• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
People are going to complain no matter what happens, because that's just how life is
The difference is most complaints are petty or opinion-based.

There is legitimate reason to be angry at and unwilling to support a man as unlikable as the DQ composer, it will look genuinely bad to work with him, and there would be fair reason to not buy a DQ character because it would support him.

I have nothing against DQ, I find the characters a little boring but I'd still get them and (hopefully) warm up to them, but it's completely understandable that some people wouldn't buy a DQ character, or cause backlash just out of precedent of the composer being a pretty terrible dude.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
I have nothing against DQ, I find the characters a little boring but I'd still get them and (hopefully) warm up to them, but it's completely understandable that some people wouldn't buy a DQ character, or cause backlash just out of precedent of the composer being a pretty terrible dude.
the weird thing about dragon quest characters to me is that in dragon ball and dbz to an extent, toriyama had a lot of varied character designs (other than yamcha and adult gohan looking the same to the point where they get mixed up in budokai 3's opening) but then the dragon quest protagonists all look like either goku, bulma, or android 17

Pristine

Smash Cadet
I’m going to be honest, this is the exact reason why we are probably not getting DQ. I mean look at FF, we have 2 songs. Geno would probably add A LOT of music into smash compared to any other SE rep
He "could", but remember that we're only getting 5 songs for them.

Edit: nvm the songs are an unspecified amount xd

Last edited:

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
People need to chill out. A person is entitled to their opinions. He wasn't speaking for the company.
I don't know about you, but I do not want god awful people associated with my products. Consider the fact that purchasing something he works on means he gets a little money. That's not something I want to support

This is just generally speaking though. Erdrick would still be a great character.

Freaky Mutant Man

Smash Apprentice
the weird thing about dragon quest characters to me is that in dragon ball and dbz to an extent, toriyama had a lot of varied character designs (other than yamcha and adult gohan looking the same to the point where they get mixed up in budokai 3's opening) but then the dragon quest protagonists all look like either goku, bulma, or android 17
Toriyama has, like, 6 faces tops for his characters. See how similar Goku and Crono look, or Bulma and Lucca.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
Be fair, at least the DQ11 protagonist is just Future Trunks.

Seriously, it's just Future Trunks. Change my mind.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I will repeat once again that no one knows the DLC aside from people super close to Nintendo like the TreeHouse Crew. I'm not being cheeky and I also think you all are setting yourselves up when it comes to the VGAs. The announcement should be good but not face-meltingly good based on what I've seen. Tread carefully.
As for the VGA matter ... it is hard not to after the tweets today. I am doing my best to keep my anticipation in check ... but ...

1544034106740.jpeg

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Toriyama has, like, 6 faces tops for his characters. See how similar Goku and Crono look, or Bulma and Lucca.
his less human designs are where he really shines in variety tbh. for some reason his antagonists and goku are the only ones who get really good character designs (i count vegeta as an antagonist in this situation) but then the supporting cast is like, 6 people and their clones with different hairstyles

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
As for the VGA matter ... it is hard not to after the tweets today. I am doing my best to keep my anticipation in check ... but ...

View attachment 181625
(THIS IS NOT A LEAK, PLEASE DO NOT MISINTERPRET MY WORDS HERE) I don't mean to sound rude to anyone, but I think expecting Smash based on those tweets is a little bit of a reach. Yes, they mention Smash in the same tweet, but that also makes sense in the context that Smash comes out literally hours after VGAs.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
(THIS IS NOT A LEAK, PLEASE DO NOT MISINTERPRET MY WORDS HERE) I don't mean to sound rude to anyone, but I think expecting Smash based on those tweets is a little bit of a reach. Yes, they mention Smash in the same tweet, but that also makes sense in the context that Smash comes out literally hours after VGAs.
i just think its weird how many tweets specifically mention "the day before #SuperSmashBrosUltimate" as if that was something that needed people to be reminder of. a bit of a reach, yea but i dont think its just a coincidence tbh

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I'm feeling hopeless... I feel like we would have heard somthing from the insiders by now if Geno was going to be at the VGA..

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
i just think its weird how many tweets specifically mention "the day before #SuperSmashBrosUltimate" as if that was something that needed people to be reminder of. a bit of a reach, yea but i dont think its just a coincidence tbh
If no DLC, I could see them just being like "oh hey there's a new Smash game coming out tomorrow, please buy it!". It would sort of make sense to do as they have a captive audience there. Granted, I still think that they might be announcing the first DLC character. I'm not expecting it by any means, but it would still be cool. At least there's a high probability for Metroid/Bayonetta to show up there. Those would be nice to see as well.

Last edited:

Freaky Mutant Man

Smash Apprentice
I'm feeling hopeless... I feel like we would have heard somthing from the insiders by now if Geno was going to be at the VGA..
Worst comes to worst, if there's no DLC announcement tomorrow, then I think we can reasonably expect one very early in 2019, around January or February. And in the meantime, you have the base game to play.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I think they're playing a dangerous game by specifically mentioning Smash in the same tweet if they have nothing Smash-related planned. It may just be a coincidence but they have to know a lot of people are going to read into it and are going to get pissed and claim they were b8'd into watching the VGAs.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
It's not looking likely that any Smash news is coming tomorrow, so don't stress about that. Everything I've heard is indicating towards showing off something else entirely.

No one has heard about Geno at the VGA's because there haven't been rumblings of them showing a character there.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's possible there isn't going to have any smash news at the VGA's, and even if there is I don't expect Geno.

Remember to hype responsibly.

Be hopeful but don't set yourselves up for disappointment.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
We may not get anything tomorrow. Or it may be that the insiders can't say anything about it until after the reveal

D

Deleted member

Inb4 there's a character announcement tomorrow and the character isn't even the Square rep.
I would say something to counter that, but I tried to counter people saying the Grinch leak was fake (even though I wasn't as bad as some other people), so yeah Imma keep my mouth shut in that regard

D

Deleted member

We may not get anything tomorrow. Or it may be that the insiders can't say anything about it until after the reveal
Pretty sure insiders can't say anything about it if it really is a Square rep, Square Enix is really anti-leak.

domriver

Smash Lord
cant be worse than the grinch leak being denied for 2 of the least hype smash characters imo
Sigh the Grinch Leak would have been a dream come true for A LOT of fans. oh well.

Inb4 there's a character announcement tomorrow and the character isn't even the Square rep.
jeje - I kinda expect this to happen but i still want Geno. lol
This vid was put on twitter. It is a screen ad in a French train station it seems. The empty corner is pretty suspicious, but it could be nothing.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RYoGA_Online/status/1069904038777511936?s=09
let me analyze.. .
LOL :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom