• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Welp I had someone quoted by I lost it yet again, ho well. Not even sure what it was about.

Anyway, EricTheGamerman EricTheGamerman I wish people would stop assuming that since someone else doesn't think a character can get in, it means they don't want or like that character. Jesus Christ, other than Dragon Quest 3 I hold a completely unbiased stance, and my only issue with DQ3 is all the losers all over the internet who treat you like garbage because you are more logical then they are. I just want them to be wrong because of how much of a stain they are.

Seriously, I've never touched Ninja Gaiden but ninjas are badass and I grew up on Naruto, so I dig the whole 'physical badass that also has limited mystical powers' ninja trope. With this in mind and after learning that the claim against Hayabusa held no weight and finding no other claims, I see nothing that currently prevents his inclusion.

Doomguy is a completely different story. You bring up Bayonetta as a counter, and many people bring up Snake as well, but it's just NOT the same. Snake is easy: he's a dude who is military trained and can hurt people without being lethal and you can use his weapons and some of his techniques in a comical manner almost while also keeping the gritty tone of the character. However, he never does anything super brutal and from what I have gathered, it's not in his personality to take violence past the level it needs to be to get the job done.

Bayonetta is sexy, yes, but nudity is not part of her personality or core character, but merely a result of using her abilities. Her chill demeanor about stripping naked and still being classy about it is what you are referring to, and preventing her from stripping naked takes nothing from her personality as she's amazing represented in Smash ("If you need to learn how to talk to a lady, ask your mother!"), the only things toned down about her character being use of language and innuendos.

Doomguy though? Being excessively violent is at his core personality. Weapons aside, when he fights with just what his mama gave him, does he tone it down and merely punch them down or at the most break their neck or something? HELL NO! He rips them apart with no restraint and does it in different ways as if he's trying to make a work of art out of it and keeping himself entertained. He doesn't slow down and he doesn't give a **** about you or your friends or really what anyone says because he's gonna do what he wants and if you are in his way you'll shortly be out of his way and in various amounts of pieces. He's an original badass and I love it and so do others, but how could you possible bring that to Smash? Will he punch Mario's face off? Will he rip Pit's wings off his back a la God of War? No, he won't, because that wouldn't be allowed in Smash. Thus, if he DOES make it in, at most he will just have moves that look like they would have that kind of impact but have no gore or blood and then he's not really Doomguy anymore because his personality of ripping through the competition literally has been removed and he's just generic FPS guy.

Just for funsies, a lot of people bring up Mortal Kombat and how for this same reason Scorpion or Sub-Zero will never get in Smash...problem is that Injustice 1 and 2 have made both them and Raiden into a form that is of tolerable violence for other games, meaning there are canon variations of this characters showing restraint and holding back...does Doomguy have this? Does he have a game that was built from the ground up with making him less violent? If he does it improves his chances, if not we are back to the start here.
I agree with you on the first point. A character's chance to get in Smash and whether or not you like them should be separate things. I didn't really assume that as much as interpret it for you line that, "On a similarly irritating note, this means that Hayabusa should still be possible, unless something else big came out about him." That definitely felt like an actively detracting from Ryu. Saying his even mere possibility was "irritating" is what really caused me to respond the way I did. You may not have meant it as such, but it definitely didn't come off as a neutral statement.

I'd also argue just wanting to prove people wrong isn't much of a reason to like or dislike certain characters. There are lots of people who legitimately want Erdrick here who don't act as standoffish that you throw into the line of fire when you do that. I also just don't personally see the reason why other people's commentaries should effect how you perceive certain characters. A bunch of Smash fans can be assholes for different reasons, especially when you start looking at places like GameFAQs and 4chan who take pleasure in other people's misery or just enjoy getting others riled up. Anonymous people on the internet, particularly in the gaming community, can be real ****ty. They're not worth your time or effort to fight a crusade against proving them wrong, especially when again, the character in question should probably be judged individually and not for the usual gaggle of bandwagoning idiots who attached themselves on to a certain leak and then proceeded to call out Geno because they could. Geno's the easiest target by far for most of them, so of course those types of people are going to pick fights with Geno fans or supporters.

And respectfully, I disagree with the notion that Doomguy can't be toned back to make him a viable Smash candidate. You bring up his excessive behavior, but again, that's really only a trait of the most recent game. The original DOOM games were mostly bloody in a primitive way and the corpses of the demons you shot were pixelated globs of red. The Doomguy didn't tear any demons limb from limb back then, and I'd argue that's exactly the era you'd be choosing to represent with him. I'd also argue that the whole Doomguy just being another generic FPS marine is kind of the point. He's got no character whatsoever, to the point where the Smash community can't even figure out what to actually call him: Doomguy? Doom Slayer? Doom Marine? All of which have been tossed around at different points. He's mission focused and brutal, those are defining traits. Brutality doesn't have to mean "gore" though. Again, we see this with Ridley as the "incarnation of pure evil." He retains all of his personality without having to go overboard on any of his moves. I think the Doomguy could easily adopt a brutality based move set as opposed to the gore based executions we see in DOOM 2016.

I similarly disagree with Bayonetta. All of her big moves involve her completely naked such as when she summons Gommorah. She's barely covered by the weave of her hair in those instances and there are several gratuitous shots of her body throughout the games. She plays her sexuality as a constant card and has executions that result in bloody messes just as much as the Doomguy does. I mean one of her executions actively involve sticking an angel in a guillotine, repeatedly slapping its ass, and then dropping the blade to decapitate said angel. That's pretty hardcore stuff, yet they found a way to make her work in Smash by toning her down. I think she's a perfectly reasonable example of how to handle something so M-rated.

Hell, Playstation All-Stars had Sweet Tooth as a playable character in that game and I shouldn't have to explain how dark Twisted Metal is on its own, and they still got away with their Teen rating. There are ways of toning down a character to make them work in less mature fighting games is all I'm saying.

Firox

Smash Master
I mean one of her executions actively involve sticking an angel in a guillotine, repeatedly slapping its ***, and then dropping the blade to decapitate said angel.
I couldn't help but lol at how true this is. In retrospect, it really is amazing how they turned such an R-rated character into a PG one.

Great, now I have the mental picture of Pit getting spanked in a guillotine....."I never learned how to read!"

Last edited:

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Welp I had someone quoted by I lost it yet again, ho well. Not even sure what it was about.

Anyway, EricTheGamerman EricTheGamerman I wish people would stop assuming that since someone else doesn't think a character can get in, it means they don't want or like that character. Jesus Christ, other than Dragon Quest 3 I hold a completely unbiased stance, and my only issue with DQ3 is all the losers all over the internet who treat you like garbage because you are more logical then they are. I just want them to be wrong because of how much of a stain they are.

Seriously, I've never touched Ninja Gaiden but ninjas are badass and I grew up on Naruto, so I dig the whole 'physical badass that also has limited mystical powers' ninja trope. With this in mind and after learning that the claim against Hayabusa held no weight and finding no other claims, I see nothing that currently prevents his inclusion.

Doomguy is a completely different story. You bring up Bayonetta as a counter, and many people bring up Snake as well, but it's just NOT the same. Snake is easy: he's a dude who is military trained and can hurt people without being lethal and you can use his weapons and some of his techniques in a comical manner almost while also keeping the gritty tone of the character. However, he never does anything super brutal and from what I have gathered, it's not in his personality to take violence past the level it needs to be to get the job done.

Bayonetta is sexy, yes, but nudity is not part of her personality or core character, but merely a result of using her abilities. Her chill demeanor about stripping naked and still being classy about it is what you are referring to, and preventing her from stripping naked takes nothing from her personality as she's amazing represented in Smash ("If you need to learn how to talk to a lady, ask your mother!"), the only things toned down about her character being use of language and innuendos.

Doomguy though? Being excessively violent is at his core personality. Weapons aside, when he fights with just what his mama gave him, does he tone it down and merely punch them down or at the most break their neck or something? HELL NO! He rips them apart with no restraint and does it in different ways as if he's trying to make a work of art out of it and keeping himself entertained. He doesn't slow down and he doesn't give a **** about you or your friends or really what anyone says because he's gonna do what he wants and if you are in his way you'll shortly be out of his way and in various amounts of pieces. He's an original badass and I love it and so do others, but how could you possible bring that to Smash? Will he punch Mario's face off? Will he rip Pit's wings off his back a la God of War? No, he won't, because that wouldn't be allowed in Smash. Thus, if he DOES make it in, at most he will just have moves that look like they would have that kind of impact but have no gore or blood and then he's not really Doomguy anymore because his personality of ripping through the competition literally has been removed and he's just generic FPS guy.

Just for funsies, a lot of people bring up Mortal Kombat and how for this same reason Scorpion or Sub-Zero will never get in Smash...problem is that Injustice 1 and 2 have made both them and Raiden into a form that is of tolerable violence for other games, meaning there are canon variations of this characters showing restraint and holding back...does Doomguy have this? Does he have a game that was built from the ground up with making him less violent? If he does it improves his chances, if not we are back to the start here.
I agree about Doomguy , it would be hard to make him a smash fighter while keeping him with the tone of Smash Bros.
Be too violent , and some poor kids will get traumatized , tone down the violence too much , and he's just the FPS guy.

Also , this is more personnal , but Doomguy would legit be one of the few characters that I would heavily dislike.

I understand that his violence is over the top , it's supposed to be photo-realistic blood and ****... But I'm going to turn 18 soon , and I still don't understand the adrealine some people have while playing game with realistic violence. Seeing blood come out of the head of anything , human or not , video game or not disgust me to no end.
I mean yeah , kinda ironic to say that from a Henry supporter , since the dude is like "oh lol it's my blood !" when he get badly hurt , but violence like that straight up disgust me.

I'm not saying you should feel bad for liking Doomguy and DOOM , those are amazing FPS in their own rights , it's just that this aspect of the game is what strongly kept me away from it. That's why I would prefer Tracer or Heavy as a FPS rep.

Also , I never liked most humans characters in video games if they are too realistic.
I play video games to escape reality , but also to learn stuff from them that could be applied to real life.
That's why I don't like most FPS , a lot of them try so hard to be realistic when It's not necessary.

But I'll stop here , since this is getting a bit off-topic and would be pretty personnal.

But also , who I am to talk , with my characters wants lol

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
But I'll stop here , since this is getting a bit off-topic and would be pretty personnal.

Nah it's okay, things have been dead lately. Not much to do at this point beyond the waiting game (which some might take as the crying game). Just a little over two weeks left before we know if anything's coming.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
It’s cool dude. You’re not the only one with wants others think are strange. Aside from Ninten, Claus and Geno, the characters I’d love to get in the most are Klonoa and Monokuma.(Protoman and Decidueye as well but I’ve given up on them sadly.)

Nah it's okay, things have been dead lately. Not much to do at this point beyond the waiting game (which some might take as the crying game). Just a little over two weeks left before we know if anything's coming.
Lulz I’m probably the biggest offender here when it comes to getting off topic.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Not gonna lie , things have been dead since January. Yeah we had Plant but... They just drop Plant like "oh yeah it's here now" and that was it. There was also some questionnable balance change like why did they buff Snake up-tilt
I kind of feel weird about this DLC cycle... Like , I have this bad feeling that DLCs rep are just going to be... There , for me. I'm honestly more scared on how they'll balance them more than anything , I don't know if I could take another Cloud/Bayo Sm4sh situation...

Man I just want this ****ing Geno costume and be over with it. Let me have it so I can do montages with it , give me at least that. I just don't have any hope for him to be in Smash right now . I'm more looking forward toward OP Starfall for SMRPG , it's doable to bring them back in the Mario mainstream , even if it's gonna take several years.
I mean , I'm still waiting for Pikmin 4 , and it's depressing to hear "stop dreaming , ain't happenin' this year" every stinkin' time since 2014... So I can give my support for a few years , Geno and Mallow don't deserve to be so under-used. And even if they end up beeing a koopaling situation where they'll be everywhere , I'll be the last one to complain...

This is going to sound very cliché but...

Right now , Geno getting into Smash would mean the damn world to me.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

I disagree about Doomguy. The over the top, excessive violence is really only a thing of the 2016 reboot (which is basically the main reason I hate that reboot - they took the incorrect stereotype of what Doom was and made it, and dared call it Doom). If you wanted to pull from the classic games, you don't have that gore to pull from. I'd argue Sakurai is more prone to derive aspects of a third party character's moveset from the classic games anyways.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I disagree about Doomguy. The over the top, excessive violence is really only a thing of the 2016 reboot (which is basically the main reason I hate that reboot - they took the incorrect stereotype of what Doom was and made it, and dared call it Doom). If you wanted to pull from the classic games, you don't have that gore to pull from. I'd argue Sakurai is more prone to derive aspects of a third party character's moveset from the classic games anyways.
Besides, who doesn't want to nuke everything with a BFG or tear through people with a chainsaw? Both of those are kosher for Smash alone.

KanataLen

Smash Apprentice
been lurking here for awhile now, nothing of note to report in news and I have always tried to keep my hype for Geno within what has been said officially or for any "leaks" that withstood more than a couple of weeks. It's a little sad to see where our starboi is right now, and hopefully we see him again in some way shape or form... though smash would be awesome. Right now i'm just cooling my heels in anticipation for new news.
On the Capcom side of things, i've actually have had a full idea for a reimagining of Command Mission (or even X9) for awhile now, I just don't have the staff to make it a possibility. Anyone know any coders and artists?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
On a side note , I made a playlist of all the SMRPG remixes I could find.

God they really like Forest Maze...

I love Forest Maze, I do, but there are so many better themes in the game that don't get appreciation. The Mushroom Kingdom town theme honestly sticks out to me more than anything. Just... something about that one gives me chills and makes me smile.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
I love Forest Maze, I do, but there are so many better themes in the game that don't get appreciation. The Mushroom Kingdom town theme honestly sticks out to me more than anything. Just... something about that one gives me chills and makes me smile.
Forest Maze is iconic because that's where you recruit Geno... Still , I'm with you on that , a lot of SMRPG tracks are severly under-appreciated. Even Battle against an armed boss didn't get a lot of remixes !

I think the Mushroom Kingdom theme is just raw happiness. It's the perfect way to say "Alright , let's begin our little adventure !"

Last edited:

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I always thought Welcome to Booster Tower was a really underrated one as well. Weapons Factory too.

D

Deleted member

So, I have to ask, what happened that's made everyone think Banjo is really likely?

I've thought and still think Banjo is likely for wave 1, but what suddenly happened to make everyone, including even people who don't want Banjo, think he's likely?

Last edited by a moderator:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
So, I have to ask, what happened that's made everyone think Banjo is really likely?

I've thought and still think Banjo is likely for wave 1, but what suddenly happened to make everyone, including even people who don't want Banjo, think he's likely?
Polar said she potentially heard something.

Ovaltine

Smash Master

Mojang staff denouncing Steve as a playable character option (stated to be personal opinions, but still awfully telling of how Mojang thinks of their own default skin character) and Master Chief being touted by 343i and its employees as a character they wish were in Smash + what seems to be an outright deconfirmation potentially brings both of Banjo's biggest competitors down. On top of the fact that Phil Spencer and Sakurai had lunch together after E3 (which could still so easily be nothing but formalities), Microsoft and Nintendo are being buddies, and Rare Replay being rumored to come to the Switch, a lot of signs are pointing towards Banjo for a lot of people.

I'm a HUGE Banjo fan, and as much as I want him... yeah, no, I'll believe it when I see it. I'm apathetic at this point because I'm used to Banjo remaining dead in the water for years, so if he doesn't get in, it won't bother me (even though he'd save the FP for me singlehandedly).

If he did get in, though, I think I would end up ascending.

D

Deleted member

Polar said she potentially heard something.
Mojang staff denouncing Steve as a playable character option (stated to be personal opinions, but still awfully telling of how Mojang thinks of their own default skin character) and Master Chief being touted by 343i and its employees as a character they wish were in Smash + what seems to be an outright deconfirmation potentially brings both of Banjo's biggest competitors down. On top of the fact that Phil Spencer and Sakurai had lunch together after E3 (which could still so easily be nothing but formalities), Microsoft and Nintendo are being buddies, and Rare Replay being rumored to come to the Switch, a lot of signs are pointing towards Banjo for a lot of people.

I'm a HUGE Banjo fan, and as much as I want him... yeah, no, I'll believe it when I see it. I'm apathetic at this point because I'm used to Banjo remaining dead in the water for years, so if he doesn't get in, it won't bother me (even though he'd save the FP for me singlehandedly).

Ah, okay. That explains it.

However...people are saying Banjo, and not Banjo-Kazooie...which can only mean...

preview.jpg

The Banjo
Comes to Town!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
yeah Steve seems unlikely as much as I want him alongside B-K.

I think other Mojang members might like to see him in Smash, though; a lot of Minecraft fans would, and a dev for the Switch version said he would like to see Steve or a Creeper (the guy who asked about Steve and Smash at Minecon was told this by the dev). Aubrey is the head manager or something of the community managers, I don't think she works on the game itself, but she would probably still know something (strangely, when someone asked if she would know or can't say about Steve being in Smash, she replied with a grimace emoji).

Last edited:

Looma

Smash Journeyman
you mined and crafted like no other, steve minecraft...
D2tckU9XcAAtO-x.png large.png

I made peace with Banjo being an Xbox exclusive who's never coming back to the consoles I own, and likely being dead forever except for compilations anyway ages ago, and yet, we're now in a reality where he might actually be on the table...? For Smash...? and Rare Replay for Switch...? Lord save me, I have some serious running to do if I'm gonna catch up with that train. Please don't crash this time.

I don't believe it yet. I still might have to see it before that happens, but I'm very intrigued. PORTABLE BANJO

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
So to clarify, PolarPanda PolarPanda never said anything concrete about B&K. They mentioned the a Windows Central Employee claimed that they were in, but nothing from her sources and nothing from her personally. Even if she did have something, remember we need to be thinking critically and not just gobbling up what leakers **** out. Let us not be like LaxChris or WiiUGamer.

However, what I find interesting is that not only has Aubrey not been corporately punished but none of her tweets have been deleted as far as I can tell, which to me means that there was no NDA broken...which would imply Steve is no in development for Smash Ultimate DLC despite her backpedaling, but in all honesty MAYBE her tweets were vague and opinionated enough to have her right on the line that needed to be towed? It's awful iffy I gotta say, and it doesn't do Steve any favors.

Whereas with B&K, you've got the missing Rare Spirits, the recently accelerated relationship of Nintendo and Microsoft, the fact that Sakurai and Phil have spent time together, Master Chief's deconfirmation, this iffy situation with Steve, and most recently Loot Crate dropped B&K from their coming themes and their tweet of the Longing Wolverine in regards to Smash fans wanting Banjo got removed. This kind of stuff really makes you think because, of course it could all just be coincidence surely, but it's a lot of weird stuff surrounding the character that has happened in recent times.

It's why I point out all the Geno/SMRPG stuff that's come up recently, as it could be nothing but has rather odd timing...

And speaking of Geno, I found this. I can't even find out where I found it from but it was something for Source Gaming's Twitter and I couldn't vote but I could see results.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...KLH-rHECsHEwlolrDYVb3iuFA2cev6g/viewanalytics

Now I have no idea how this is supposed to be organized or really what to take from it at all, but Geno is showing up in these and it makes me happy regardless. OUR BLUE PUPPET BOI AIN'T FORGOTTEN!

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
The Banjo stuff comes from a few different things that help give legitimacy to the idea of Microsoft and Nintendo working together specifically on Switch related stuff and the fact that a lot of the other Microsoft candidates don't seem to be in such a good spot.

First off, you have the unprecedented level of Microsoft reaching out and expanding their horizons. Halo The Master Chief Collection on Steam is a HUGE deal given Halo has been one of the few IPs that Microsoft has seemed to bank on in terms of bringing interest to the Xbox family of systems. That alone indicates Microsoft is doing things differently. Sure, they had been co-releasing several games on Windows for Live, but releasing the sort of last bastion of Microsoft exclusivity in Halo, especially on Steam was a big moment for Microsoft.

Then we got the announcement that Cuphead was officially heading to Switch. As Microsoft bankrolled much of the game, general perception had been that it would always remain PC and Xbox One exclusive. But, Microsoft clearly had other plans and specifically pushed for the game's release on Switch. This fact shows that we're seeing Microsoft specifically branch out to Nintendo to put one of their own titles on the platform. I'd argue Cuphead was one of Xbox's more important exclusives, so we see yet another moment in which their cooperation has clearly grown from what we once thought. Previously it had just been crossplay related stuff that they had no issues with, but now it's gone beyond that to indicate an ever-closer working relationship.

As far as other Microsoft reps go, Cuphead and Master Chief have both been specifically shot down by the developers of each. The Cuphead co-creator mentioned he really wanted to see Cuphead in Smash, so he's definitely not a current DLC pick. Frank O' Connor of 343 also mentioned that Master Chief was not coming to Smash. Steve has also received a LOT of pushback from people related to Minecraft, including community manager Aubrey Norris who pretty harshly said that she didn't believe that Steve made sense in Smash. The general presumption has been that she wouldn't be able to say that if Steve was a DLC fighter because she'd be under some NDA. So, Steve's not looking great right now either.

There's also rumors and "leaks" of supposed further involvement between Microsoft and Nintendo. We've been hearing about some sort of unprecedented crossover related to Nintendo happening that "would blow people's minds" from one of the leakers whose name escapes me right now. Polar mentioned that she thought "people will be happy" with an upcoming announcement and I believe had heard rumors of Rare Replay specifically coming to Switch in some form. There's also some insider buzz supposedly over Xbox Gamepass coming to Switch, but that's not really possible, so I wouldn't count on that one specifically.

Basically, it amounts to the fact we're seeing an unprecedented level of cooperation between Microsoft and other companies, including Nintendo right now. That would theoretically pave the path for additional collaborations including something in Smash. And basically all the other Microsoft candidates for such a position are in pretty rough spots if not outright deconfirmed. Plus, Rare Replay coming to Switch would almost demand Banjo Kazooie in Smash if it was to happen.

We still don't even know if we're getting a Microsoft rep of course, but if we're getting one, it would seem to be Banjo Kazooie based on all of these factors.

Much like Erdrick, there's a lot of smoke in the insider community which may indicate fire. However, there's the added concreteness of a better relationship between Microsoft and Nintendo that probably puts a Microsoft character into a decently likely position for Smash. So, I'd say out of any fan favorite right now, Banjo Kazooie probably has about the best shot if things keep adding up like this.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Geno in the top 5 of the 1st most wanted and top 3 of the second/third most wanteds...

That makes me smile. I know fan polls aren't much in the grand scheme of things, but Geno is darn well loved.

hinode

Smash Cadet
Too expand about the Microsoft rumors, here's an article from a few weeks back: https://www.polygon.com/2019/2/22/18236210/xbox-game-pass-switch-microsoft

Basically it sounds like Microsoft is pivoting longterm from Xbox-as-a-console to Xbox-as-a-service, with Switch as one of many platforms where Xbox games will be available in some fashion. This would be why we just might see Rare Replay (or at least the N64 games from it) on Switch sooner or later.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Too expand about the Microsoft rumors, here's an article from a few weeks back: https://www.polygon.com/2019/2/22/18236210/xbox-game-pass-switch-microsoft

Basically it sounds like Microsoft is pivoting longterm from Xbox-as-a-console to Xbox-as-a-service, with Switch as one of many platforms where Xbox games will be available in some fashion. This would be why we just might see Rare Replay (or at least the N64 games from it) on Switch sooner or later.
Even if Banjo doesn't get into Smash, this would make me so happy.

Bear and bird... back on a Nintendo console... :cry: I'd shed many tears.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

That would go well towards avoiding a Dreamcast situation and ensure there's a safety net to land on, while patching things up with a former rival at the same time. Pretty smart, really. And hopefully this means the Battletoads stage can be retroactively added to Shovel Knight on Switch.

Last edited:

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229

WAIT RARE REPLAY COULD COME TO SWITCH ???? WOOOOOOO !!! I COULD FINALLY PLAY THESE DAMN GAMES !!! BUT THIS HURT ME THAT BANJO-TOOIE ISN'T A PART OF THE COLLECTION , WHY , THIS GAME IS SO DAMN EXPENSIVE IN FRANCE AAAJRHZUIQHQXUQGVQY

Calm down , calm down...

I have no expectations for the fighter pass (didn't bought it) since Plant + the base roster is enough for me for the time beeing. Honestly , I'm still cautious about B&K , but just the fact that Rare replay could come to Switch make me happy.

Firox

Smash Master
I have no expectations for the fighter pass (didn't bought it) since Plant + the base roster is enough for me for the time beeing.
I'm still conflicted on buying the rest of the fighter pass. I definitely want Joker, but Nintendo's gotta give me SOMETHING else to sell me on it. If they can guarantee at least one more super hype pick then I'll bite the bullet and commit. Hopefully, they'll announce at least one more when they unveil Joker's official release.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I'm still conflicted on buying the rest of the fighter pass. I definitely want Joker, but Nintendo's gotta give me SOMETHING else to sell me on it. If they can guarantee at least one more super hype pick then I'll bite the bullet and commit. Hopefully, they'll announce at least one more when they unveil Joker's official release.
Same. If the next reveal is indeed Erdrick like people are rumoring, that's pretty much anti-hype for me personally (not objectively, just according to my tastes). This second character is gonna make or break the pass for me. Joker just wasn't enough to sell me on it or give me any real clue of what to expect beyond 'wild and out there picks', which can still be a bunch of hit-and-miss stuff.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Same. If the next reveal is indeed Erdrick like people are rumoring, that's pretty much anti-hype for me personally (not objectively, just according to my tastes). This second character is gonna make or break the pass for me. Joker just wasn't enough to sell me on it or give me any real clue of what to expect beyond 'wild and out there picks', which can still be a bunch of hit-and-miss stuff.
Eh, I'm not going to lose hype by the second character unless it's something that actually gives that one 5ch. leak with Doomguy and Steve on it some actual credence. Like if we see Ryu or Doomguy as the second character I'm going to thinking "uh oh...", if we see Erdrick next I'll be unsurprised and probably won't think much of it since he(and she?) has had stuff going for it outside of that one particular 5ch leak. Overall I'm largely neutral on DQ stuff in Smash. If we get Steve I will be pretty disappointed personally as he's probably one of the most anti-hype inclusions for me. If we get any other character, I'll be pretty damn intrigued since it would shake things up a bit and help make the next 3 DLC character more of a mystery again, which would certainly help make things more exciting.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
honestly , if I end up liking one character , I'll buy his pack , but not the fighter pass.

I will only buy it if Geno or one of my wild dream characters get in , as a way to say thank you to Sakurai and Sora Limited. Sm4sh DLC let me a bad taste in the mouth , especially since Cloud and Bayo ****ed up Sm4sh Metagame , and that Corrin was a pain to deal with as Olimar. They were mostly uninteresting characters to me , even if Bayonetta 2 ended up beeing an amazing experience.
I sadly bought them because I wanted the full roster , and I barely used Cloud and Bayonetta. It was damn obvious that there was a big DLC priviliege when you played them.

And Piranha Plant beeing bottom 5 don't change things for me , since it was a free DLC.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Please tell me I'm not the only one who doesn't see the whole pass situation with gloom and doom. No offense to anyone, but it's gotten real tiresome at this point.
Oh , I don't think it's that bad.

I'm just cautious , especially with how they handled Sm4sh DLC , balance-wise.
I have no expectation for the pass since I have enough characters I like on the roster.

If I like a DLC character , I'll buy 'em , if I don't , I won't buy 'em. Simple as that.

I'm just not going to buy content that is unknown to me.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Please tell me I'm not the only one who doesn't see the whole pass situation with gloom and doom. No offense to anyone, but it's gotten real tiresome at this point.
It's less doom and gloom and more that I want to be conscious with the money I spend. I see no point in buying the FP if I don't like 1-2 of the characters on it, because then the 'deal' is essentially wasted. I wouldn't really be saving any money.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Eh, I'm not going to lose hype by the second character unless it's something that actually gives that one 5ch. leak with Doomguy and Steve on it some actual credence. Like if we see Ryu or Doomguy as the second character I'm going to thinking "uh oh...", if we see Erdrick next I'll be unsurprised and probably won't think much of it since he(and she?) has had stuff going for it outside of that one particular 5ch leak. Overall I'm largely neutral on DQ stuff in Smash. If we get Steve I will be pretty disappointed personally as he's probably one of the most anti-hype inclusions for me. If we get any other character, I'll be pretty damn intrigued since it would shake things up a bit and help make the next 3 DLC character more of a mystery again, which would certainly help make things more exciting.
Except that Dragon Quest III's protagonist DOESN'T have a lot going for them besides what leakers have said. That is literally it, I cannot count how many times I have been over and seen other people go over what this character has going for them, and every time the biggest argument is 'Well, all these leaks/leakers said that...'

Who gives a ****? They are just random people. We REALLY need to start treating every leaker, even the ones who had credibility, like the random 4chan leaks we ****ing laugh our asses off at and move on. Why? Because, say it with me: Leakers hold no weight in an argument. I'll repeat this until I cannot breathe any longer because people still don't seem to get how just cuz Lil' Vergy said Erdrick was in doesn't mean that holds any weight at all.

You wanna know what really holds weight? Frank deconfirming Chief, Aubrey making Steve's chances look grim (though this holds less weight), B&K theme being removed from Lootcrate and Lootcrate tweet about B&K in Smash removed (this holds even less weight, but still more than a leaker) and Rare Spirits being in the game at one point. All of these things we use in B&K's favor hold more weight than 'X leaker said Y about Z, but they have no evidence'.

Also, people think there is a lot going for DQ3 protag, but honestly there isn't.

The major things are:

1. Leakers, which we know means nothing
2. DQ3 is the second-best selling game of all time in Japan, but the main protag is not cherished, only the game. Slime or Luminary are better fits.
3. Sakurai likes DQ and he likes DQ3. That's cool, so does most of Japan. Joker was picked regardless of Sakurai's bias and Sakurai's bias has done more good than bad. This really isn't a point for or against, but people act like it's gospel.

What else is there, really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom