• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
it is possible that some of the taunt buttons are used for non offensive moves like spawning the workbench/crafting, how many of the taunts do we have accounted for
Eating seems to be one based on one of the website images, I can't really account for the other two though. Maybe the headbanging they do, but I think that's probably an idle.

Last edited:

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Someone please explain to me how a character that had been rumored/leaked for two years finally getting in the game is reason to dismiss a mii costume leak from less than a year ago. In what way does Steve invalidate Geno or Cacomallow? Like the one thing that's a hit against Geno is that he's not 77. But take a step back. If he was planned for E3 and E3 was canceled because of Covid and both he and Steve were basically done is it that crazy for Microsoft to have requested Steve be revelaed before to coincide with the Minecraft convention? Because everything else about this feels more like points for Geno/Cacomallow than anything else.
You read my post correctly, right? Because I am in agreement with you that this bodes well for CacoMallow! I don't know if this post was directed at me, I just wanted to make sure we were clear

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Considering CP 8 was planned for E3 alongside Steve, do you guys think we won't get anymore reveals till next year?

My guess is March 2021.
If Steve is coming later this month, I'd say somewhere between TGAs and early March is a likely range for the next fighter, especially since they're going to have to pick up the pace a bit if they're still hoping to meet their December 31st deadline.

Lmao what if Steve can give Wolf a bone and force him to be on his team
If you're having a 1v1 against Wolf and you give him a bone, the match immediately ends and you win. :ultpacman:

QQS

Smash Lord
Where's QQS QQS ? Did he post his response to Steve already?
Bros and friends, Im still alive. It was 11am the trailer here. I didn’t answer before cause work. I though it was Geno, but as I always said, him not being 77 doesn’t affect his chances to be playable. It would have been just a sweet coincidence. I’m not even mad with Steve and Minecraft in Smash, I’m actually happy for the fans; and mostly for Smash being bigger with more representation, with more games, more stage and music, and more people will play this masterpiece. Also the game keeps being more amazing and you can have even more third party icons battling themselves. Also I haven’t played Minecraft ever but I know it’s kind of a big deal and sells millions, so I’m happy for the fans. I’m just devastated cause it sucks keep waiting. Even if I wasn’t supporting online before Ultimate, I played SMRPG in 1996 or 1997 with 6 or 7 seven years old, and been dying to see Geno playable all my life in my favorite game: Smash. I was half paid when Mega Man joined but I need to finish this with Geno. I know that will my 30 years or 31 next year, I will see Geno playable.

As I always said, Geno is 100% playable if you follow all the patterns (missing costume, spirit upgrade with MinMin, takedowns, Ridley, KKR, B-K, back to basics, Square having his 2 icons already, Sakurai’s recognition, etc.). Geno is in as a FULL FIGHTER and no one would convince me on the opposite idea, UNTIL: I saw his old costume returning, a premium costume or maybe another Square playable like Sora. Anyway, on this last idea, I don’t think it’s happening and even if they announce Sora and not Geno Mii returning, Geno would be still on the table. It’s crazy but Microsoft have already 2 reps. So in that example Sora could be playable and Geno also. But I’m just stretching, for me the only left Square rep is Geno.

Anyway, I’m a man based on faith, if you don’t believe in you, who will? Anything starts from oneself, we have to keep walking tall, this isn’t over, we have lost many battles but not the war, we are more strong than ever, bulletproof, and no one can beat us.

This isn’t over yet. As I said, I will stop fighting only if I see his costume returning or Sans style. Which isn’t happening cause Geno is saved for later, the cherry of the cake, or 78-79-80-81 or Bonus, but he is IN. If you don’t believe he is playable, you are blind. The number 77 was only fan love coincidence, but not more than that.

Don’t forget that also next March SMRPG will turn 25° years. I’m still 100% convinced Geno and Crash are next.

It sucks the wait, but hey, the victory will be even sweeter...when GENO AWAKENS!

Last edited:

Heoj

Smash Ace
Damn, if were likely to see 6 mii costumes from steve, id say theres actually a decent chance we could see that cacodemon. I dont think its likely but we would just instantly win if that happened.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I will say that the missing posts still point towards Steve coming with 6 Mii Costumes on Saturday, wondering who exactly we are going to see.
OH! THAT'S RIGHT! You uncovered that 7 was going to be the first character since Joker to get a full set of Mii costumes. Considering what a grab bag Banjo was, this should be interesting. I'm specifically looking out for Cacodemon, Chief, Ryu, and Lloyd on Saturday because those will be the big game changers if they show up.

TheShiningAbsol

Smash Journeyman
I'm praying my ass that I don't see Lloyd's mii costume come back soooo badly… god, I'm genuinely in the same position as you guys with geno honestly lol.
But Naz, you don't have to worry about it :4pacman:
If it's steve I'm deleting smash, so… yeah, it was a pleasure meeting ya all, lol

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
If Steve is coming later this month, I'd say somewhere between TGAs and early March is a likely range for the next fighter, especially since they're going to have to pick up the pace a bit if they're still hoping to meet their December 31st deadline.
So, I just thought of something... According to the information we have, I was able to piece together something interesting.

The date they set for the end of the Fighter's Pass Vol. 2 was December 2021. This is before all the shutdowns and the quarantines, which don't matter because Sakurai said their work wasn't impeded by them in any way.

With this being the case, why would they set this extremely far off date? Sure, they added one more character on the development list, but that shouldn't overly affect the whole pass' release schedule compared to the previous pass, right?

Perhaps the strangely long time for the pass was because they knew the first two characters of this pass were going to take a very long time, and even potentially be delayed for longer stretches? They even admitted that they delayed Min Min's release due to development difficulties. And based on what Imran said and what Sakurai said, it seems that Steve was quite an ordeal himself.

With that in mind, perhaps the only reason things have taken so long is because of the sheer difficulty of what they were trying to accomplish, yet they resolved to release these characters first without swapping them around like they easily could have.

Thus my theory is now this: with the two most complicated Smash characters ever designed out of the way, maybe we'll see a more consistent and frequent reveal & release schedule more akin to Pass 1?

Last edited:

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
OH! THAT'S RIGHT! You uncovered that 7 was going to be the first character since Joker to get a full set of Mii costumes. Considering what a grab bag Banjo was, this should be interesting. I'm specifically looking out for Cacodemon, Chief, Ryu, and Lloyd on Saturday because those will be the big game changers if they show up.
Yeah we have Cacodemon to look forward to on Saturday! If we see Cacodemon that could be just as good as a victory for us Genofans!

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Okay, the upcoming Steve presentation is 45 minutes long https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1311675617889394689
Oh boy, I can't wait for Sakurai to show off his cool Minecraft worlds!
And I'm not being sarcastic either, that actually sounds pretty interesting.

Yeah we have Cacodemon to look forward to on Saturday! If we see Cacodemon that could be just as good as a victory for us Genofans!
But even if we don't see that Cacodemon hat, it'll still be good for us since Geno's costume will still be M.I.A.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
You read my post correctly, right? Because I am in agreement with you that this bodes well for CacoMallow! I don't know if this post was directed at me, I just wanted to make sure we were clear
I don't even know who you are. I'm just posting that because I saw several people basically throwing in the towel for both Geno and cacomallow right after the reveal for no clear reason.

Skull Leader

Smash Cadet
So, I just thought of something... According to the information we have, I was able to piece together something interesting.

The date they set for the end of the Fighter's Pass Vol. 2 was December 2021. This is before all the shutdowns and the quarantines, which don't matter because Sakurai said their work wasn't impeded by them in any way.

With this being the case, why would they set this extremely far off date? Sure, they added one more character on the development list, but that shouldn't overly affect the whole pass' release schedule compared to the previous pass, right?

Perhaps the strangely long time for the pass was because they knew the first two characters of this pass were going to take a very long time, and even potentially be delayed for longer stretches? They even admitted that they delayed Min Min's release due to development difficulties. And based on what Imran said and what Sakurai said, it seems that Steve was quite an ordeal himself.

With that in mind, perhaps the only reason things have taken so long is because of the sheer difficulty of what they were trying to accomplish, yet they resolved to release these characters first without swapping them around like they easily could have.

Thus my theory is now this: with the two most complicated Smash characters ever designed out of the way, maybe we'll more a more consistent and frequent reveal & release schedule more akin to Pass 1?
I think that could also play into the idea that maybe Steve is really Fighter 9 or 10 that's been moved up by Nintendo. That would have given 6-8 and 9-11 each a "difficult" fighter to develop but Nintendo thought that Minecraft may help boost sales of the pass now rather than later.

I'm leaning more toward Sakurai being really frustrated with Minecraft's inclusion timing, but happy that its over now and he can settle into a rhythm and finish the pass without disruptions.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Quick rundown for those who didn't see the breakdown a few days ago, since we know the photo contest is post 103, and the last official post was number 91, it gives us 11 slots to fill with this update. This isn't the exact order they will likely be in but that doesn't really matter, just what posts we will see based on past updates.

• 92: The Warning for the Update, sent a few days ahead of time, protect replays, ect
  • 93: The Update is Available Now
  • 94: Challenger Pack 7 is Available Now
  • 95: Fighter Pass 2 is Available Now
  • 96: Exclusive Offer for Switch Online Members (one has come with every character release since Terry)
  • 97: Mii Costume 1
  • 98: Mii Costume 2
  • 99: Mii Costume 3
  • 100: Mii Costume 4
  • 101: Mii Costume 5(?)
  • 102: MIi Costume 6(?)
Pretty much all of these seem inevitable since every character has come with atleast 4 mii costumes, unless there is a random General Post thrown in there, which I can't think of what it would be for, this all checks out.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I wonder what Mii Costumes were “cut” from the other Challenger Packs, if Joker and presumably Steve are meant to be the Golden Standard. Is that something that in any way ties into your Power of Six theory?

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord

Thus my theory is now this: with the two most complicated Smash characters ever designed out of the way, maybe we'll see a more consistent and frequent reveal & release schedule more akin to Pass 1?
Funny enough, I had a similar theory months ago. I speculated that FP2 would take longer to make due to containing more complicated characters. And now, that has held true for two! Geno would also be a more complicated character because timed hits would have to be balanced carefully. Make them too easy/good, and you could have a broken monster on your hands. Make them too hard/bad, and Geno could be a bad character, competitively. I don't think it would be as much of an ordeal as Min Min's arms or Steve's blocks, but certainly a little more complicated than normal.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm praying my ass that I don't see Lloyd's mii costume come back soooo badly… god, I'm genuinely in the same position as you guys with geno honestly lol.
Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it. I noticed that back in Smash 4 that Lloyd was literally the only third party character of his respective wave. Heihachi, Gil, and Lloyd all came seperately in Wave 2, 3, and 6 and Heihachi has already been released alone with Min Min meaning Gil and Lloyd very likely wouldn't be paired up. I know there's been some weird Mii costume choices for packs but I don't really see Lloyd happening with Steve. Plus, as you're well aware, Namco announced the Tales 25th anniversary in January and has done **** all with it so far so I seriously doubt they're going to unceremoniously kill off Lloyd with Minecraft Steve as part of it.

a random user

Smash Journeyman

If you're having a 1v1 against Wolf and you give him a bone, the match immediately ends and you win. :ultpacman:
that only works if wolves are neutral, agrod wolves cant be feed

MattX20

Smash Hero
Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it. I noticed that back in Smash 4 that Lloyd was literally the only third party character of his respective wave. Heihachi, Gil, and Lloyd all came seperately in Wave 2, 3, and 6 and Heihachi has already been released alone with Min Min meaning Gil and Lloyd very likely wouldn't be paired up. I know there's been some weird Mii costume choices for packs but I don't really see Lloyd happening with Steve. Plus, as you're well aware, Namco announced the Tales 25th anniversary in January and has done **** all with it so far so I seriously doubt they're going to unceremoniously kill off Lloyd with Minecraft Steve as part of it.
If any of the remaining Mii Costumes from Smash 4 show up for this wave, most likely it's the Monster Hunter ones or Gil

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I'm extremely doubtful of Geno or any fighter for that matter happening any time soon, least of all November. I know we all speculated that the Mario Tourney was held back in November to let Geno get in and round out the cast but with the pace the characters have been going at I just don't see it happening

Heoj

Smash Ace
I'm extremely doubtful of Geno or any fighter for that matter happening any time soon, least of all November. I know we all speculated that the Mario Tourney was held back in November to let Geno get in and round out the cast but with the pace the characters have been going at I just don't see it happening

Im not sure i can agree, i feel like theres a decent chance we could still see fp8 this year.

FE_SLaDe

Smash Apprentice
Welp, while Steve isn't what we wanted I still feel pretty optimistic because it means that you guys were spot on about Microsoft getting another character (even if it wasn't Chief). I'm looking forward to the Mii Costume segment on Saturday (particularly if a certain Cacodemon hat appears or not). I'm also hoping Lloyd doesn't appear simply because it could show they're willing to push back the remaining Smash 4 Mii costumes to possibly even the end of FP2 and I'd rather know whether or not Geno is getting costume'd again or not.

I think I speak for us all on this, it's getting quite old having to hold my breath during every Mii costume showcase and I'm kinda growing weary of it at this point.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Firox

Smash Master
Alright, people, place your bets! What do you think the chances are that we get another reveal before the end of the year?

Based on what we've gotten this year, I'm thinking about 10% chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom