• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Something I want to note(Because I like keeping track of these sorts of things), this post...

..Was post 1,000 for me on this thread. Kinda glad it was on the subject it was on. This was the thread where I made my first post after all.
I think this thread was where I made my first post as well.

Also Star Hill as the stage plz. Always loved the aesthetic.

D

Deleted member

I have been following this thread for awhile now and I have decided to follow the example of others and make an account to support Geno and build on the discussion. I am curious about one thing related to Geno and can't recall if this was discussed, but what sort of stage would represent SMRPG if he got in? Even though he is from the Mario universe, every third party character has gotten a stage for themselves so it is not out of the question.
My idea for a Stage is a Travelling stage that visits all the unique and iconic locations of SMRPG like Bowser's keep, Forest Maze, Tadpole pond, Booster's tower, Marrymore, Mushroom Kingdom, etc. I like to call the stage Mushroom Kingdom RPG.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Does anyone else think that the new Link's Awakening is pretty much Nintendo's way of saying the 3DS is dead? If it was being made a few years ago, it would've definitely came out on the 3DS and even the art style resembles a Link Between Worlds.
it 100% is, also no 3ds titles at all for the first time in the direct with the switch going on. It means they have finally shifted all the focus 100% on the switch, finally.

D

Deleted member

Y'know, what's funny is, the more we go on, the more hype I get for the LA remake.

Every time something is revealed the best moment is right when it is revealed, not long after it's revealed lol

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
I was hoping for the LA remake to look more like an updated albw, the art syle is growing on me though.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I was hoping for the LA remake to look more like an updated albw, the art syle is growing on me though.
I absolutely love the art style, personally. I love the clay appearance it has. I hope that, if SMRPG ever gets a remake, it looks much like this, except for better and less simplified faces.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
This is such a small detail, but does anyone else really enjoy the sound effects of SMRPG? It sounds like they're even mashed together in some songs and I love it. It just has that... idk. I get some vibe from it. Maybe retro/arcade era?

D

Deleted member

This is such a small detail, but does anyone else really enjoy the sound effects of SMRPG? It sounds like they're even mashed together in some songs and I love it. It just has that... idk. I get some vibe from it. Maybe retro/arcade era?
I do. And they better be sound effects of Geno if he is in Smash.

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
I absolutely love the art style, personally. I love the clay appearance it has. I hope that, if SMRPG ever gets a remake, it looks much like this, except for better and less simplified faces.
That reminds wasn't there a Japanese commercial for SMRPG that used claymation yes I can see it working for that game. As for LA I am sure I'll get used to it though the yellow stripe being replaced on links hat still kinda bugs me.

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
Definitely. There are a lot of satisfying sound effects in the game, like Mario's hammer, the s'crow jingle, and Peach slapping the crap out of someone.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Imagine the Mother series looking like that or something similar… the dream.

D

Deleted member

****ING YES PLEASE.

YES.

YES PLEASE.

lmao I can't control my Mother fanboyism

Last edited by a moderator:

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
I'd want a remade Mother game to look either like Octopath or SMO, but in truth, I'd much rather they leave the originals as they are.

Unless of course Mother 4 is underway.

D

Deleted member

Ness running? That picture really is the quintessential remake of Earthbound.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
So uh... heh heh

Anyway all of the Square Seven appeal to me. Except maybe Luminary but I already bought DQXI so that might change. Other candidates like other FF characters, 2B, Neku, Lara Croft are also great.

I think the top 3 would be Sora, Geno and Crono. Geno as the ‘should have gotten in already dammit’, Sora as my personal favorite and Crono as the ‘never knew I wanted this oh so much take my children Sakurai’.
Saw y’all doing wants a couple pages back so.

Geno > Lara Croft > Erdrick > Crono > Sephiroth > whomever else.

Honestly, you guys are lucky you’re so likable. Usually I’d take a new franchise over another rep from an already represented franchise any day, especially Mario, but I guess Geno IS a very special case.
I saw y'all doing this as well and forgot to share mine yesterday:

Geno > Mallow > Black Mage > Crono > 2B > Sephiroth > Lightning > Sora > Slime > Erdrick.

D

Deleted member

I have no clue why this image triggered this idea, but can anyone imagine K.Rool as a modern politician?
He'd fit the kind of politician us Southerners like. Strong, bold, stubborn, and wants to blow things up.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
I figured you would do that. Funny how I still have the tendency to ask these sort of questions out of the blue in a thread, especially when nothing is happening.
Vista Hill.

These are the remixes I'd ask for for Geno's stage:

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
Fight Against Bowser (Very unlikely because there's already a SMB3 Bowser remix in Ultimate)
Fight Against Monsters / Fight Against a Somewhat Stronger Monster
Fight Against an Armed Boss
Fight Against Smithy / Fight Against Smithy, Who Likes Transforming
Weapons Factory
Still, the Road is Full of Dangers!
Slope
The Merry Mary Bell Rings

On top of that, Tails was very popular for the Melee speculation cycle. In fact, after Sonic was revealed for Brawl, people thought Tails was next until they saw he was in Green Hill as a cameo. Back in Melee, whenever people brought up Sonic, it was almost always with Tails at his side.

LOL, like that one April Fools joke where Sonic and Tails were secretly unlockable back in Melee? XD
Wait, wait... this is the Geno support thread?

I thought this was Spanish class. :drsad:
"See ya, Spongebob!"

"See ya, big fat meanie!"
This is the Geno thread, what did you expect? You can expect this in any character thread and you should already know that. People will keep believing in their most wanted until they get in and you can't stop that.

D

Deleted member

Great, now I want to take a picture of him looking right at the camera[/QUO
Personally, there's only one place I can see King K. Rool on camera, and that's in the ring!

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
I have no clue why this image triggered this idea, but can anyone imagine K.Rool as a modern politician?
I can imagine King K. Rool singing and dancing after winning elections.

"It's great to be a politician!"
"I seem to have a thirst"
"For gaining everything I won"
"And giving all this slack!"

"I'll take away your money!"
"I'll take away your homes!"
"Have a nice vacation"
"While I take your tax plans!"

"Now that I have the power"
"This is my finest term"

"NOTHING IN THIS COUNTRY CAN STOP ME NOW!"

D

Deleted member

Personally, there's only one place I can see King K. Rool on camera, and that's in the ring!

You should've made him wrestle Brock Lesnar instead. I don't want him to have the Universal championship for 500 days and not defend it again. We need a REAL champion like King K. Rool!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I can imagine King K. Rool singing and dancing after winning elections.

"It's great to be a politician!"
"I seem to have a thirst"
"For gaining everything I won"
"And giving all this slack!"

"I'll take away your money!"
"I'll take away your homes!"
"Have a nice vacation"
"While I take your tax plans!"

"Now that I have the power"
"This is my finest term"

"NOTHING IN THIS COUNTRY CAN STOP ME NOW!"
Now I just wonder what other leader type Smash characters would be like as politicians.

Changed icon again, but it is by the same artist and the same completely done Ruby. Something was bothering me with the last one, so I decided to try this one out. Curious though, is there any rule against smoking or alcohol in your icons(Neither of which I do btw)? Should have probably checked.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Now I just wonder what other leader type Smash characters would be like as politicians.

Changed icon again, but it is by the same artist and the same completely done Ruby. Something was bothering me with the last one, so I decided to try this one out. Curious though, is there any rule against smoking or alcohol in your icons(Neither of which I do btw)? Should have probably checked.
Bruh

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
You know what? I just realized a heck of an anomaly when it comes to Ultimate that definitely stands out.

We have a lot of SMRPG references in the game via Piranha Plant (yes, two is a lot — it's a lot more than usual, haha). We have Geno and Mallow as spirits. You would think that, if there was negotiation and allowance of stuff when it comes to SMRPG along with Yoko Shimomura on the team, we'd likely have music for SMRPG in the game. I'm starting to think that there was some kind of umbrella agreement with its assets, and I don't see how they couldn't have added the music into the mix with Yoko on the team. No one would have had to go out their way at all. If they can get orchestrated music for DQXI, then by Jovah (heh), they can get SMRPG's music, even at its base MIDI form, in Smash Ultimate.

... but it isn't.

That just seems like that much more of a strange exclusion now that we've seen Megasmilax and Chewies namedropped, Geno and Mallow's spirits in the game, and Nintendo giving Geno quite a bit of limelight with Switch updates featuring his spirit + his spirit in the main menus + his profile picture. If they're giving SMRPG all of this love and affection, all of this attention, and trying their best to appease fans without being able to make Geno playable... why is one of their easiest assets to obtain, the music, not in the game?

That is beyond weird to me, and with that epiphany, that makes me raise an eyebrow. I still believe we're getting Erdrick, as the evidence is so stacked for him, but we really don't know all of the negotiations that went behind Geno and Mallow between Nintendo and Square. For all we know, Geno has a very easy entry point into the game as misc. DLC, and he can so easily be planned to come with music tracks from SMRPG in tow.

Very... very intredasting.

D

Deleted member

You should've made him wrestle Brock Lesnar instead. I don't want him to have the Universal championship for 500 days and not defend it again. We need a REAL champion like King K. Rool!
Brock Lesnar might throw you to the ground or some other ***** maneuver that'll only hurt your enemy. **** out of here. Mother****ing King K. Rool will throw you through the ground and make sure they never get up again.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
You know what? I just realized a heck of an anomaly when it comes to Ultimate that definitely stands out.

We have a lot of SMRPG references in the game via Piranha Plant (yes, two is a lot — it's a lot more than usual, haha). We have Geno and Mallow as spirits. You would think that, if there was negotiation and allowance of stuff when it comes to SMRPG along with Yoko Shimomura on the team, we'd likely have music for SMRPG in the game. I'm starting to think that there was some kind of umbrella agreement with its assets, and I don't see how they couldn't have added the music into the mix with Yoko on the team. No one would have had to go out their way at all. If they can get orchestrated music for DQXI, then by Jovah (heh), they can get SMRPG's music, even at its base MIDI form, in Smash Ultimate.

... but it isn't.

That just seems like that much more of a strange exclusion now that we've seen Megasmilax and Chewies namedropped, Geno and Mallow's spirits in the game, and Nintendo giving Geno quite a bit of limelight with Switch updates featuring his spirit + his spirit in the main menus + his profile picture. If they're giving SMRPG all of this love and affection, all of this attention, and trying their best to appease fans without being able to make Geno playable... why is one of their easiest assets to obtain, the music, not in the game?

That is beyond weird to me, and with that epiphany, that makes me raise an eyebrow. I still believe we're getting Erdrick, as the evidence is so stacked for him, but we really don't know all of the negotiations that went behind Geno and Mallow between Nintendo and Square. For all we know, Geno has a very easy entry point into the game as misc. DLC, and he can so easily be planned to come with music tracks from SMRPG in tow.

3399a488d795d6678323e47d9600a80c76469a56r1-980-980v2_hq.jpg

Honestly, I never really thought of that until now either. I DO know that she was responsible for the beautiful Mother 1 Magicant/Eight Melodies mix from Smash 4, and I really really want to hear more arrangements from her because I absolutely love that arrangement. I don't think a DLC deal was out of the question at the very least. They already have the rights to him and like you said the composer is literally right there.

I also kinda think it's odd how her Mother arrangement had the title messed around with in Ultimate. They outright removed the Eight Melodies from the title which is... Bizarre to me, especially since it makes it seem like it's no longer a medley, but that's a different sort of deal there.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight

... but it isn't.

Hmm...

Sakurai: Can we have SMRPG music?

Square: We'll let you use it in paid DLC.

Sakurai: ....Ugh, fine.

That's just my interpretation, anyway.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
View attachment 192760

Honestly, I never really thought of that until now either. I DO know that she was responsible for the beautiful Mother 1 Magicant/Eight Melodies mix from Smash 4, and I really really want to hear more arrangements from her because I absolutely love that arrangement. I don't think a DLC deal was out of the question at the very least. They already have the rights to him and like you said the composer is literally right there.

I also kinda think it's odd how her Mother arrangement had the title messed around with in Ultimate. They outright removed the Eight Melodies from the title which is... Bizarre to me, especially since it makes it seem like it's no longer a medley, but that's a different sort of deal there.
On top of all of that, Reggie also believed that none of the characters asked for ended up being turned down. NoA, as past information has lead us to believe, seems to have something of a love for Geno. I wouldn't be surprised if he was a character asked for and NoA is aware of this, which would explain the rumor of him maybe being DLC. If Reggie is corroborating that much and Geno was more of an NoA pitch, he'd likely be one of the only ones to know if that deal went through or not, so if such a case happened, then... maybe it did go through? Maybe Reggie is just kicking back and laughing at us, our sad little faces thinking Geno isn't in, when he is well-aware that he's coming.

... or not. Who knows?

D

Deleted member

I think we either get SMRPG music as DLC along with Geno as a playable character, or we don't get SMRPG music at all.

Basically, if we get any SMRPG content in the future, I'm pretty sure it is with playable Geno. If no playable Geno, I don't expect any other SMRPG content as DLC.

Confident that it's the former though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom