• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
In a perfect world, I'm on the mark on 'brave' being a Pinocchio reference to make things far less obvious that it's Geno, and for a 20th anniversary gift from Sakurai to us, Geno is extra DLC outside of the Fighter's Pass, explaining the stats highly resembling him.

Sigh... Wish we lived in a perfect world.
Brave does relate to Pinocchio in a way. Someone mentioned on here how Brave related to Pinocchio because he is brave, plus even SquareSoft considered him to be Pinocchio. But hey, we won't know until it's confirmed, so let's stay tuned.

I wish Square was actually nice to Nintendo. They could be cool and loved by everyone if they were more cooperative, but instead they'd rather be that one snobby kid. Nintendo, what in the world did you do to SquareSoft when you made that elementary school project with him? If they were more cooperative, I'm most certain this would happen:
Square characters: Cloud and Geno.
Assist Trophies: Mallow, Chocobo, and Black Mage.
Stages: Midgar and Bowser's Keep.
Spirits: Cloud, Advent Children Cloud, Zack, Tifa, Red XIII, Barret, Yuffie, Vincent, Aeris, Cait, Cid, Sephiroth, Jenova, Black Mage, and Chocobo could be the FF representation spirits.
Geno, Mallow, Mario (SMPRG), Peach (SMRPG), Bowser (SMRPG), Yoshi (SMRPG), Chancellor, Croco, Boshi, Belome, Jonathan Jones, Valentina, Czar Dragon, Axem Rangers, Mack, Bowyer, Yaridovich, Exor, Smithy, and Smithy (True form) could be the SMRPG representation spirits.
I try my best!
Oh please, it's only a matter of time before
WINNIE
TRIUMPHS THE
HONEY!

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
I guess I'm one of the few that remembers...
HAPPY 20TH ANNIVERSARY TO THE SUPER SMASH BROTHERS SERIES!

How about we all share our first Super Smash Brothers game we played? :)
My first was Super Smash Brothers Melee, and I still love and play it to this day; it's such a great classic and made me want another sequel, which ended up being the awesome sequel, Brawl!
Been Smashing since 2001~

D

Deleted member

My first was Super Smash Brothers Melee, and I still love and play it to this day; it's such a great classic and made me want another sequel, which ended up being the awesome sequel, Brawl!

My first Smash Bros game was Smash on the N64. My brother would always pick Ness and spam PK Thunder lol. As far as I remember, I think I picked Mario since I was a huge Mario child, and still am.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

My first Smash Bros. game was Melee and it blew my mind out of existence. It was the first time I was introduced to bunch of Nintendo's franchises like Metroid, Star Fox, Kirby, Mother, F-Zero, Fire Emblem, ect.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
My first Smash was Melee. I forget when exactly I first played it, but it was basically what got me into gaming way back when and introduced me to the wide world of Nintendo, and I'll forever be thankful to Smash for that. I still remember how excited I was when I unlocked Mewtwo for the first time, since the Pokemon anime and movies (mainly the first one) had really been my only prior exposure to any of Nintendo's properties at the time. You can imagine how excited 7-year-old me was when I found out a sequel was on the way, though finding out that my favorite fighter had been replaced with a blue jackal didn't exactly feel good. But hey, on the bright side, Subspace Emissary was pretty sweet and more than made up for Mewtwo's absence in my eyes. (Though imagine if we could have both...)
But yeah, happy Smashiversary, y'all. Here's to 20 more years of fun games and hype character reveals! :smash:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
I still remember how excited I was when I unlocked Mewtwo for the first time.
Seeing "CHALLENGER APPROACHING" with Mewtwo's silhouette made me lose my mind. I was blown that a legendary Pokémon made it in as a playable character, also one of my favorite Pokémon. Silly me thought Mewtwo was the most overpowered character in the game because of how overpowered he was in Red/Blue and the anime/movie, but was I wrong; it's unfortunate that he was slow, but he got insanely buffed when he came back in Smash 3DS/Wii U. You know what? I just have to put his challenger approaching screen in here.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Man, all this Mewtwo love. That was also what had me going nuts as a little girl. Unlocking Mewtwo was one of the best days ever, and god, I still love playing him to this day. If it wasn't for Sonic and K. Rool, he'd be my main, but he'll instead be in my top three.

Anyhow, happy Smashiversary, everyone!

D

Deleted member

Happy Smash Bros 20th anniversary Genobros and Genosis's!

My first Smash Bros game was Brawl, and it also happened to be my first video game! I didn't know who any of the characters were (even Mario lol), but I randomly picked up 2 characters - Lucas and Ike. I didn't know who they were at all, but I just really liked them.

Whenever I unlocked a character, I forgot to make a save file each time before unlocking a character. For instance, after unlocking Ness, Marth, Luigi, Falco, and Lucario, I had to take a break and turn the game off. When I turned the game on to play it again, I had to start all over from unlocking Ness again! Thankfully, I remembered one time to create a save file, and I was able to keep all the characters I unlocked :)

Smash Bros led me to the Mother series, my favorite video game series ever that I always will have a soft spot for, which led me to the Mario RPGs, which, of course, led me to the blue *** clown that we all know and love and want in Smash.

While I haven't played Ike's game yet, Smash Bros has introduced people to video games, and it's really a series that both kids and adults love. It's one of my favorite video game series, along with the Mother and Mario RPG series

Potatu

Smash Apprentice

My first was Brawl. I fondly remember the time when i and my best friend played Brawl everytime he came over to my place. I switched between Mario and Sonic, since those were one of the only characters i recognized (i remember thinking that Samus was called Metroid and that Pit was called Kid Icarus lmao). I wish i could travel back in time to experience it all over again....

bomamba

Smash Cadet

My first was Super Smash Brothers Brawl for the Nintendo gosh darn Wii. I remember playing as Meta Knight in free for all’s on 75m. It was the craziest thing ever and those days are the ones I like to reminisce on.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

My first Smash game was Brawl. Watching so many stylistically different characters clash in the cutscenes of Subspace Emissary really drew me in and led me to research each character’s origins. That, combined with trophy descriptions, the Chronicle, and Masterpieces, is what got me into gaming.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
I'm a little surprised how young the Geno fans seem to be, considering the game came out 23 years ago I wouldn't have guessed there were that many fans who are younger than the game itself lol.

KanataLen

Smash Apprentice
I think it has more to do with his lasting popularity and the re-releases. Plus siblings/cousins of fans when the game came out could always be substantially younger. I'm as old as the game itself, and that's a fun thing for me to know. still hoping that Brave is Geno. if not i would appreciate whoever it is, simply because that playstyle just sounds so unique to the game.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
My first Smash was Melee. I forget when exactly I first played it, but it was basically what got me into gaming way back when and introduced me to the wide world of Nintendo, and I'll forever be thankful to Smash for that. I still remember how excited I was when I unlocked Mewtwo for the first time, since the Pokemon anime and movies (mainly the first one) had really been my only prior exposure to any of Nintendo's properties at the time. You can imagine how excited 7-year-old me was when I found out a sequel was on the way, though finding out that my favorite fighter had been replaced with a blue jackal didn't exactly feel good. But hey, on the bright side, Subspace Emissary was pretty sweet and more than made up for Mewtwo's absence in my eyes. (Though imagine if we could have both...)
But yeah, happy Smashiversary, y'all. Here's to 20 more years of fun games and hype character reveals! :smash:
Seeing "CHALLENGER APPROACHING" with Mewtwo's silhouette made me lose my mind. I was blown that a legendary Pokémon made it in as a playable character, also one of my favorite Pokémon. Silly me thought Mewtwo was the most overpowered character in the game because of how overpowered he was in Red/Blue and the anime/movie, but was I wrong; it's unfortunate that he was slow, but he got insanely buffed when he came back in Smash 3DS/Wii U. You know what? I just have to put his challenger approaching screen in here.

I remember the night me and my sister unlocked :mewtwomelee:. I remember we played a bunch of matches together late that night and before my sister decided to call it quits, I beg her to play one more match with me, so she did. After the last match was over, the Challenger Approaching screen pops up and long and behold it's :mewtwomelee:. We started freaking out and screaming off the top of our lungs. It's a night I'll never forget.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I'm a little surprised how young the Geno fans seem to be, considering the game came out 23 years ago I wouldn't have guessed there were that many fans who are younger than the game itself lol.
Oh man, you'd be surprised. The misconception that all Geno fans (namely those who have played SMRPG) are 'boomers' is a gross one. I know a lot of younger Geno fans myself, the youngest I know being around twelve years old. Twelve! They weren't even conceived when that game came out for the first time! It's no matter of 'bandwagoning' either. It's a game that's lasted in popularity and quality, and people of all ages and all generations are able to experience that joy today with the VC, SNES Classic, and... methods of dubious legality.

Funny enough, I didn't even play SMRPG when it first came out, as it was a little bit before my time. (I was four when the N64 came out and was an early adopter of that, so SNES gaming didn't come to me 'til way later in my life.) The hubbub about the SNES and its many wonderful games was what had me revisit that generation, and I'm very glad I did. It also brought me to this nerd-ass star boy that we love and champion, as well as his soft and very underrated nimbus friend!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
During the time Brawl was out, their was a popular animation on Newgrounds and Youtube called Bowser's Kingdom and it had Geno in it and he was very cool. There was one video where he finds out he isn't in the roster and decides to blow up Japan from space because of that. That could have sparked some of Geno's popularity for Smash.

Last edited:

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Oh man, you'd be surprised. The misconception that all Geno fans (namely those who have played SMRPG) are 'boomers' is a gross one. I know a lot of younger Geno fans myself, the youngest I know being around twelve years old. Twelve! They weren't even conceived when that game came out for the first time! It's no matter of 'bandwagoning' either. It's a game that's lasted in popularity and quality, and people of all ages and all generations are able to experience that joy today with the VC, SNES Classic, and... methods of dubious legality.

Funny enough, I didn't even play SMRPG when it first came out, as it was a little bit before my time. (I was four when the N64 came out and was an early adopter of that, so SNES gaming didn't come to me 'til way later in my life.) The hubbub about the SNES and its many wonderful games was what had me revisit that generation, and I'm very glad I did. It also brought me to this nerd-*** star boy that we love and champion, as well as his soft and very underrated nimbus friend!
Well y'all are making me feel old lol and I wasn't even old enough to play it when it first came out being only 4 at the time.

MattX20

Smash Hero
My first Smash game was the original on the N64. I have played/owned every game in the series apart from the 3DS version since I already had the Wii U version

Nicnac

Smash Ace
I'm a little surprised how young the Geno fans seem to be, considering the game came out 23 years ago I wouldn't have guessed there were that many fans who are younger than the game itself lol
I think it has more to do with his lasting popularity and the re-releases. Plus siblings/cousins of fans when the game came out could always be substantially younger. I'm as old as the game itself, and that's a fun thing for me to know. still hoping that Brave is Geno. if not i would appreciate whoever it is, simply because that playstyle just sounds so unique to the game.
Yeah, I'm on the younger side (14) but Geno is by far my number one pick now my "Big 5" are all in. Supported him for about 5 years now, and will do so untill he gets in!

BTW my first smash was Brawl in 2010/2011 I think, loved it. Seeing Sonic and Mario together blew me away at that age haha!

Last edited:

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
My first game was Brawl too because I'm probably the youngest here, but I actually didn't use Meta Knight. I liked using Sonic the most just because of how fun it was to roll around.

To this day I want a Subspace-like story mode, even though a lot of people are torn as to whether or not Subspace was good or bad.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
My first game was Brawl too because I'm probably the youngest here, but I actually didn't use Meta Knight. I liked using Sonic the most just because of how fun it was to roll around.

To this day I want a Subspace-like story mode, even though a lot of people are torn as to whether or not Subspace was good or bad.
I think Subspace Emissary was really good, but drawn out a bit too long. The story in Spirits Mode didn't cut it for me well enough to call it a worthy successor to SE. My dream Adventure Mode for a Smash game is one like Melee, but has the cinematic cutscenes of SE. And it would be different depending on which character you choose.

Last edited:

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
I think Subspace Emissary was really good, but drawn out a bit too long. The story in Spirits Mode didn't cut it for me well enough to call it a worthy successor to SE. My dream Adventure Mode for a Smash game is one like Melee, but has the cinematic cutscenes of SE. And it would be different depending on which character you choose.
Alternatively, I loved every minute of Subspace. It was long, but it didn't feel like it dragged to me. Even The Great Maze was fun for me. I just wish they explained why half of the things happened. I was so confused when Bowser and Ganondorf rode in on that gigantic city thing.

A story mode being different depending on the character you choose seems like a hefty amount of work given the sheer size of the roster, but I suppose it's called a dream for a reason.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Alternatively, I loved every minute of Subspace. It was long, but it didn't feel like it dragged to me. Even The Great Maze was fun for me. I just wish they explained why half of the things happened. I was so confused when Bowser and Ganondorf rode in on that gigantic city thing.

A story mode being different depending on the character you choose seems like a hefty amount of work given the sheer size of the roster, but I suppose it's called a dream for a reason.
Adventure Mode in Melee wasn't a story mode, but it had mazes and sections that you couldn't play in Vs Mode and it also had these very short cutscenes that were really not cinematic. But you could get it done under 20 minutes and it always played out the same no matter who you were playing as.

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
My first Smash game was 64. My parents let me rent the game, because they didn't want to buy games I may end up hating.
All of the characters were unlocked, and I was only familiar with the Mario characters, the Pokemon, and Kirby (though I had seen pictures of Link, Samus, and Fox before, I just didn't know who they were).
Smash is one of those series that gets better with each installment, and I'm happy to play it to this day (even if I'm a lot older and a lot crabbier than I was when I was 8.)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You know, I'm not sure if anyone ever noticed, but Peach is a little thicc in this. Not that I mind it.

My first Smash game was the original on the N64. I have played/owned every game in the series apart from the 3DS version since I already had the Wii U version
Same, but swap out the Wii U with the 3DS, since I never owned a Wii U.

Funny story about the first game, before I played it, I saw ads and a strategy in Nintendo Power, and I assumed Classic Mode would be an adventure-style mode with enemies to fight in it. How naive I was.

No matter who arrives, I've always been content with each new entry. Hopefully it's only a matter of time before I can get to this one.

Last edited:

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird

My first game in the series was Brawl, back when I first played it in the early 2010s because a really good friend of mine would usually bring his copy over and him and my older brother would usually play a lot. I remember always using Pikachu lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom