• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

It really could be something entirely different. Leak speculation is the only reason the focus has been on SE, I think.

Sans? Why? Or are you joking.. ;p
Well, after Joker, I think Sans is more likely (lol) and I think he fits the stats of brave, and has (I think) a more indirect connection to brave that it isn't super obvious that it is him just by looking at the name.

I hope it's Geno though, but I wouldn't mind Sans being a DLC character

Last edited by a moderator:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Okay what is with random people coming in and being super patronizing just because some of us said Brave might be Geno? Like really it’s just a guess same as anyone else’s and is going off of the data available. Is it now sacrilege to say Brave might not be Erdrick or something? People used to admonish us all the time for being an echochamber regarding Geno but tbh lately it feels like you can’t say anything resembling the notion that the SE character might not be Erdrick without people throwing a fit and listing off 3 paragraphs of reasons why it totally is Erdrick and you’re a deluded fool. Literally no one but SE knows for sure who this character is. Brave could be Erdrick as a very unconventional small swordsman whose data is significantly different than all other swordsmen in the game or it could just not be Erdrick. And if it’s not Erdrick there’s the possibility that it might be Geno. I don’t think that last idea is so taboo that people need to come into the thread and “Um no sweety...” us about it.
..holy CRAP that is literally what I'm dealing with in the papagenos papagenos leak speculation thread up until recently and still a little bit.

Over here and in other places, there is debate and speculation across multiple reps, but it took me bringing up counterpoints and being slandered by people who think they are more intelligent before the discussion has been moved in a slight different bit of direction. When I challenge them to think differently, it's nothing but being mocked by multiple people and repeating myself until they leave the chat temporarily.

For example, they pinned this from a dude called MintPepsi:

Erdrick's class name literally translates to brave. DQ3 is also Sakurai's favorite Dragon Quest as he says it brings him back to the good old days. DQ11S is also a Switch exclusive. Erdrick has enough popularity in Japan alone to surpass Sora's worldwide popularity, putting him in Smash would finally make Dragon Quest break through into the west. Not to mention that he's been heavily rumored by multiple insiders
And I put up multiple counterpoints to each, like how it could be referring to a brave warrior like Lloyd or that Sora's Valor Drive is called Brave Stance in Japan and how the stats favor him more than Adult or Kid Eddy, how just because the first two codenames were easy to figure out doesn't mean this one is (as the first two had been revealed to the public already) or that Brave could not be tied to anything directly at all. I'm not going to go into all the counterpoints here, but I had a lot, and I was either reduced to a 'bias Eddy/DQ hater' a 'geno fanboy' or 'insert degraded version of my argument made for mocking here.'

They are convinced that it will be Kid Edrick with some spells to cast and other weapons, but the stats don't support that all that well, do they? They use the height and weight as the only real argument and say that 'since he has all these things going for him, he is definitely the most likely' when in reality, their arguments are flawed and trash-tier and this build up of positives is not only not properly contrasted with negatives, but this is literally what we have done for MONTHS with multiple SE reps, but NOW since THEY do it for Eddy it's proof he's gonna be in?

God, I wanna smack my head against the wall until I can understand them but this RV isn't mine.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I'm just saying, the stats don't seem to add up with what separate groups of people are saying. Some say he's coming as the adult, yet the stats suggest that it's actually his kid form. I have no idea who is right or wrong about this.
The height stat is a mess so I don’t lend credence to that. If you do, then there’s the possibility of Erdrick having a Wolf-like stance and thus being short. It could also be kid Erdrick, I guess.

Personally I’m leaning towards adult Erdrick.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
..holy CRAP that is literally what I'm dealing with in the papagenos papagenos leak speculation thread up until recently and still a little bit.

Over here and in other places, there is debate and speculation across multiple reps, but it took me bringing up counterpoints and being slandered by people who think they are more intelligent before the discussion has been moved in a slight different bit of direction. When I challenge them to think differently, it's nothing but being mocked by multiple people and repeating myself until they leave the chat temporarily.

For example, they pinned this from a dude called MintPepsi:

And I put up multiple counterpoints to each, like how it could be referring to a brave warrior like Lloyd or that Sora's Valor Drive is called Brave Stance in Japan and how the stats favor him more than Adult or Kid Eddy, how just because the first two codenames were easy to figure out doesn't mean this one is (as the first two had been revealed to the public already) or that Brave could not be tied to anything directly at all. I'm not going to go into all the counterpoints here, but I had a lot, and I was either reduced to a 'bias Eddy/DQ hater' a 'geno fanboy' or 'insert degraded version of my argument made for mocking here.'

They are convinced that it will be Kid Edrick with some spells to cast and other weapons, but the stats don't support that all that well, do they? They use the height and weight as the only real argument and say that 'since he has all these things going for him, he is definitely the most likely' when in reality, their arguments are flawed and trash-tier and this build up of positives is not only not properly contrasted with negatives, but this is literally what we have done for MONTHS with multiple SE reps, but NOW since THEY do it for Eddy it's proof he's gonna be in?

God, I wanna smack my head against the wall until I can understand them but this RV isn't mine.
I assume you mean my discord, terribly sorry about that...its tough for geno fans right now. the geno rollercoaster has always had its ups and downs with how the overall community reacts to "wanting geno in smash", hopefully things turn around again before the end.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Guys correct me if I'm wrong but don't stats change? I remember reading somewhere that when Piranha Plant's stats were initially datamined, its stats were different than what they are as of late. Perhaps these are just placeholder stats.

etano

Smash Cadet
Guys correct me if I'm wrong but don't stats change? I remember reading somewhere that when Piranha Plant's stats were initially datamined, its stats were different than what they are as of late. Perhaps these are just placeholder stats.
Yeah, pretty sure that is true. I feel like I read that somewhere too. Maybe I am reading to much into this and take a break.

D

Deleted member

PP's stats didn't change dramatically though. Mizumi, the dataminer, put PP's stats over Bowser Junior and had a set concept: slow but with ridiculous range. The concept of brave - a child sized floaty zoner who slides quite a bit - is unlikely to change dramatically

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
At first I was thinking Brave could be Lloyd but after that data was better described by Fatmanonice Fatmanonice Brave seems way too short. It could totally be something else though.
There's a side of me that Erdrick could be coming later but I think there's a lot of inconsistencies that make me doubt Brave is Erdrick. Stats aside, the big one is all the credible leakers saying it's the adult Erdrick with the female ALT and I can't see it with the stats we've gotten with Brave. Joker is super easy to visual with his stats, same with Pirhana Plant. "Brave" is very ambiguous.

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
I don't see why they'd even add Kid Erdrick. His adult form is immensely more recognizable and prominent, and scaling Erdrick down to be smaller than Luigi seems unnecessary when they could make him a bit shorter than Roy with no problem at all.

D

Deleted member

"I am Culex, Dark Knight of Vanda!"

Culex is bull****. Everytime I revive Geno or Mario the crystals defeat them

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
I think I might have an idea as to who Brave is.

Brave may, in fact, be Mike Jones from Startropics.

Hear me out for a sec here.

He'd have a lot of mid-range projectiles at his disposal, making him more of a zoner, likely be short and decently heavy due to his overall build as a kid, and his floatyness comes from his psychic powers.

Why the Brave codename? Simple - as of this point, Startropics has been exclusive to America - home of the Brave.

or not who knows at this point

etano

Smash Cadet

He'd have a lot of mid-range projectiles at his disposal, making him more of a zoner, likely be short and decently heavy due to his overall build as a kid, and his floatyness comes from his psychic powers.

Why the Brave codename? Simple - as of this point, Startropics has been exclusive to America - home of the Brave.

That is actually extremely smart. It does make a lot of sense. Good thinking!

D

Deleted member

Does he slide quite a bit?

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041

Startropics rep? In my Smash bros? It’s more likely than you think.

I would love Mike Jones in Smash honestly

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
No tether.
No crawl.
No walljump/cling.
No rapid jab.
Classified as medium sized. (I don't know what this parameter does.)
Cannot float in the air (2 jumps).
Character doesn't seem to be metal. (There's a "skin" type parameter that seems to make characters spark when hit.)

View attachment 186724

https://puu.sh/CtLjZ.jpg
If anyone wants a complete list of Brave's stats to look at, Untouch took the liberty of screencapping all of them.

Does he slide quite a bit?
Movement in Startropics was tile-based on a top-down grid a la Zelda 1, so their movement would like have to be adapted liberally.
ACTUALLY Mike's a baseball player, one of his main weapons is his baseball bat, so yeah he might actually to reference that

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I assume you mean my discord, terribly sorry about that...its tough for geno fans right now. the geno rollercoaster has always had its ups and downs with how the overall community reacts to "wanting geno in smash", hopefully things turn around again before the end.
There is no need to apologize, you aren't responsible for what people in your Discord server do. You can't control them, though I will admit it's been frustrating trying to voice anything that's not Erdrick in there. This is what happens when you cover stuff as big as Smash speculation: you will get people who hang around for the speculation cycle who don't even care about the content creator, and they tend to be...well, let's just say they aren't the most pleasant folk. Then they leave when the speculation ends, I just figured a lot of them would have bailed by now, but on the plus side many of them stay because they love your content...so, you know, bonus!

Once again, not on you at all. Still love your content btw, Smash related or not.

-----------------------------------

On separate news, this just popped up in the chat and I wanted to see if it had been discussed here or not:

Mizumi has said this is 100% fake, but if this 'Mizumi' is who I think it is, they have been wrong and had false info before. I don't really buy this all that much, but I'm eager to hear you guys out.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
There is no need to apologize, you aren't responsible for what people in your Discord server do. You can't control them, though I will admit it's been frustrating trying to voice anything that's not Erdrick in there. This is what happens when you cover stuff as big as Smash speculation: you will get people who hang around for the speculation cycle who don't even care about the content creator, and they tend to be...well, let's just say they aren't the most pleasant folk. Then they leave when the speculation ends, I just figured a lot of them would have bailed by now, but on the plus side many of them stay because they love your content...so, you know, bonus!

Once again, not on you at all. Still love your content btw, Smash related or not.

On separate news, this just popped up in the chat and I wanted to see if it had been discussed here or not:

Mizumi has said this is 100% fake, but if this 'Mizumi' is who I think it is, they have been wrong and had false info before. I don't really buy this all that much, but I'm eager to hear you guys out.
A brown disc, eh? Sounds an awful lot like Geno Whirl ;)

I don’t buy it for a second, but hey, let’s not count it out until the next character is revealed.

D

Deleted member

I personally would be fine with Mike Jones in Smash but if they were to add him in Ultimate I feel the base game would've been better for him as Japan doesn't care about him much like we over in America don't care about Dragon Quest much. Plus even for American made character's he's very niche, when thinking about American made franchises or characters that could be added to smash people think of Banjo, Sans, Doom guy, Etc. not Mike Jones very much.

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
Mizumi as in the guy who mapped Brave's stats over Ike's?

D

Deleted member

Sounds like it could be a texture for Geno's disc when using Geno Whirl and I have no Idea who this "Mizumi" guy is so for right now I have no reason to believe it and no reason to not believe it, we're just going to have to wait and see. Interesting though, very interesting. Likely fake but if this brown disc is real and is for Geno well let's hope for the best!

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
A brown disc, eh? Sounds an awful lot like Geno Whirl ;)

I don’t buy it for a second, but hey, let’s not count it out until the next character is revealed.
Yeah, until I see an image or some other form of tangible proof I'm not gonna buy it.

Since when has he given out false information?

Honestly all of this just makes me wish I had the knowledge necessary to go digging into the code myself tbh

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, until I see an image or some other form of tangible proof I'm not gonna buy it.

Since when has he given out false information?

Honestly all of this just makes me wish I had the knowledge necessary to go digging into the code myself tbh
Lmao same

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
yeah I wish I could look but I don't have ultimate I've just been playing it with friends a ton

D

Deleted member

As much as I want to believe this leak it has just been pulled out of the dumpster

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
The thing about Luigi having a slide is because that’s a thing he has in a lot of Mario games, like Super Mario Galaxy and the New Super Mario Bros series. Luigi canonically has soap shoes.

I don't believe in any more leaks until I see official confirmation, ESPECIALLY after the grinch leak, but that brown disc could just be the disc fading or becoming transparent. Whenever Geno Whirl fades away, it turns into a donut and at the last second, you kinda get a brown/gold colored disc, then it fades away. Does a FF or DQ character use any attacks with a brown disc?

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
As much as I want to believe this leak it has just been pulled out of the dumpster
Yeah, it'd be irrelevant for dataminers to leak the full Piranha Plant model/textures/animations a month after the time of the post considering he'd already be out by then.

Edit: What am I saying no he won't lol.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Okay while that leak is likely if not 99% false I will back it up a little bit, first True leaks usually only state what they know and no other fluff which this is doing, we all thought that Piranha plant leak was false so much that it got no response whatsoever but that's about it. those are tho only two things besides wishful thinking that it has on it's side tbh.

HolyKnight

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully we get something. At this point I'm ready to just hop on the "Lets at least not get steve, because that would be horrible" train.

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
Someone's bound to correct me with data and stats, but my three guesses of who Brave could be, going by height and maybe floatiness, are:

1. Geno (First because it's the Geno thread, haha.)
2. Steve from Minecraft
3. Sans

D

Deleted member

Someone's bound to correct me with data and stats, but my three guesses of who Brave could be, going by height and maybe floatiness, are:

1. Geno (First because it's the Geno thread, haha.)
2. Steve from Minecraft
3. Sans
fleshdude.gov fleshdude.gov also brought up an interesting idea about how Mike Jones from Star Tropics being brave

But yeah, I think either Geno or Sans

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
fleshdude.gov fleshdude.gov also brought up an interesting idea about how Mike Jones from Star Tropics being brave

But yeah, I think either Geno or Sans
Mike Jones is one of the "older Nintendo" reps that I think they wouldn't add. Mike is obscure even when compared to Isaac, Andy, and Takamaru, and on top of that, his support group isn't nearly as large as others. And like Erdrick, adding his kid form before his adult form is not really in line with the point of StarTropics. There's just nothing in it for Nintendo as far as I can see.

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
As cool as it would be to have Mike Jones, I honestly don't see them adding him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom