• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice
I guess I'm one of the few that remembers...
HAPPY 20TH ANNIVERSARY TO THE SUPER SMASH BROTHERS SERIES!

How about we all share our first Super Smash Brothers game we played? :)
My first was Super Smash Brothers Melee, and I still love and play it to this day; it's such a great classic and made me want another sequel, which ended up being the awesome sequel, Brawl!
Been Smashing since 2001~

My first smash was for the N64. My Grandma got it for me, so it's a series I hold dear to my heart because of that.

I picked Fox because I love animals and he was just overall this badass anthropomorphic fox from space that shot lasers. I didn't get get into Fox's series mich, but Starfox Adventures was actually one of my favorite games as a child (I was obsessed with Rareware games).

Wasn't til Brawl I finally got my main monkey Diddy, and with some luck, Geno and Banjo will be in the game soon (or AT LEAST smash 6 haha).

D

Deleted member

I guess I'm one of the few that remembers...
HAPPY 20TH ANNIVERSARY TO THE SUPER SMASH BROTHERS SERIES!

How about we all share our first Super Smash Brothers game we played? :)
My first was Super Smash Brothers Melee, and I still love and play it to this day; it's such a great classic and made me want another sequel, which ended up being the awesome sequel, Brawl!
Been Smashing since 2001~

Happy Smashiversary! My first Smash game was Brawl. Honestly Brawl is the "Black Sheep" of the Franchise and even still I really like the game and would love to go back and replay it. It introduced so many cool characters (Snake, Lucas, Sonic, R.O.B, Etc.) and introduced one of my Mains (King Dedede) so I'm appreciative of the game. My Best friend who I used to love dearly, Such a cool dude. he used to watch me play it all the time. Sadly he could not play it as he was Paralyzed but I tried my best to entertain him and whatnot cause I loved the guy a lot. He used to love watching me play games and I always let him choose what game I play and What character I choose in games. but sadly later he died of a heart attack so Brawl has a special place in my heart.

Not to mention Smash introduced to me a lot of different games which I now love (Mother 3, DKC, SMRPG, Etc.) and for that I adore the franchise for those reasons and more. the Hype cycle for the games are a ton of fun wouldn't have found my way onto here if not for Smash and I like it here. The community for Smash for the most part is pretty chill and The Competitive community are so skilled at the games it's super interesting.

Smash is such an amazing franchise and Sakurai himself is seems like such a genuinely nice guy who loves video games and Making them. Sakurai is a really hard and dedicated worker which is really inspiring. Regardless of who the DLC will be, Geno or no Geno we can't take that away from him. Sakurai seems like Such a Genuine guy and is such a hard worker.

Happy anniversary Smash! Here's to twenty more!

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
My first Smash Bros game was Smash on the N64. My brother would always pick Ness and spam PK Thunder lol. As far as I remember, I think I picked Mario since I was a huge Mario child, and still am.
Mario was the character I'd always choose when it came to N64. I got Smash 64 after I beat Melee 100%, and it was a pretty good predecessor and beginning to the game, despite there being only 12 characters. Same with Melee, I always picked Mario, but my mains in Melee were Young Link, Dr. Mario, and Falco.
My first Smash Bros. game was Melee and it blew my mind out of existence. It was the first time I was introduced to bunch of Nintendo's franchises like Metroid, Star Fox, Kirby, Mother, F-Zero, Fire Emblem, ect.
Super Smash Brothers never introduced me into anything because I already played almost every Nintendo game out there, and the only character's series I never got to play was Marth and Roy's. Never played a Fire Emblem game. Anyway, awesome story. :)
My first Smash was Melee. I forget when exactly I first played it, but it was basically what got me into gaming way back when and introduced me to the wide world of Nintendo, and I'll forever be thankful to Smash for that. I still remember how excited I was when I unlocked Mewtwo for the first time, since the Pokemon anime and movies (mainly the first one) had really been my only prior exposure to any of Nintendo's properties at the time. You can imagine how excited 7-year-old me was when I found out a sequel was on the way, though finding out that my favorite fighter had been replaced with a blue jackal didn't exactly feel good. But hey, on the bright side, Subspace Emissary was pretty sweet and more than made up for Mewtwo's absence in my eyes. (Though imagine if we could have both...)
But yeah, happy Smashiversary, y'all. Here's to 20 more years of fun games and hype character reveals! :smash:
It's amazing how Sakurai, HAL Laboratory, and Nintendo did the best job at introducing the best video game characters to everyone. Hey, what can I say? Nintendo's been here since 1889 and always did their games right. Seeing the Brawl trailer show up at E3 2006 was ****ing insane. And guess what? It introduced third-parties the moment Snake lifted that box up and said, "SHOWTIME!" Off-topic: Nintendo will be turning 130 years old in September this year. Let's not forget its 130th birthday. :)
Man, all this Mewtwo love. That was also what had me going nuts as a little girl. Unlocking Mewtwo was one of the best days ever, and god, I still love playing him to this day. If it wasn't for Sonic and K. Rool, he'd be my main, but he'll instead be in my top three.
Yes, unlocking Mewtwo was one of the best days ever, but for me it was at night, so the best Melee night ever. That's not your top three, that's your holy trinity. ;)
Happy Smash Bros 20th anniversary Genobros and Genosis's!
My first Smash Bros game was Brawl, and it also happened to be my first video game! I didn't know who any of the characters were (even Mario lol), but I randomly picked up 2 characters - Lucas and Ike. I didn't know who they were at all, but I just really liked them.
Whenever I unlocked a character, I forgot to make a save file each time before unlocking a character. For instance, after unlocking Ness, Marth, Luigi, Falco, and Lucario, I had to take a break and turn the game off. When I turned the game on to play it again, I had to start all over from unlocking Ness again! Thankfully, I remembered one time to create a save file, and I was able to keep all the characters I unlocked :)
Smash Bros led me to the Mother series, my favorite video game series ever that I always will have a soft spot for, which led me to the Mario RPGs, which, of course, led me to the blue *** clown that we all know and love and want in Smash.
While I haven't played Ike's game yet, Smash Bros has introduced people to video games, and it's really a series that both kids and adults love. It's one of my favorite video game series, along with the Mother and Mario RPG series
I think you're the first Smash player that had no clue who anyone was at the time. Never in my days have I seen or heard someone not know who Mario is, but it looks like I've found my first. Those were the days back in my GameCube days... not having a memory chip. I remember playing Luigi's Mansion and I had to leave my GameCube on all night since I didn't have a memory card/chip. Thank goodness I got one later on. I'm glad you enjoyed the hell out of Brawl, especially since it was your first game. My first video game was Super Mario 64, and I still love it to this day.
Well y'all are making me feel old lol and I wasn't even old enough to play it when it first came out being only 4 at the time.
It's never too old to stop gaming. My friend is 34 and still plays Halo with me, I also have another friend who's in his 50s and plays Xbox with me sometimes. :)
My first was Brawl. I fondly remember the time when i and my best friend played Brawl everytime he came over to my place. I switched between Mario and Sonic, since those were one of the only characters i recognized (i remember thinking that Samus was called Metroid and that Pit was called Kid Icarus lmao). I wish i could travel back in time to experience it all over again....
I, too, wish I could go back to my old Melee and Brawl days. 2001-2008 were like my prime years of gaming in Nintendo, and 2001-2012 were basically my prime years of gaming in general. It's amazing how games back in the '90s and early 2000s had better games compared to the games made today; those games also took more time during development.
My first was Super Smash Brothers Brawl for the Nintendo gosh darn Wii. I remember playing as Meta Knight in free for all’s on 75m. It was the craziest thing ever and those days are the ones I like to reminisce on.
Meta Knight. FFA. On 75m?! You aren't crazy, you are insane. Meta Knight basically has the high ground on that stage due to having a great recovery and being the best character in that game. Insane and crazy story, but I agree, good times. <3
My first Smash game was Brawl. Watching so many stylistically different characters clash in the cutscenes of Subspace Emissary really drew me in and led me to research each character’s origins. That, combined with trophy descriptions, the Chronicle, and Masterpieces, is what got me into gaming.
Subspace Emissary is what really impacted a lot of Brawl's gamers. That story mode was probably the best thing that happened to Super Smash Brothers, and thank goodness we got another one.
My first Smash game was the original on the N64. I have played/owned every game in the series apart from the 3DS version since I already had the Wii U version
I have all the Smash games, including the 3DS one. I couldn't wait another few months for the Wii U one, so I had to get the 3DS one. Smash 4 is actually my least favorite of the series for a few reasons, but I cannot explain why. But overall, the series is the best crossover in gaming his-- You know what? No, it IS the best crossover in history. Super Smash Brothers > Infinity War | Change my mind-- oh wait, you can't. Anyway, great story. :)
Yeah, I'm on the younger side (14) but Geno is by far my number one pick now my "Big 5" are all in. Supported him for about 5 years now, and will do so untill he gets in! BTW my first smash was Brawl in 2010/2011 I think, loved it. Seeing Sonic and Mario together blew me away at that age haha!
Seeing the trailer on the Smash Dojo where it showed Sonic in Brawl destroyed the internet that day; that day was insane and I couldn't believe my eyes. Was the game worth getting delayed for Sonic? Yes! Ah yes, 2010 and 2011... those were the years where I was playing my Wii and Halo 3 + Reach. By the way, off-topic, love your profile picture. lol
My first game was Brawl too because I'm probably the youngest here, but I actually didn't use Meta Knight. I liked using Sonic the most just because of how fun it was to roll around. To this day I want a Subspace-like story mode, even though a lot of people are torn as to whether or not Subspace was good or bad.
Oh no, Subspace wasn't good or bad, it was amazing. ;)
Sonic was fun in Brawl, haha.
My first game in the series was Brawl, back when I first played it in the early 2010s because a really good friend of mine would usually bring his copy over and him and my older brother would usually play a lot. I remember always using Pikachu lol.
I remember playing Brawl at my friends' birthday parties during the time of the 2010s... my goodness, it was such a great time to be gaming in.
My first smash was for the N64. My Grandma got it for me, so it's a series I hold dear to my heart because of that. I picked Fox because I love animals and he was just overall this badass anthropomorphic fox from space that shot lasers. I didn't get get into Fox's series much, but Starfox Adventures was actually one of my favorite games as a child (I was obsessed with Rareware games). Wasn't til Brawl I finally got my main monkey Diddy, and with some luck, Geno and Banjo will be in the game soon (or AT LEAST smash 6 haha).
Don't forget that those are animals that fly in space aircrafts. lol
Happy Smashiversary! My first Smash game was Brawl. Honestly Brawl is the "Black Sheep" of the Franchise and even still I really like the game and would love to go back and replay it. It introduced so many cool characters (Snake, Lucas, Sonic, R.O.B, Etc.) and introduced one of my Mains (King Dedede) so I'm appreciative of the game. My Best friend who I used to love dearly, Such a cool dude. he used to watch me play it all the time. Sadly he could not play it as he was Paralyzed but I tried my best to entertain him and whatnot cause I loved the guy a lot. He used to love watching me play games and I always let him choose what game I play and What character I choose in games. but sadly later he died of a heart attack so Brawl has a special place in my heart. Not to mention Smash introduced to me a lot of different games which I now love (Mother 3, DKC, SMRPG, Etc.) and for that I adore the franchise for those reasons and more. the Hype cycle for the games are a ton of fun wouldn't have found my way onto here if not for Smash and I like it here. The community for Smash for the most part is pretty chill and The Competitive community are so skilled at the games it's super interesting.
Smash is such an amazing franchise and Sakurai himself is seems like such a genuinely nice guy who loves video games and Making them. Sakurai is a really hard and dedicated worker which is really inspiring. Regardless of who the DLC will be, Geno or no Geno we can't take that away from him. Sakurai seems like Such a Genuine guy and is such a hard worker.
Happy anniversary Smash! Here's to twenty more!
I agree, Brawl was the despised family member of the whole series. Your best friend was awesome; I'm very sorry he passed away. I, too, lost a lot of friends, loved ones, and family members on the way during my years. It's why I wish we could go back to simpler times, that way we can see our loved ones again and play the best games with them. I hope to meet Sakurai one day and tell him, "Thank you for all of your hard work, Mr. Sakurai. Thank you for all the great times you and your team has brought to us for the past two decades. I love you from the bottom of my heart, and I hope to see you again." <3

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Mario was the character I'd always choose when it came to N64. I got Smash 64 after I beat Melee 100%, and it was a pretty good predecessor and beginning to the game, despite there being only 12 characters. Same with Melee, I always picked Mario, but my mains in Melee were Young Link, Dr. Mario, and Falco.

Super Smash Brothers never introduced me into anything because I already played almost every Nintendo game out there, and the only character's series I never got to play was Marth and Roy's. Never played a Fire Emblem game. Anyway, awesome story. :)

It's amazing how Sakurai, HAL Laboratory, and Nintendo did the best job at introducing the best video game characters to everyone. Hey, what can I say? Nintendo's been here since 1889 and always did their games right. Seeing the Brawl trailer show up at E3 2006 was ****ing insane. And guess what? It introduced third-parties the moment Snake lifted that box up and said, "SHOWTIME!" Off-topic: Nintendo will be turning 130 years old in September this year. Let's not forget its 130th birthday. :)

Yes, unlocking Mewtwo was one of the best days ever, but for me it was at night, so the best Melee night ever. That's not your top three, that's your holy trinity. ;)

I think you're the first Smash player that had no clue who anyone was at the time. Never in my days have I seen or heard someone not know who Mario is, but it looks like I've found my first. Those were the days back in my GameCube days... not having a memory chip. I remember playing Luigi's Mansion and I had to leave my GameCube on all night since I didn't have a memory card/chip. Thank goodness I got one later on. I'm glad you enjoyed the hell out of Brawl, especially since it was your first game. My first video game was Super Mario 64, and I still love it to this day.

It's never too old to stop gaming. My friend is 34 and still plays Halo with me, I also have another friend who's in his 50s and plays Xbox with me sometimes. :)

I, too, wish I could go back to my old Melee and Brawl days. 2001-2008 were like my prime years of gaming in Nintendo, and 2001-2012 were basically my prime years of gaming in general. It's amazing how games back in the '90s and early 2000s had better games compared to the games made today; those games also took more time during development.

Meta Knight. FFA. On 75m?! You aren't crazy, you are insane. Meta Knight basically has the high ground on that stage due to having a great recovery and being the best character in that game. Insane and crazy story, but I agree, good times. <3

Subspace Emissary is what really impacted a lot of Brawl's gamers. That story mode was probably the best thing that happened to Super Smash Brothers, and thank goodness we got another one.

I have all the Smash games, including the 3DS one. I couldn't wait another few months for the Wii U one, so I had to get the 3DS one. Smash 4 is actually my least favorite of the series for a few reasons, but I cannot explain why. But overall, the series is the best crossover in gaming his-- You know what? No, it IS the best crossover in history. Super Smash Brothers > Infinity War | Change my mind-- oh wait, you can't. Anyway, great story. :)

Seeing the trailer on the Smash Dojo where it showed Sonic in Brawl destroyed the internet that day; that day was insane and I couldn't believe my eyes. Was the game worth getting delayed for Sonic? Yes! Ah yes, 2010 and 2011... those were the years where I was playing my Wii and Halo 3 + Reach. By the way, off-topic, love your profile picture. lol

I remember playing Brawl at my friends' birthday parties during the time of the 2010s... my goodness, it was such a great time to be gaming in.

I agree, Brawl was the despised family member of the whole series. Your best friend was awesome; I'm very sorry he passed away. I, too, lost a lot of friends, loved ones, and family members on the way during my years. It's why I wish we could go back to simpler times, that way we can see our loved ones again and play the best games with them. I hope to meet Sakurai one day and tell him, "Thank you for all of your hard work, Mr. Sakurai. Thank you for all the great times you and your team has brought to us for the past two decades. I love you from the bottom of my heart, and I hope to see you again." <3
I think you may have beat my record for number of replies in one post :O

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
When I first played Smash I thought Link and Marth were from the same series, Snake was from a Nintendo game, and I couldn't tell you for the life of me what game Captain Falcon was from.

Back on topic, the Geno render from before was amazing, forgot to comment on it. I can only imagine what Nintendo would make him look like.

Hopefully we get a direct this week just so that Brave is revealed already. I know it'd make more sense for it to happen next month or even the one after, but I'm so impatient.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
When I first played Smash I thought Link and Marth were from the same series, Snake was from a Nintendo game, and I couldn't tell you for the life of me what game Captain Falcon was from.

Back on topic, the Geno render from before was amazing, forgot to comment on it. I can only imagine what Nintendo would make him look like.

Hopefully we get a direct this week just so that Brave is revealed already. I know it'd make more sense for it to happen next month or even the one after, but I'm so impatient.
Supposedly we're getting a Nindies soon, so no dice for this month.

D

Deleted member

Thanks, He was a pretty cool dude to this day I sometimes wish he was still around. Would've loved to experience the Smash 4 and Ultimate Hype cycle with him. Smash really brings people together look at Smashboards for example it's a website dedicated to Smash bros and it's still active and has a decent sized userbase. Smash is truly a Special game isn't it?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Man I really need to get around to playing Super Mario RPG again. It's been so long I basically forgotten everything. But hey at least it will feel like a fresh playthrough.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Just releasing a teaser or something isn't bad and can also make sense. Don't forget that Mewtwo for DLC was revealed like a month before Smash Wii U came out. Joker came a day before Ultimate, so showing their trailers early and waiting for them 2-3 months later is fine by me. It's better to reveal characters asap in case people want to buy or don't buy the fighters pass. We had to wait 3-4 months for Piranha Plant, so I'm honestly fine if they release a teaser for the next character this month, that way they'll come like in April or May. To me, Joker just feels like he's coming in March.

Piranha Plant is now complete, so I'm sure they're working hours on Joker and his stage. Back in the 50 fact extravaganza, Xander Mobus even said that Mewtwo took about a few months to complete. 5 characters by February 2020, so Piranha Plant in February, Joker in March, Brave in June, ????? in September, ????? in December, and ????? in February 2020. I think it could go by this, and depending on how hard a character takes to develop, they could be released in 4 months. If it was Geno, I think he'd take about 2-3 months to develop. Sakurai probably had a perfect moveset for him on his mind ever since Brawl, so if Brave really is Geno, Geno probably took quite a short time to develop.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Happy 20th anniversary bros. It’s awesome that we still have this amazing series and it’s going to get even better from here out. Here’s to another 20!
Happy 20th Isaacbro! Here's to hoping our dream characters will be realized :)

On another note, can you guys imagine an Isaac-Geno fanbase tag team? Pushing for our characters together might get both of our guys in, especially since we may very well be the two biggest fanbases for most wanted characters.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
I think it would be cool
I thought so, too. Practically everyone who knows what Golden Sun is thinks Isaac should be in Smash.

For another, Geno has been consistently among the most wanted characters for Smash since Brawl, and I think that both fanbases have garnered enough support to stand out among the rest.

The problem is that not everyone from Isaac's fanbase wants Geno in, and I wouldn't want whoever the start of a hypothetical tag team is to be blamed for a divide in a fanbase. I would say that the issue goes both ways, but c'mon, everyone wants Isaac in Smash.

D

Deleted member

I thought so, too. Practically everyone who knows what Golden Sun is thinks Isaac should be in Smash.

For another, Geno has been consistently among the most wanted characters for Smash since Brawl, and I think that both fanbases have garnered enough support to stand out among the rest.

The problem is that not everyone from Isaac's fanbase wants Geno in, and I wouldn't want whoever the start of a hypothetical tag team is to be blamed for a divide in a fanbase. I would say that the issue goes both ways, but c'mon, everyone wants Isaac in Smash.
This is what I was thinking too, and it does feel incomplete having Isaac simply as an assist. I ain't losing hope in Geno getting in, wave 1 DLC, future DLC, or the next Smash game, and while I personally don't think Isaac will be in wave 1, I hope he gets upgraded to playable. I could see him getting into a wave 2 or future Smash game though.

I think it would be cool either way. There are a few from each side who don't want the other character, and that's how it's going to be like with any character, but Geno and Isaac fans have had a notable bond imo

Ovaltine

Smash Master
This is what I was thinking too, and it does feel incomplete having Isaac simply as an assist. I ain't losing hope in Geno getting in, wave 1 DLC, future DLC, or the next Smash game, and while I personally don't think Isaac will be in wave 1, I hope he gets upgraded to playable. I could see him getting into a wave 2 or future Smash game though.

I think it would be cool either way. There are a few from each side who don't want the other character, and that's how it's going to be like with any character, but Geno and Isaac fans have had a notable bond imo
I know right?!

You know what, I'm feeling pumped. Geno and Isaac fans have really got each other's backs. We've been tied for so long, and I think with our numbers, we can do anything.

Let's do this.

Golden Stars, RISE!

D

Deleted member

I know right?!

You know what, I'm feeling pumped. Geno and Isaac fans have really got each other's backs. We've been tied for so long, and I think with our numbers, we can do anything.

Let's do this.

Golden Stars, RISE!
I'm REALLY liking this now.

RISE

D

Deleted member

I know right?!

Let's do this.

Golden Stars, RISE!
Such a cheesy name, I love it. if we get an Alliance with the Golden boy's I don't think there's anything we can't do. Us being the last of the original big three requests and Isaac likely moving into the "New big three" Along with Banjo I don't think there's anything we can't do.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Have any of you heard any rumors about a Direct on the 24th? This was brought to attention on the Brave thread.

Yeah, I've been thinking that there isn't any competition at all...except between fans, because not everyone wants older characters, as other fans want modern characters.

Such a cheesy name, I love it. if we get an Alliance with the Golden boy's I don't think there's anything we can't do. Us being the last of the original big three requests and Isaac likely moving into the "New big three" Along with Banjo I don't think there's anything we can't do.
Operation Golden Starfall, how about that?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Have any of you heard any rumors about a Direct on the 24th? This was brought to attention on the Brave thread.

Yeah, I've been thinking that there isn't any competition at all...except between fans, because not everyone wants older characters, as other fans want modern characters.

Operation Golden Starfall, how about that?
Operation Golden Starfall deluxe and knuckles featuring Ninten from mother 1 and all new funky mode 2; electric sansaloo /s

For real though, Operation Golden Starfall is a fine name.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Operation Golden Starfall deluxe and knuckles featuring Ninten from mother 1 and all new funky mode 2; electric sansaloo /s

For real though, Operation Golden Starfall is a fine name.
It really is.

A campaign to really make us shoot for the stars.

Bonus: Banjos and kazoos make up our theme song.

Bonus-bonus: Also a slide whistle because I can, not even any symbolic reasoning behind it.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
It'd be the first tag-team fanbase ever and would no doubt be ambitious. I wonder if it'd work (if someone does start it and it works, I get credit for starting the discussion :p).

I think it'd be best to call the group "Goldstars" just for simplicity.

D

Deleted member

If we're gonna make the group and all we're gonna need a thread and to inform the other half of this possible team-up So if anyone wants to do that they could.

Edit: Ironically enough after I finish Super Mario RPG (Restarted the game but am half way through) I'm planning on playing Golden Sun.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Whoever asks (if anyone) should be someone who has pretty excellent knowledge on both characters.

Also I call dibs on the thread title (edited because I thought of more):

"Support thread for the one and only... wait, two?! Isaac and Geno unite to fight!"

"It's a team effort, now: Isaac and Geno make their mark!"

"The collective conscious is given life; Isaac and Geno for Smash!"

Last edited:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Well, if Square can merge with a company, so can we!

Call us... THE ˆßååç-♡♪!?-∫å˜∆ø ALLIANCE! But it's hard to pronounce, so we'll just go with the Golden-Star-Backpack Alliance.
Not going to lie, "Golden Star" actually sounds like an actual company name.
During the time Brawl was out, their was a popular animation on Newgrounds and Youtube called Bowser's Kingdom and it had Geno in it and he was very cool. There was one video where he finds out he isn't in the roster and decides to blow up Japan from space because of that. That could have sparked some of Geno's popularity for Smash.
Holy ****, I remember watching that series on Newgrounds so many years ago. Geno made me laugh my ass off when he roasted Pit and Lucas. Same with Ganondorf, he would also make me laugh so hard because of his temper and deep voice... I mean, his voice is even deeper than Jon's from GameXplain.

I'll even post an old video of Geno from Smash Kingdom in here. I also consider this to be Geno's headcanon voice, and Datboigeno Datboigeno , whenever you say something in chat, I always think to myself that you sound just like this. lol
(Language Warning)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Call us... THE ˆßååç-♡♪!?-∫å˜∆ø ALLIANCE! But it's hard to pronounce, so we'll just go with the Golden-Star-Backpack Alliance.

Holy ****, I remember watching that series on Newgrounds so many years ago. Geno made me laugh my *** off when he roasted Pit and Lucas. Same with Ganondorf, he would also make me laugh so hard because of his temper and deep voice... I mean, his voice is even deeper than Jon's from GameXplain.

I'll even post an old video of Geno from Smash Kingdom in here. I also consider this to be Geno's headcanon voice, and Datboigeno Datboigeno , whenever you say something in chat, I always think to myself that you sound just like this. lol
(Language Warning)

Yeah, the guy behind Super Slapstick Bros. even referenced that specific video in one of his drawings.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
A dream team spanning across three fanbases, would it even work? I think starting with one would be best, no offense to either fanbase.

Although ambitious, I think that maybe combining fanbases might actually be the start of something. I'm not talking things like "General [insert series here] Support Group", but a way to effectively send a message such that we catch Sakurai's eye, more than we ever would alone.

In any case, I think we should ask Isaac's first. Isaac's fanbase is massive and we're usually more than cordial towards each other. The combined might of arguably two of the biggest support groups out there would inevitably grab the attention of some big names. Spreading the word is definitely the way to go. Besides, the worst that could happen is they say no, so I think it's worth asking. Hopefully the Geno hatebase doesn't tag along to say "Geno fans are trying to piggyback of Isaac's popularity lol don't @ me you know it's true".

I nominate Ovaltine Ovaltine to ask because she's inherently un-dislikeable and extremely persuasive. Her dedication to her cause, proven via Operation: Starfall, I feel makes her more than qualified to represent us as a whole.

We could accomplish great things, but do you think Isaac's support group would be on board?

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Man it is seriously crazy that Smash Bros. turns 20 today. As one of may people who started playing the series with the 64 version back when I was 9 it's pretty insane to see how it's grown from a fun party game celebrating popular Nintendo characters to what has essentially become a Hall of Fame for video game characters period. Like many Smash is how I discovered franchises like Earthbound and Fire Emblem which are now some of my favorites, and I totally remember the feeling of joy and accomplishment when I finally unlocked Mewtwo in Melee. As a fan of all these years it's been pretty incredible to play SSBU with friends who had once dropped the series back in Melee and Brawl and see us all really into it. One of my best friends is moving across the country for a medical fellowship this summer and although it's sad we've also spent hours and hours practicing together and pushing one another to be better. For that alone SSBU will maintain a special place for me out of all the games. Even besides that though it's great to see all these characters I'd once dreamed of playing like Megaman, K. Rool, and Ridley now fully playable. My fingers are still crossed for our boy Geno to make it in somehow, but even if that doesn't happen in this game I will always hold out hope that his time will come. Thank you everyone here for the daily conversation, debates, sharing of art, and funny posts. I appreciate all of you.

Holy ****, I remember watching that series on Newgrounds so many years ago. Geno made me laugh my *** off when he roasted Pit and Lucas. Same with Ganondorf, he would also make me laugh so hard because of his temper and deep voice... I mean, his voice is even deeper than Jon's from GameXplain.

(Language Warning)

This is accurate, because like Geno I too am awesome.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Thought I'd share something Mr. Sakurai said about Smash's 20th birthday today. He always brings a smile to my face. :)

"Smash Brothers is 20 years old today! Over these 20 years, I've seen so many people enjoy this series in so many ways – at home, at hangouts, at conventions, even in business offices! Development has always been hard on me, but I'm supremely happy. Thank you so much for playing."
-Masahiro Sakurai

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
A dream team spanning across three fanbases, would it even work? I think starting with one would be best, no offense to either fanbase.

Although ambitious, I think that maybe combining fanbases might actually be the start of something. I'm not talking things like "General [insert series here] Support Group", but a way to effectively send a message such that we catch Sakurai's eye, more than we ever would alone.

In any case, I think we should ask Isaac's first. Isaac's fanbase is massive and we're usually more than cordial towards each other. The combined might of arguably two of the biggest support groups out there would inevitably grab the attention of some big names. Spreading the word is definitely the way to go. Besides, the worst that could happen is they say no, so I think it's worth asking. Hopefully the Geno hatebase doesn't tag along to say "Geno fans are trying to piggyback of Isaac's popularity lol don't @ me you know it's true".

I nominate Ovaltine Ovaltine to ask because she's inherently un-dislikeable and extremely persuasive. Her dedication to her cause, proven via Operation: Starfall, I feel makes her more than qualified to represent us as a whole.

We could accomplish great things, but do you think Isaac's support group would be on board?
Lets make sure not to put too much stress on Ovaltine Ovaltine though. Running one movement alone has got to be a bit stressful.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Not Ovaltine (obviously) but I think Isaac people would be extremely receptive towards the idea.

Hell, it even happened, albeit in a more unofficial manner, during the happy times before Nov 1.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Lets make sure not to put too much stress on Ovaltine Ovaltine though. Running one movement alone has got to be a bit stressful.
Aww, Earl, thank you. I will admit that it is rather stressful, honestly, and to be fair... I'm not nearly as familiar with Isaac as I am with Geno. I love Isaac's fans and I hope GS gets a revival, Isaac gets in Smash, and so on, but I've never played a Golden Sun game in my life. I hardly feel so qualified to unite the two, haha! I think someone with better passion and knowledge for both Geno and Isaac would best represent a potential unity.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, and she's taking Geno's chances incredibly seriously as it is, never mind two characters.

In any case, there does need to be the perfect candidate, someone who knows the ins and outs of SMRPG and Golden Sun.

...And that won't be me, since I haven't gotten around to GS yet. Besides, I'm more of an equal-opportunity type of person.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Agreed. In the past being apart of an Operation before Starfall was already incredibly stressful so I can't imagine how Stressed She has to be doing all this for Starfall so no offense to her by all means she seems like a great and kind person, but I don't think it should be her as that's just too much for one person to handle. I would do it but I haven't played GS yet and I don't know the in's of Smashboards like others do.

edit: Also This probably won't happen but what if instead of having one Thread runner we have Two? One who knows SMRPG Really well and one who knows Golden Sun really well. Would be difficult to properly manage what leader does what but if we can't find someone who knows both really well or can't find someone to step up it might be worth a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom