• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So if I understand right, is this the bot Nintendo uses for the Ultimate website that is gonna have something in September 30? Tomorrow? If something happens tomorrow, it will be the Mr. Sakurai Presents Announcent. Interesting
Don't get too confident. It may or may not happen. I do hope something happens, but I am personally going to keep my expectations in check.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I sure hope that Tracer leak is fake... If I had to pick a single most distasteful character to put into Smash. I think it'd be Tracer. I like nothing about her whatsoever, but I love Overwatch and the idea of Overwatch as a whole. In fact I hate everything that character represents so much that her inclusion would sour the Smash Bros franchise for me as a whole. ESPECIALLY WHEN THERE IS A MUCH MORE DESERVING character housed under the SAME COMPANY...that they would be brushing off for her instead.....

Tracer getting added into Smash would be absolute worst case scenario for me. Byleth was a blessing compared to something like Tracer in my eyes.

The 3rd party we NEED is Geno, Crash, or Master Chief. Its that simple as they represent GAMING LEGACY AS A WHOLE a hell of a lot better than Tracer ever will.... yeesh

Last edited:

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
I sure hope that Tracer leak is fake... If I had to pick a single most distasteful character to put into Smash. I think it'd be Tracer. I like nothing about her whatsoever, but I love Overwatch and the idea of Overwatch as a whole. In fact I hate everything that character represents so much that her inclusion would sour the Smash Bros franchise for me as a whole. ESPECIALLY WHEN THERE IS A MUCH MORE DESERVING character housed under the SAME COMPANY...that they would be brushing off for her instead.....

Tracer getting added into Smash would be absolute worst case scenario for me. Byleth was a blessing compared to something like Tracer in my eyes.

The 3rd party we NEED is Geno, Crash, or Master Chief. Its that simple as they represent GAMING as a whole a hell of a lot better than Tracer.... yeesh
What Tracer leak?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Where do I even begin...

-Claims Tracer was decided earlier this year. Sakurai himself said the Season 2 picks were finalized by mid January.

-Nintendo confirmed that work was already being done on Season 2 as of September 2019. If Tracer was 7 but wasn't finalized until "the early months of 2020", this does not line up with the development timeline at all because the last character would have been negotiated around this time, not the second of six.

-Unless the person is a playtester, getting information on actual character stats is extremely hard.

-Claims to know Tracer's trailer; even more super specific information that typically only the developers themselves know until their debut.

Waaaaaaaaay too many red flags here.

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Where do I even begin...

-Claims Tracer was decided earlier this year. Sakurai himself said the Season 2 picks were finalized by mid January.

-Nintendo confirmed that work was already being done on Season 2 as of September 2019. If Tracer was 7 but wasn't finalized until "the early months of 2020", this does not line up with the development timeline at all because the last character would have been negotiated around this time, not the second of six.

-Unless the person is a playtester, getting information on actual character stats is extremely hard.

-Claims to know Tracer's trailer; even more super specific information that typically only the developers themselves know until their debut.

Waaaaaaaaay too many red flags here.
I'm sorry, but you've got it all wrong, there's a simple flow chart for the believability of leaks:
Does it say Geno?
Yes -> Doubt it immediately, it's 99.9999% fake at best
No -> See question below
Does it say Geno is not next or deconfirmed?
Yes -> See question below
No -> 50/50 real/fake
Is it believable at all?
Yes -> It's 100% real, start panicking/celebrating
No -> It's 100% real, start panicking/celebrating

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
I'm sorry, but you've got it all wrong, there's a simple flow chart for the believability of leaks:
Does it say Geno?
Yes -> Doubt it immediately, it's 99.9999% fake at best
No -> See question below
Does it say Geno is not next or deconfirmed?
Yes -> See question below
No -> 50/50 real/fake
Is it believable at all?
Yes -> It's 100% real, start panicking/celebrating
No -> It's 100% real, start panicking/celebrating
I made this in MS Paint for everyone to conceptualize it better as SBs didn't wanna format my post nicely lol
1601435015420.png

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I will never believe a leak that goes too far in to details. A lot of the real text leaks we've gotten in the past like Vergeben and Shinobi's Banjo post were all very cryptic, and all it really implied was that X character is in Smash. Neither of these leaks go in to detail besides confirming or deconfirming certain characters. I doubt any insider like as I mentioned Vergeben and Shinobi would be in the know of everything like stats and moves ect.

So basically what I'm saying is, throw that leak in the trash because it definitely isn't real.

MexoKatonSB

Smash Cadet
at this point. i feel we'll be seeing something tomorrow. best to get some rest

well...that is if you plan on staying up and stalking Nintendo's twitter every hour or so. but hey, more power to ya if you plan to do that

have to pull an all nighter anyways. school work. but hey, i'll be keeping an eye out for you guys.

eyes on the prize ladies and gents. we're so close to victory!

T2by4

Smash Lord
1601146968127.jpg

Let's hope we wake up to some smash announcement tomorrow fellas. I wanna get this bad taste of "tracer for smash" nonsense out of my mouth, hell, I'd take Heavy from TF2 over literally any Overwatch rep. Anyways, let's hope for some news tomorrow, got a bad feeling that if an announcement did happen tomorrow it would be a war between Tracerfans and Genobros like the Steve vs Banjo war a year ago.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
So this weeks tournament got put onto the in-game site, seems like they skipped another number going straight from 30 to 32. So now that's two in about the last month given the entire week they skipped with no event at all. What does it mean? Unlike the General Post numbers skipping around it doesn't really tell us anything other than "they skipped over a tourney for some reason". This hasn't really happened at all since like February though where for the few months between November and February they were all over the place for both tourneys and spirit events, so I just take it as another sign that, "yep, something is indeed happening soon."

Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
ACE9D570-E054-4315-B316-7941526328C2.jpeg

I have a new theory. Not Geno related but Smash related.

I was looking the Fighters section on the official website to see if Min Min got removed the “new” tab and not yet. But; I came up with this theory. After the last fighter of SMASH DLC which is DLC PACK #11 which is Fighter #81 on the roster, then the page sends you to the first order again, starting from #1. So I had in my eyes #81 and then #1 for the first time I thought of this. I always believed that if #81 is the last character in Smash it could be something totally unexpected like Master Chief, Sora with all the Disney stuff or even something Sony related. Well the thing, what a better and beautiful way to end the roster with the same franchise that started it all? I mean, #1 is MARIO and #81 could be JUMPMAN. Magically, it’s a match with the number where Mario (Jumpman on Donkey Kong) originally started in 1981.

Sounds crazy, but this is Nintendo and I think it’s a choice.

This is their flag franchise after all and it would be:

-a Mario character starting the whole roster: Mario, which is the undisputed number #1.
-a Mario character starting the DLC: Plant.
-a Mario character finishing the whole roster and the DLC cycle: Jumpman, which would be #81 originated in a game from 1981.

He could be a tribute to the whole Company, he can have different attacks, a hammer, he can summon that DK in his Final Smash, I don’t know.

Anyway, it’s just a crazy number idea and closing the cycle, closing the game and going back full circle with all the roster and Nintendo History.

Would like to see what Fatmanonice Fatmanonice and papagenos papagenos think.

Thanks for reading and hope to see the GENO AWAKENS or GENO JOINS THE PARTY or GENO ALIGNS or GENO RETURNS or GENO LANDS FROM THE STARS or GENO GETS POSSESSED or GENO DESCENDS TO BATTLE very soon. 100% sure Geno is happening as a Full Fighter.

Best wishes!

EDIT:

The #81 refers the 1981 where Jumpman/Mario was born; and the DLC pack #11 could refer to 11th of July 2015, 11 was the day where Satoru Iwata passes away. May he rests in peace.

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
View attachment 287353

I was looking the Fighters section on the official website to see if Min Min got removed the “new” tab and not yet. But; I came up with this theory. After the last fighter of SMASH DLC which is DLC PACK #11 which is Fighter #81 on the roster, then the page sends you to the first order again, starting from #1. So I had in my eyes #81 and then #1 for the first time I thought of this. I always believed that if #81 is the last character in Smash it could be something totally unexpected like Master Chief, Sora with all the Disney stuff or even something Sony related. Well the thing, what a better and beautiful way to end the roster with the same franchise that started it all? I mean, #1 is MARIO and #81 could be JUMPMAN. Magically, it’s a match with the number where Mario (Jumpman on Donkey Kong) originally started in 1981.

-a Mario character starting the whole roster: Mario, which is the undisputed number #1.
-a Mario character finishing the whole roster and the DLC cycle: Jumpman, which would be #81 originated in a game from 1981.

He could be a tribute to the whole Company, he can have different attacks, a hammer, he can summon that DK in his Final Smash, I don’t know.

Anyway, it’s just a crazy number idea and closing the cycle, closing the game and going back full circle with all the roster and Nintendo History.

Thanks for reading and hope to see the GENO AWAKENS or GENO JOINS THE PARTY or GENO ALIGNS or GENO RETURNS or GENO LANDS FROM THE STARS or GENO GETS POSSESSED or GENO DESCENDS TO BATTLE very soon. 100% sure Geno is happening as a Full Fighter.

Best wishes!
Seems cool but the thing is isn't Jumpman literally Mario? I don't feel this is a doc situation as while he is still the same, he at the very least was conveyed differently just on the basis of having a completely different outfit. That's not really the case here as it's pretty much meant to be conveying Mario just with a slightly different colour pallette.

I know they added Mario and Luigi based on their old appearances to Mario Kart Tour and the way they were portrayed was as just a recolour based on them instead of taking the original sprite or something. I like the idea but one major design philosophy Sakurai has is that they are made to look like a silhouette to try and convey difference between what they look like and how they appear based on their appearance, and I don't know if a recolour would work as well tbh. I think that's why alt skins exist since they are made to just make characters look different so people don't get confused when fighting several of the same character which obviously means they don't need to convey those differences across.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
View attachment 287353

Best wishes!

EDIT:

The #81 refers the 1981 where Jumpman/Mario was born; and the DLC pack #11 could refer to 11th of July 2015, 11 was the day where Satoru Iwata passes away. May he rests in peace.
Potentially, I see this working for Pauline as well.

- She's in the 1981 game with Mario/Jumpman.

- With Peach, Daisy and Rosalina in, she stands as the only Mushroom gal left who has yet to be playable.

- Eversince becoming the mayor of New Donk City and having pixelated DK attend at the festival in Odyssey, it could imply the two finally getting along so if anybody should summon that barrel throwing bane of children's quarters, she should for putting up with it heh

Last edited:

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
I will never believe a leak that goes too far in to details. A lot of the real text leaks we've gotten in the past like Vergeben and Shinobi's Banjo post were all very cryptic, and all it really implied was that X character is in Smash. Neither of these leaks go in to detail besides confirming or deconfirming certain characters. I doubt any insider like as I mentioned Vergeben and Shinobi would be in the know of everything like stats and moves ect.

So basically what I'm saying is, throw that leak in the trash because it definitely isn't real.
There have been a few that give detail, but never about how the character plays or anything like that. The original E3 2018 leak told us some of the new stuff that would be revealed in the trailer, but failed to mention everyone was back. That Reddit leaker who was a game tester told us how Incineroar would play, said we'd get Ken, and said Plant was in a "car."

I suppose I'm just saying that whenever we have gotten details they have been scant, but they do happen. The people who have access to the games early and would also happen to be people willing to post the stuff online seem to be people with either limited contact with the games or limited interest about the games so their ability to infer knowledge is itself limited. We have gotten quite a few accurate leaks for Nintendo games where the leaker gets details wrong because they just don't know, for example the leaker for Sword and Shield likely wasn't a die-hard Pokemon fan because he screwed up some minor details.

I'm willing to bet however that information for Smash has leaked and we just haven't been able to parse it out yet. The margin between people who are in the know and are willing to leak has gotten slimmer and I think remote work has allowed the team to be a little bit more secretive. But I do think there are people that know and I do think some of them have talked and we just haven't been able to figure out who's right or not. That's my take

Last edited:

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
Byleth is already in the game tho.
And Ike :4pacman:

View attachment 287353

Best wishes!

EDIT:

I actually think that would be super cool. There were people for a while even I think during the Brawl days theory crafting something similar like "Hanafuda Man". For Smash 4 there was a short lived leak that mentioned 8bit Mario as part of a NES Remix themed fighter, who would turn into different 8-bit sprites for its attacks.

It's probably not going to happen but I do kind of wish smash would have gone in that direction, just tossing in all sorts of wacky retro fighters and fighters with super weird gimmicks. I think once the door opened to third parties that kind of died as a possibility though.

Last edited:

Voe

Smash Journeyman
Overwatch isn't what I would think of first for Smash, but Tracer is cute, I guess. But give me her after Geno.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Jeff Kaplan said in an interview once that he would love any of the OW characters in Smash, which I guess would leave us in another "guess the ARMS Fighter for Smash" situation. Then again Tracer's the poster girl so I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard wanted her first for Smash.

Tracer would fine and all, but if it were me adding an OW character that would have the potential to be completely busted in Smash and ruin friendships I would go with Mei.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom