• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

childishgamgeno

Smash Journeyman
Chrom did have his Mii costume but he's part of Nintendo, however, this is Square, they're probably not okay with having Geno in as a newcomer and as a Mii costume. So in this case, there could be only one... it's either the Mii costume or being a newcomer, which could mean Geno is being saved as a newcomer for DLC instead of the Mii costume this time.
Whew, this is literally double or nothing. I like your logic tho. It would make sense for Square not to want to give us the costume for free as well as Chocobo when Cloud was hard to get.

And so the plot thickens. This is the weirdest and most confusing situation I've seen based on actual data and not fake info. I feel like with every new piece of information we are given on Geno, his chances of being playable simultaneously increase and decrease at the same time. This entire thing is extremely odd for so many reasons. Lol
SERIOUSLY. It's like as soon as we make some progress SOMETHING ELSE HAPPENS. Now its like...DOWN TO THE WIRE

dreamstar_g

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
7952 9587 6387
And so the plot thickens. This is the weirdest and most confusing situation I've seen based on actual data and not fake info. I feel like with every new piece of information we are given on Geno, his chances of being playable simultaneously increase and decrease at the same time. This entire thing is extremely odd for so many reasons. Lol
its like a jenga tower. we lose some and gain some, and it topples over most of the time, but maybe we’ll have our chance at standing all the way through it

cybersai

Smash Ace
Square AND Nintendo, cause this shows Nintendo clearly doesn't give a **** about what we fans have requested and instead would rather put names no one asked for ( Incineroar,Corrin, THE ****ING PLANT )
LOL, what? Are you a teenager? I'd hope so, because what you're posting makes no sense. Square allows them certain characters, and Geno certainly isn't going to be chosen over a Pokemon, Nintendo's top selling franchise for the base roster.

If anything this means Geno is likely for DLC due to them still having the rights. Your rants make no sense.

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
I'm gonna be frank, all of these revelations to me scream that either Geno is in Ultimate as DLC along with Monster Hunter or we have pretty much lost the only way we can even pretend to play Geno in Smash. (And poor Viridi.)

It's no longer a coin flip as to if he's in or not, it's pretty much a straight bullet.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently ALL third party costumes are gone

So it's not exclusive to Geno

cybersai

Smash Ace
All third party costumes being gone is probably because you'll have to pay for them rather than being given them for free.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Square AND Nintendo, cause this shows Nintendo clearly doesn't give a **** about what we fans have requested and instead would rather put names no one asked for ( Incineroar,Corrin, THE ****ING PLANT )
Take it easy, Uraraka, just calm down. It's not Nintendo's fault, it's Square's problem because they're stingy and don't want to give him up. If Nintendo owned Geno and Mallow, they would've been in the "Everyone is Here" E3 trailer already.

We would've gotten Geno in Brawl because Sakurai wanted him in.
I think we would've gotten Mallow in Smash 3DS/Wii U.

childishgamgeno

Smash Journeyman
its like a jenga tower. we lose some and gain some, and it topples over most of the time, but maybe we’ll have our chance at standing all the way through it
Quoting you to say i freaking love your avatar

And so the roller coaster continues.
The stakes are like...the highest theyve ever been right now.

Someone beat me too it, but maybe you have to pay for all third party...they found Monster Hunter content tho right???...So weird. Lloyd is still out? And Heihachi? Are they spirits too?

Last edited:

Burr.

Smash Cadet
Ay dios mio esto es mucho para mi corazon. nomas quiero saber si es un personaje o no en este punto. Ya ni me important si esta en el juego o no

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Take it easy, Uraraka, just calm down. It's not Nintendo's fault, it's Square's problem because they're stingy and don't want to give him up. If Nintendo owned Geno and Mallow, they would've been in the "Everyone is Here" E3 trailer already.

We would've gotten Geno in Brawl because Sakurai wanted him in.
I think we would've gotten Mallow in Smash 3DS/Wii U.
It might not even be Squares fault if all of the third party costumes are gone. Really, no one is to blame here.

owjies

Smash Journeyman

Yikes, gut punch on top of gut punch. I actually kinda liked Geno's Mii Costume too. Roller coaster is the correct description. I guess Nintendo cheaped out on all the 3rd party costumes. Either that or they're all DLC...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Apparently all the third party Mii costumes are gone but it's still a significant point to make because 8 of the 14 have a tangible form in Ultimate anyways. The remaining 6 are Gil (a literal who), Jacky (already represented by Akira), Heihachi (who Sakurai said was too complicated to make playable), Llyod, Hunter, and Geno. The last three definitely strike me as realistic DLC choices.

Add in: Wow, golly gee, all three belong to separate third parties. Watta coincidence.

Last edited:

childishgamgeno

Smash Journeyman
Apparently all the third party Mii costumes are gone but it's still a significant point to make because 8 of the 14 have a tangible form in Ultimate anyways. The remaining 6 are Gil (a literal who), Jacky (already represented by Akira), Heihachi (who Sakurai said was too complicated to make playable), Llyod, Hunter, and Geno.
And didn't someone find something Monster Hunter related in the data? Not too mention that the 8 or the 14 are ATs right? Which includes Rathalos.

So all of the 3rd party Mii Costumes have been getting represented in some way shape of form even when theyre not found in the game as of yet. And remember when Sakurai said he hoped people would feel like they were playing Rex with the Mii Costume? Isnt that what he told us about Geno last time? Hmmm...

yakko789

Smash Apprentice
Holy Hell I was literally looking at this thread last night all caught up and stuff back on page 330, now there are 11 more pages. It's impossible to keep up with you guys! SO reading some of the recent posts, Geno and Mallow have spirits?? Geno costume is gone?? No SMRPG music? My head is spinning. Lol, what if we got Geno and Mallow as separate characters?! lol I can dream.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace

I see this as a con for Geno's inclusion. Oh no. :(

I mean, if it was just Geno and Chocobo, it would be more of a pro for his inclusion.
Hopefully this doesn't affect Geno's chances.

Last edited:

*Verrix*

Smash Apprentice
Ugh... I was so hopeful. Trying to believe still. It still seems like he's the most likely Square rep regardless.

dreamstar_g

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
7952 9587 6387
Is SMRPG the only franchise represented by both a costume and spirit? Excluding franchises that also already have fighters too.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
And didn't someone find something Monster Hunter related in the data? Not too mention that the 8 or the 14 are ATs right? Which includes Rathalos.

So all of the 3rd party Mii Costumes have been getting represented in some way shape of form even when theyre not found in the game as of yet. And remember when Sakurai said he hoped people would feel like they were playing Rex with the Mii Costume? Isnt that what he told us about Geno last time? Hmmm...
Of those 8 that I mentioned, 4 were promoted to being ATs (Zero, Knuckles, Rathalos, and Akira), 1 joined a Final Smash (Protoman), 2 were already part of one (Megaman X and Megaman exe), and one's background character (Tails).

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
X costume is apparently still in from what I heard so not all 3rd party costumes are gone.

Last edited:

childishgamgeno

Smash Journeyman
Of those 8 that I mentioned, 4 were promoted to being ATs (Zero, Knuckles, Rathalos, and Akira), 1 joined a Final Smash (Protoman), 2 were already part of one (Megaman X and Megaman exe), and one's background character (Tails).
Either way we look at it, it's tricky. I don't think a missing Mii costume is a direct deconfirm. It's definitely strange tho. But maybe we'd have to pay for it again. But note all past Mii costumes have been getting bumps in accessibility in Smash Ultimate. (either as ATs, Final Smashes, Bosses, or straight up playable.) Zero is a Spirit and a Mii costume AND an AT. So is Tails, Rathalos is a Boss and AT who was a Mii Costume. For technicality sake, K.Rool has a Mii Costume, an alternate spirit form AND is playable.

Geno's (and Chocobo's) missing costume could be indicitive of Square not playing ball as easily as Capcom (I mean LOOK at all the Megaman spirits in comparison to Square Enix spirits) BUT they definitely played ball with the likeness right for the spirit and token. But a Spirit and Mii Costume can exist and the character can be in SU

Last edited:

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
So , according to datamining , there is a Geno and a Mallow Spirit.ACCORDING TO DATAMINING.

Remember... No actual gameplay footage ... They may have been cut... I saw someone mentioning a Geno & Mallow tag Team character ...

Also , no Mii costume... BUT , a spirit ? Like... WTF? If they wanted to do a spirit battle , the costume was the OBVIOUS way to go ! Now they have what , Megaman ?
And even , why would he get such a downgrade like that , for no stinking reason ? If there was nothing , It's just Square beeing greedy , but there is Geno in the game ...

Yeah , most of the third party Mii costumes are gone...

I was sure that the online token was for the Mii costume.

It's for a spirit now ?

And even... No SMRPG music track ?

In my opinion , Frick if I'm disapointed , but this lean more towards confirmation than deconfirmation.

Burr.

Smash Cadet
Loliko has a point. Datamining doesn't really mean anything since cut content can also be in there. I guess we'll have to wait for Polar's info on this whole thing

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
The Mii costume is really gone...
That's kinda, not so good news in my opinion. I really liked it, and was looking forward to using it.
At least Geno's looking pretty likely. Are there and other Sqaure characters with a spirit?

DIY

Smash Apprentice
That's kinda, not so good news in my opinion. I really liked it, and was looking forward to using it.
At least Geno's looking pretty likely. Are there and other Sqaure characters with a spirit?
Only Cloud with two spirits, apparently.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Except for Cloud , and MAYBE Geno and Mallow... No SE Spirits have been found.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
A spirit plus Mii costume would have been an instant KO anyways because why have the actual Geno when you could just do the Mii costume in Spirits mode ala Lip and Spring Man? If we had gotten that combination, it would have been game over so he dodged a bullet there.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
A spirit plus Mii costume would have been an instant KO anyways because why have the actual Geno when you could just do the Mii costume in Spirits mode ala Lip and Spring Man? If we had gotten that combination, it would have been game over so he dodged a bullet there.
Also , why would SE allow BOTH Geno and Mallow to be spirit in the base game ? If they really are this stingy with content , why did they allow that , BUT , not the costume ?

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Isn't it weird though that no one up to this point has actually encountered the Geno or Mallow spirits? I know there are over 1000 or so but still. It seems like the majority had been found by now. Also the no costume thing is super weird but also may be promising? It is really weird that of all the SE properties we only have a Cloud spirit and 2 characters from SMRPG. I really want this to be good news but honestly I have no clue what any of this means.

childishgamgeno

Smash Journeyman
Also I checked the wiki for all Mii Costumes in Smash Wii U. Filtering out general items (Monkey, Cat):

• Majora's Mask (Skull Kid is AT)
  • X (Mega Man Final Smash)
  • Proto Man (Final Smash)
  • Dunban (Final Smash)
  • Isabelle (Fighter)
  • Zero (AT & Spirit)
  • MegaMan.EXE (Final Smash)
  • Inkling (Fighter)
  • Heihachi (?)
  • Akira (AT)
  • Jacky (?)
  • Lloyd (?)
  • Flying Man (Stage Hazard & AT(?))
  • King K. Rool (Fighter &sort of Spirit)
  • Chrom (Fighter)
  • Black Knight (AT)
  • Hunter (?)
  • Rathalos (AT & Boss)
  • Viridi (Background/Stage Hazard/Palutena Guidance)
  • Toad (Peach/Daisy moveset)
  • Geno (Spirit?)
  • Chocobo Hat (currently missing)
  • Ashley (AT)
  • Knuckles (AT)
  • Gil's (?)
  • Tails (Background and Spirit)
  • Takamaru (AT & Spirit?)

Now I don't know which ones made it or didnt make it over to Ultimate but the only people missing is Heihachi, Jacky, Lloyd, Hunter, Gil, and now Geno. I also think Gil would make a cool DLC character while we're here. Idk if this is good or bad for Geno's chances. But he's in as a Spirit so they know he exists.

ADD: And given previous info, they HAVE to know his demand. If the theory that we have to pay is true, it could explain Chocobo being missing as well. I think itd be more alarming if it was just Geno. But no Chocobo and only two Cloud spirits (the only guy they actually have rights too atm. No Zack right?) it might be a Square issue not a Nintendo issue (especially since some of these other franchises, ESPECIALLY Mega Man, have tons of representation in Spirits). Also, if Verge is still correct about a Square DLC being FORSURE playable, they can do it like they did Cloud. With the Rep (Hopefully Geno) the music, stage, costumes, and spirits. (Wasn't there a theory going around that more spirits could be added over time?)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom