• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
What’s some music you guys want in Smash, whether they’d be originals or new remixes? I want Birdman (Pilotwings 64), Main Theme (Wave Race 64), Vacant Lives (1080 Snowboarding), and many, many others.
Megalovania. Not even memeing.
Other than that, literally anything from SMRPG would be nice. Hell, get some more tunes from the Mario RPGs in here period. Those soundtracks are too good to pass up.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
What’s some music you guys want in Smash, whether they’d be originals or new remixes? I want Birdman (Pilotwings 64), Main Theme (Wave Race 64), Vacant Lives (1080 Snowboarding), and many, many others.
Pilotwings 64 music? More like hell yes. That was when the series wasn't soulless shovelware-level garbage. I love that game.

As for SMRPG, I kinda have a feeling that one day, someone will end up making either a ROM hack or pure fan-game that is a massive sequel with lots of Geno and Mallow content (especially the former). If that ever ends up happening, I know it'll get C&D'd really fast, to which I'd laugh. Protecting your intellectual properties is a hoot when you don't even use those properties ever. I'd gladly make it as accessible as possible to anyone who wanted to play it, too. A lot of people would. A C&D wouldn't be able to stop that, and that's a darn great thing when certain corporations (Square Enix) love to stick their fingers in their ears when it comes to their fans.

Someone should get on this because it'd be the ultimate middle finger to Square and it'd make a loooot of people happy. No, I don't dislike Squeenix as a company, what are you talking about? What would ever give that impression?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Some Parasite Eve music would be nice, but I suspect that won't be possible anyway since that would mean SE paying for the rights of using the original novel's name yet again.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
On second thought, I have a few third-party sequels that people gave up on around the time FB and YT exploded
I can see Chrono Break and Sonic Adventure 3.
Megaman Legends 3 was cancelled after this boom happened, so I discarded it.
Sonic Adventure 3.

Don't remind me about how much I'm dying for that game to one day happen. :laugh:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
So, what do you guys think of the Nindies Showcase. I only got to see the latter half of the showcase on mute, but what I saw was pretty intresting(Especially the last game for obvious reasons) and I did hear about Cuphead being shown at the start.
Personally, I don't care about Indies so I didn't watch it, but when I found out Cuphead was coming I watched the standalone trailers. Cuphead is awesome and Blaster Master Zero II is a great birthday present, but otherwise meh.

The Zelda Necrodancer crossover was honestly a bummer, I've played Necrodancer and I thought it sucked, so seeing that be Nintendo's first big collaboration with an indie is... I dunno, I don't like the intermingling of big IP with indie devs and this is doing the opposite of winning me over.
Only hints I'm probably allowed to give is that it's third party and hasn't been relevant since near the end of Web 1.0. If it's like most things I bring up, someone like Polar will probably just flat out come in later and say it if they feel like it doesn't endanger anyone.
Oh boy its gotta be Banjo
Not Banjo and the third party in this case isn't Microsoft/Rare. I have no clue what the supposed Nintendo/Microsoft project is but some people are hard leaning on Halo for whatever reason because no one has said if that's just speculation or based on things they've actually heard.
Oh

Then I'm thinking either Chrono Break or maybe Mega Man Legends 3.

I can only think of hella hype things.

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
Just for fun, I decided to go through the list of games released between 2006 and 2008 in search of franchises which could be it, and I've narrowed it down to my two main possibilities. These are, in my opinion, the two most likely options.

Possibility A. XenoSaga IV - Imo this is the most likely of my possibilities. For those unaware, the Xenosaga series was meant to be a proper saga with 6 entries, but this never came to be, as it was canceled after the third installment. The success of Xenoblade 2 could have very well lead Nintendo to consider helping make the fourth entry in the franchise for Switch, and Bandai-Namco and Nintendo have a very good relationship right now. Xenosaga III: Also Sprach Zarathustra released in 2006.

Possibility B. Chrono Trigger 3 - Chrono Trigger DS was released back in 2008, and while the series has received several rereleases on mobile devices, it's not really at all what you'd call "relevant." There were plans to release a sequel to the game entitled "Chrono Break," but that was presumably canceled. Fans have been clamoring for a new Chrono Trigger for many years, and Square Enix and Nintendo have been getting much closer over the past couple years.

EDIT: I'm gonna make a very, very bold and probably way off-base 3rd guess and say it's gonna be Half-Life 3.

Last edited:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Just for fun, I decided to go through the list of games released between 2006 and 2008 in search of franchises which could be it, and I've narrowed it down to my two main possibilities. These are, in my opinion, the two most likely options.

Possibility A. XenoSaga IV - Imo this is the most likely of my possibilities. For those unaware, the Xenosaga series was meant to be a proper saga with 6 entries, but this never came to be, as it was canceled after the third installment. The success of Xenoblade 2 could have very well lead Nintendo to consider helping make the fourth entry in the franchise for Switch, and Bandai-Namco and Nintendo have a very good relationship right now. Xenosaga III: Also Sprach Zarathustra released in 2006.

Possibility B. Chrono Trigger 3 - Chrono Trigger DS was released back in 2008, and while the series has received several rereleases on mobile devices, it's not really at all what you'd call "relevant." There were plans to release a sequel to the game entitled "Chrono Break," but that was presumably canceled. Fans have been clamoring for a new Chrono Trigger for many years, and Square Enix and Nintendo have been getting much closer over the past couple years.

I, of course, am probably horribly off the mark with these guesses though.
I really doubt Xenosaga IV would be a thing. The series was badly received after Episode 1, Namco gave up on it completely, the script for the other episodes is nowhere to be seen, and honestly, I didn't see the fanbase being loud about the return of saga. Heck Xenogears having a sequel would have exploded the Xeno fanbase a ton more.

D

Deleted member

Starring Wario (DDR: Mario Mix)
I Am (Shadow The Hedgehog)
Fight Against an Armed Boss (SMRPG [Remix])

That's it

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

EDIT: I'm gonna make a very, very bold and probably way off-base 3rd guess and say it's gonna be Half-Life 3.
I think Half Life 3 is legit likelier than Xenosaga IV.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ah yes R.P.M that was the one. I never fully watched the entire series after In-Space. An episode here and there. I can agree with you on the bad writing. LOL xD Did you play that Power Ranger that game with Zords and Villians and Rangers fighting? It was on SNES. that was a fun game. If done properly Power Rangers can actually be a very good fighting game with the old villians / classic rangers and some new ones etc.. Having a "Grow" ability i can go into more detail but we are already we off topic! :D

So on Geno news - anything? Anyone? Smash Direct soon? :p
Watch the full R.P.M. Totally worth it. I think I only have the Sega Genesis fighting game? I do own MMPR: The Movie: The Game(damn good).

Anyway, I gotta go and check out Nindies in a bit. I think it already showed(no details please).

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
What definition of web 1.0 are we talking? I often think about that era as basically pre 2001. So something on the N64 or Game Boy Color for a time period.

Though I do with it was Golden Sun...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Watch the full R.P.M. Totally worth it. I think I only have the Sega Genesis fighting game? I do own MMPR: The Movie: The Game(damn good).

Anyway, I gotta go and check out Nindies in a bit. I think it already showed(no details please).
The MMPR games by Natsume are among the best, since they also did a few Super Sentai games on the side. Agreed on RPM, too.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Do let us know what you think. I'm interested in hearing!

What definition of web 1.0 are we talking? I often think about that era as basically pre 2001. So something on the N64 or Game Boy Color for a time period.

Though I do with it was Golden Sun...
Yeah, I think of that era as 2000 or beforehand, specifically between 1995 - 2000.

D

Deleted member

What even is Web 1.0? does it refer to the beginning of the Internet around when it first came out? cause 1.0 can be used as referring to an update. Like 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 etc.

If so I think around 1995-2000 is web 1.0 and I have no idea what that could be, I hope it's a Super Mario RPG sequel or remake but it's probably not sadly it's not something as big as "Mario on Xbox"

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Didn't Gabe Newell recently hint towards a new Half-Life within the next five years or so? It may be likelier than you think.
I thought it was recently reported that it had been scrapped a while ago. While I think HL3 is an inevitability down the line, in the near future I don't expect it. Use of the IP, like for modern remakes or ports, that I find more likely given Valve's recent reactivation (and need to prove themselves given Artifact bombed).

If there's anything good that might come out of the Epic Games Store existing, it's that Valve might start putting out exclusives again to show what an actual exclusive is.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The games look pretty neat. Glad to see Cuphead on Switch. Nothing in particular looked much like I'd grab, though the strategy survival game sounds a bit interesting. There's a serious lack of strategy rpg's outside of FE these days. I miss Shining Force...

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
King Zell briefly came out of retirement to say that a big Nintendo/Microsoft project is on the way and a number of people have actually named the mysterious sequel that people were talking about a month ago but probably no one's going to throw it out there (I'm excited and apprehensive about it if it's true because fans have been begging for it for years.)
Maybe it's Halo coming to the Switch? That's about as mind-blowing as seeing Sonic making a debut in Smash. If it really does happen... Well, for the first time, Halo, arguably the best FPS series of all time, makes its way to another gaming console.

Despite me liking Halo more than Banjo-Kazooie, I would rather have Banjo-Threeie than Halo coming the Switch, but I can't wait to see what it is.
Web 1.0 to me ended around the time Facebook/Myspace and YouTube started picking up traction so I'd tack on a little less than a decade.
Okay, my guess is it could be Halo. Halo 3 came out in 2007 and had a big community that lasted until after 2010, and 2007-2010 is back when Halo was at its highest peak. YouTube started picking up during the late 2000s.
  • "From 2005 until early 2008, Myspace was the most visited social networking site in the world, attracting 75.9 million unique visitors a month at its 2008 peak."
About Facebook, it started picking up during the time of Halo 3 and Reach's days. Halo: Reach came out in 2010 and had a huge community until late 2012.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Maybe it's Halo coming to the Switch? That's about as mind-blowing as seeing Sonic making a debut in Smash. If it really does happen... Well, for the first time, Halo, arguably the best FPS series of all time, makes its way to another gaming console.

Despite me liking Halo more than Banjo-Kazooie, I would rather have Banjo-Threeie than Halo coming the Switch, but I can't wait to see what it is.

Okay, my guess is it could be Halo. Halo 3 came out in 2007 and had a big community that lasted until after 2010, and 2007-2010 is back when Halo was at its highest peak. YouTube started picking up during the late 2000s.
  • "From 2005 until early 2008, Myspace was the most visited social networking site in the world, attracting 75.9 million unique visitors a month at its 2008 peak."
About Facebook, it started picking up during the time of Halo 3 and Reach's days. Halo: Reach came out in 2010 and had a huge community until late 2012.

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice said that it wasn't a Microsoft/Nintendo project though, so I don't think it would be Halo. There's a few first party IPs that go dormant in that period that I think would make sense, but he also said it was third party, so I'm having trouble of thinking what fell out of favor back then that fans would be clamoring for.

Also, as much as I adore Halo, I don't see how they'd approach a Switch version of the Master Chief Collection. That game occupies most of the hard drive space of my Xbox One and we still don't use 32 GB cards with any amount of regularity. You'd basically have to release them all individually to make it work (Though all the Halo games worth playing would run on the Switch without much issue except for potentially Halo 2 Anniversay given the huge graphical update done for Xbox One).

Still, Halo on Switch would be an amazingly beautiful reality and make my Xbox One even more of a paperweight in the grand scheme of things...

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice said that it wasn't a Microsoft/Nintendo project though, so I don't think it would be Halo. There's a few first party IPs that go dormant in that period that I think would make sense, but he also said it was third party, so I'm having trouble of thinking what fell out of favor back then that fans would be clamoring for.

Also, as much as I adore Halo, I don't see how they'd approach a Switch version of the Master Chief Collection. That game occupies most of the hard drive space of my Xbox One and we still don't use 32 GB cards with any amount of regularity. You'd basically have to release them all individually to make it work (Though all the Halo games worth playing would run on the Switch without much issue except for potentially Halo 2 Anniversay given the huge graphical update done for Xbox One).

Still, Halo on Switch would be an amazingly beautiful reality and make my Xbox One even more of a paperweight in the grand scheme of things...
My apologies, I thought he said it was a Nintendo/Microsoft project. I can't read today.

And good point about MCC, but when I refer to Halo, I mean any Halo game. :)

ForsakenM

Smash Lord

Yeah, I think of that era as 2000 or beforehand, specifically between 1995 - 2000.
GIVE.
:mad088:
US.
SUPER.
MARIO.
R.
P.
G.

........OR WE RIOT!!!!!!! :drflip::drflip::drflip::drflip::drflip::drflip::drflip::drflip:

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Web 1.0 to me ended around the time Facebook/Myspace and YouTube started picking up traction so I'd tack on a little less than a decade.
Not Banjo and the third party in this case isn't Microsoft/Rare. I have no clue what the supposed Nintendo/Microsoft project is but some people are hard leaning on Halo for whatever reason because no one has said if that's just speculation or based on things they've actually heard.
There are many things it could be. But I think we're dealing with something that could be beautiful though. :3

MattX20

Smash Hero
Well, I know a lot of people are hoping for Megaman Legends 3, and that series at least by your description hasn't been popular since Web 1.0

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Any game that got cancelled being revived is great. It would appear that only awesome games get cancelled.

SkeffVEVO

Smash Apprentice
In my opinion I think this rumored game is Viewtiful Joe 3. Polarpanda was saying that this game does exist and the last we saw of Viewtiful Joe was in 2004 which fits this timeframe, and Viewtiful Joe has been a series fans have been begging Capcom for a new instalment for. This also fits Capcom's recent "we need to continue all of our series" mindset they have had recently.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Any game that got cancelled being revived is great. It would appear that only awesome games get cancelled.
Well, not always, some games are best left idle (whether they're okay at best or disposable).

Also, it depends on how much progress was made, obviously.

In my opinion I think this rumored game is Viewtiful Joe 3. Polarpanda was saying that this game does exist and the last we saw of Viewtiful Joe was in 2004 which fits this timeframe, and Viewtiful Joe has been a series fans have been begging Capcom for a new instalment for. This also fits Capcom's recent "we need to continue all of our series" mindset they have had recently.
Don't play with my feelings like this, I don't think I'll ever know the secret behind the Black Film.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Well, not always, some games are best left idle (whether they're okay at best or disposable).

Also, it depends on how much progress was made, obviously.

Don't play with my feelings like this, I don't think I'll ever know the secret behind the Black Film.
Of course, I was half joking. Really, canned games sound awesome because we project all our best wishes of what could have been on them. Maybe Mega Man Legends 3 would have sucked. Or maybe Silent Hills had only one good idea. Or maybe Scalebound would have been terrible. But they could also have been awesome, and it's those awesome mental versions that we mourn.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Huh. Who knew that Quest 64 II was an awesome game. :p

Though I wonder if Sonic X-Treme could've been good.

I'd like to actually see the original version of Sticker Star, if only due to the unique partners.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Of course, I was half joking. Really, canned games sound awesome because we project all our best wishes of what could have been on them. Maybe Mega Man Legends 3 would have sucked. Or maybe Silent Hills had only one good idea. Or maybe Scalebound would have been terrible. But they could also have been awesome, and it's those awesome mental versions that we mourn.
At least Star Fox 2 turned out as good as some pictured it, if antiquated. :ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf:

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I'm calling SA3 or MML3. Maybe Chrono 3 or (please) KOTOR 3? Probs wishful thinking on the last one tho.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I'm hoping for the sake of all those disappointed fans out there that this mystery sequel game is actually a revival for Mega Man Legends 3. Granted, that game'll probably never see the light of day again due to how *ahem* out of touch Capcom can be, but wouldn't it be awesome to see the unfinished story finally come to an end?

Last edited:

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Also, in terms of music, gimme It Doesn't Matter, Believe In Myself, Throw It all Away, Supporting Me, I Am All Of Me, all Hail Shadow, and His World. also gimme shovel Knight: Specter of Torment's whole soundtrack.

D

Deleted member

I hope we get Smash info in April so we can know for sure if we get Erdrick or we get a miracle and Geno happens. I really hope for the Second but I'm still expecting Erdrick, if we don't get Erdrick though I think we'll get Geno.

I just hope Geno happens and there still are somethings in his favor that Erdrick doesn't have but we'll just have to wait and see. Fingers crossed though.

Looma

Smash Journeyman
Dark Samus's theme. There's literally no good reason for it to be absent in this installment.

Also more Sonic CD would be nice. I desperately want Tidal Tempest (Present), Quartz Quadrant (Bad Future), and Metallic Madness (Bad Future)

Also Rusty Ruin from 3D Blast on the Saturn.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
What's up guys? I haven't been very active here because I've been off discussing other characters, but I plan on coming here more often.

I hope we get Smash info in April so we can know for sure if we get Erdrick or we get a miracle and Geno happens. I really hope for the Second but I'm still expecting Erdrick, if we don't get Erdrick though I think we'll get Geno.

I just hope Geno happens and there still are somethings in his favor that Erdrick doesn't have but we'll just have to wait and see. Fingers crossed though.
I am hoping that Nintendo pulls through with Geno. It's hard to tell if he has a great chance, but I believe the possibility is there!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom