• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Has anyone translated what it actually says?

I know it says 2021, but does it say Early 2021 or Spring 2021?

Also, here is the meme I was talking about. No offense to Waluigi fans because I think he's inevitable as well, but I just found this hilarious.

SkeffVEVO

Smash Apprentice
As the saying goes: "Great minds think alike."
Makes me wonder what else we have in common...
QUICK, NAME FIVE ANIMES YOU LIKE!
Oh I just now saw this.

Samurai Champloo
Death Note
Erased
Baccano
Neon Genesis Evangelion

I thought of these two but didn't count them since they are anime movies.

I Want to Eat Your Pancrease (Light novel adaptation so clickbait name)
A Silent Voice

D

Deleted member

New video from Father Puppet-Man
Another thing for the Crash evidence pile maybe
I don’t think Sakurai is the guy who would be hinting stuff. The bloody eyes thing may as end up being a coincidence. I think it’s just another ordinary Sakurai pic. Heh, I remember some interview how Sakurai couldn’t really talk about games because people assume it’s Smash. This feels a bit similar.

Last edited by a moderator:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
I don’t think Sakurai is the guy who would be hinting stuff. The bloody eyes thing may as end up being a coincidence. I think it’s just another ordinary Sakurai pic. Heh, I remember some interview how Sakurai couldn’t really talk about games because people assume it’s Smash. This feels a bit similar.
I feel that this is a reference at the very least. The timer's hands spin very quickly and at different speeds so it'd be pretty insane if two timers lined up like this and it's just a coincidence.

Or maybe it is just a coincidence because the RNG Gods like to watch us suffer lol

Last edited:

Musubi

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone translated what it actually says?

I know it says 2021, but does it say Early 2021 or Spring 2021?

Also, here is the meme I was talking about. No offense to Waluigi fans because I think he's inevitable as well, but I just found this hilarious.

I have a minor in Japanese, so I took some time to roughly translate the tweet. It only says that it plans to release the amiibo in 2021. It says nothing specific like early 2021 or spring 2021. The tweet might be saying "released throughout 2021", but I'm not entirely sure. It also says they can be pre-ordered through local retailers or the My Nintendo store.

I'm not fluent or anything, so you may want to just wait for an official translation, but that's what I got from the tweet. If anyone knows Japanese better, feel free to correct me.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Are people seriously still on the "Red Eyes wasn't a hint" train? REALLY? When BOTH Newcomers in that Direct tie into it extremely well?

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
Are people seriously still on the "Red Eyes wasn't a hint" train? REALLY? When BOTH Newcomers in that Direct tie into it extremely well?
The red eye was absolutely a hint, as well as the three hands he held out for Byleths reveal which indicated the title game number and how many FE games there are. The dude has hinted plenty.

D

Deleted member

The red eye was absolutely a hint, as well as the three hands he held out for Byleths reveal which indicated the title game number and how many FE games there are. The dude has hinted plenty.
Or you know, the dude is that tired from working? The dude works so much it’s not even funny. He probably worked on his birthday.

EDIT: Also TH is not the name of the game in Japan. I don’t see any reason why he would hint the English title.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Even if the "red eyes" thing wasn't a hint, which I find unlikely, their have still been plenty of instances where Sakurai has teased characters. In Smash 4, their was a cloud in Greninja's trailer that looked like a silouhette of PAC-MAN, and a few months later PAC-MAN gets confirmed. In Joker's showcase video last year when they showed off Stage Builder, they showed off two stages. One was of a dragon, which is obviously a reference to Dragon Quest, and another was of a green witch, which really resembled Gruntilda. And as PapaGenos showed in his video, the January 16 Sakurai Presentation had Sakurai holding up three fingers in the thumbnail, which later turned out to be a reference to Three Houses.

All I'm gonna say is that we shouldn't look in to EVERYTHING Sakurai says as a hint, and I actually really feel bad that the man can't talk about his favorite games without people always assuming its connected to Smash, but as I did point out, their ARE instances of times where Sakurai does hint at things, and this clock picture could be one.

And honestly, even if this clock picture isn't a hint for Crash, I just think its cool Sakurai is referencing Crash at all, even if it isn't related to Smash.

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
156AEF0E-711C-475C-BC19-01081FE7CDEB.jpeg

I congratulated Yoko for her birthday and wished her a happy day with family and friends. I asked her for our last wish on composing and remixing songs when her son Geno gets into Smash. For sure she is aware of all of this. If that’s the case, she must be silent but the deal is already closed and for me it’s guaranteed that Geno is one of the remaining DLC with like 5 or even 10 songs, more on FF songs, Forest or Vista stage, Mallow as a costume (Bomberman or Sans style) and also part of Geno Flash doing Star Rain like Mega Legends helping, and the full 5 party members encarnated, with Mallow not playable but physically a nice costume.

Geno Awakens! is a thing for me. It’s just a matter of time, he is going to be our last Square rep bringing a Costume of Sora also. Geno and Crash are just waiting their invitation and they will crash the stars together. They are the Kings of the “must” right now. With those, I can close Smash forever. Crash for the World Mascots/Fan Demand & Geno for us, the eternal lovers and insane/best Fan Demand like Banjo-Kazooie.

Credits to artist on the photo!

GENO JOINS THE ULTIMATE PARTY!

Edit: fix some English.

Last edited:

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Happy Birthday Yoko! Great lady, wouldn’t be Forest Maze without her!

View attachment 289639

I congratulated Yoko for her birthday and wished her a happy day with family and friends. I asked her for our last wish on composing and remixing songs when her son Geno gets into Smash. For sure she is aware of all of this. If that’s the case, she must be silent but the deal is already closed and for me it’s guaranteed that Geno is one of the remaining DLC with like 5 or even 10 songs, more on FF songs, Forest or Vista stage, Mallow as a costume (Bomberman or Sans style) and also part of Geno Flash doing Star Rain like Mega Legends helping, and the full 5 party members encarnated, with Mallow not playable but physically a nice costume.

Geno Awakens! is a thing for me. It’s just a matter of time, he is going to be our last Square rep bringing a Costume of Sora also. Geno and Crash are just waiting their invitation and they will crash the stars together. They are the Kings of the “must” right now. With those, I can close Smash forever. Crash for the World Mascots/Fan Demand & Geno for us, the eternal lovers and insane/best Fan Demand like Banjo-Kazooie.

Credits to artist on the photo!

GENO JOINS THE ULTIMATE PARTY!

Edit: fix some English.
I never thought of Mallow as a full costume. That would be nice to have all 5 members of the party in the game!

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
Mario RPG's soundtrack is full of so many amazing songs. Mario RPG's and Bowsers Inside Story's OSTs contain some of my favorite pieces of gaming music. What a coincidence that both of the soundtracks are composed by her!

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I haven't been posting much here, but through readings of posts here let me just say...

I don't think all of the things in Geno's favor have suddenly just disappeared because we haven't seen him yet. His Mii costume not coming with Hero is still an objective good sign. I don't need to go on a long diatribe yelling at people or bringing down other characters to make Geno look better.

Geno still has a great chance. His chances haven't suddenly disappeared just because things aren't as rapid fire Smash news wise to our liking. All the things in his favor are still there, it is as simple as that.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Oh I just now saw this.

Samurai Champloo
Death Note
Erased
Baccano
Neon Genesis Evangelion

I thought of these two but didn't count them since they are anime movies.

I Want to Eat Your Pancrease (Light novel adaptation so clickbait name)
A Silent Voice
Ehh, I've only seen two of those, and of those two I've only fully finished one.
I guess we're not as similar as I had thought...
GenoDisappointed.png

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
The deleted tweet has been gone for more than 2 weeks from NoA's twitter account and still hasn't come back. If the date was indeed just a mistake, it would already had been fixed and put back up. Since this is probably a scheduling mistake (specially after seeing the same design used in the Japanese account is the same one), keep an eye out for that tweet on Nov. 5.

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
Why November 5th?
The deleted tweet has been gone for more than 2 weeks from NoA's twitter account and still hasn't come back. If the date was indeed just a mistake, it would already had been fixed and put back up. Since this is probably a scheduling mistake (specially after seeing the same design used in the Japanese account is the same one), keep an eye out for that tweet on Nov. 5.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Not gonna lie, seeing at the end of this commercial the four Mario games currently out on Switch (excluding the NSO ones), these four games alone are among the top tier; money-making games on the system. With Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury's coming up next year, and if Nintendo and Square are actually in cahoots to resurrect SMRPG, WHEW, get ready boys and girls, cause Nintendo about to take some names.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Had a realization earlier that may lead to interesting results so I'm sharing it here. Reviewing Mii costumes in my head, I kind of realized that every pack has come with AT promotions, background characters heavily associated with a character, or both. Let me lay it out:

Joker: Morgana (taunt), Knuckles (AT), Tails (background character)

Hero: Slime (victory screen/taunt/background character), Erdrick (final smash)

Banjo: Zero (AT), Protoman (final smash)

Terry: Ryo (background character), Iori (background character), Akira (AT)

Byleth: Exe (final smash), X (final smash)

Min Min: Callie (AT), Marie (AT), Heihachi (taunt), Ninjara (final smash)

Steve: Pig (background character), Creeper (victory screen), Bomberman (AT)

Why is this significant? A couple of reasons:

-Morgana, Slime, Ninjara, and Creeper were all part of their respective characters so were made into costumes.

-Season 2 has introduced three Mii costumes specifically tied to ATs new to Ultimate.

-Capcom and Namco has been used twice now as "filler." RARE didn't have ATs so got Protoman and Zero. Fire Emblem already had two costumes in the base game (Black Knight and Chrom) so got X and Exe. ARMS already had an AT/Mii costume combo in the base so Min Min got Heihachi as well as the Squid Sisters. Minecraft obviously didn't have an AT so got Gil and Bomberman.

I want to take a moment to focus on the last one.

-Joker, Banjo, Terry, Min Min, and Steve got AT costumes. Hero didn't because Square didn't have any ATs and Byleth likely didn't because Fire Emblem's Mii costumes were in the base game. Hero didn't get an AT "filler" because Square content has only ever come with Square content. Byleth likely didn't get an AT filler because the Fighter's Pass didn't introduce any new AT Mii costumes so therefore no Tiki or Lyn. It's also notable that Byleth didn't get any background/final Smash characters because the Three House leaders and Sothis are literally his/her ALTs.

-If a company doesn't have ATs, they get characters usually associated with their stage instead and typically an AT not related to them.

This realization puts a heavy highlight on the missing four Mii costumes: Lloyd, Geno, Hunter, and Rathalos.

-Given how Capcom characters have been treated so far, Hunter and Rathalos will likely come back with a non-Capcom character.

-If Geno is a Mii costume, this further solidifies that he would have to come back with a Square character. Either way, Square is one of the remaining 4 packs; GG.

-If Lloyd is a Mii costume, this heavily suggests that he wouldn't be coming back with another Namco rep. In other words, it's basically Lloyd or nothing for a Namco rep.

-If Ryu Hayabusa really is a character, this heavily suggests that his "new" AT Mii costume will be Yuri. This potentially provides an answer to something we've been asking for almost two years now.

-Coincidentally, Mii Costume Guy mentioned Elecman so this actually makes a ton of sense if we get a Capcom rep, especially if this trend of new AT Mii costumes continues.

Circling back to Geno, this actually helps him because if Mallow really is a costume, this falls in line with what happened with Joker, Hero, Terry, Min Min, and Steve. All these characters got Mii costumes associated with their stage, taunts, victory screens, etc and the chances of Mallow being in at least one of these for Geno is extremely high.

I jotted down a ton of other notes but this is half of my thoughts on this topic and I'm trying to organize the other half better so it's not a sprawling mess.

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
What's gonna happen to this thread if Geno gets in. Or a better question, what happens to speculation threads for a specific character once they are confirmed, are they rebranded, abandoned, or....?

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Ladies and gentlemen, we gotta call a good lawyer to have on standby cause, you know... once Geno gets into Smash...
View attachment 289648
Did someone say they need a lawyer?

PW 2.jpeg

So anyways I have been following Fatman's posts and they are enlightening as always. The fact that Geno has been getting so much talk not just in general across social media, but inside circles is a real good sign. I am getting the same vibe I had with Banjo. My pass predictions are Rex, Crash, Arle Nadja and BOTW 2 Zelda but I really think Geno could take one of the remaining spots. The main reason being that we are assuming there were going to be two E3 reveals like last year. If Steve was meant to be the big crowd pleaser, then there is a real good chance that Geno is going to be next, the big fandom pleaser. I do have my concerns as all the Smash 4 costumes have slowly been returning and I think it's frustrating that they are holding out on 3 big characters (Lloyd, Geno and Monster Hunter). But I still think Geno has a solid chance and I have a gut feeling he might be the reason why there are 6 fighters instead of 5 for this pass.

One thing that Fatman brought up is that one of his sources told him to not hope for Travis or Ryu Hayabusa. That does concern me a bit as Ryu could easily get the Mii costume treatment. Yes he did mention that he has heard too many things for Ryu that he can't count him out yet, but this does make me slightly less hopeful for Ryu. But I will stop here as this is not the Ninja Gaiden thread. This is a reason why I stopped being a regular here around the beginning of this year is because I was using this thread as more of a general newcomer thread rather than the Geno thread. But just know that I haven't forgotten you guys. I will continue to support Geno until he gets in someday.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
YO GUYS!!! Ok, first of all, I know it's not Geno related, but NEW ACTION GAME coming up for the Switch on 2021 from Good-Feel Co., Ltd., the makers of,
  • Yoshi's Crafted World
  • Kirby's Epic Yarn
  • Yoshi's Woolly World
  • Wario Land: Shake It!
  • Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
https://mynintendonews.com/2020/10/...leasing-an-action-game-on-the-switch-in-2021/

From the concept art seen in the article for the game, the first thing that came to mind was Ganbare Goemon (Mystical Ninja for the gaijin). There's another game that has an Edo Japan feel to it from the SNES era that it also reminds me of but, I can't remember the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom