• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I'm going as far as to say I think that it's possible we'll see two character reveals, one at the beginning, one at the end of the Direct due to the already limited time before the game releases. I'm not going to bank on it, but I think a lot of us are thinking that's a possibility. All I really care about is that whoever they announce is a big announcement for the community, and preferably someone more requested and irrelevant so I don't have to hear why character X shouldn't get in anymore.

Geno would be a great pick, and I could see him being revealed at any point anyway, so why not him!!! But really, I do expect more like Ashley or Isabelle this direct, and will pleasantly surprised with different choices if they show up.
I think you're right about the two character reveal, though I'm thinking if it does happen, it'll be an echo and a full newcomer. It just seems like they're gonna insert them in everywhere like they did with Daisy to pile on the reveals without spoiling too much.

But I agree wholeheartedly with the hope of it being a community favorite. This more than anything is what I want to see. Thankfully, I just happen to be an avid supporter of most of the top contenders, so it's a win-win for me.:grin:

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
I'm remembering the Ridley thread before the reveal. hoping this is out moment of anticipation before the glorious dream comes true! but just the idea of a full smash direct is amazing! definitely getting characters. but also will get a lot of other interesting info. kinda hoping we get a fully revamped smash run that matchs the fun of it's inspiration city trial.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
maybe they'll be a little more clear on how many newcomers we can expect. And...c'mon Geno!!!

Last edited:

TBone06

Smash Ace
maybe they'll be a little more clear on how many newcomers we can expect. And...c'mon Geno!!!
That’s actually a really good thought. Hopefully they tell us, it would make our predictions a lot easier. Also, I think we are getting a big character.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I tweezed my Geno picture to the official announcement post

That'll ensure Sakurai drops whatever he was planning and announces Geno

It's fool proof!

DgzCnDjUYAE85Rq.png

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
What are you guys thinking will be revealed? I am thinking double newcomers, echo's not included, more stages, item's, and assist trophy's, and single player reveals.

TBone06

Smash Ace
Geno and K. Rool would be the dream. But I think we’ll only get one really big name to close the show. I could see two newcomers and an Echo, but I could see one newcomer being it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I joke about developers following my advice on twitter because I'm 100% sure Chorus Fruit from Minecraft is based on my idea of Ender Corn.

specifically because they first announced Chorus Fruit AS corn

I remember when they announced corn, and it ended up being Chorus Fruit in the actual snapshot that came next.

Back then, Notch did look at fan suggestions.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
What would suck is if they show costumes, and Sakurai says, "yep there's Geno, back as a Mii Fighter costume!" Soul crushing. Hope I'm wrong.
Then Sakurai, with his trollish wisdom, pulls a Zero Suit on us and announces Geno as an actual fighter. A character can be a fighter and have costume.

MattX20

Smash Hero
NO GOD NO. No Heihachi please! That would be a complete waste for Bandai Namco. Bandana Dee, Geno, Ashley, K. Rool, Elma, Decidueye, Hilda, Ninten, Dark Samus, or even Agumon or KOS-MOS would be fine for character reveals.

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
This is a really good time to plug the Star Road Discord server I created a bit ago. If anybody else is interested, we could possibly get into a call together and watch the stream! There's other things to do in there as well, but I made the server as a primary place to gather for events like this.

Come join us at Star Road! https://discord.gg/ucyj8u2

TBone06

Smash Ace
Another thing I just thought of is depending on the newcomer, it could confirm or disprove the type of newcomers we’re going to get. If we get Geno or K. Rool, it strengthens the “fan service” argument. If it’s someone who nobody really expects, it weakens it. Regardless, I’m just pumped to see someone new.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Personally, I'm very confident they're going to end this Direct off with someone the fans have been asking for for years, which could very well be us. I wouldn't exactly put money on it or anything since I feel K. Rool would be revealed before Geno, but I do think the possibility exists for us.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Personally, I'm very confident they're going to end this Direct off with someone the fans have been asking for for years, which could very well be us. I wouldn't exactly put money on it or anything since I feel K. Rool would be revealed before Geno, but I do think the possibility exists for us.
I really hope you’re right, and Heihachi stays out of this Direct (Unless he just happens to be in addition to someone). I’ve already seen so much about Ashley, Heihachi, or Lloyd already coming from 4chan leaks.

All of these supposed insider leaks are coming immediately after the announcement like someone has casually been sitting on real information.

I can’t wait for leaks to **** off like this. The Smash community, and even here, feels like people are paying way too much attention to such things and it’s making things less fun honestly.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Okay so we know we all want Geno and other characters. but what things do you want to see from the direct that are not character related? personally I want fountain of dreams to return!

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Above all, new modes are what I wanna see, especially in the way of singleplayer. I'm already sold on this game's multiplayer based on the stage selection and mechanical changes alone, but if the singleplayer turns out to be as bad as Smash 4's, that might be enough to just kill it for me.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Time to cross our Finger Shots and wish to Star Haven, friends.

I have a good feeling. I don't know why I do, but I do.

Corbin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nibrocofthepuddn
Okay so we know we all want Geno and other characters. but what things do you want to see from the direct that are not character related? personally I want fountain of dreams to return!
I'd love to see Smash Run return, but way more fleshed out. Maybe being able to choose certain things like the final battle, certain events, etc. Plus being able to play it online.

Kooj Kooj

Smash Cadet
Out of curiosity, besides Geno, who do you want to see in Smash Ultimate? For me, I am rooting for Ashley, K.Rool, Travis Touchdown, Adeleine, and Shantae. Some of these I don't think are that likely, but you don't choose who you want based on likelihood.
To be perfectly blunt, Geno is the only character I actually care about being playable. Like, somebody I actually want, and not a character that's just interesting to me or might have a cool moveset. With that being said, I think my top picks aside from Geno are a character from ARMS (who I just think would have an interesting kit, it doesn't matter to me which one,) Ashley from WarioWare, Bandada Waddle Dee, and Monita the Monitor from Nintendoland.

I'd love to care more about LoZ newcomers and support somebody over there, but quite frankly, Sakurai's interpretation of the Zelda franchise is embarrassing, so I don't see myself being happy with anything he would do with it. If he took the effort Hyrule Warriors did to make each character distinct, interesting, and in most cases actually related to their home franchise, or even made playable some of the more unique side-characters in the franchise (Ghirahim & Geno were the only characters I wanted for Smash4), then I would be much happier with it. The current list and design of LoZ characters we have in Smash is a disaster.

I love how we've all been yelling about being starved for info on this game, and it seems Sakurai is just like screw it, give em a Direct (The whole Don't Ever Ask Anything from Me Again Meme lives on). I really did not expect a Smash focused Direct though, it felt way too soon after E3 which focused so heavily on Smash Ultimate already and Nintendo hasn't really given much attention to several other games yet either... (This might even lean us in favor of just a regular Direct in September as well). They seem to be heavily leaning on Smash this year, which gives me some hope for just how much content this game might have.

I'm going as far as to say I think that it's possible we'll see two character reveals, one at the beginning, one at the end of the Direct due to the already limited time before the game releases. I'm not going to bank on it, but I think a lot of us are thinking that's a possibility. All I really care about is that whoever they announce is a big announcement for the community, and preferably someone more requested and irrelevant so I don't have to hear why character X shouldn't get in anymore.

Geno would be a great pick, and I could see him being revealed at any point anyway, so why not him!!! But really, I do expect more like Ashley or Isabelle this direct, and will pleasantly surprised with different choices if they show up.
I have to agree, I find myself very surprised that not only did they reveal the direct at EVO, but that it's a Smash specific direct. I was expecting the Smash direct to present itself, in all likelihood, in November. August is very quickly following E3 where they've already dropped a nuclear bomb of information. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. The more info we get now the better.

That being said, in hindsight, it does make sense with how Nintendo likes to do things. Using a large profile event like EVO to advertise for their Direct makes a lot of sense. And announcing a Direct to showcase only a couple of days later is right on Nintendo's style of presentation.

I'll hold onto hope for Geno on Wednesday :)

EDIT: @ PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate If you could add me to the OP on the list of supporters as well I'd appreciate it :)

Last edited:

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
I am hoping for an Ashley and Geno double reveal. Let my dream duo from the Pre-SSBB days come true, Sakurai!
I see you've wanted them both for a very long time, like me ^^
I've wanted them since Brawl too. And while that hasn't happened yet, we did finally get Ridley who i was a fan of too~
Smash Ultimate MUST be the game to make all our dreams come true!! *_* :colorful:

Fountain of Dreams with Ultimate's graphics would be an absolutely breathtaking sight~

Last edited:

Corbin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nibrocofthepuddn
I will do some presentation again. I think that it is relatively easy time to see in Japan, so please watch it! Eyes may be a bit red, but this is exhausting eyes ...
I love that people are speculating about red-eyed characters because of this tweet. Honestly, it's a bit silly; but Geno, Ashley, & K. Rool all have red eye(s). I'm going down the rabbit hole...

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Guys, we have officially become the 5th most replied thread! Just passed Krystal.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

I love that people are speculating about red-eyed characters because of this tweet. Honestly, it's a bit silly; but Geno, Ashley, & K. Rool all have red eye(s). I'm going down the rabbit hole...
That's definitely reading too much into it. The direct would be airing around 11 pm in Japan, so he'd likely be tired; that's about it.

Mr Gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Guys, we have officially become the 5th most replied thread! Just passed Krystal.
Nice!!
I'm surprised they have been up there so long considering what happened. mad respect to that community. they have been staying real positive even after being deconfirmed.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
That's definitely reading too much into it. The direct would be airing around 11 pm in Japan, so he'd likely be tired; that's about it.
This is probably what he means more. Sakurai has never seemed to really subtly hint anything he is doing so giving away a character with this kind of rumor seems beyond his intentions.

Slender

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlenderSphere
Switch FC
SW-3978-2307-5490
I'm way too excited, honestly. I shouldn't be, but...

This could be it.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I'm way too excited, honestly. I shouldn't be, but...

This could be it.
I don't blame you, mate. It's hard to contain ourselves considering we haven't really seen anything new of this game for nearly 2 months. Geno or no Geno, this is gonna be big.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
As likely as I've come to believe Geno is this time around, I don't know if now feels like the right time for him.

That's not based upon anything, but I don't know. I just don't feel it happening this Wednesday for some reason, I see him as being held til later on unless Sakurai just feels like making a huge statement about the fan service aspect he's doing for the newcomers in this game.

I'd love to see Sakurai mention in the Direct that he decided to choose newcomers based upon the Ballot and fan requests. It would be a little strange to acknowledge that in a Direct I suppose, but it would be an amazing moment to keep speculation going in favor of certain characters. Hell, just clarification on the hoping you don't expect too many newcomers would be great too.

With the Evo reveal my biggest fear is another fighting game icon though... That would break my heart a little to be completely honest. Ryu just fits that role so well already, I don't see the need for another one (I might be more willing to accept like a crazy left field Scorpion reveal I guess, but even then). I really just want a newcomer that shows Sakurai is putting in some fan requests, which is a little selfish I suppose, but that's a part of being a fan of Smash too I suppose. It'd be super nice to watch the the leaks fall flat on their face too.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Just a hunch, but I think this is gonna be a big announcement. I'm gonna guess 2 newcomers, one of which is VERY highly requested...Geno or K Rool. They wouldn't announce this at Evo and NOT reveal one of the favorites imo.

I doubt we get subspace 2, but hopefully we get smash run and adventure mode.

How long do these directs typically last? I'm hoping for 30mins of content, but I might be dreaming.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
We gotta hope Geno stays out of those kill zones lol

No costume or assist trophy.
Costume is not a kill zone. There has been a few times where an already existing fighter has gotten a costume. Assist trophy, less so.

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
Geno supporter over here! I'm really hoping Ultimate is his time to shine, I don't know why but I have the feeling that his chances are higher than ever. I've heard that Sakurai has been interested in adding him since Brawl, and seeing that Cloud is in, that Geno had a Mii costume in 4 and that Capcom has two reps I don't know what could be Geno's problem now. If he's added he'll be for sure one of my mains.

I don't think that he'll be announced in this Direct, it's probably going to be a combo of K.Rool & EchoDixie or other Nintendo reps like Rex/Pyra or Ashley, but if Sakurai is having the ballot in consideration Geno should have high chances of being announced at one point!

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I wouldn't be surprise if Geno reveal why Sakurai include him in smash sense Brawl and 4 but last week was Sakurai birthday. It would be a gift to him and to the fans also Hades is possible why KI is his baby. Okay I see these three characters being reveal these characters are Hades Chorus Kids and Geno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom