• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Just so y'all know, I, like a majority of people, am fully expecting Erdrick and Banjo at E3. For Erdrick though, I just hope he/she isn't boring moveset wise.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I'm laser-focused on Shinobi's claim for Banjo, tbh. Verge is a point that I'm looking at, but not because I believe in him. It's because I laugh at the fact that he was so adamant about Minecraft content, then someone else says Banjo is in and all of a sudden, he's like, "O-OH WELL I'M 99% SURE! THERE'S STILL THAT 1%, THOUGH, THEREFORE NO ONE CAN CRITICIZE ME."

Sabi having her reasons for believing Verge make me iffy, honestly. After all, she believed in Xenother, too, and we all know how Xenother ended up, even moreso if his 'Banjo is NOT IN' claim is destroyed come E3.
It doesn't answer my question why nobody gives a **** that Vergeben is saying Erdrick is happening 100%. Then again, who really gives a **** about Erdrick compared to the other SE picks that Smash fans have been asking for?

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
It doesn't answer my question why nobody gives a **** that Vergeben is saying Erdrick is happening 100%. Then again, who really gives a **** about Erdrick compared to the other SE picks that Smash fans have been asking for?
People have a **** months ago, when it was news.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
You know... I'm starting to think Erdrick isn't happening now. I'm remembering everything that was involving leaks and Erdrick and with Banjo supposedly coming to Smash Bros seems like it put's Erdrick's chance in question (I'm not fully convince, I make it a policy to take whatever insider/leaker say with a grain of salt and think anything is 100% confirm until it happens. Especially after Persona 5 Switch).

There was the Brave datamine, but looking at those stats seem to fit Banjo more. Sure those stats aren't finalize but if they were going to choose an existing character to base Erdrick off of it would be a lot easier to go with Link or Marth instead of a floaty character.

There's the 5ch that said Joker and Erdrick, but that person said Joker would have Jack Frost so that's out the window.

There's Vergeben and Xenother. Xenother isn't a person to trust and Verge is hit and miss with DLC and the Nintendo Direct from February (and lets not forget Soul Calibur and Dragon Ball FighterZ).

If Banjo is truly in Smash Bros then I'm thinking Google Theory is correct. I don't think we'll get a Square Enix character. Personally I don't care about Banjo but I hope he get's in for his fans and so I can be wrong about my opinion about how Sakurai view the ballot. (Still doesn't excuse Piranha Plant though)

Ovaltine

Smash Master
You know... I'm starting to think Erdrick isn't happening now. I'm remembering everything that was involving leaks and Erdrick and with Banjo supposedly coming to Smash Bros seems like it put's Erdrick's chance in question (I'm not fully convince, I make it a policy to take whatever insider/leaker say with a grain of salt and think anything is 100% confirm until it happens. Especially after Persona 5 Switch).

There was the Brave datamine, but looking at those stats seem to fit Banjo more. Sure those stats aren't finalize but if they were going to choose an existing character to base Erdrick off of it would be a lot easier to go with Link or Marth instead of a floaty character.

There's the 5ch that said Joker and Erdrick, but that person said Joker would have Jack Frost so that's out the window.

There's Vergeben and Xenother. Xenother isn't a person to trust and Verge is hit and miss with DLC and the Nintendo Direct from February (and lets not forget Soul Calibur and Dragon Ball FighterZ).

If Banjo is truly in Smash Bros then I'm thinking Google Theory is correct. I don't think we'll get a Square Enix character. Personally I don't care about Banjo but I hope he get's in for his fans and so I can be wrong about my opinion about how Sakurai view the ballot. (Still doesn't excuse Piranha Plant though)
Honestly, Tansut is the only one I'm looking at when it comes to Erdrick in terms of leakers. Given he's the guy who leaked Cloud and his release date the day before the Direct, it makes me feel more inclined to believe him. The disparity between dates is very odd, though (months ahead instead of the day before), which is my only big hang-up.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I guess that is true. It is kind of lame to have an idea we know exactly what they are doing for E3 now. Like no hype really going on because of it.
Assuming Banjo and Erdrick Do indeed make it in (I recognize things look really good for banjo right now, but still, he's not in until he's in) or that Sakurai just doesn't say "screw it" and announce more than 2 characters.

That and there will actually be game announcements beyond Smash.

I'd like to think we still have some surprises on hand.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
The only thing that makes me believe it will be Erdrick is because Erdrick and Incineroar are having the same pattern where we knew months in advance and then heard nothing. Soon after, we had people claim Incineroar to be leak bait only to be the truth the whole time.

That seems to be why I think it will be Erdrick. I guess it could be worse. Could be Sora and literally be the second most devestating reveal to happen to me.
First being :ultpiranha: stealing Geno's spot

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
The only thing that makes me believe it will be Erdrick is because Erdrick and Incineroar are having the same pattern where we knew months in advance and then heard nothing. Soon after, we had people claim Incineroar to be leak bait only to be the truth the whole time.

That seems to be why I think it will be Erdrick. I guess it could be worse. Could be Sora and literally be the second most devestating reveal to happen to me.
First being :ultpiranha: stealing Geno's spot
Plant really didn't 'steal' Geno's spot. Given Plant is a generic enemy, a first-party, and a bonus, it and Geno are on entirely different leagues. Unless Geno was planned to be that exact bonus DLC character and was canned directly for Plant, there's no comparison.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Honestly, Tansut is the only one I'm looking at when it comes to Erdrick in terms of leakers. Given he's the guy who leaked Cloud and his release date the day before the Direct, it makes me feel more inclined to believe him. The disparity between dates is very odd, though (months ahead instead of the day before), which is my only big hang-up.
Has he said anything about Erdrick? I haven't kept up with him since I suck on ResetERA.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Reminder that he leaked Cloud hours before the presentation when the Direct was shown to youtubers a longer time in advance.
Tansut isn't a reliable source yet

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Reminder that he leaked Cloud hours before the presentation when the Direct was shown to youtubers a longer time in advance.
Tansut isn't a reliable source yet
Wait, wait, wait. Wait one darn second.

He leaked Cloud before the presentation when... other people had already seen the Direct?

How is no one talking about this?? He very well could have not leaked Cloud for crap then. Why am I only just NOW hearing about this?

D

Deleted member

He leaked Cloud before the presentation when... other people had already seen the Direct?

How is no one talking about this?? He very well could have not leaked Cloud for crap then. Why am I only just NOW hearing about this?
Why are WE only hearing about this now?

Bremy

Smash Apprentice
There was a special nintendo minute posted the same day as the direct with reactions from The Completionist and JWittz. So people did know early.

How has this never come up?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
There was a special nintendo minute posted the same day as the direct with reactions from The Completionist and JWittz. So people did know early.

I've never once seen ANYONE bring this up. At all.

That is such a huge and undeniable hit to Erdrick and NO ONE has been talking about it? Do Erdrick's fans know? What do they think of this? What would this mean for Geno?

I'm baffled. I'm honest-to-goodness baffled.

ZelDan

Smash Master

Do we know when The Completionist and JWitts watched Cloud's reveal at Nintendo HQ?

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Guys you have no idea how bad this is for me (since I still don't think Geno's getting in)

If Erdrick doesn't get in this duck queen has to eat a sheet of toilet paper

I'm not ready for this

Bremy

Smash Apprentice
Do we know when The Completionist and JWitts watched Cloud's reveal at Nintendo HQ?
Unless they managed to do the reactions, shoot, and edit the 30 min video and upload on the same day, they probably knew at the very least a day or two before.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I'm a woman of my word. If I have to eat toilet paper, I will eat the damn toilet paper.

At least I won't have to write a 10k manifesto about how much I should and want to marry Minecraft Steve and want to take his blocky hand in mine.

I won't, right?

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643

I never knew of this. But wouldn't it be plausible that Tansut knew at the same time as everyone else getting the information?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I never knew of this. But wouldn't it be plausible that Tansut knew at the same time as everyone else getting the information?
Literally all it would take is him happening to know one of the people who saw Cloud early, and TC and JWittz might not be the only ones, for all we know

I'm scared, guys

Toilet paper :(

wynn728

Banned via Warnings

Yeah, I remember that Jirard the Completionist saw Clouds reveal a week ago and Nintendo record his reaction https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esvQO28N-Ps

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
A WHOLE WEEK BEFOREHAND

HOW DID NO ONE COVER THIS

TOILET PAPER, GUYS
There a reason why no one cover this, we were still collecting our minds after the reveal. No joke I was shocked for 3 days straight.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I guess that is true. It is kind of lame to have an idea we know exactly what they are doing for E3 now. Like no hype really going on because of it.
I know, right? I wish for actually hype characters leakers would stand down. I get reveals like Erdrick that maybe people need to digest for a while.
Plant really didn't 'steal' Geno's spot. Given Plant is a generic enemy, a first-party, and a bonus, it and Geno are on entirely different leagues. Unless Geno was planned to be that exact bonus DLC character and was canned directly for Plant, there's no comparison.
Plant didn't steal Geno's spot, it stole the spot of every character that isn't in Smash.

Iirc Cloud was leaked a couple of days before his reveal. Honestly I recommend Occam's razor right now: if it's strange that nobody ever noticed something, it's probably because there's nothing to notice.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
You been to the Banjo thread? Plenty of hype there even if we know before hand what may be at E3.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Tansut posted about Cloud 2 weeks before it.
Okay, someone's gotta verify, was it two weeks or was it a couple of days?

Either way, the fact that Youtubers got to see Cloud in advance makes me suspicious, but I won't be as suspicious if it was a whole two weeks before.

I may not have to eat toilet paper yet! :colorful:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Okay, someone's gotta verify, was it two weeks or was it a couple of days?

Either way, the fact that Youtubers got to see Cloud in advance makes me suspicious, but I won't be as suspicious if it was a whole two weeks before.

I may not have to eat toilet paper yet! :colorful:
It was two weeks. He posted it on the 3rd and it was on the 15th-16th.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/smas...-december-2015.1147061/page-38#post-187620189

edit: This was the release, not about the direct. sorry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom