• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
What bias, m8? I'm just some random person who joined the forums this summer and have been in this thread since then. I'm just pointing out that from what I've observed nothing thus far that PolarPanda PolarPanda has done has been sketch so I don't really understand where the specific skepticism towards him is cropping up from. Bias goes both way m8. It can also entice unwarranted criticism and accusations if someone is saying things you don't necessarily agree with.
Generral, not specific.
Dont need something or someone to be sketch in order to be skeptical.

I have faith in people, but that doesn't mean I trust everything they say or do. Especially because I know everyone is biased.

Last edited:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Frankly, I'm very sure that's the case. It's challenger pack 1 of the FIghter's Pass, meaning the first of the five included in said pass.

That being said, what Sakurai said about doing a lot with this Smash Bros. sounds like very good news to me. I wouldn't be surprised if he did more DLC for Smash, even if it isn't necessarily another 'Fighter's Pass'. It's easier on him and his team, he satisfies more people, he markets for the Switch and its long lifespan ahead, etc. It's better than Nintendo pitting him to make a new Smash game ASAP, and he seems a lot happier doing it.
I'm not so sure about that - "Challenger Pack 1" seems like it could possibly be referring to the pack of the new character, the stage and music that comes with them, and anything else that might be included. (Spirits? Hopefully the spirits for any new series are included with the DLC instead of being limited-time events)

We'll see when the next DLC character is announced, if they're referred to using "Challenger Pack 2" or not.
I believe Challenger Pack 1 refers to the character, so whenever the 2nd DLC character is announced, it'll be Challenger Pack 2.

If there will be a 2nd wave for DLC, all that matters is if Sakurai is choosing the DLC. We NEED Sakurai to choose the DLC, because he'll definitely do the right choices and pull off good fan service picks for a 2nd wave. If the rest of the DLC for the 1st wave are awful decisions, then Nintendo choosing the 2nd wave won't be a good thing. My opinion: I think Sakurai should've been choosing the DLC from the start, because it is HIS game after all.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, at least the Joker fans won't be left hanging until Smash 6. Sakurai having less freedom after the previous successful game tells me that the new guys running things have no idea how he usually operates and don't entirely trust his judgement. With any luck, if this batch is successful enough, they'll give him carte blanche on anyone else to add.

In any case, I got a theory; Pauline's been gaining enough momentum in popularity to add her in MTA after release, so it stands to reason they might try to have her upgraded from background cameo later on. We really had only one unique Mario newcomer so far (sorry :ultdaisy:), so she's the only choice besides Geno that would make sense to add readily (unless the stance on Toads changes drastically enough to allow Cap'n and/or Toadette, though as it stands that's doubtful).

Last edited:

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
I believe Challenger Pack 1 refers to the character, so whenever the 2nd DLC character is announced, it'll be Challenger Pack 2.

If there will be a 2nd wave for DLC, all that matters is if Sakurai is choosing the DLC. We NEED Sakurai to choose the DLC, because he'll definitely do the right choices and pull off good fan service picks for a 2nd wave. If the rest of the DLC for the 1st wave are awful decisions, then Nintendo choosing the 2nd wave won't be a good thing. My opinion: I think Sakurai should've been choosing the DLC from the start, because it is HIS game after all.
Yeah, Challenger Pack (1 CH, 1 STAGE, Some Music) is different that Fighter Pass 1

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
In regards to people not trusting me, there's not much more I can do. I've shared my main source's NoA confidentials with numerous older members here such as Indecisive Fisher or Fatmanonice. I can only share personal information with so many people... My ties are not fake. Now, what I will say is, there's a possibility that I hear something going around that ends up being fake. But my source works for NoA regardless. I'm not a fake leaker.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
In regards to people not trusting me, there's not much more I can do. I've shared my main source's NoA confidentials with numerous older members here such as Indecisive Fisher or Fatmanonice. I can only share personal information with so many people... My ties are not fake. Now, what I will say is, there's a possibility that I hear something going around that ends up being fake. But my source works for NoA regardless. I'm not a fake leaker.
Honestly, people need to take it easy with you. I can only imagine the pressure you have on you with eyes watching and constantly waiting, hoping for info. I understand people being skeptical of the information itself (as I can be, tempering expectations), as even the truest leakers end up getting tricked, but that's not their fault. I trust you and your source for being legitimate. If you hear something, you hear something, and it's not random stuff being spread without purpose.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
I hope it didn’t appear that I don’t trust you, because I do. I think just right now I’m very skeptical of 99% of the information everyone’s getting because I’m wary of getting whiplash like I did with the Grinch Leak.

D

Deleted member

We trust you :)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You are the only leaker that I trust 100%. That's not something that I usually say, when it comes to these matters. I have more reason to distrust anything that comes from the Chans.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
After what you did for us, I will always trust you. You and your source are incredible, especially since you don't hesitate to tell us the details. You and your source get straight to the point, which is what I like! I really miss talking to you a lot more, and it's unfortunate that you have a lot on your hands. When the DLC is over, please talk to us more often again; I don't care if it's Smash related or not, I'd still love to have a good talk with you. :)

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Well, at least the Joker fans won't be left hanging until Smash 6. Sakurai having less freedom after the previous successful game tells me that the new guys running things have no idea how he usually operates and don't entirely trust his judgement. With any luck, if this batch is successful enough, they'll give him carte blanche on anyone else to add.

In any case, I got a theory; Pauline's been gaining enough momentum in popularity to add her in MTA after release, so it stands to reason they might try to have her upgraded from background cameo later on. We really had only one unique Mario newcomer so far (sorry :ultdaisy:), so she's the only choice besides Geno that would make sense to add readily (unless the stance on Toads changes drastically enough to allow Cap'n and/or Toadette, though as it stands that's doubtful).
Aren't you forgetting someWAHn?
Really though; Waluigi is the closest thing to a shoe in for whatever the next Smash will be.

D

Deleted member

Really though; Waluigi is the closest thing to a shoe in for whatever the next Smash will be.
Waluigi is definitely getting into Smash 6 if not DLC. It's kind of the same scenario with Ridley in which he was such a meme they had to add him in.

The man lacks mainline Mario game clearance.
He lacks mainline clearance, but technically so does Daisy if you don't count Super Mario Land. I think people will recognize Waluigi at this point where his fandom grew exponentially, and it'll be a great way for Sakurai to tap into the crazy spinoff games.

Last edited by a moderator:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I know, I just kept the AT roadblock in mind is all.

The only one I ACTUALLY forgot is Birdo. :p

The man lacks mainline Mario game clearance.
Waluigi is definitely getting into Smash 6 if not DLC. It's kind of the same scenario with Ridley in which he was such a meme they had to add him in.

He lacks mainline clearance, but technically so does Daisy if you don't count Super Mario Land. I think people will recognize Waluigi, and it'll be a great way for Sakurai to tap into the crazy spinoff games.
Even a mobile game is enough to count (hello Super Mario Run). If meme power doesn't work, Waluigi will only happen if Camelot gets merged with one of the other dev divisions at the rate things are going.

Besides, he needs a stage for the glory that is Waluigi Pinball. Luckily we do got a Mario Party song, so that's a start.

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Meme power; my dude.
No. It doesn't work that way. Ridley and K. Rool had far more than just meme power. You're missing out on serious research if you think that's all it takes.
He lacks mainline clearance, but technically so does Daisy if you don't count Super Mario Land.
The thing is. Super Mario Land does count. Game's even been re-released on the 3DS, and Nintendo still clearly acknowledges it and Daisy.

Heck, Nintendo apparently also consider Super Mario Run canon too, in which Daisy is playable.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No. It doesn't work that way. Ridley and K. Rool had far more than just meme power. You're missing out on serious research if you think that's all it takes.

The thing is. Super Mario Land does count. Game's even been re-released on the 3DS, and Nintendo still clearly acknowledges it and Daisy.

Heck, Nintendo apparently also consider Super Mario Run canon too, in which Daisy is playable.
Interesting. I will say that Smash Bros does inherently reference Mario spinoffs. I mean for starters, Waluigi is in the game as an assist trophy. There's also Mario Kart stages and Mario spinoff music from golf, party, tennis, you name it. Since Mario has tapped into its bottom of the barrel for characters, even putting Bowser Jr in, the question is could Waluigi be the first spinoff character in Smash Bros? Given how the only real popular choice now for Mario is either Geno or Toad, Waluigi's chances are now fairly reasonable. Everything is laid out for him. He can have a unique moveset, people want him, and he represents Mario spinoffs, which is very important for the series.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Interesting. I will say that Smash Bros does inherently reference Mario spinoffs. I mean for starters, Waluigi is in the game as an assist trophy. There's also Mario Kart stages and Mario spinoff music from golf, party, tennis, you name it. Since Mario has tapped into its bottom of the barrel for characters, even putting Bowser Jr in, the question is could Waluigi be the first spinoff character in Smash Bros? Given how the only real popular choice now for Mario is either Geno or Toad, Waluigi's chances are now fairly reasonable. Everything is laid out for him. He can have a unique moveset, people want him, and he represents Mario spinoffs, which is very important for the series.
You could even argue how PP represents the spin-offs' strange habit of having regular enemies become playable (a tradition that started all the way back with Super Mario Kart on SNES, in which Koopa was one of the racers).

The biggest thing Wah has going for him is that his body frame is unlike the other plumbers/jacks-of-all-trades, since he's too lanky to simply be made an Echo. The minute he's considered, that'll be a huge event.

D

Deleted member

Hi I’m connor I’m come from the shantae thread and wanna support you guys of course he’s a spirit but I’m still on the belief that spirits do NOT 100% deconfirm fighters I mean cmon it’s super unlikely to deconfirm 1302 spirits including river survival that would make a great fighter anyway put me in

And PolarPanda PolarPanda i trust you and your sources along with Fatmanonice Fatmanonice (Popeye) and I really hope the rumors about geno are true because he is such a fun and BRAVE character an it would put an end to that “SpIrItS dEcOnFiRm!” Argument I really can’t stand it and it’s really getting old. anyways I trust you:)

D

Deleted member

Hi I’m connor I’m come from the shantae thread and wanna support you guys of course he’s a spirit but I’m still on the belief that spirits do NOT 100% deconfirm fighters I mean cmon it’s super unlikely to deconfirm 1302 spirits including river survival that would make a great fighter anyway put me in

And PolarPanda PolarPanda i trust you and your sources along with Fatmanonice Fatmanonice (Popeye) and I really hope the rumors about geno are true because he is such a fun and BRAVE character an it would put an end to that “SpIrItS dEcOnFiRm!” Argument I really can’t stand it and it’s really getting old. anyways I trust you:)
Hellooo :)

ZelDan

Smash Master

I mean, if the fighter's pass ends up having a large third party focus then they could definitely fill in the other 4 slots even with 1302 characters potentially deconfirmed via spirits.

By all means spirits might NOT deconfirm in the end and believe I'd love to see it be the case (I've been a supporter of characters like Elma and Geno), but I do think it is a very real possibility that should not be ignored. At this point I'm waiting to see what the next DLC fighter or two are before I make any judgements.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!

1302 characters being deconfirmed seems very ridiculous to me, I doubt Sakurai and his team would do that. So many amazing characters are spirits, and it would really just limit the developers' creativity in the end.

D

Deleted member

I mean, if the fighter's pass ends up having a large third party focus then they could definitely fill in the other 4 slots even with 1302 characters potentially deconfirmed via spirits.

By all means spirits might NOT deconfirm in the end and believe I'd love to see it be the case (I've been a supporter of characters like Elma and Geno), but I do think it is a very real possibility that should not be ignored. At this point I'm waiting to see what the next DLC fighter or two are before I make any judgements.
Well there could be more dlc I doubt we get just one pass with only 5 fighters after Nintendos presidents said this
https://gamerant.com/nintendo-future-games-more-dlc/
https://m.ign.com/articles/2018/10/30/nintendo-president-wants-more-dlc-for-existing-big-titles

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Well, Polar’s leak happened, good enough for me.

I'm pretty trusting of the Nindies direct being next week. It fits some things and it would mean that a regular direct is in early feb, as nindies are always around them. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Aw man, a Nindies Direct? Those are always so lame! I want something with real meat.

D

Deleted member

Well, Polar’s leak happened, good enough for me.

Aw man, a Nindies Direct? Those are always so lame! I want something with real meat.
I know. some of the users in the shantae thread thought and indie rep would get announced during the 8.28 one (shantae of course) but that would just overshadow most of the small titles no smash just indies

But with a nindies happening that just means a direct will happen the week after that.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I know. some of the users in the shantae thread thought and indie rep would get announced during the 8.28 one (shantae of course) but that would just overshadow most of the small titles no smash just indies

But with a nindies happening that just means a direct will happen the week after that.
Well that was never gonna happen. I remember people saying that, but it always sounded extra silly to me.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace

Yeah, they'll count it because Mario Run is actually considered to be part of the Super Mario series, despite it being a mobile game. It was confirmed that all Mario games are surprisingly canon, so what gets me is... where is Isle Delfino, the Beanbean Kingdom, and Sarasaland in Super Mario Odyssey? Some say their islands are too small to be seen on the map, but I find that bonkers because Isle Delfino is on the globe and I think it's about the same size as the Beanbean Kingdom. To be honest, I think the Beanbean Kingdom could even be bigger than Isle Delfino, but remember that there were other islands besides Isle Delfino, so I wonder where they went. Now I just get the feeling the sizes of the kingdoms on the globe are inaccurate and are enlarged so we can see them.

I believe the canon Princess Peach's Castle is the one from Super Mario 64, basically any similar to the SM64 one, like the one in Odyssey. I know this is off-topic, but Peach's castle from Super Mario 64 was the coolest thing ever and blew my mind as a child. SM64 was the first video game I ever played, so experiencing it and the castle for the first time was amazing. They also did the "smaller on the outside but bigger on the inside" magic, like they do in cartoons; the castle was big on the outside, but the castle was MASSIVE on the inside.
I'd be shocked if they didnt do a season 2 of DLC.
Considering that this is the ULTIMATE Smash Brothers and soon to be the most sold Switch and Super Smash Brothers game, I'd also be surprised if they didn't do a season 2 of DLC.

MattX20

Smash Hero
My first game was Super Mario All Stars featuring Super Mario World on the SNES and also got Mortal Kombat 3 at the same time with it as a kid. The SNES was my first game console, and still my favorite to this day

Last edited:

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
I think Geno should come with a stage
If he's one of the DLC characters, it's basically guaranteed that he'll get a stage with music tracks. If Geno doesn't make it in the 1st wave of DLC, the only thing holding him back to being a DLC character is probably because of his stage and music tracks.

It depends on how many music tracks Joker will get with his stage. Dracula's Castle got 34 music tracks, but we have no clue how many Joker's stage will get, and I presume there will be about 10-25 music tracks for his stage. If we do get 10-25 music tracks for his stage, then DLC characters should include that average amount. I think Geno's stage would include around 10-20 music tracks; some of these tracks should also include other fan-favorite Mario RPG soundtracks in his pack to represent the other Mario RPG games as well, like these for example:
Attack of the Koopa Bros. - PM64
Keeping Pace - PM64
Rawk Hawk - TTYD
Doopliss - TTYD
Battle Theme - TTYD
The Ultimate Show - Super Paper Mario
Gooper Blooper - Sticker Star

Battle - Partners in Time
Boss Battle - Partners in Time
The Final Antasma Battle - Dream Team
Fawful & Cackletta - Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions (In my opinion, I think the remake did this one better than the original.)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
>"I want to do as much as I can with Smash Ultimate!"
>only finishes the fighter pass

Which would be extremely silly unless he focused on doing a Home Run Contest for everyone, or something. I mean, the guy is at awe at what other companies are doing, and all, so why not try to keep up with them?

In any case, there are limits as to expecting which characters could be upgraded, since ones like Yakuman and the Personal Trainer: Cooking chef sure wouldn't happen.

Well that was never gonna happen. I remember people saying that, but it always sounded extra silly to me.
Yeah if you want to reveal her just save her for a Nintendo/smash direct
I blame the stupid "one more thing" at the end. If they really needed to do that, it could have been saved for announcing something seemingly impossible, like a Cuphead port or something.

Speaking of indies, I'm actually psyched for Oniken and Odallus finally coming to consoles, so I bet that'll be brought up in the forthcoming Nindies.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
There's nothing that proves the Enix rep needs to be the next reveal. Now.
This, which is what has annoyed me the most when I've suggested Brave might not be Erdrick and have had people jump all over me for it. Current intel still says that Erdrick's very likely, but literally nothing says he's Brave or even the Second Fighter pass. It's like the "Square Enix" thing. People swore up and down that it would be the first because of all the information we had but, lo and behold, it's been 7 months and still nothing. For all we know Erdrick could be last because Nintendo has obviously been holding on to this card longer than we as fans waited for the base game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom