• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Since we're talking about how we read people's voices based on their profile pic...

Mr. Stagg Mr. Stagg Whenever I'm reading through the Banjo thread, I'm always reading your posts in Mama Luigi's voice lmao
Why thank you! I've been rocking Mama Luigi for well over 15 years as my Steam profile. Also, chalk me up for supporting the Starlight puppet. Geno fans get dumpstered almost everywhere and that is a crime in itself. Y'all have been nice to us Banjobros so I'm showing support here.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Why thank you! I've been rocking Mama Luigi for well over 15 years as my Steam profile. Also, chalk me up for supporting the Starlight puppet. Geno fans get dumpstered almost everywhere and that is a crime in itself. Y'all have been nice to us Banjobros so I'm showing support here.
I'm glad I read "as my steam profile" otherwise out of context that would've been hilarious, lmao. Banjobros and Genobros really deserve better treatment. If Isaacbros aren't giving up, neither should we!

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
I'm glad I read "as my steam profile" otherwise out of context that would've been hilarious, lmao. Banjobros and Genobros really deserve better treatment. If Isaacbros aren't giving up, neither should we!
You guys can count us Nintenbros in too!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Remember that Minecraft used to be owned by Mojang, it wasn't an original created by Microsoft. Microsoft originals that would represent their company very well would be someone from Halo, Fable, or even Gears of War; these three are all Xbox/Microsoft exclusive games, not on every console like Minecraft is. Minecraft would mostly represent the PC genre since it originated on desktop.

I'm sorry if this hurts you for me to say, but a Mii costume would represent it just fine. The first original Microsoft rep I'd see is Master Chief.
When you see something Halo related, you see Xbox; when you see something Minecraft related, you see a desktop.

The most likely Microsoft rep seems like it's Banjo or Master Chief because Banjo was a Nintendo original and would represent the Nintendo and Rare days, basically back in the '90s when Banjo-Kazooie was a hit N64 game and also had a successful sequel. Master Chief is literally the face of Xbox, he's literally the "Mario" of Microsoft and Xbox, but the problem is Halo has NEVER been on a Nintendo console, however, it was ALMOST a DS game. Sure, characters that have never been on a Nintendo console can't get it is probably just a fan-made rule, but I'm sure Sakurai and Nintendo would choose someone that's at least appeared in some shape or form on one of their consoles. Cloud has already appeared on at least a Nintendo console and same with Joker. Sakurai has at least considered Banjo to be playable in Melee, but not once has he confirmed or announced that Steve was in consideration, and he's had plenty of time to consider Steve because MC has been here for almost 10 years now.

Someone in here mentioned that Phil Spencer and Nintendo were secretly working on something, and that could be a Banjo-Kazooie remake or a new game coming to E3. While I like Banjo and the Master Chief equally, I think Banjo would be best for a Microsoft rep because he was once a Nintendo legend and a hit on the N64, and I believe Banjo would be up for consideration again if something like a remake or Banjo-Threeie is going down.
I wasn't talking about representing Microsoft, I was talking about representing Minecraft, as that is what was brought up.

A mii costume would be worse than a playable character like Steve or a Creeper, because at least they could portray some stuff from the game, while all a Mii can do is cosplay. A character would be good representation, as well as any Minecraft-themed stuff in a Stage Builder.

I also think the whole character vs character war thing in favor of a company rep is dumb; they don't choose a character based solely on the company, they choose a character based on who they want/who they think would be a good choice/who's popular. We could get both Banjo-Kazooie and Steve/a Creeper if they wanted to do that...which is also something I'd love 'cause I can get both in one game.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Over in the Square Seven thread, Polar said StarFox Grand Prix was never a thing. I'm surprised no one is talking about it in here.

And as far as pfps go, yes, I speak in incoherent rambles...

D

Deleted member

MFW reading what happened last night

Seriously people shouldn't go at each other's throats like that. We're better than that and going off on Fatman like that isn't cool but it's done with, let's change the subject.

Geno and Isaac deserved better than what happened during the Speculation Cycle especially since they both seemed super likely with Isaac hints scattered everywhere and both K. Rool and Ridley finally getting in both had things going for them.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Didn’t Super Mario RPG had a “lucky” gimmick for the combat?
I have Aspergers and ADHD, so I agree with this statement wholeheartedly.
Hard disagree. Dragon Quest is honestly the more interesting and overall significant series to represent in Smash the more I look at it. Plus I want all the big NES third party IPs to be there alongside the Nintendo characters and Dragon Quest/Ninja Gaiden are the final big two I can really think about.

Also, my problem with people bringing up leakbait is that it’s a conversational dead end. Until we can get a confirmation of such a thing (like we did with the Star Fox Grand Prix and Polar’s Comments), it’s just a “I think this character is” vs whatever the other side says. And all characters are reasonable to use as leakbait so nobody gets to be wrong or right, and the conversations always stall at that with more personal biases coming into play at that point.

Sora, Erdrick, and Geno are all Prime leakbait if Sakurai and Nintendo are doing leakbait, which we really don’t know if they’re doing it with Smash or not, and may never know.

I don’t know, it just always feels like such a dead end that I don’t personally enjoy taking about it.
would be cool = Geno, Crono, Sephiroth

Indifferent = Dragon Quest characters

Don't want = Sora

never played Kingdom Hearts, and don't really care for Sora's original design and always found it goofy (pun pretty much intended), and am not sure they'd go for his nicer KH3 design, so Sora would interest me the least TBH.
Honestly I only care about Geno but I also love KH despite how lackluster KH3 is as an experience. That said, Geno means more to me than Sora does since Sora is rather generic as a character, but KH has some of the most fun gameplay and this is why I know Sora would be an amazing unique character that would be loads of fun to play.

Other than that we need the leader of the Ganbare Gang.

I had a huge response to the debacle last night, but honestly it was a bit harsh, not that I'm bothered by that but now that the situation has defused (for now) I'll save it for a rainy day.

D

Deleted member

Honestly I only care about Geno but I also love KH despite how lackluster KH3 is as an experience. That said, Geno means more to me than Sora does since Sora is rather generic as a character, but KH has some of the most fun gameplay and this is why I know Sora would be an amazing unique character that would be loads of fun to play.

I had a huge response to the debacle last night, but honestly it was a bit harsh, not that I'm bothered by that but now that the situation has defused (for now) I'll save it for a rainy day.
Wait, what does my post have to do with Sora and Ganbare?

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Does anyone else think that the new Link's Awakening is pretty much Nintendo's way of saying the 3DS is dead? If it was being made a few years ago, it would've definitely came out on the 3DS and even the art style resembles a Link Between Worlds.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

Why do you have that Aspergers and ADHD quote from me in this post? I don't see the correlation.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Does anyone else think that the new Link's Awakening is pretty much Nintendo's way of saying the 3DS is dead? If it was being made a few years ago, it would've definitely came out on the 3DS and even the art style resembles a Link Between Worlds.
i mean, pokemon on switch was a pretty big indicator that the 3ds was pretty much dead.

kinda hope that means paper mario can take center stage as the mario rpg and be good again since m&l tended to be handheld games

D

Deleted member

It better because I was so sad when the BIS remake was on the 3DS.

Of course I didn't get it but a remake of SMRPG better be on the Switch

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Same with my question about the "lucky" mechanic in Mario RPG.
Oops, I forgot about my quotes. I went to bed and woke up since I made that so I most of forgot my others quotes, my bad.

I was going to respond to you to tell you that yes, it is indeed a mechanic: if you get a Lucky! in battle, you get a chance to win either more experience or more coins, but you also have the chance to either only get what you started with or to lose it all.

As for EarlTamm EarlTamm I was supposed to point out that I too have both Asperger's and ADHD, but to point out the differences between us.

As you well know those on the ASD often have one or two intense interests, though I feel like us with Asperger's tend to be much less narrow but just as intense (like instead of wheels on a car specifically or the sound of wheels on a car, we really like cars or vehicles as a whole but we can tell you just about anything about cars just like those who are higher on the ASD can be very knowledgeable about that one subject).

My big two are video games and general media. I used to be big into movies, but now I've kinda moved on and I enjoy anime and creator content a lot more, though if I started reading manga and books again you'd probably never see me on here again. However, whereas you guys have been listing that you hesitated to join social media platforms like forums, I've never had that issue: my issue was talking with people IRL.

See, when I was growing up I got into video games and computers early on, at like the ages of 4 and 5, and I've never looked back for the most part until I became an adult and realized how things kinda change when you have responsibilities (though I'm still bad at them). It was all I talked about and I was very knowledgeable but no one really cared and those who did I sometimes overwhelmed them. I never had many friends in school and most of them abandoned me as the years went by, so I stuck with what I knew: video games. When I discovered Naruto, the manga/anime that had the biggest impact on my life, I would always conjure up jutsu ideas or improving ones I had seen as I always have been the creative type but really not had any skills behind this creativity. This was when I found out about text roleplaying forums where you could create characters and interact with other characters written by someone else and have crazy interactions and build a story you really couldn't do anywhere else, and ever since then I've been big on social medias of all sorts (anyone remember Gaia Online? Tinier-Me? Jcink or Forumotion websites? MySpace? Yeah, had an emo profile there just like most teens around that time).

Since I could find a place online with people who shared my interests and I didn't have to worry about talking about other things or the nuances of face-to-face discussions, I hit it so hard I stopped doing homework or anything I really should have just because of how much I enjoyed it. So I can't truly relate to being anxious to join a forum despite having the same 'disabilities.' Now sure, I had to learn that I didn't need to do stupid stuff like fake who I was for attention or realize that trolling isn't something to take to heart, but once I broke through that I had an even better time.

Now take that and mix it with super-Christian parents who thought video games were bad for you and limited me to an hour a day on any form of interactive media as well as pushing me into fields of study I didn't care for and you can see the 'oof' everywhere. Not fun times, I assure you, but I was never really an angry person about anything unless I was losing at a game...well, once I grew up that is.

Quick question for you EarlTamm EarlTamm and Ovaltine Ovaltine and anyone else here who knows or believes that they are on the Spectrum (I say believes because it's a known fact that sometimes people self-diagnose and are usually wrong, like 'OMG I'm SO OCD, haha!' and the reason the WebMD memes exist): have you ever noticed that the claims of us being un-emotional really...don't seem to fit? They say that we are robots and don't relate or feel sympathy for others, but I've never known that to be true for myself. I always felt like I had too much emotion surging to the point that it was almost too much and didn't know what was appropriate to say or do, and combining not knowing what to do and often doing it wrong and being corrected due to a lack of proper social skills, I just didn't do anything...and thus I look like an uncaring robot when in reality I just didn't know how to properly approach the situation with the overwhelming emotions I had.

I found something that suggested this after interviewing people on the spectrum, if you guys are interested I'll see if I still have it (or if it even still exists).

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Oops, I forgot about my quotes. I went to bed and woke up since I made that so I most of forgot my others quotes, my bad."Quick question for you EarlTamm EarlTamm and Ovaltine Ovaltine and anyone else here who knows or believes that they are on the Spectrum (I say believes because it's a known fact that sometimes people self-diagnose and are usually wrong, like 'OMG I'm SO OCD, haha!' and the reason the WebMD memes exist): have you ever noticed that the claims of us being un-emotional really...don't seem to fit? They say that we are robots and don't relate or feel sympathy for others, but I've never known that to be true for myself. I always felt like I had too much emotion surging to the point that it was almost too much and didn't know what was appropriate to say or do, and combining not knowing what to do and often doing it wrong and being corrected due to a lack of proper social skills, I just didn't do anything...and thus I look like an uncaring robot when in reality I just didn't know how to properly approach the situation with the overwhelming emotions I had.

I found something that suggested this after interviewing people on the spectrum, if you guys are interested I'll see if I still have it (or if it even still exists).
It's strange because I've been told that I'm both overemotional and not emotional at all. Though I suppose it depends on the circumstances. If you get me excited about something I will NEVER shut up about it. Or if I fall down a rabbit hole I never stop digging till I hit the bottom. I guess what I'm saying is I have the tendency to get r e a l l y emotionally invested in interests. But when it comes to relationships? Crickets. Just crickets. I have zero clue how to relationship properly. So I agree that the emotionless aspect is dependent on circumstances. And I'm also quite shy and reserved when speaking with those I'm unfamiliar with though.

However if you let me loose in an Anime con I magically have the ability to talk to everyone. I also act like an overstimulated child at Disneyland there as well so... Maybe that excited child thing Goodgrief mentioned is more true than I once thought.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hi. So about last night. I know I was pretty heated, and I definitely dont think it's the best approach in general at all, and I would recommend to usually not go about it that way, but it's not wrong to be emotional, depending on how it's handled anyway. It was a good approach for me personally just because of where I'm at, and I knew there would be backlash because it's easy to take anger like aggression. Even though it's not the best approach, I shared what I wanted, in a burst, instead of stretching it out throughout more talks. And that's because I don't have it in me to deal with certain things I've seen around and may have come to feel strongly about, at least lately, for a few reasons.

Anyway, hopefully something got a cross, and if not that's ok, I can find solutions like visit this thread less for a while, or whatever works for me. It really is more about squeezing in the ways I think I can reach, because there's better ways overall. If I had more in me then I wouldved talked over a longer stretch of time and take that time for explaining more things around what I was trying to say, and why I think some things are important. So, with that, I hope that makes a little sense, and I may not have time to respond too much today, I'm already a bit late for some things. Hope you all have a good day and find how you like to go with your own things.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
It's strange because I've been told that I'm both overemotional and not emotional at all. Though I suppose it depends on the circumstances. If you get me excited about something I will NEVER shut up about it. Or if I fall down a rabbit hole I never stop digging till I hit the bottom. I guess what I'm saying is I have the tendency to get r e a l l y emotionally invested in interests. But when it comes to relationships? Crickets. Just crickets. I have zero clue how to relationship properly. So I agree that the emotionless aspect is dependent on circumstances. And I'm also quite shy and reserved when speaking with those I'm unfamiliar with though.

However if you let me loose in an Anime con I magically have the ability to talk to everyone. I also act like an overstimulated child at Disneyland there as well so... Maybe that excited child thing Goodgrief mentioned is more true than I once thought.
Minus that last line, yeah, this is 100% what I was going to say about my experience. The thing about Asperger's is it's not uncommon, I've heard, to become that grossly attached and invested in things... and god, does it ever apply to me in spades, to the point that it can be unhealthy if I don't put a lid on it. In terms of emotions, mine range from either not being emotional at all (and yes, I've gotten my fair share of remarks about it) to being FAR too emotional (same here). It's a wild-ass ride that I'd love nothing more than to get off of. I'd go into more detail, but I don't really divulge too much unless I'm super comfortable with a person, so a public forum ain't the place.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Oops, I forgot about my quotes. I went to bed and woke up since I made that so I most of forgot my others quotes, my bad.

I was going to respond to you to tell you that yes, it is indeed a mechanic: if you get a Lucky! in battle, you get a chance to win either more experience or more coins, but you also have the chance to either only get what you started with or to lose it all.

As for EarlTamm EarlTamm I was supposed to point out that I too have both Asperger's and ADHD, but to point out the differences between us.

As you well know those on the ASD often have one or two intense interests, though I feel like us with Asperger's tend to be much less narrow but just as intense (like instead of wheels on a car specifically or the sound of wheels on a car, we really like cars or vehicles as a whole but we can tell you just about anything about cars just like those who are higher on the ASD can be very knowledgeable about that one subject).

My big two are video games and general media. I used to be big into movies, but now I've kinda moved on and I enjoy anime and creator content a lot more, though if I started reading manga and books again you'd probably never see me on here again. However, whereas you guys have been listing that you hesitated to join social media platforms like forums, I've never had that issue: my issue was talking with people IRL.

See, when I was growing up I got into video games and computers early on, at like the ages of 4 and 5, and I've never looked back for the most part until I became an adult and realized how things kinda change when you have responsibilities (though I'm still bad at them). It was all I talked about and I was very knowledgeable but no one really cared and those who did I sometimes overwhelmed them. I never had many friends in school and most of them abandoned me as the years went by, so I stuck with what I knew: video games. When I discovered Naruto, the manga/anime that had the biggest impact on my life, I would always conjure up jutsu ideas or improving ones I had seen as I always have been the creative type but really not had any skills behind this creativity. This was when I found out about text roleplaying forums where you could create characters and interact with other characters written by someone else and have crazy interactions and build a story you really couldn't do anywhere else, and ever since then I've been big on social medias of all sorts (anyone remember Gaia Online? Tinier-Me? Jcink or Forumotion websites? MySpace? Yeah, had an emo profile there just like most teens around that time).

Since I could find a place online with people who shared my interests and I didn't have to worry about talking about other things or the nuances of face-to-face discussions, I hit it so hard I stopped doing homework or anything I really should have just because of how much I enjoyed it. So I can't truly relate to being anxious to join a forum despite having the same 'disabilities.' Now sure, I had to learn that I didn't need to do stupid stuff like fake who I was for attention or realize that trolling isn't something to take to heart, but once I broke through that I had an even better time.

Now take that and mix it with super-Christian parents who thought video games were bad for you and limited me to an hour a day on any form of interactive media as well as pushing me into fields of study I didn't care for and you can see the 'oof' everywhere. Not fun times, I assure you, but I was never really an angry person about anything unless I was losing at a game...well, once I grew up that is.

Quick question for you EarlTamm EarlTamm and Ovaltine Ovaltine and anyone else here who knows or believes that they are on the Spectrum (I say believes because it's a known fact that sometimes people self-diagnose and are usually wrong, like 'OMG I'm SO OCD, haha!' and the reason the WebMD memes exist): have you ever noticed that the claims of us being un-emotional really...don't seem to fit? They say that we are robots and don't relate or feel sympathy for others, but I've never known that to be true for myself. I always felt like I had too much emotion surging to the point that it was almost too much and didn't know what was appropriate to say or do, and combining not knowing what to do and often doing it wrong and being corrected due to a lack of proper social skills, I just didn't do anything...and thus I look like an uncaring robot when in reality I just didn't know how to properly approach the situation with the overwhelming emotions I had.

I was diagnosed early on in my life by a doctor, so I think it's safe to say I am on the spectrum. I certainly have an active imagination that can lead to me looking weird to others at points, especially if I get to into things, but I have gotten that under control mostly. I have been thoroughly addicted to Youtube for most of my life(Which is something I am currently trying to fix) and I can get quite worked up when it comes to certain subjects. I am quite emotive when it comes to social interactions, it's making new bonds that is the problem for me. I am much better than I used to be(Seriously, I would not be able to stand my past self), but I always figure there is ways I can get better.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Really? I never feel this coming from you. You always handle things calmly
Not EarlTamm, but you'd really be surprised. I might seem very composed on here, but I'm... well. In reality, I'm a bit of an oddball and sometimes, I can be rather temperamental. I think it's a thing about presenting oneself on a forum, which is generally different and more long-winded in terms of engagement. When I'm talking on, say, Discord, you get the full brunt of me more often than not. It's hard for me to speak properly and in perfect grammar without lacing my responses with short-form and lack of capitalization. I get ridiculously hyper and emotional, and depending on the subject, I can swing right into something more calculating and 'robotic', I suppose would be the right phrasing.

Another thing about my experience with Asperger's (which I was diagnosed with later in life, which is kind of odd given many are diagnosed whilst younger) is the difficulty to break out of my comfort zone. Doing as little as typing with proper caps in Discord throws me off hugely. I tried doing that a bit in the Operation Starfall server, and I could for the professional updates and such, but otherwise... nope, lmao. It doesn't just make me feel weird; it turns my mind and already-existing anxieties on their heads.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Really? I never feel this coming from you. You always handle things calmly
In forums you have the benefit of looking through your words more than once before you hit send. Not so much in real life. It's not like I am constantly mad or excited, it's just that certain behaviors and subjects get on my nerves easily. And it's things that most people would be frustrated by. There has been only one time in all of my Smashboards time where I got close to blowing a fuse with someone. Luckily I recognized it and decided to start PMing them instead, as one on one talks tend to lead to more structured and calmer conversations.

D

Deleted member

Not EarlTamm, but you'd really be surprised. I might seem very composed on here, but I'm... well. In reality, I'm a bit of an oddball and sometimes, I can be rather temperamental. I think it's a thing about presenting oneself on a forum, which is generally different and more long-winded in terms of engagement. When I'm talking on, say, Discord, you get the full brunt of me more often than not. It's hard for me to speak properly and in perfect grammar without lacing my responses with short-form and lack of capitalization. I get ridiculously hyper and emotional, and depending on the subject, I can swing right into something more calculating and 'robotic', I suppose would be the right phrasing.

Another thing about my experience with Asperger's (which I was diagnosed with later in life, which is kind of odd given many are diagnosed whilst younger) is the difficulty to break out of my comfort zone. Doing as little as typing with proper caps in Discord throws me off hugely. I tried doing that a bit in the Operation Starfall server, and I could for the professional updates and such, but otherwise... nope, lmao. It doesn't just make me feel weird; it turns my mind and already-existing anxieties on their heads.
With my big bro too, he understands what is going on around him, but he can't express his feelings and emotions to us, and it frustrates him. Sometimes he is calm, sometimes he is really angry, but he is very intelligent and I am so lucky to have him as my brother. I talk to him many times whenever I'm infuriated lol, and he's the kind of guy you can just give a big hug and lean on.

I'm so grateful to have him.

And I'm so grateful to be able to discuss here with y'all

Last edited by a moderator:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Something I want to note(Because I like keeping track of these sorts of things), this post...
I was diagnosed early on in my life by a doctor, so I think it's safe to say I am on the spectrum. I certainly have an active imagination that can lead to me looking weird to others at points, especially if I get to into things, but I have gotten that under control mostly. I have been thoroughly addicted to Youtube for most of my life(Which is something I am currently trying to fix) and I can get quite worked up when it comes to certain subjects. I am quite emotive when it comes to social interactions, it's making new bonds that is the problem for me. I am much better than I used to be(Seriously, I would not be able to stand my past self), but I always figure there is ways I can get better.
..Was post 1,000 for me on this thread. Kinda glad it was on the subject it was on. This was the thread where I made my first post after all.
I have been following this thread for awhile now and I have decided to follow the example of others and make an account to support Geno and build on the discussion. I am curious about one thing related to Geno and can't recall if this was discussed, but what sort of stage would represent SMRPG if he got in? Even though he is from the Mario universe, every third party character has gotten a stage for themselves so it is not out of the question.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord

Yeah this is pretty relatable. My discord friends could certainly tell you that I can be a bit temperamental if you get on my bad side. (My name for a while was Rule 63 Ninten for a while as a reference to it lulz) Not exactly the best with debate under pressure either.

I also don't have an inside voice. I don't mean to be extremely loud but, I guess I am heh.

D

Deleted member

I have been following this thread for awhile now and I have decided to follow the example of others and make an account to support Geno and build on the discussion. I am curious about one thing related to Geno and can't recall if this was discussed, but what sort of stage would represent SMRPG if he got in? Even though he is from the Mario universe, every third party character has gotten a stage for themselves so it is not out of the question.
Forest Maze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom