 12th (almost exactly 3 months later.)

Smash Direct: August 8th (same day of the month as first reveal, exactly 5 months earlier.)

Smash Ultimate release date: December 7th (almost exactly 9 months after the first tease--most likely would have been the 8th if that day wasn't a Saturday.)

With the exception of E3, the date of which of course was beyond Nintendo's control, we have only seen Smash info on the 8th. The game releases on as close to an 8th as possible. The most recent Direct was also on 8/8. You start the game with only 8 characters...

8 is a theme here. Not precisely sure what deeper meaning it has, but at the very least, it means our next Direct will undoubtedly be on the 8th. My guess, based on the spacing of info so far, is October 8th.

...oh!! And "Octo" means 8! It's most definitely in October. Wouldn't be surprised if the Octolings were confirmed as an echo on that date, lol.

Any chance Geno has any bearing on the number 8?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Smash Direct: August 8th (same day of the month as first reveal, exactly 5 months earlier.)

Smash Ultimate release date: December 7th (almost exactly 9 months after the first tease--most likely would have been the 8th if that day wasn't a Saturday.)

With the exception of E3, the date of which of course was beyond Nintendo's control, we have only seen Smash info on the 8th. The game releases on as close to an 8th as possible. The most recent Direct was also on 8/8. You start the game with only 8 characters...

8 is a theme here. Not precisely sure what deeper meaning it has, but at the very least, it means our next Direct will undoubtedly be on the 8th. My guess, based on the spacing of info so far, is October 8th.

...oh!! And "Octo" means 8! It's most definitely in October. Wouldn't be surprised if the Octolings were confirmed as an echo on that date, lol.

It could be that there is 8 newcomers. Not counting echoes

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
It could be that there is 8 newcomers. Not counting echoes
1. Inkling
2. Ridley
3. Simon
4. K. Rool
5. Isaac
6. Geno
7. Bandana Dee
8. Banjo? Skull Kid? Rayman? Pokemon?

It fits pretty well. It would certainly please every fan favorite with 8. The only question is number 8...who would it be?

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Didn't know there was a support list for this guy too. You can add me as well. Now that Ridley and K. Rool are in, I only have 4 characters left I've been clamoring for since Brawl.

And I still think there's a good chance I'll get the majority of them, base or DLC.

TBone06

Smash Ace
1. Inkling
2. Ridley
3. Simon
4. K. Rool
5. Isaac
6. Geno
7. Bandana Dee
8. Banjo? Skull Kid? Rayman? Pokemon?

It fits pretty well. It would certainly please every fan favorite with 8. The only question is number 8...who would it be?
If those are my options for number 8, I’m taking Banjo-Kazooie every time. Skull Kid would be cool though.

FurretBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FurretBro
Waluigi
Nah, just kidding. Probably a Pokemon. Then the end will announce DLC, starting with Banjo.

domriver

Smash Lord

Time will only tell jejej.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
If those are my options for number 8, I’m taking Banjo-Kazooie every time. Skull Kid would be cool though.
Dude, if it was Banjo-Kazooie, that would be the single greatest Newcomer lineup we ever had. I mean, those would certainly be the most fan requested Smash characters of all time, not counting the ones already in. And most of them have been requested since forever ago, especially Geno and Banjo.

Something tells me this could actually happen. The current trend of reveals heavily implies it. The only obstacle is, I can hardly believe they wouldn't include a Pokemon rep. Maybe there's nine...? The 8 newcomers to match the 8 starters is too perfect, though...hmm.

Jaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Jesus198
3DS FC
0018-0853-2663
Hello there! I've been wanting Geno since Brawl, I remember watching videos in 2008/09 on how to unlock him, that "lost track" of the mushroom forest, I really wanted him in xD. Count me in as a support, I think he has a big chance, I even think he's 100% in.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
So, I signed back in to show my support. I've wanted Geno in since the Brawl days, used to post here under my old account (Cinder). I'm really psyched that his odds look so good this time.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
This is probably unlikely, but I just had an interesting thought. People have no doubt been remarking the strange theme of death in these smash Trailers, from Ridley to now Simon, to the point that some are speculating that these animated trailers will climax with some kind of resolution. Alpharad jokingly suggested that Goku will revive the fallen with the dragon balls, but that got me thinking: The whole point of SMRPG was to get the seven stars so that wishes could be granted once more. Do you think a Geno trailer could see Geno using the seven stars to revive Mario, Megaman, Luigi, and any one else who might kick it assuming a continuous trend? Maybe a slow walk to Star Road, looking like it did in SMRPG, a cloaked figure putting the stars in place, then making a wordless wish to revive his friends so that he could meet them and reveal himself.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
A thought occurred to me. Would the Culex battle theme aka the Final Fantasy 4 boss theme be incorporated into the game or would that be expecting too much?

domriver

Smash Lord
This is probably unlikely, but I just had an interesting thought. People have no doubt been remarking the strange theme of death in these smash Trailers, from Ridley to now Simon, to the point that some are speculating that these animated trailers will climax with some kind of resolution. Alpharad jokingly suggested that Goku will revive the fallen with the dragon balls, but that got me thinking: The whole point of SMRPG was to get the seven stars so that wishes could be granted once more. Do you think a Geno trailer could see Geno using the seven stars to revive Mario, Megaman, Luigi, and any one else who might kick it assuming a continuous trend? Maybe a slow walk to Star Road, looking like it did in SMRPG, a cloaked figure putting the stars in place, then making a wordless wish to revive his friends so that he could meet them and reveal himself.
That would be great! Doubtful but im all for that. Geno Saves the Day. jejeje

A thought occurred to me. Would the Culex battle theme aka the Final Fantasy 4 boss theme be incorporated into the game or would that be expecting too much?
Hmmm - Good question just for the music hopefully it is not to much of a hassle but giving Culex a cameo mmmm idk to be honest. I do like that music though when you go up against culex.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Dude, if it was Banjo-Kazooie, that would be the single greatest Newcomer lineup we ever had. I mean, those would certainly be the most fan requested Smash characters of all time, not counting the ones already in. And most of them have been requested since forever ago, especially Geno and Banjo.

Something tells me this could actually happen. The current trend of reveals heavily implies it. The only obstacle is, I can hardly believe they wouldn't include a Pokemon rep. Maybe there's nine...? The 8 newcomers to match the 8 starters is too perfect, though...hmm.
Despite the popularity of Pokemon and the fact we've seen a bunch of Aolan Pokemon added as Poke Balls, I'm yet to be convinced that we're getting a new Pokemon rep. So far the biggest arguments are: We ALWAYS get a Pokemon rep (Ultimate isn't playing by the same rule book is my counter) and Vergeben (I think his Pokemon prediction is so far his slimiest of leaks. The rolling out of info like that screams attention seeking. Even if you believe the other parts of his leak to be 100% real, that one does not sit well with me at all). I'd like to see another Pokemon in the game, and if you're talking a series that will violate the requested newcomer pool, Pokemon is the most likely for sure. Decidueye would be a great pick for me (Incineroar is just awful looking to me).

That said, we've got 3 additional Pokemon Vets returning which is perhaps a bigger obstacle than people think. Regardless of how big Pokemon is, there may be a thought as to that's enough for this game from Sakurai. Not to mention, if there was one from the ballot that took off in popularity, I'd argue we'd be seeing THAT Pokemon now as opposed to one from Gen 7 with the more recent news. Pokemon is in a weird place for this game all around. I don't see one as nearly as guaranteed as people seem to usually say.

Anyway, Banjo Kazooie has to be one of the biggest moments of fan service left for the game no matter who you are. I'd argue his place is even greater than that of Geno just for Banjo's name being more well known, and what an insane moment he'd represent in Smash history. I'm not here to say he's more likely than Geno, but I do think Banjo is the next biggest moment of ALL characters that Sakurai could possibly pull. I don't really think he's in the base game because Phil Spencer shouldn't be able to comment on that so recently due to NDAs. Geno and Isaac are the last holdouts to me from the Brawl days so they're next on the list. So, really any of those three I think are the big announcements that would get fans incredibly excited and feel validated.

Kero!

Smash Cadet
All I have to say is that if Geno gets in, I will want a Geno amiibo so bad

I will literally camp out in front of a Best Buy to get my hands on one.

Ooh, and official Geno dolls. I will buy out the store.

I agree 100%-
I'll probably buy more than one if he gets in and end up painting them after his alternate skins because damn

I really love Geno.

But official Geno dolls? would they do that?

KMDP

Smash Legend
PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate , I come bearing good news!

I'm counting support lists again, and I see you've already made a Support List yourself. I can't thank you enough for this. :laugh:

With 81 (known) Supporters, Geno has broken into the top 20 (and is right above Sylux), he's 15th Place now, 12th Place if you remove disconfirmed characters (Ashley, Toad and Bomberman).

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Despite the popularity of Pokemon and the fact we've seen a bunch of Aolan Pokemon added as Poke Balls, I'm yet to be convinced that we're getting a new Pokemon rep. So far the biggest arguments are: We ALWAYS get a Pokemon rep (Ultimate isn't playing by the same rule book is my counter) and Vergeben (I think his Pokemon prediction is so far his slimiest of leaks. The rolling out of info like that screams attention seeking. Even if you believe the other parts of his leak to be 100% real, that one does not sit well with me at all). I'd like to see another Pokemon in the game, and if you're talking a series that will violate the requested newcomer pool, Pokemon is the most likely for sure. Decidueye would be a great pick for me (Incineroar is just awful looking to me).

That said, we've got 3 additional Pokemon Vets returning which is perhaps a bigger obstacle than people think. Regardless of how big Pokemon is, there may be a thought as to that's enough for this game from Sakurai. Not to mention, if there was one from the ballot that took off in popularity, I'd argue we'd be seeing THAT Pokemon now as opposed to one from Gen 7 with the more recent news. Pokemon is in a weird place for this game all around. I don't see one as nearly as guaranteed as people seem to usually say.

Anyway, Banjo Kazooie has to be one of the biggest moments of fan service left for the game no matter who you are. I'd argue his place is even greater than that of Geno just for Banjo's name being more well known, and what an insane moment he'd represent in Smash history. I'm not here to say he's more likely than Geno, but I do think Banjo is the next biggest moment of ALL characters that Sakurai could possibly pull. I don't really think he's in the base game because Phil Spencer shouldn't be able to comment on that so recently due to NDAs. Geno and Isaac are the last holdouts to me from the Brawl days so they're next on the list. So, really any of those three I think are the big announcements that would get fans incredibly excited and feel validated.
I'm pretty sure just saying he would be open to the idea of Banjo Kazooie being in the game wouldn't violate any NDAs as it doesn't say they're in or not. Same with Caitlin Glass hoping Elma could be in.

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman

I theorized a new Pokemon rep would be in the first wave of DLC. A lot of people would buy that.

Last edited:

KanataLen

Smash Apprentice
well, we can speculate as much as we want, but at the end of the day, it is up to Sakurai. It's who he wants and is able to put in that will get in. Unless something has changed in Sakurai's mind, i'm fairly certain that Geno will be in this time

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai actually stated the reason Geno got a Mii costume was because he wanted Geno to be fully playable in Smash before although it didn't happen.

It's gonna happen this time.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Alright, the OP is updated with all the confirmed members/

Again, because of the way I determine members just @ me if you want your name removed.

So far it's up to 83 confirmed/ 81 if you don't count DarkAura64/ Fenrir and LCHSGoBigRed since their names currently aren't attached to the same user.
Whoops, belated response.

That be me! Changed my name more officially when I joined the writing team. I still have it in my signature for those who forget me.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Whoops, belated response.

That be me! Changed my name more officially when I joined the writing team. I still have it in my signature for those who forget me.
Would you want to be "officially" added to the supporter list?

Edit: You were on my list before so I'll add you. If you don't want to be on it, just @ me.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just found out I should like the OP to be added
I briefly felt attacked for a moment :laugh:
It was my way of figuring out who exactly wanted to be added. I tried to post it a couple times.

None of my previous threads had supporter lists so I tried a couple things out and this seems to be the easiest way to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom