• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
The fact that people are coming to a variety of conclusions based on what has been said shows that we've doing our "job" right and being impartial. "Oh, he is." "Oh, he isn't..." That's how it should be, honestly, in regards to this. It should be ambiguous for the safety of the people involved and that's okay. Again, I know it's stressful because people invest a lot of time and energy coming here but I'd like to once again thank you all for being cool and level headed about it. I know, being patient during this time is a real ***** but if it's any reassurance we're all in the same boat.
You are very welcome. This ride has been pretty crazy so far, but I ain't leaving until we have this answer to who this Square rep is.

Lol, even then I'm not gonna leave actually.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
...I just realized we whizzed past the Brawl thread and I completely missed it. Poop.

Well, congratulations regardless. I haven't been keeping up with this thread as much lately, but this milestone's a pretty good indication of the size and dedication of Geno's fanbase either way. Call me presumptuous, but I really don't feel they can ignore us any longer, even if other characters would make more "business sense". (God, I hate that excuse... it's the same **** people use to justify Steve.) If nothing else, we'd at least have an AT or a recycled Mii Costume or something more than a dated render to look at if the devteam really had no plans for Geno.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Am I the only one who started getting way too much anxiety from the previous page?
So many messages, as if they have the answer, and I can't help but feel depressed by the tone of it all. As if neither of my most requested characters are in.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Thing is, if Nintendo Treehouse is marketing the DLC as a "must have" and they're being honest, I kinda have a hard time believing that It'd be a DQ rep or Crono since they're not "must haves" to most people. Honestly, to me Geno fits the bill of being a fan favorite, unique, and has a connection to Nintendo history since Sakurai seems to like adding characters of that caliber.

Though something else popped into my head. Was there a true reason why the Rainbow Road stage was cut? It's aesthetically more unique than the Mario Kart 8 and Wuhu Loop stages so I always found that odd. Would it be possible that the stage got cut due to similarities to Star Hill? I'm just spitballing here but I always thought that stage getting cut was weird.
They’re also promoting Piranha Plant as a must-have, so YMMV on how much of it is just PR talk.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
I'm going to be completely honest about how these two posts together sound to me: Geno is not one of the two finalists that you all heard about, and the only source you have for him being the SE character is coming from the NoA ambassador. If he had been one of the two that were in serious conversation at SE then your source at NoA wouldn't be the single aspect of Geno being rumored that you'd be bringing up. I know you guys keep saying that you can't say anything specifically about the two, but this kind of seems to be the implication here. I'm not saying this as a negative though if it's true it is pretty worrying, but I do think this is how people are going to read this and why you all are probably going to be receiving so many anxious PMs in the near future until the SE character is revealed.
Uh... Oh, I get it now. I thought I already clarified this. The "two finalists" thing did not come from my NoA contact at all. I thought I already said this in this thread a while ago, like perhaps 4 days ago when it first arose, but it comes from a random person who messaged my source giving them a LinkedIn profile relating to Enix, and how he heard of two finalists (one of which was, yes, Geno). That's what Fatman was referencing. Since it came from somebody random, I'm not sure of it at all. We all know how reliable LinkedIn profiles are (looking at you, Grinch). I'd be wary of it. But it's something to keep in mind. That's what he was talking about.

No, my source has never heard anything more on Geno since that rumor 3 weeks ago. And yes I've been hearing the list consistently. The reason I've been pointing out how it may not be Geno is simply because I've already gotten people telling me I'm getting people's hopes up like Loz18 did for Skull Kid. And, that's really not what I'm trying to do at all. So I'm trying to put emphasis on the fact that hearing Geno being DLC in NoA as a rumor is not full on confirmation. I'll tell you all when I get full on confirmation.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Uh... Oh, I get it now. I thought I already clarified this. The "two finalists" thing did not come from my NoA contact at all. I thought I already said this in this thread a while ago, like perhaps 4 days ago when it first arose, but it comes from a random person who messaged my source giving them a LinkedIn profile relating to Enix, and how he heard of two finalists (one of which was, yes, Geno). That's what Fatman was referencing. Since it came from somebody random, I'm not sure of it at all. We all know how reliable LinkedIn profiles are (looking at you, Grinch). I'd be wary of it. But it's something to keep in mind. That's what he was talking about.

No, my source has never heard anything more on Geno since that rumor 3 weeks ago. And yes I've been hearing the list consistently. The reason I've been pointing out how it may not be Geno is simply because I've already gotten people telling me I'm getting people's hopes up like Loz18 did for Skull Kid. And, that's really not what I'm trying to do at all. So I'm trying to put emphasis on the fact that hearing Geno being DLC in NoA as a rumor is not full on confirmation. I'll tell you all when I get full on confirmation.
Wait, who is the other one then? Was Geno the number 1 guy who went to the interview or the one who waited?
Wait, there's another Geno rumor now? Or is this just the "7 characters list narrowed down to 3" deal you're referring to?
One is the "two candidates" deal, another one is the Vergeben sources and the third is the watercooler gossip from the NoA guy.

Last edited:

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Am I the only one who started getting way too much anxiety from the previous page?
So many messages, as if they have the answer, and I can't help but feel depressed by the tone of it all. As if neither of my most requested characters are in.
The thread is making me feel like this comedians act, specifically starting around 2:00 minutes in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnQoxT2iMkQ

Potatu

Smash Apprentice
Aaaaah! This is tearing me apart! Every day it gets crazier and more exciting!

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
[QUOTE="MajoraMan28, post: 22794037, member: One is the "two candidates" deal, another one is the Vergeben sources and the third is the watercooler gossip from the NoA guy.[/QUOTE]
All of which involve Geno and Sephorith right?

Last edited:

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
Wait, who is the other one then? Was Geno the number 1 guy who went to the interview or the one who waited?

One is the "two candidates" deal, another one is the Vergeben sources and the third is the watercooler gossip from the NoA guy.
The guy who came to us about this said that Geno was the one they know for sure got discussed for DLC, and that Sephiroth was another one they knew was going to get discussed, with Sora being the one that fell through. Again, this isn't coming from my source or anything, and the person came out of completely nowhere so I wouldn't think on it too much (or name them, for that matter). It's unrelated to my source.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
The guy who came to us about this said that Geno was the one they know for sure got discussed for DLC, and that Sephiroth was another one they knew was going to get discussed, with Sora being the one that fell through. Again, this isn't coming from my source or anything, and the person came out of completely nowhere so I wouldn't think on it too much (or name them, for that matter). It's unrelated to my source.
Oh? Did this person have a certain level of credibility that warranted your attention?

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Thank God I'm so glad to hear this. Thank you. I'm now guaranteed to be happy whatever the outcome may be
PolarPanda PolarPanda I thank thee for your hard work for everyone here, and I wish everyone ends up getting what they want. Like you guys said, there may be the possibility of both getting in. I really think it will happen. I'm so happy to read this

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I just wanted to share this, because this is purely amazing. It made me very happy to see LoopyLupe's evolution from her Seven Star Comics!

https://twitter.com/Loopyyylupe/status/1068263518368075776?s=19
I was not ready for this to be as good as it was. I could probably count on my fingers and toes the number of stills that I would want blown up into full sized posters. The fact that they accounted for all five party members being present at any given time and the fact that they obviously needed to eat and sleep added a level of depth to these that was wholly appreciated. The personalities of all the characters really pop in this too. Also, tons of emotional scenes, especially the ending. As if the ending needed any more emotional depth. To be succinct, this was beautiful.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

So basically:

>There the list of 7 Vergeben characters.
>You heard about the list/Some names about it before it leaked, some more than the others
>There supposedly a rumour, or office talk about Geno in NoA, nothing ever since Novembers.
>There someone messaging you who Supposedly, talking about the selection, with 3 candidate, One getting shut down and pissed off the creator who had a rally against the Square-Exec (I'm pretty sure it's Sora now), Geno and X (Either DQ or Sephiroth I think) went into serious talk. However, it could have either went into a results. Or back to the start for the talks. (meaning either it's Geno/X or went back to talk about the Three for Sora/Geno/X) but there no way to confirm if it's true or not.
The "september things" might be a results of either the contestation for the characters turned down, or perhaps showing that the talks actually made it throught.

>Alongside this, it seems that if Namco have a reps, most peoples with sources heard Llyod and Yuri competing for the spot and no one else.

Is that right?

Just a quick summary just to make sure we're all at the same pages

Last edited:

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
[QUOTE="MajoraMan28, post: 22794037, member: One is the "two candidates" deal, another one is the Vergeben sources and the third is the watercooler gossip from the NoA guy.
All of which involve Geno and Sephorith right?[/QUOTE]
Verge sources claim Geno is a no-go, NoA guy says Seph is a no-go but it's Geno instead, so it's basically both of them equally represented on all rumors.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
The fact that people are coming to a variety of conclusions based on what has been said shows that we've doing our "job" right and being impartial. "Oh, he is." "Oh, he isn't..." That's how it should be, honestly, in regards to this. It should be ambiguous for the safety of the people involved and that's okay. Again, I know it's stressful because people invest a lot of time and energy coming here but I'd like to once again thank you all for being cool and level headed about it. I know, being patient during this time is a real ***** but if it's any reassurance we're all in the same boat.
The thing I take away from this is there is still a chance. Regardless of how it ends, at least we have something to hang onto and remain hopeful about. That in itself makes the time you put towards providing us any kind of information is blessing.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
All of which involve Geno and Sephorith right?
Verge sources claim Geno is a no-go, NoA guy says Seph is a no-go but it's Geno instead, so it's basically both of them equally represented on all rumors.[/QUOTE]

And this right here, is exactly how misinformation gets spread.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
So basically:

>There the list of 7 Vergeben characters.
>You heard about the list/Some names about it before it leaked, some more than the others
>There supposedly a rumour, or office talk about Geno in NoA, nothing ever since Novembers.
>There someone messaging you who Supposedly, talking about the selection, with 3 candidate, One getting shut down and pissed off the creator who had a rally against the Square-Exec (I'm pretty sure it's Sora now), Geno and X (Either DQ or Sephiroth I think) went into serious talk. However, it could have either went into a results. Or back to the start for the talks. (meaning either it's Geno/X or went back to talk about the Three for Sora/Geno/X) but there no way to confirm if it's true or not.
The "september things" might be a results of either the contestation for the characters turned down, or perhaps showing that the talks actually made it throught.

>Alongside this, it seems that if Namco have a reps, most peoples with sources heard Llyod and Yuri competing for the spot and no one else.

Is that right?

Just a quick summary just to make sure we're all at the same pages
That's all about right, yes.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
"Verge sources claim Geno is a no-go, NoA guy says Seph is a no-go but it's Geno instead, so it's basically both of them equally represented on all rumors."

Please explain what did I misinterpret, bc I'll gladly edit my comment.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yeah, uh... the person connected to Square Enix that reached out to Polar's source said Sora fell through and the two finalists were Sephiroth and Geno, with Geno being the one that went in for serious negotiations. Like I've been saying, this could all be fake but it connects a ton of dots including events we know that happened and explains things we've been wondering about for months.

Last edited:

beans

Smash Lord
Please explain what did I misinterpret, bc I'll gladly edit my comment.[/QUOTE]
I believe its about Geno
"Do not take Geno seriously" because Geno is a character that gets fake leaked the entire time.

childishgamgeno

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so how will we all react if Geno (somehow) isn't the Square rep?
I'll be supremely disappointed. SUPREMELY. Ultimate will feel very incomplete to me. But I wouldn't be surprised if that makes sense.

If we get the Mii Costume back, I'm gonna try to get really good with the Gunner Geno and try to win tournaments to bring attention to the character lmao.

Woah! Okay... I didn't expect you to come right out with it but since it's on the table... uh... there it is...
Yeah! I didn't either to be honest! But uh, I guess now that its on the table...hoping it's true?

Verge sources claim Geno is a no-go, NoA guy says Seph is a no-go but it's Geno instead, so it's basically both of them equally represented on all rumors.

Yeeeahhhh I don't remember where Verge said Geno's a no go...lol and yeah it wasnt the NoA guy who said that either.

6eyondthegrave

Smash Apprentice
I agree with your view in slime.

Slime would be the joke/out there character in the likes of jiggly, game & watch, duck hunt, pirhana plant ... that stuff should be base game, not dlc.
Lol I would be so mad if it was Slime

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
I feel like Geno's made it pretty late into the game here, if that stuff's true. I'm pretty proud no matter what the outcome, cuz this character is like 99% buoyed by the fans. However far he's made it, it's all cuz of folks like around here who have supported the guy so long. There's just something appropriate about "wishes" being the thing that sustains him.

Freaky Mutant Man

Smash Apprentice
So, here's my thoughts on this: Geno is a spirit in the game, not just any spirit but the highest tier of spirit. Right now, while spirits aren't yet confirmed to be a solid deconfirmation of a character, the fact that Geno's spirit is given such weight makes me think our end result is most likely Sephiroth, especially given the bizarre lack of Final Fantasy spirits. Those would, logically, be added with a Sephiroth DLC, along with hopefully more music (you can't let Sephiroth in the game without One Winged Angel, can you?) and a new stage, which could be Nibelheim or something. In this scenario, the Geno spirit is a compromise in negotiations.

Would love to be wrong, though, Geno is my man. This is also all dependent on Panda's sources being accurate, of course.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord

Wew I was not expecting you to be this transparent! I got that the SE source was different than the NoA source, but I guess between you talking about having your NoA source and your SE source having said two names but you only referencing your NoA source as one that mentioned Geno made it seem like the SE source didn’t. I know that hearing Geno was one of the two names makes me feel a lot better and other people will probably feel the same way though I know this isn’t a confirmation on anything. Anything and everything could change/turn out to be false. I really appreciate you clarifying this.

beans

Smash Lord
Yeah, uh... the person connected to Square Enix that reached out to Polar's source based said Sora fell through and the two finalists were Sephiroth and Geno, with Geno being the one that went in for serious negotiations. Like I've been saying, this could all be fake but it connects a ton of dots including events we know that happened and explains things we've been wondering about for months.
Interesting
So it really was Sora. I never counted him because of Disney problems
But man, Nomura worked in a ton of big projects at SE (really big projects like KH3, a game with big expectations to reach, and FF15, an entry in the Final Fantasy main line) and when his precious boy still gets rejected after all this.
Hope he takes a break after KH3. He needs it

Rummy Rummy I'll leave any explanations up to you, just don't give anything we haven't already given, away.
hmm, curious

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Yeah, uh... the person connected to Square Enix that reached out to Polar's source said Sora fell through and the two finalists were Sephiroth and Geno, with Geno being the one that went in for serious negotiations. Like I've been saying, this could all be fake but it connects a ton of dots including events we know that happened and explains things we've been wondering about for months.
I honestly think that under those circumstances, Geno is far more likely to get the spot.

Eh? I don't recall hearing this one. What's the context?
The NoA guy I was referring to PolarPanda's sources that heard the NoA guy say it's going to be Geno the DLC we're getting.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think that's why there has been a lot of clashes with this too. "Why would Geno be the one chosen to talk about more, especially against Sephiroth, one of the most iconic video game villains out there? Hello?! Are you that profoundly stupid?!" It's that sort of thing and why lines in the sand have been drawn so strongly especially since the source said that nobody knows what was ultimately decided. Going back to my joke yesterday, Welcome to Speculation Hell! One, the other, both, none? Who ****in' knows?! It's a real nail biter no matter how you slice it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom