• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
K Rool is in! That means the characters that got costumes potentially CAN be fighters. People were theorizing they weren't.

Now that Ridley and K Rool are in, it's more or less just Geno that gets my focus now

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
K Rool is in! That means the characters that got costumes potentially CAN be fighters. People were theorizing they weren't.

Now that Ridley and K Rool are in, it's more or less just Geno that gets my focus now
Alright. Two out of the three favorites are in. Geno is next!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

And with K.Rool, Chrom, and Dark Samus, it is becoming more and more clear that popularity is the big factor towards inclusion, not things like relevancy.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
And with K.Rool, Chrom, and Dark Samus, it is becoming more and more clear that popularity is the big factor towards inclusion, not things like relevancy.
Although Ashley got deconfirmed. That was a big one

TBone06

Smash Ace
Boys and girls... after that direct... I'm CERTAIN that Geno is next. The fact that we got two big characters in Simon and K. Rool (Dark Samus and Chrom were big too and he emphasized that they were extremely popular) I'm positive Geno is coming.

Also, as a follow up to one of my last posts... I was right... tears were a flowing when K. Rool got announced. Hearing that Gangplank Galleon music brought me back to when my dad and mom would play that for me.

Zema

Smash Journeyman
I doubt we'll get a Geno reveal tomorrow, but I won't lie. I'm hoping we will.

More likely it will be either Simon Belmont or possibly K. Rool.
Looks like I hit a home run, boys!

I love the Conan design they chose to go with for Simon. I really like Simon, even though I've never finished a Castlevania game in my life.

Now, for Geno, the good news is that Smash Ultimate looks definitely very fan-tailored so far. K. Rool was actually very surprising, even though I was expecting him to get in, and blows the relevancy argument out of the water. The other good news is that there's more characters to come, according to Sakurai.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
2 old school fan favorites down, 1 to go. Good luck guys!

Last edited:

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
It's almost complete, boys. There's just one important piece missing.

trifecta.png

Also, I found this quote in the Direct interesting:
Sakurai- "This time, we plan to reveal the design of every fighter before the game launches. We'll have a few more to announce later, so stay tuned."
Does this mean no secret characters?

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
As cool as Simon is, I'm more of a Richter fan.

Dracula X and Symphony of the Night

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I'm excited, y'all. If King K. Rool and Ridley can get in this game, I think it's definitely time for Geno, unless Square Enix denies it for whatever reason. IT'S TIME!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I'm excited, y'all. If King K. Rool and Ridley can get in this game, I think it's definitely time for Geno, unless Square Enix denies it for whatever reason. IT'S TIME!
And with Konami getting 3 reps, that helps Geno out as it proves that companies can get more than 2 reps. If Square were to get a different rep, that would not limit Geno.

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
Im so hype right now. ^^ I can feel Geno comeing in my bones. Has anyone predicted how many more characters there could be based off of negative space in that giant character mural?
I really want to look into that this time around, because surprisingly none of the artwork seemed to move to include these characters. So we should in theory be able to find empty spaces that could hold a character.

And with Konami getting 3 reps, that helps Geno out as it proves that companies can get more than 2 reps. If Square were to get a different rep, that would not limit Geno.
I don't know whether echos should count or not, but either way I'm for it!

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
I’d say try to keep expectation down still. I’m not wanting to get massively hyped even when his chances are better than ever, simply because I don’t want to be disappointed again....

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
It's almost complete, boys. There's just one important piece missing.

Also, I found this quote in the Direct interesting:
Sakurai- "This time, we plan to reveal the design of every fighter before the game launches. We'll have a few more to announce later, so stay tuned."
Does this mean no secret characters?
There is secret fighters

Look at the E3 direct

They said you start with the original twelve and the others are streamlined to be unlock

With k rool relevance argument is dead

I think k rool and Simon skyrocketed Genos chances

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
This could be nothing, but...

The Direct showed off the Sound Test, and there were two Mario symbols.
YOU WHAT.PNG

Could this be something big?

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

View attachment 156286
Although weird, I dunno if it means anything. I'm sure there are other characters in the game that don't have symbols.

Unless there are no more new series.

Maybe there is just so much Mario music they had to split it in two

I mean, if it was Geno they'd have to use the ENTIRE Mario RPG soundtrack and still not be the same amount as other series

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
Given that Capcom has Megaman and Ryu, Konami has Snake, Simon and Richter and Sega will probably have both Sonic and Shadow (or maybe Tails), I'm sure that they are willing to give all the important third-parties another character, and in Square-Enix's case it HAS to be Geno the one to be with Cloud. If instead of Geno we have a character from Dragon Quest or something like that I'll be devastated. Geno is one of the only characters remaining I would like to be added to the cast, now that Dark Samus was confirmed, Ashley got the axe and Dixie seems to be nowhere to be found.

Geno has to be in this time around. I really hope so. Sakurai wanted to add him back in Brawl, he was a Mii costume in 4, he has to be in the game with a Super Mario RPG stage, it has to happen. Please Sakurai :sadeyes:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Oh my gosh. That direct was HYPE.

It was beyond smart of Sakurai to put a fan favorite first party at the end after a 3rd party reveal, to satisfy everyone. It worked on me at least, considering I didn't care much for Simon (never played Castlevania.) Now I'm completely fine with Simon, thanks to K. Rool, lol. This makes me think the next direct will have a third party, then balance it with a retro fan favorite like Geno. 3rd party for the general audience, retro first party and heavily requested by the smash community for the dedicated.

It works really well, lol

That said, we're likely only getting one more direct. Probably in November. Gonna be a long haul, my dudes...

View attachment 156286
Okay, that is weird...no way that doesn't mean anything. I take this as a good sign!

Last edited:

Eagle

Smash Lord
Put your tinfoil hats on:

Notice on the music select screen there are two mushrooms? Maybe if Geno gets in his music is separate since he's third party. Don't give me that "maybe there's just too many Mario songs..."

twomushrooms.jpg

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Put your tinfoil hats on:

Notice on the music select screen there are two mushrooms? Maybe if Geno gets in his music is separate since he's third party. Don't give me that "maybe there's just too many Mario songs..."

View attachment 156296
The second Mushroom symbol is Mario Kart. It's weird they're separated, but what you gonna do.

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
I don't want to get my hopes TOO high and I will have to say that it's because Mario has the highest number of songs so they had to create two folders, but... maybe, just maybe it's because of Geno and Super Mario RPG music. But I don't know, an entire folder just for probably one or two remixes and a few original themes from SMRPG... It's a bit weird. Welp, we will eventually know the truth.

Eagle

Smash Lord
I don't want to get my hopes TOO high and I will have to say that it's because Mario has the highest number of songs so they had to create two folders, but... maybe, just maybe it's because of Geno and Super Mario RPG music. But I don't know, an entire folder just for probably one or two remixes and a few original themes from SMRPG... It's a bit weird. Welp, we will eventually know the truth.
The FF folder only has two songs. Which is horrible, FF has such good songs!

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
The FF folder only has two songs. Which is horrible, FF has such good songs!
Well, it is its own series, not like Super Mario RPG which is part of the Mario franchise, so it deserves its own folder. But yeah, FF has such good music. That's Square for you!

I suppose that that Mario Kart explanation is the most reasonable, though.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That makes much more sense than Geno having his own music symbol
Unless he gets his own unique symbol, he would fall under the regular Mario series for music anyway. As the rpg's are more tied to the regular games when it comes to stories as is. Mario Kart is better tied to the sports spin-offs, as it's still a sport. I could see them going with this logic.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I personally don't think Geno is getting his own symbol. I think he's going to be in the Mario series

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The number of tracks for FF is worrisome.

Square being protective of IP's as usual

Hopefully Geno can break through that barrier.

And with him some Mario RPG music, hopefully Square aren't super protective of that

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Hi you guys. Now that Ashley is sadly disconfirmed, I am going to make this and Elma's thread my new homes. I want to see Geno alongside Simon and K.Rool!

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
The lack of music is a bit worrying, but it could also mean that they're holding it back. If Konami and Capcom can get >30 songs, then Square should be willing to share a couple.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Prediction: The next fighter will be Geno, and to follow the trend of killing Mario people in trailers, Peach or Bowser will be killed by Smithy in the beginning of the trailer, and then Geno will come to save the day. The Super Mario RPG stage will have the Smithy gang (and Culex!) appear just like the Castlevania bosses appear in Dracula's castle. You read it here first! ! !

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I think Geno will happen. Don’t worry about the music thing, Square is probably being protective of FF or something.

domriver

Smash Lord
Guys i truly believe Geno is a lock now. Its only a matter of time. Its just that i hate to say LOCKED but it seems like its reasonable to think that. I just dont want to setup myself up for disappointment. Geno is the ONLY one ive been wanting since Brawl. No losing faith my fellow Geno members our time will come. :D

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
So with Captain Toad's deconfirmation I was thinking... there's no other Mario character left deserving of a spot in the roster. Only Captain Toad, Daisy and Waluigi would seem logical inclusions to me, and Daisy was the only one who made it... as an echo. So, no new Mario fighter this time? Even though Captain Toad and Waluigi are immensely popular and probably did fairly well in the ballot?

There are two explanations: there will not be any new Mario fighters (in Smash 4 we got both Rosalina and Bowser Jr., and the comeback of Dr. Mario, so Mario has already a good number of characters)... or Sakurai is leaving Mario's newcomer spot to Geno. That would explain why Waluigi is still a AT, two Mario newcomers would be overkill in a game which (presumably) won't have many newcomers, although to be fair we got 2 in one day along with 3 echoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom