• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
And you're about to get a PM about this. That said, do you want me to continue from our previous one or a new one? Your choice, of course. Further details on the issue there too, since it's nobody's business in public.
Huh?

Uh, whatever way you wanna PM me is fine.

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
...I am also confused as to what would warrant PMs. I'd say it's pretty clear that everyone is joking, including me by suggesting the legendary Vampre Hunter, Abraham Lincoln. There's no way they'd add more vampire hunter reps after the Castlevania boys. And Nikolai Tesla is also clearly never going to happen because we already have two Pikachus.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
...I am also confused as to what would warrant PMs. I'd say it's pretty clear that everyone is joking, including me by suggesting the legendary Vampre Hunter, Abraham Lincoln. There's no way they'd add more vampire hunter reps after the Castlevania boys. And Nikolai Tesla is also clearly never going to happen because we already have two Pikachus.
Actually, you were suggesting a valid non-game character suggestion from the original question answered. So that's why I couldn't tell it was a joke for a while. The reply to it was clearly more jokey, but since you suggested a valid character... and I did misread it slightly, as I only saw the Abraham Lincoln part. You can tell the misreading happened since I didn't realize you meant a character from a novel, not a real life person. I know it's a joke now, but the actual overall context make it a bit harder to tell overall for me. Sorry about that.

The PM doesn't concern anyone but me and the user in any way, shape, or form. Generally, though, if you have a dispute with a user, just take it to PM's and leave it a that. That's all I can really say on it.

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
I was making a multi layer joke, both that Abraham Lincoln (the president) should be in smash, and also that the same president also moonlights as a vampire hunter.

His regular attacks would be related to his skill with an axe. One can even be a throw, assuming it doesn't make people call him an echo. Not sure on specials, maybe having to do with his top hat and speeches? His ultimate would be Emancipation Proclamation. All opponents would find themselves freed from the stage.

Tesla would attack with small electric bursts. His down special would be to place a Teslacoil on the ground. If an opponent passes between two of them, a charge would jump between the coils, damaging them. His ultimate would be Death Ray, where he fires a giant laser across the arena.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I was making a multi layer joke, both that Abraham Lincoln (the president) should be in smash, and also that the same president also moonlights as a vampire hunter.

His regular attacks would be related to his skill with an axe. One can even be a throw, assuming it doesn't make people call him an echo. Not sure on specials, maybe having to do with his top hat and speeches? His ultimate would be Emancipation Proclamation. All opponents would find themselves freed from the stage.

Tesla would attack with small electric bursts. His down special would be to place a Teslacoil on the ground. If an opponent passes between two of them, a charge would jump between the coils, damaging them. His ultimate would be Death Ray, where he fires a giant laser across the arena.
And posts like this makes me wish we would allow threads for non-game characters. Honestly legitimately neat ideas. :)

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Oh dear god...
Why?

I have a question for all of you that is partial sparked from that Darth Vader discussion we had a while back. Let's say you were given the choice to choose one non-video game character into Smash and you have been told that the agreement with the character you chose would be very exclusive, so it is legally impossible for any more non-video game characters to appear after this one(So no floodgates would be open), who would you pick and why?
James Bond. Because he was considered to be in Melee, but they couldn’t put him in, for copyright reasons.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

domriver

Smash Lord
Ah yes R.P.M that was the one. I never fully watched the entire series after In-Space. An episode here and there. I can agree with you on the bad writing. LOL xD Did you play that Power Ranger that game with Zords and Villians and Rangers fighting? It was on SNES. that was a fun game. If done properly Power Rangers can actually be a very good fighting game with the old villians / classic rangers and some new ones etc.. Having a "Grow" ability i can go into more detail but we are already we off topic! :D

So on Geno news - anything? Anyone? Smash Direct soon? :p

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So, what do you guys think of the Nindies Showcase. I only got to see the latter half of the showcase on mute, but what I saw was pretty intresting(Especially the last game for obvious reasons) and I did hear about Cuphead being shown at the start.

D

Deleted member

The Nindies direct didn't interest me much. Cuphead on the Switch and the LoZ game (forgot what it was called lmao) at the end were the only things that were cool, and, even then, I have little interest in them.

But, I do have to admit, I like how they surprised me with that last game being an LoZ game. Ar first, I thought it was just another run of the mill Indie game, until I heard the iconic LoZ music.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
The Nindies direct didn't interest me much. Cuphead on the Switch and the LoZ game (forgot what it was called lmao) at the end were the only things that were cool, and, even then, I have little interest in them.

But, I do have to admit, I like how they surprised me with that last game being an LoZ game. Ar first, I thought it was just another run of the mill Indie game, until I heard the iconic LoZ music.
It is a crossover between an indie series that has been out for a while and LoZ. It's rather intresting.

D

Deleted member

It is a crossover between an indie series that has been out for a while and LoZ. It's rather intresting.
It was cool, yeah, but I don't have much interest in it. But I do remember the name - CoH (Cadence of Hyrule).

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It was cool, yeah, but I don't have much interest in it. But I do remember the name - CoH (Cadence of Hyrule).
But do you realize the implications of the game? Specifically, what it means for the future of Nindies.

D

Deleted member

The Nindies didn't really interest me much either it was fine and there were a few things that interested me but it's nothing stand-out. Cuphead, That Pinball game and the Zelda thing were the only things that interested me with the Zelda thing it has big implications for Indies on the Switch and I've never played Cuphead so now I have a chance to do so.

The Pinball game looked pretty and it also looks interesting but those were the only things that interested me, Everything else though was kind of meh. Decent Nindie Direct but there wasn't much that interested me.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's generally noticed that there are Nintendo Directs roughly 2-3 weeks after the Indie ones so we'll see how that plays out. Not a lot of news behind the scenes. King Zell briefly came out of retirement to say that a big Nintendo/Microsoft project is on the way and a number of people have actually named the mysterious sequel that people were talking about a month ago but probably no one's going to throw it out there (I'm excited and apprehensive about it if it's true because fans have been begging for it for years.)

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
It's generally noticed that there are Nintendo Directs roughly 2-3 weeks after the Indie ones so we'll see how that plays out. Not a lot of news behind the scenes. King Zell briefly came out of retirement to say that a big Nintendo/Microsoft project is on the way and a number of people have actually named the mysterious sequel that people were talking about a month ago but probably no one's going to throw it out there (I'm excited and apprehensive about it if it's true because fans have been begging for it for years.)
A mysterious sequel...

Are you allowed to give any info or do you prefer not to?

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Cuphead is a goddamn masterpiece and people who have any interest in it should absolutely play it when it releases on Switch. Such an awesome announcement and hopefully it signals some additional hope for Banjo as well. Lots of interesting stuff developing with Microsoft in the past few weeks I will say...

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I'm going to guess F-Zero, Mother 4, or... maybe... a proper Paper Mario sequel / SMRPG sequel? Or... a new Banjo game? Or a DKC with K. Rool?

... Yeah, I'm shooting for the stars, I know.

6eyondthegrave

Smash Apprentice
Cuphead is a goddamn masterpiece and people who have any interest in it should absolutely play it when it releases on Switch. Such an awesome announcement and hopefully it signals some additional hope for Banjo as well. Lots of interesting stuff developing with Microsoft in the past few weeks I will say...
Cuphead, My Friend Pedro & Katana ZERO looks interesting to me. Even Cadence of Hyrule seems neat. I actually enjoyed this direct and I wasn't expecting it. It would be cool if they brought in Gang Beasts...

D

Deleted member

I made some space on my switch for Cuphead. Can't wait to play it again!

Ovaltine

Smash Master
For me, Cadence of Hyrule is extremely interesting. The content itself might not appeal to me, but the concept of Nintendo crossing over with an indie dev with one of their biggest IPs (probably only behind Pokemon and Mario) is huge. I don't think anyone can fully comprehend how massive a leap this is, myself included. This is something I never saw coming.

Nintendo, you always know how to surprise me.

As for actual games, though, eh. All I care about is Cuphead finally coming to the Switch. I'm so excited to play it for the first time.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
A mysterious sequel...

Are you allowed to give any info or do you prefer not to?
Only hints I'm probably allowed to give is that it's third party and hasn't been relevant since near the end of Web 1.0. If it's like most things I bring up, someone like Polar will probably just flat out come in later and say it if they feel like it doesn't endanger anyone.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Only hints I'm probably allowed to give is that it's third party and hasn't been relevant since near the end of Web 1.0. If it's like most things I bring up, someone like Polar will probably just flat out come in later and say it if they feel like it doesn't endanger anyone.
>third party
>relevant in the mid-to-late 90s

Don't get my hopes up like that. I know it isn't a SMRPG sequel. Don't do that to me. :sadeyes:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Huh. What I didn't understand is if the sequel is the Microsoft/Nintendo project or something different

Last edited:

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
So, just to recap:

This game is a (formerly cancelled) sequel to a third-party property (one that hasn't been relevant since about 1998 or so) that has been clamored for by fans for years?

Is this all correct?

Last edited:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Also, you can thank Reggie for the Microsoft partnership. The guy is friends with Microsoft dudes for years, works not far from them in Redmond, and has done a wonderful job. What a way to close out a deal at the end of his run

sounds like Banjo-Kazooie but it seems the Banjo-Threeie thing from a Rare guy was a joke.
If it is the Microsoft project, then I would 100% bet on Banjo-Threeie

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Also, you can thank Reggie for the Microsoft partnership. The guy is friends with Microsoft dudes for years, works not far from them in Redmond, and has done a wonderful job. What a way to close out a deal at the end of his run

If it is the Microsoft project, then I would 100% bet on Banjo-Threeie
I doubt it, seeing as Banjo was relevant still beyond Web 1.0, but I think I would rocket into space if it was. Nay, I'd cry.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, just to recap:

This game is a (formerly cancelled) sequel to a third-party property (one that hasn't been relevant since about 1998 or so) that has been clamored for by fans for years?

Is this all correct?
Web 1.0 to me ended around the time Facebook/Myspace and YouTube started picking up traction so I'd tack on a little less than a decade.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Web 1.0 to me ended around the time Facebook/Myspace and YouTube started picking up traction so I'd tack on a little less than a decade.
You know... That was around the last time we saw Banjo through Nuts & Bolts...

(loud thinking emoji)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I know right? Man, to think that exclusivity deal managed to allow a loophole after all. The best part? It comes the same day the content update launches.

Wonders never cease.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You know... That was around the last time we saw Banjo through Nuts & Bolts...

(loud thinking emoji)
Not Banjo and the third party in this case isn't Microsoft/Rare. I have no clue what the supposed Nintendo/Microsoft project is but some people are hard leaning on Halo for whatever reason because no one has said if that's just speculation or based on things they've actually heard.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Not Banjo and the third party in this case isn't Microsoft/Rare. I have no clue what the supposed Nintendo/Microsoft project is but some people are hard leaning on Halo for whatever reason because no one has said if that's just speculation or based on things they've actually heard.
Okay, then yeah, I'm totally stumped. Guess it's gonna have to be a wait-and-see game. I'm very intrigued nevertheless.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
> No Banjo or Rare

I diagnose myself with dead.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
In before it's actually that one series about old civilisations/empires fighting each other.

Last edited:

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
What’s some music you guys want in Smash, whether they’d be originals or new remixes? I want Birdman (Pilotwings 64), Main Theme (Wave Race 64), Vacant Lives (1080 Snowboarding), and many, many others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom