• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
You claim that uniqueness affects who buys the DLC, but you also say that Geno being unique doesn't mean people will buy him over other characters?
No, I was stating how your point about Geno was contradicted by you stating that Smash fans buy DLC regardless of what it is.

D

Deleted member

No, I was stating how your point about Geno was contradicted by you stating that Smash fans buy DLC regardless of what it is.
Ok, then you stated why not all Smash fans buy the DLC due to interest in the character, and I explained why Geno is unique and interesting. You said his uniqueness doesn't matter after you explained your reason for buying Corrin and not Lucas - interest in Corrin and not Lucas.

It's funny that you say I contradicted myself when you are actually the one who contradicted yourself

D

Deleted member

I think anyone who reads this long chain of responses will know that's not the case. So, maybe we should just get things back on topic?
....then why didn't you acknowledge the fact that Geno being unique means more people will buy him when going by your logic?

Repeating what I said earlier, you explained your reason for buying Corrin and not Lucas, which was due to interest, then you said that Geno being unique doesn't mean more people will buy him.

What I got from your replies are "not everyone bought all the DLC because not all of it will interest everyone" and then "being interesting doesn't mean more people will buy that character."

But I'll drop it because I know both of us are tired of this

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
....then why didn't you acknowledge the fact that Geno being unique means more people will buy him when going by your logic?
If I can summarize. They're saying that, by the logic you presented earlier, which is: Smash fans will buy the DLC regardless of who it is, uniqueness shouldn't really be considered a selling factor for any character, since people will buy the DLC anyway.

Last edited:

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
I'd say that, Every DLC have a guaranteed number of sales which is the minimun since there's plenty of people who would buy anything regardless of the Character, However, depending on the character, that sales can go even higher, duplicating or even triplicating the number of sales.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Geno is the only icon I see often, aside from the smash renders of their main. Side note: if your online icon is the smash render of your main, you're boring. Just saying.

owjies

Smash Journeyman
I think both Geno and Erdrick would generate pretty respectable sales. Geno has his ardent fanbase as well as a very unique moveset even with almost 80 characters in the roster. Erdrick represents the longstanding legacy of Dragon Quest, while also bringing a sword/magic moveset and the art style of Akira Toriyama.

As Dax says, there will be people buying the DLC just to fill out the roster. Both Geno and Erdrick have their fans and both bring a level of curiosity to those unfamiliar with them. Some might buy Geno for his moveset, others might buy Erdrick because he was designed by Toriyama.

The main thing that makes me lean toward Erdrick being more likely is that Smash Bros. has evolved from a "Nintendo All-Stars" to a "Gaming History All-Stars" game. With Dragon Quest's influence on the entire JRPG genre, I can see why Nintendo and Square would choose Erdrick even beyond marketing purposes. Not ready to give up on Geno though. SMRPG having the only spirits outside of Cloud's fighter spirits shows that Nintendo does recognize the game's popularity. I'm just not sure if it was enough for a fighter.

D

Deleted member

If I can summarize. They're saying that, by the logic you presented earlier, which is: Smash fans will buy the DLC regardless of who it is, uniqueness shouldn't really be considered a selling factor for any character, since people will buy the DLC anyway.
Well, less people bought the DLC than I thought. I didn't think uniqueness mattered much in terms of buying a character, but I am saying that either way you put it, Geno is a good pick. People buy all the DLC, therefore buy Geno, or people buy the DLC that is unique and interesting, where Geno is still good.

Sorry for confusion

Last edited by a moderator:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
In terms of online tokens, mine is Geno because I will fight for my boy, if not in this wave, then maybe separate DLC... but if I went with my main's...

At least K. Rool has Kaptain K. Rool available as a token, as well. :ultkrool: ha ha kroc kountry 4 ever

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
In terms of online tokens, mine is Geno because I will fight for my boy, if not in this wave, then maybe separate DLC... but if I went with my main's...

At least K. Rool has Kaptain K. Rool available as a token, as well. :ultkrool:ha ha kroc kountry 4 ever
Until Geno is playable in smash, he will be my online icon forever.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Hey everyone, figured I’d drop in and wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! I hope each and everyone of you have a great holiday season, you all deserve it :)

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
ALso in a smash lobby rn with 2 other Geno tokens. It’s rare to see 3 of the same token in one lobby
Geez, out of the 500+ tokens, that's insane!

I had to think long and hard about who I wanted as my token. I was disappointed with some of the choices for some of my favorite series, namely Punch-Out!! and F-Zero.
It all came down to the Legendary Birds, Ho-oh, Brewster, M. Bison, and the winner, Geno (of course).

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Merry Christmas Eve Geno Bros! :)

And for those who are already past midnight (and in case I forget to say it tomorrow) Merry Christmas! :)

It's been a good year with all y'all! Stars are shining bright!

D

Deleted member

There is one thing I want to happen more than Geno being confirmed for Ultimate:

To be added to the supporter list

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
I just realized I'm not on the list lol. Also, Merry Christmas Genobros, and Happy whatever you celebrate if it's something else.

bardbowman

Smash Apprentice
What if Geno was a Christmas present for Gaz?

Imagining him running downstairs to their family’s tree, ripping open a shiny present with his name on it, and finding the doll inside...It makes me feel nostalgic in a way.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Exactly. This could be a good or a bad thing. It could indicate that they do still have Geno on the mind, and this could be either a definitive consolation prize or a just in case consolation prize, in the case that Sakurai can't negotiate with NoJ and SE to get Geno playable. The Mii costume coming back would tie in to all of this and pretty much be our word.

I'm not saying Geno being made playable is impossible if we get the Mii costume back, given that they could just use it for a quick buck as a ported costume (unlike the fresh-made consolation ones like Isaac's and Lip's), but it definitely would make his chances plummet. If we couldn't get him, though, I'd be happy if we got the costume back. Without that and without Geno playable, the Spirit, in all of its attention, still feels like a downgrade.
The just in case thing is a belief of mine.

Geno getting a Spirit may have been part of getting the Mii Costume. If Geno was being discussed as DLC, there was no point in removing the Spirit; it was already there, and he was only being discussed...until he's actually in the game there's ALWAYS the chance things can go south.

The route that could happen, there, is that there'd be no Geno content to keep things neat and necessary...then the deal doesn't work out and there's no Geno as DLC either.

I'm obviously biased I'm sure but I think Geno's in a super weird spot in regards to that.
I think that Geno being a Spirit and icon just in case he couldn't be DLC due to a pre-existing deal as part of the Mii Costume makes a lot of sense.

(official reminder: LTP believes Erdrick is our rep! She just loves to hold out hope and give some theories.)

MondoMega

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5702 4282 1237
(Please let me know if I missed anyone who would like to be on it)
Well, i'd love to be added to the supporter list. Geno is one of my two top picks for the Square Enix rep (though I wouldn't mind Crono if i'm being honest). I really want to see the puppet boy make it in.

Last edited:

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice
So people who want to be added to the list:
DaxMasterix DaxMasterix
KirbyWorshipper2465 KirbyWorshipper2465
Hot_N_Tasty Hot_N_Tasty
The Anigriffin The Anigriffin
Tetrin Tetrin
And myself
I would really love to be added to the list as well, please!!

Merry Christmas Geno fans. I've been a bit harsh towards Geno in the past, so since it's Christmas I thought I'd do something nice to make up to the wooden warrior: Enjoy the major Geno section in my Christmas comic:

View attachment 184242
View attachment 184243
View attachment 184244
View attachment 184245
View attachment 184246
View attachment 184247
View attachment 184248
View attachment 184249

If you want to see the thing in it's entirity, please drop by the Captain Toad thread or click here:
Rest of the Christmas Comic can be found here! Merry ChriSmash!
Maybe it's all the drinks I had on this rather LIT Christmas eve, but this comic really brought a tear to my eye. Thank you for making this wonderful comic! It really hit me in the feels. One day our wooden warrior will see all his friends in again (in smash, of course!).

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Merry Christmas, Geno gang! Let's all try to embrace the spirit of the season a little and stop worrying so much and enjoy some Smash Bros., ah? We owe it to ourselves after an unhealthily stressful hype season for all of us. This is a game we spend so much of our time talking about, anyway.

Last edited:

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Merry Christmas everyone !

I can't wait to play Ultimate. I kept my hype level low for the game , but I truly hope that the game will deliver.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Merry Christmas, Geno support thread!! I hope y'all have a very happy and merry day, no matter where you are!!

and if you don't celebrate, I hope your day is going as great as is the ones that do celebrate! :)

Shado-will

Smash Journeyman
So people who want to be added to the list:
DaxMasterix DaxMasterix
KirbyWorshipper2465 KirbyWorshipper2465
Hot_N_Tasty Hot_N_Tasty
The Anigriffin The Anigriffin
Tetrin Tetrin
And myself
I also would like to added to the list.

Also, Merry Christmas, guys! I hope you all have a wonderful day, even if you don't celebrate the day. That also goes for the guests and non-Geno supporters viewing this thread, today should be a day to put aside our differences and disagreements!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom