• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
My bad, I checked too quickly, what I posted was for the release.
I mean, it still mentions that things will be stormy and overcast, so I still wouldn't dismiss that. I'd say the 12-13 days before mark is more accurate.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...the-wild-ride-is-still-on.91979/post-19573296

Tansuit also claims he knew back in September of that year, but chose to keep it quiet I guess until hours before?
Yeah. Nobody mentioned cloud at all, so he didn't want to jeopardize his source, i think.

I mean, it still mentions that things will be stormy and overcast, so I still wouldn't dismiss that. I'd say the 12-13 days before mark is more accurate.
Well the release was in december. I didn't notice the difference.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
He is talking about when Cloud releases as DLC, not when he was revealed.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
But you also have to keep in mind that Nintendo directly announced a Smash Bros Direct was going to happen right after the Nintendo Direct. It was the last bit of news provided. With that in mind, imagine how easy it is to not only narrow down the days to have a Smash Direct in the month of December but also not to make it seem like it was too close to the initial Direct.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So pretty much, Tansut leaked Cloud when plenty of other people knew.
He knew way before that, but he didn't post about it so you could say it's not 100% proven that he knew before them.

Nobody talked about it, probably all signed releases.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
He is talking about when Cloud releases as DLC, not when he was revealed.
Wait, wait, so Cloud was revealed before that post? That was just after the fact?

... Okay, then never mind, it was very shortly before. The heck.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
He knew way before that, but he didn't post about it so you could say it's not 100% proven that he knew before them.

Nobody talked about it, probably all signed releases.
Yet he reveals Erdrick so early?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yet he reveals Erdrick so early?
Everyone was talking about erdrick in december, if someone got in trouble it would've happened anyway. He came out after it was a public topic.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
From what I remember, and what someone else said, Erdrick was only Tansut's opinion; his source just told him it was a DQ character.

Though it's likely Erdrick anyway because of Verguhhuh and Erdrick's Eastern popularity.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Everyone was talking about erdrick in december, if someone got in trouble it would've happened anyway. He came out after it was a public topic.
You know, I am trying to recall now, what was the leak that started this whole Erdrick conversation? If there was already a fire then, what was the spark?

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Literally all it would take is him happening to know one of the people who saw Cloud early, and TC and JWittz might not be the only ones, for all we know

I'm scared, guys

Toilet paper :(
I suggest you go take a quick look at the Sephiroth thread for some possible stuff to make you hype up the toilet paper even more. :4pacman:
(it's a long post, but it can be interesting)

Btw, here is the video with the Direct being shown early to Jirard (Nintendo Minute showed even more people)

Last edited:

Bremy

Smash Apprentice
This doesn't outright disprove anything he says, just doesn't make him a rock solid source anymore imo.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
You know, I am trying to recall now, what was the leak that started this whole Erdrick conversation? If there was already a fire then, what was the spark?
Well leakers started hearing about it more at the start of december, but it's really the anonymous leaks on 5chan (japanese) that sparked some others for talking about it, I think. Tansut's first post about it was a tad more vague (dairy queen)

I dont count leakypandy because he's mostly only had wrong info up to now.

Last edited:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
This doesn't outright disprove anything he says, just doesn't make him a rock solid source anymore imo.
Erdrick isn't disproven whatsoever.
But his biggest Trump card isn't as potent as people made him out to be
He """""leaked""""" Cloud when numerous people knew already. The date is a different story, but could have come from the same people that watched the direct in advance. Tansut hiding the fact that he knew Cloud since september has always been questioned. It's just that the Brave hype made people not give a damn about people calling this out.

zippyskipy

Smash Cadet
Correct me if i'm wrong but i thiiiiink it was the 7 Square Reps list, and it just sorta slowly morphed into being just DQ and then just Erdrick.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Correct me if i'm wrong but i thiiiiink it was the 7 Square Reps list, and it just sorta slowly morphed into being just DQ and then just Erdrick.
The Erdrick focus came from two things:
The discovery of Brave in the code and Tansut
We've had people follow suit with Tansut and Verge since then.
The List did exist and never "morphed"

And friendly reminder that Brave could very well just be Banjo. And Erdrick reaches the state Sephiroth is in right now

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeh you're right it started with more names being thrown around, and verge wasnt going to release that list, to wait til he got better info. Some other leaker put it out and polarpanda talked about it.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Erdrick isn't disproven whatsoever.
But his biggest Trump card isn't as potent as people made him out to be
He """""leaked""""" Cloud when numerous people knew already. The date is a different story, but could have come from the same people that watched the direct in advance. Tansut hiding the fact that he knew Cloud since september has always been questioned. It's just that the Brave hype made people not give a damn about people calling this out.
Yeah, that seems to be a rather common occurrence. You get the ball rolling and people forget to question where the ball even came from.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
No leaker is infallible. They may have real info. And if not, people shouldn't rely on them anyway.
You should keep open but just know it's possible to be true.

E3 is in a couple days, wait it out and see what happens, lol.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Nobody is saying it's not happening, Teeb
I'm just exposing the main trump cards and why people are misinterpreting them.
Erdrick doesn't need to rely on these to be in the game. I think that people should be with the better info entering E3. A lot of people are going into E3 with the same mindset that isn't necessarily coherent. People could be more open to hype due to how unexpected the choice can be in the end.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Nobody is saying it's not happening, Teeb
I'm just exposing the main trump cards and why people are misinterpreting them.
Erdrick doesn't need to rely on these to be in the game. I think that people should be with the better info entering E3. A lot of people are going into E3 with the same mindset that isn't necessarily coherent. People could be more open to hype due to how unexpected the choice can be in the end.
I definitely want people to be hype. It's unfortunate that a lot of people swing either all the way to one end or the other.
Banjo and Erdrick are just the most possible based on what people know. It can end up totally different, or it can be exactly like that. Either way i think it's hype enough to find out what's the real deal ;)

I dont think it's bad at all for people to be ready for certain chances though, else they might be even more disapointed by what can happen.
Either way it's game characters coming to smash, so reason enough to enjoy.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The thing puzzling me about Erdrick is the assumption he's been in works since basically base game, which means when they went to get Cloud again from Square. They negotiated Erdrick as a character, but didn't finish him? Or they had complications? Square was willing to play ball with DQ but could still not be assed with more FF content.

Something about the Erdrick picture just don't make sense to me. It likely never will even after he's revealed if he's coming.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
I definitely want people to be hype. It's unfortunate that a lot of people swing either all the way to one end or the other.
Banjo and Erdrick are just the most possible based on what people know. It can end up totally different, or it can be exactly like that. Either way i think it's hype enough to find out what's the real deal ;)

I dont think it's bad at all for people to be ready for certain chances though, else they might be even more disapointed by what can happen.
Either way it's game characters coming to smash, so reason enough to enjoy.
I understand your point.
But I'm saying people should know the real chances of each. People are walking into E3 thinking Erdrick is 80% locked
And just to let you know, Banjo and Erdrick's cases are radically different.
Banjo has had the first truly flawless leaker backing him up.. The same guy that leaked Ultimate itself was about to be announced. Shinobi is a guy that drops bombshells and didn't miss a single shot. Erdrick to this day just has insiders saying he is the "most likely". Only Tansut and Verge are going all in on it.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The thing puzzling me about Erdrick is the assumption he's been in works since basically base game, which means when they went to get Cloud again from Square. They negotiated Erdrick as a character, but didn't finish him? Or they had complications? Square was willing to play ball with DQ but could still not be ***** with more FF content.

Something about the Erdrick picture just don't make sense to me. It likely never will even after he's revealed if he's coming.
Part of that is because people exaggerate the timeline of things. They might've negotiated to get erdrick at the same time, which would explain a few things, but either way i think they only started working on the character much much later. There's nothing saying they had to touch the character before it was time (getting close to dlc)

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Whatever is revealed, I just hope that something still catches us off guard. Sakurai always seems to find a way of doing that.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I understand your point.
But I'm saying people should know the real chances of each. People are walking into E3 thinking Erdrick is 80% locked
And just to let you know, Banjo and Erdrick's cases are radically different.
Banjo has had the first truly flawless leaker backing him up.. The same guy that leaked Ultimate itself was about to be announced. Shinobi is a guy that drops bombshells and didn't miss a single shot. Erdrick to this day just has insiders saying he is the "most likely". Only Tansut and Verge are going all in on it.
Verge is way more in smash than the other guy. It's pretty weird to say that shinobi's leaking smash right before the presentation means overly much when other leakers knew way before that.

I do think erdrick's chances are very high right now. But im not going to debate about it because people are way too charged right now and it doesnt make for good talks. That and it's not good for my mood when what i want is to enjoy the entry into e3.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Verge is way more in smash than the other guy. It's pretty weird to say that shinobi's leaking smash right before the presentation means overly much when other leakers knew way before that.

I do think erdrick's chances are very high right now. But im not going to debate about it because people are way too charged right now and it doesnt make for good talks. That and it's not good for my mood when what i want is to enjoy the entry into e3.
Doesn't Verge have a lot of history with other games though?

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace

Verge's only record was for the base game. He hasn't gotten a single thing right since then.
Shinobi not being full Smash doesn't discredit him in the slightest. On the contrary. He is responsible for some of the biggest leaks this gen.
And all of the leaks he did for Smash came true and were all groundbreaking

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Now apparently a private video has been uploaded to the Smash Bros channel...

We know we'll be getting someone this time around. I guess everyone took that as a given though

Ovaltine

Smash Master

We know we'll be getting someone this time around. I guess everyone took that as a given though
Didn't that already happen recently? Now another one was uploaded, or are these the two the same occurrence?

If the former, oooooh boy. Might be getting two reveals, indeed!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

Good to know.

If it is Erdrick, I can't believe I had to forfeit the icon bet I had a couple days before the announcement. What luck.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Verge's only record was for the base game. He hasn't gotten a single thing right since then.
Shinobi not being full Smash doesn't discredit him in the slightest. On the contrary. He is responsible for some of the biggest leaks this gen.
And all of the leaks he did for Smash came true and were all groundbreaking
If you value late leaks, which you do since you brought up shinobi's late smash mention, then verge got piranha plant when it comes to dlc.

But I'll be honest, i find the arguments about verge and dlc to be ridiculous as hell. Especially when comparing someone who's had smash info, and someone who hasn't. Smash info is smash info. Missing joker is only 1 dlc, so no reason to stay fixated on that.

I want this to be my last post on this. Im fine talking about other things, but it's one of those topics that i really dont enjoy very long.
Just stay open, s'all ;)

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
If you value late leaks, which you do since you brought up shinobi's late smash mention, then verge got piranha plant when it comes to dlc.
Shinobi is betting on Banjo before we get our next reveal, whether it's Banjo or not. Verge stated he knew about Plant AFTER Plant's reveal, his vague guess of thinking there is 'a Nintendo character coming' being the only thing he can excuse it with.

They're hardly comparable.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Shinobi is betting on Banjo before we get our next reveal, whether it's Banjo or not. Verge stated he knew about Plant AFTER Plant's reveal, his vague guess of thinking there is 'a Nintendo character coming' being the only thing he can excuse it with.

They're hardly comparable.
He posted some stuff on reddit before it.
I dont remember exactly what, but he knew.

Either way you can not believe him if you want, but i dont think he's a lyer. I think he's just pompous. He may cover his tracks or not, doesnt mean he's been lying about it.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
He posted some stuff on reddit before it.
I dont remember exactly what, but he knew.

Either way you can not believe him if you want, but i dont think he's a lyer. I think he's just pompous. He may cover his tracks or not, doesnt mean he's been lying about it.
Yes, he did, and he said that he thought a Nintendo character was coming, but he wasn't sure. Basically, he wasn't certain about Plant at all. He isn't a liar, no, but he sure likes to backtrack a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom