• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
I don't think anyone should believe the large 5ch leak as if one person would know all the characters. I think it makes more sense to keep it open for at least the last 3 characters which we have nothing to go with. Of course, anyone can hope for any character, but at the end of the day it's not 'grim' even with certain ones, there's fans of any one, especially if it's in smash then there's usually a lot of fans unless it's a joke character.
Going by what we've heard so far, steve is the biggest contender for one of those character slots, so it's two we have nothing to go on. As far as grim prognostics, I mean it by two definitions, one is for geno's chances and the second is for my own personal outlook on the DLC roster so far. I'm fully prepared to be disappointed by the remaining two as well.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Just the stats from my understanding and something about Determination meaning Brave which is kinda iffy in my opinion.

Wouldn’t mind Frisk though. They’d come with some good tunes.
Heck yeah he would. Well, if it turns out the rumors of Nintendo helping fund Deltarune are true, things could get interesting.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Going by what we've heard so far, steve is the biggest contender for one of those character slots, so it's two we have nothing to go on. As far as grim prognostics, I mean it by two definitions, one is for geno's chances and the second is for my own personal outlook on the DLC roster so far. I'm fully prepared to be disappointed by the remaining two as well.
That sounds like a sad outlook. Well, I'm prepared that there could be some characters I dont like that much, but I wouldn't be grim because smash is still awesome and im sure some of those character will be very fun. Not that I'm fully satisfied or anything, but the game is already way better than any before, including with characters.

It's possible to support characters you like without needing them to be in the game right away. But i know sometimes that's hard when you're looking for something. I know Ovaltine Ovaltine is at least trying to find constructive ways to use her energies :)

Personally I'm prepared that I may not buy 1 or 2 characters, at the end of the cycle. Honestly tho i'll probably end up getting them all even if steve or someone else shows up. I still doubt steve tho. We heard there'd be minecraft content, and that's about it, and maybe there was a misunderstanding there too.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Going back to Reggie for a second, there's something I noticed that just makes me prouder of his overall presidency.

Back at E3 2004 when he made his first public appearance, everyone was doubting Nintendo. When he stepped on the stage and did his whole "My name is Reggie" bit, he basically told the crowd (paraphrasing here) "Nintendo really does not care what Microsoft or Sony is doing. We want to make games for everyone, it will always be that way, and we don't care if that puts us behind our competition". He was able to get the unsure audience members on board with the new Gamecube games and also the DS. Now, as he leaves about 15 years after E3 2004, people aren't seeing Nintendo as kiddie anymore. In fact, there's just more respect for the company than anything. Microsoft and Nintendo are working together, Squeenix and Nintendo are working together. Of course Reggie didn't cause this entire change himself, but he definitely kickstarted it way back when by telling the gaming world "we're not changing for anyone".
It's funny, all these companies who focus on graphics or story or worse, and Nintendo is still here as the king of home console gaming. Why? Because they focus on games being fun more than anything else.too many companies have lost site of what it means to make a video game, but Nintendo?

I doubt they ever will, and if they do, they are no longer Nintendo.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
It's funny, all these companies who focus on graphics or story or worse, and Nintendo is still here as the king of home console gaming. Why? Because they focus on games being fun more than anything else.too many companies have lost site of what it means to make a video game, but Nintendo?

I doubt they ever will, and if they do, they are no longer Nintendo.
I agree, I doubt Nintendo will ever change their stance on gaming. At E3 2012, remember when Iwata was in that room with the Japanese characters behind him? (Also where he was holding the bananas lol). Iwata said that the phrase, translated in English, means "creating something unique" and it has been guiding the company ever since its founding in the late 1800s.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
People say these things all the time when they arent satisfied. The wii was incredibly gimmicky and a lot of games sucked even if it was a hit with familes. At first and a lot of people thought they lost their way, and then with the wii u a lot of people thought they ****ed up. Now they've redeemed themselves with the swtich.

Just wait and see, and SE will probably find a way to redeem themselves, not that they've really done bad, their games are still big hits. Anyway, i dont see the point of complaining about all this stuff.

Dynamic Worlok

That sounds like a sad outlook. Well, I'm prepared that there could be some characters I dont like that much, but I wouldn't be grim because smash is still awesome and im sure some of those character will be very fun. Not that I'm fully satisfied or anything, but the game is already way better than any before, including with characters.

It's possible to support characters you like without needing them to be in the game right away. But i know sometimes that's hard when you're looking for something. I know Ovaltine Ovaltine is at least trying to find constructive ways to use her energies :)

Personally I'm prepared that I may not buy 1 or 2 characters, at the end of the cycle. Honestly tho i'll probably end up getting them all even if steve or someone else shows up. I still doubt steve tho. We heard there'd be minecraft content, and that's about it, and maybe there was a misunderstanding there too.
I wish I shared your optimism, for me all of the characters we've seen either heavily predicted or revealed are ones that I'm either indifferent towards or flat out don't like. I don't really have any expectations for the DLC characters, but I'd at least like for them to be characters I like. I'm perfectly happy about the base game, and the DLC isn't going to ruin smash bros for me, but I feel like my disappointment is valid considering how much fan demand there was behind isaac, who we later found out had no chance of playable inclusion regardless of popularity, it does not give me high hopes for other characters I like that come from similarly left behind series'. All in all, this speculation cycle has left me somewhat jaded. Best I can hope for at this point is a second run of DLC and the opportunity to re-purchase a mii costume.

On what account?
Hitagi and Xenoether outright stating steve, and Verg's prediction of minecraft content. I know we're taking Verg with a bigger grain of salt now, but I don't think we can disregard him outright. Though I've been out of the loop for a minute, so details might have changed in my absence.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Just wait and see, and SE will probably find a way to redeem themselves, not that they've really done bad, their games are still big hits. Anyway, i dont see the point of complaining about all this stuff.
They haven't really done quite good enough to shake off the stigma people have at them wasting an entire console generation on the XIII trilogy, which also ended up taking resources from other products.

FF XV has had its fair share of problems too, which is frustrating for a game that long in the making. And then there's KH3 oh boy.

Square still have that notable issue with poor planning and they rightfully see bleach for it.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I wish I shared your optimism, for me all of the characters we've seen either heavily predicted or revealed are ones that I'm either indifferent towards or flat out don't like. I don't really have any expectations for the DLC characters, but I'd at least like for them to be characters I like. I'm perfectly happy about the base game, and the DLC isn't going to ruin smash bros for me, but I feel like my disappointment is valid considering how much fan demand there was behind isaac, who we later found out had no chance of playable inclusion regardless of popularity, it does not give me high hopes for other characters I like that come from similarly left behind series'. All in all, this speculation cycle has left me somewhat jaded. Best I can hope for at this point is a second run of DLC and the opportunity to re-purchase a mii costume.
I get it to some degree. I felt like that sometimes. It's just that at the end of the day the game is going to get what it is, and there's lots to enjoy in it as a gamer in general. There's still stuff I'm really hoping for myself as well tho. But im going to try not wasting my energy with what i didn't get. (as much as i can help it)

They haven't really done quite good enough to shake off the stigma people have at them wasting an entire console generation on the XIII trilogy, which also ended up taking resources from other products.

FF XV has had its fair share of problems too, which is frustrating for a game that long in the making. And then there's KH3 oh boy.

Square still have that notable issue with poor planning and they rightfully see bleach for it.
Well, there's still plenty of people who liked ff13, but I agree that it would've been better to go into new stuff, at least not 3 iterations like they did. I haven't looked into KH3, I thought a lot of people liked it. But this is still looking at the flaws when the games still did good. FF15 had a lot of promise, they just ****ed up on a few things. I'm much more disappointed in the sonic series with where they went after adventure 2. At least SE has much more quality. They probably put a lot into the MMOs too, tho i havent played those. Anyway. hopefully they learn from the mistakes and it gets a lot better.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Hitagi and Xenoether outright stating steve, and Verg's prediction of minecraft content. I know we're taking Verg with a bigger grain of salt now, but I don't think we can disregard him outright. Though I've been out of the loop for a minute, so details might have changed in my absence.
Oh boy. You don't know the half of it. Hitagi has pretty much been ousted after the Katalina rumor went bust. And even further, by Joker after Hitagi said there'd be no Atlus representation. Let me put this into perspective: Hitagi hasn't even been mentioned for ages.

Xenother hasn't gotten a single thing right. In fact, he's actively gotten some things wrong like suggesting we'd get a direct in January, well off the mark.

Heck, even Verge himself has backtracked Minecraft claims to not even certainty being Steve. At most, "content" and a boss.

What's more, the matter of Minecraft has been vocally doubted by actual renowned insiders, such as Ryce, and the talk of the Minecraft in Smash play test rumors as early as last August have been scrutinized to most be bunk.

Basically, Minecraft while possible, doesn't exactly have Steve looking as likely as he did way back, months ago.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I get it to some degree. I felt like that sometimes. It's just that at the end of the day the game is going to get what it is, and there's lots to enjoy in it as a gamer in general. There's still stuff I'm really hoping for myself as well tho. But im going to try not wasting my energy with what i didn't get. (as much as i can help it)

Well, there's still plenty of people who liked ff13, but I agree that it would've been better to go into new stuff, at least not 3 iterations like they did. I haven't looked into KH3, I thought a lot of people liked it. But this is still looking at the flaws when the games still did good. FF15 had a lot of promise, they just ****ed up on a few things. I'm much more disappointed in the sonic series with where they went after adventure 2. At least SE has much more quality. They probably put a lot into the MMOs too, tho i havent played those. Anyway. hopefully they learn from the mistakes and it gets a lot better.
We live in a world where terrible content makes tons of money because people are basic and have lowered their standards because the newer generation is used to less and less and worse and worse content being the norm. You cannot tell me we aren't there, because we are.

Aquaman is not a good movie, yet it made more money than Dark Knight. Jurassic World and JW: Fallen Kingdom are not good movies, yet look hom much money they made. Fallout 76 is a horrible game, yet people still support and play it and try to argue against factual claims. KH3 is a major disappointment of a game and people love it and think it has little problems with it, but the fact remains that KH3 had tons of flaws and most of them are inexcusable for a game that was supposedly in development for 13-14 years.

Dynamic Worlok

I mean, at the end of the day, as doom and gloom as I make it seem, it's a mild inconvenience for me. But I like to let my displeasure be known if for no other reason than a company finds little to change in the face of apathy, so I make noise where possible. Sometimes wasting energy is necessary in order to get the things you want.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Hitagi and Xenother have sketchy credibility at best, and I wouldn't look at them as reliable sources at all. Verge's prediction of Minecraft content came from the whole 'Steve being in play-testing' debacle, that rumor of which was already long proven false. On top of Sakurai hinting towards Steve possibly being an assist trophy, it looks pretty bad for Steve's inclusion as a playable fighter.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
We live in a world where terrible content makes tons of money because people are basic and have lowered their standards because the newer generation is used to less and less and worse and worse content being the norm. You cannot tell me we aren't there, because we are.

Aquaman is not a good movie, yet it made more money than Dark Knight. Jurassic World and JW: Fallen Kingdom are not good movies, yet look hom much money they made. Fallout 76 is a horrible game, yet people still support and play it and try to argue against factual claims. KH3 is a major disappointment of a game and people love it and think it has little problems with it, but the fact remains that KH3 had tons of flaws and most of them are inexcusable for a game that was supposedly in development for 13-14 years.
Oof. I dont know where you're coming from, that's very judgmental. I've had trouble enjoying certain movies that others do, but I dont go thinking that it's all about them and not me or my tastes.

I mean, at the end of the day, as doom and gloom as I make it seem, it's a mild inconvenience for me. But I like to let my displeasure be known if for no other reason than a company finds little to change in the face of apathy, so I make noise where possible. Sometimes wasting energy is necessary in order to get the things you want.
Of course it's good to voice how you feel about things. Just watch out for painting things in a negative light when it can be appreciated too. I think that covers what I'd say in general.

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Of course it's fine to voice how you feel about things. Just watch out for painting things in a negative light when it can be appreciated too. I think that covers what I'd say in general.
Anything that can be painted negatively can be appreciated by someone. Just look at Final Fantasy XIII. That's the funny thing about subjectivity. I could argue that extreme sexy hiking is a good game and not be wrong because that's my subjective opinion.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Anything that can be painted negatively can be appreciated by someone. Just look at Final Fantasy XIII. That's the funny thing about subjectivity. I could argue that extreme sexy hiking is a good game and not be wrong because that's my subjective opinion.
Hey, Sexy Hiking is an objectively perfect game and you know it. :mad088:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Sure. There's a difference between saying a game is bad, and a game is not to my liking. One is a claim, the other is truer to being personal.
Anyway, looking at sales and review numbers is a good indicator for something in a more public sense. The FF games before 11 were great games. FF13 still got over 80% and i consider that a good game. FF12 got over 90% which makes it a great game, even if some fans werent a fan of it changing the norm.

For me I actually happen to feel pretty much around those numbers. I like FF13 but there's stuff about it that doesnt make me like it as much as others in the franchise. I am different when it comes to movies tho, there's lots of movies I think are really not good but they might have a big score. I chalk it up as people not being as tired of the tropes I've found to be overused and not really creative about it. I value creativity, so that might be why I like the new directions they try. And there's reasons I dont like FF15 but they're different than other people.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Well, considering Activision and EA's latest strings of sales busts and consistent stock decreases, it's good to see that gamers are putting their feet down finally.

Last edited:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Oh boy. You don't know the half of it. Hitagi has pretty much been ousted after the Katalina rumor went bust. And even further, by Joker after Hitagi said there'd be no Atlus representation. Let me put this into perspective: Hitagi hasn't even been mentioned for ages.

Xenother hasn't gotten a single thing right. In fact, he's actively gotten some things wrong like suggesting we'd get a direct in January, well off the mark.

Heck, even Verge himself has backtracked Minecraft claims to not even certainty being Steve. At most, "content" and a boss.

What's more, the matter of Minecraft has been vocally doubted by actual renowned insiders, such as Ryce, and the talk of the Minecraft in Smash play test rumors as early as last August have been scrutinized to most be bunk.

Basically, Minecraft while possible, doesn't exactly have Steve looking as likely as he did way back, months ago.
Now it just seems like all the stuff they said is false and possibly leading to leakbait. Verge can make a comeback if he gets something right again, but he probably won't be taken as trustworthy as the time he got Incineroar right.

Dynamic Worlok

Sure. There's a difference between saying a game is bad, and a game is not to my liking. One is a claim, the other is truer to being personal.
There's not so much difference as you might think. Most often a game is not to someone's liking because they think it's bad, and regardless of the subjective nature of it all they have every right to think so. Personally, I would not argue that 13, for instance is simply not to my liking, but fundamentally flawed as a game, right down to the story and characters. I would also argue that it is the prettiest hallway sim I've ever seen. That's not to say that people can't like and enjoy it, however.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Hitagi and Xenother have sketchy credibility at best, and I wouldn't look at them as reliable sources at all. Verge's prediction of Minecraft content came from the whole 'Steve being in play-testing' debacle, that rumor of which was already long proven false. On top of Sakurai hinting towards Steve possibly being an assist trophy, it looks pretty bad for Steve's inclusion as a playable fighter.
When did he hint at him being an assist trophy?

I thought those guys from a Japanese Minecraft channel just met with Sakurai about Smash Bros. stuff, not in relation to Minecraft?

I'm pretty sure he just showed them stuff while being interviewed.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
When did he hint at him being an assist trophy?

I thought those guys from a Japanese Minecraft channel just met with Sakurai about Smash Bros. stuff, not in relation to Minecraft?

I'm pretty sure he just showed them stuff while being interviewed.
Oh, see, I thought the figure was a Steve figure, but it turns out it wasn't. Telephone game messed with my head again. That means it isn't for or against Steve's chances. It's just there.

I still have a lot of reason to think Steve isn't going to be in, though, at least not as playable.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
There's not so much difference as you might think. Most often a game is not to someone's liking because they think it's bad, and regardless of the subjective nature of it all they have every right to think so. Personally, I would not argue that 13, for instance is simply not to my liking, but fundamentally flawed as a game, right down to the story and characters. I would also argue that it is the prettiest hallway sim I've ever seen. That's not to say that people can't like and enjoy it, however.
And you're free to have those opinions. It doesn't mean there aren't much better ways to think about it.
I'm sure there's more we could talk about, but i gotta go for now. maybe another time.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Oof. I dont know where you're coming from, that's very judgmental. I've had trouble enjoying certain movies that others do, but I dont go thinking that it's all about them and not me or my tastes.
I'm not sure if you know, but reviews can be entirely objective. Most opinions are based on how that individual feelings about something, but there is such a thing that exists as a list of requirements for your product to be good. That is objective, in the sense that everyone agrees that these certain 'subjective' things are universally important.

For example, when you are telling a story in any form of media, writing needs to be good. Characters need to be established with room to grow, setting and world rules need to be set in stone and rarely altered, the driving forces of the story and general narrative brought to light...things like this. In other forms of media like movies and video games, characters need to have lines delivered in an acceptable manner to maintain immersion, and dialogue needs to be fluid and natural. Pacing is also very important, not to drag on and lose your audience or to rush by too fast and skip out on important moments.

For video games specifically, one of the few forms of interactive media, the gameplay needs to feel solid and what they player does needs to have a viable impact somehow. Depending on the genre of media (action movies vs horror films, RPGs vs side-scrolling platformer) certain other criteria are established for your product to meet being just acceptable, and being good or amazing requires you to truly understand these criteria and your audience and deliver something they feel like was more than worth what they invested.

The problem with current media (namely Hollywood, but also companies like EA, Activision, Blizzard, and now Bethesda and Bioware, and in my study RoosterTeeth) is that they sink money and time into getting big names involved and making their product a spectacle to behold to the eyes...but once you look past the glorious visual splendor and the robust fanfare, you find out that the product is mostly hollow and offers little else. People complain about 'turning your brain off' because they hate people who break down and ruin games or film, but there was once a time where games and film did not require you to mentally check out to enjoy them.

We still have games that are good, like God of War, Spiderman, RedDead2, Smash Ultimate, Odyssey, etc. However I have to say that Hollywood really lacks good movies.

Not only are they trying to constantly reboot things to get money off nostalgia and only end up ruining it, but they can rarely create something original that ends up being any good as so much is spend in making it a visual splendor to sell tickets rather than adding substance behind it. Add it how they have been trying to force narratives and politics into movies where they do not belong and the creators of this content mock the people paying to see the movie and refuse to take responsibility for their failing films (regardless of your personal beliefs, you cannot die this is happening, it is fact) and you can see why movies are taking big hits in terms of box-office numbers.

Video games still have more good products coming out, but they are also facing these issues of creators not putting effort behind the spectacle and arguing with fans, though right now it isn't as common as it is in Hollywood. It's just a simple fact that they are trying to make more money with less effort, as that's basic business, but now it's gone too far and we can't even get decent products the majority of the time. Why do you think the indie market even exists? Because AAA companies have failed to deliver and those closer to the consumer and the fans hear that and struggle to produce something, and we often times end up loving that. You'll find smaller groups or companies are being supported more and more because they answer the call and put in the effort that the big boys refuse to do.

I could go on, but I'll end this with this is one of the reasons I want to create things. I know what it takes to make quality stories, yet I don't have the means to provide for myself while journeying into the unknown futures of an artist. I dream of being an author, but my second dream now is making a social media platform that actually supports creators and is built from the ground-up with them in mind.

EDIT: Small tidbit, there are many other things important with writing that I didn't mention here, but that's because I would be here forever and I'm already off-topic.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I could go on, but I'll end this with this is one of the reasons I want to create things. I know what it takes to make quality stories, yet I don't have the means to provide for myself while journeying into the unknown futures of an artist. I dream of being an author, but my second dream now is making a social media platform that actually supports creators and is built from the ground-up with them in mind.

EDIT: Small tidbit, there are many other things important with writing that I didn't mention here, but that's because I would be here forever and I'm already off-topic.
Can attest that, yeah, if we were to go on about the many facets of what makes a good story and therefore, a more attractive video game because of its draw, we'd be here forever. I write and I create art, both to a point that I've honestly considered making a career out of it (but definitely won't). It's so full of different factors, caveats, nuances, and considerations that it'd take forever to go over it all.

That said, this is interesting. Very interesting. If you're ever willing to create something SMRPG-related, hit me up. Collaboration to make something great is always fun! (Not to mention, I do have a project that I'm slowly pecking at...)

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I'm not sure if you know, but reviews can be entirely objective. Most opinions are based on how that individual feelings about something, but there is such a thing that exists as a list of requirements for your product to be good. That is objective, in the sense that everyone agrees that these certain 'subjective' things are universally important.

For example, when you are telling a story in any form of media, writing needs to be good. Characters need to be established with room to grow, setting and world rules need to be set in stone and rarely altered, the driving forces of the story and general narrative brought to light...things like this. In other forms of media like movies and video games, characters need to have lines delivered in an acceptable manner to maintain immersion, and dialogue needs to be fluid and natural. Pacing is also very important, not to drag on and lose your audience or to rush by too fast and skip out on important moments.

For video games specifically, one of the few forms of interactive media, the gameplay needs to feel solid and what they player does needs to have a viable impact somehow. Depending on the genre of media (action movies vs horror films, RPGs vs side-scrolling platformer) certain other criteria are established for your product to meet being just acceptable, and being good or amazing requires you to truly understand these criteria and your audience and deliver something they feel like was more than worth what they invested.

The problem with current media (namely Hollywood, but also companies like EA, Activision, Blizzard, and now Bethesda and Bioware, and in my study RoosterTeeth) is that they sink money and time into getting big names involved and making their product a spectacle to behold to the eyes...but once you look past the glorious visual splendor and the robust fanfare, you find out that the product is mostly hollow and offers little else. People complain about 'turning your brain off' because they hate people who break down and ruin games or film, but there was once a time where games and film did not require you to mentally check out to enjoy them.

We still have games that are good, like God of War, Spiderman, RedDead2, Smash Ultimate, Odyssey, etc. However I have to say that Hollywood really lacks good movies.

Not only are they trying to constantly reboot things to get money off nostalgia and only end up ruining it, but they can rarely create something original that ends up being any good as so much is spend in making it a visual splendor to sell tickets rather than adding substance behind it. Add it how they have been trying to force narratives and politics into movies where they do not belong and the creators of this content mock the people paying to see the movie and refuse to take responsibility for their failing films (regardless of your personal beliefs, you cannot die this is happening, it is fact) and you can see why movies are taking big hits in terms of box-office numbers.

Video games still have more good products coming out, but they are also facing these issues of creators not putting effort behind the spectacle and arguing with fans, though right now it isn't as common as it is in Hollywood. It's just a simple fact that they are trying to make more money with less effort, as that's basic business, but now it's gone too far and we can't even get decent products the majority of the time. Why do you think the indie market even exists? Because AAA companies have failed to deliver and those closer to the consumer and the fans hear that and struggle to produce something, and we often times end up loving that. You'll find smaller groups or companies are being supported more and more because they answer the call and put in the effort that the big boys refuse to do.

I disagree on a few things, but I understand what you are trying to say.

That Roosterteeth bit being one of those things, but this is nether the time or place.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I disagree on a few things, but I understand what you are trying to say.

That Roosterteeth bit being one of those things, but this is nether the time or place.
Just so you know, when I was referring to RT there, it actually honestly had nothing to do with the recent controversy around them. Fortunately that is turning out to be exactly how it should, thank goodness.

It was legit just about how their content has been lacking and how certain creators there have shown that they do not have the skills required to produce better content.

You are right though, this is more DM/new thread stuff. Just clarifying somewhat here.

Last edited:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace

I agree with this! A good game takes great story development, character development, a fun genre, and most importantly the soundtrack! When Bungie was making Halo 2 and 3, they didn't care if the graphics looked bad, decent, or amazing, all they cared about was if it was fun enough for their consumers to buy, which is what gaming companies should be doing and focusing on, not how "pretty" it needs to be. I like how Nintendo's been doing this for decades now; not once have they failed to disappoint me with their games.

Off-topic: I don't think I've seen a good Hollywood movie in years, depending on my taste of films. New York City movies are arguably my favorite, but I haven't seen a good movie involving NYC since Spider-Man 2 or 3. (Please don't hate me for my opinion on this.)

While I do agree that games still have good products coming out, from my perspective, I don't think they're as good as games from back then. In my opinion, a lot of games today don't have that same spirit like they did all those years ago. Times were simpler, correct, but two games were able to make myself feel like a kid again and had the same spirit of games like many years ago: Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey, and they felt like I was playing it in 2007, a time where games were still simpler and had lots of spirit. There are many times where I literally go back to playing my old Nintendo games during my favorite month of the year to feel like a kid again, and that month is June, but I call it my month of nostalgia.

After owning or at least playing every game from a different company, I have to say that Nintendo always and still makes their games right and full of fun. Nintendo's literally been here longer than Sony and Microsoft, starting as a card company, now formed as one of the biggest gaming companies the world has ever seen. I really do miss those games from the '90s and early-late 2000s... the last great game that came out of that decade for me was definitely Halo Reach, and it's sad that we will never get a good Halo game ever again since Bungie left and Microsoft milks the **** out of it now.

If there's an "enemy" that's involved with the video game industry, it's called a microtransaction; this absolutely ruins a game and takes the fun out of it. Halo went from being a work-to-win series to a pay-to-win series, and I am absolutely ashamed of it and that's why I'll never play the newer Halos ever again. I am so happy Nintendo doesn't do this, and no, their DLC shouldn't count as microtransactions because their games aren't pay-to-win, it's work-to-win and having fun. For Smash's DLC, I don't count DLC as a microtransaction because you can use ANY character from the base roster to win a match; Smash's DLC is optional and isn't required to win a match or the game, and it's here for having fun.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom