• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voe

Smash Journeyman
Imagine if something like this happened:

• Sakurai decides to reveal the rest of the Fighters Pass and 5 out 8 of the videos are for the rest of the remaining DLC fighters.
  • One video for the announcement of these characters having reveal trailers + demonstration video, and a reminder of the Mario Bros themed Tournament happening later this year.
  • One video announcing other new content coming to the game.
  • The last video wrapping up the development of the 2nd fighters pass, plus a thank you to the fans and his team for all of the hard work that went into Ultimate.

I'd love for this to be the case. I'm really thirsty for the next DLC fighter and I've got a feeling, a tin-foiled hat feeling, that whoever the next character's gonna be might also be playable just in time for the Mario Bros tourney.

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman
Lol, TheMasterOfDoom's Paper Mario reveal somehow made its way onto my Google news stream, and I about near had a heart attack.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Naigumi

Smash Cadet
Here's a few of the private videos in the web archive. Like it was already said, just old tournament videos.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate at CEO 2018 - https://web.archive.org/web/2018090...w.youtube.com/watch?v=XBSZEQSZJik&gl=US&hl=en

Play Nintendo - Super Smash Bros. Invitational @ E3 2014 - https://web.archive.org/web/20140531003346/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMQySEjyCUw

Play Nintendo - Super Smash Bros. Invitational Highlights - https://web.archive.org/web/20140614154858/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7UQU7Jzc04

Introducing: The Players! - Super Smash Bros. Invitational 2018 - https://web.archive.org/web/20180509155453if_/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouWuzQb9vNg

AdamBel731

Smash Ace

20200917_074136.jpg

Apparently a credible leaker has confirmed this. Whether or not the details are right, I think it is safe to say we'll see Monster Hunter today. While I'm not a huge Monster Hunter fan personally, I know that this would definitely be a huge announcement for a lot of people (I believe Monster Hunter is Capcom's biggest franchise now).

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Less than an hour and a half until the presentation and they still haven't announced the length... Very unusual. Typically they announce the length of a presentation a couple of hours before at the very least so it seems they're taking even more precautions than they normally do with presentations for this one.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Less than an hour and a half until the presentation and they still haven't announced the length... Very unusual. Typically they announce the length of a presentation a couple of hours before at the very least so it seems they're taking even more precautions than they normally do with presentations for this one.
If it can’t go higher than ~30 minutes because of the Mini branding, but they’re also not stating how long it is,

are we in for some fakeout “this is the en- JUST KIDDING, boom” shenanigans? It certainly seems like it at this point

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I know this is a stupid question because of how unlikely it is, but what are the chances we will see who is FP7 today?
I feel it’s unlikely; the showcase is supposed to just be 3rd-party titles. I can see the rumored SMRPG remake/sequel if Square still owns part of it like the original, though.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
I feel it’s unlikely; the showcase is supposed to just be 3rd-party titles. I can see the rumored SMRPG remake/sequel if Square still owns part of it like the original, though.
Surely if we get a SMRPG remake or sequel, a Geno smash trailer would come alongside it. So unless they do a separate Sakurai presents video afterwards, I’m not expecting that either.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
'We're extending the time frame from our normal Mini Directs! Now instead of 10 minutes, it will be 10.2 minutes! WOW, useless, we know!'

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman
Today in Square Enix news, this apparently leaked:

Final Fantasy 7 and 8 were sold as a physical combo in Asia but apparently Larry the inept intern struck again and it's going to be announced internationally soon. Man, Square Enix is really dedicated to putting out PHYSICAL VERSIONS of their CLASSIC GAMES on the NINTENDO SWITCH HOME VIDEO GAME CONSOLE, isn't it?
The article makes it seem like it's only for Europe.

MattX20

Smash Hero
If they do announce something Smash related, it won't be until the end of it and more than likely just an announcement for when the next Sakurai Presents is. That's the only possible way Smash would be incorporated here. Other than that, if we do get Smash news, there's a chance they'll announce the Sakurai Presents on Friday for Monday of next week so they get it done before the Tokyo Game Show

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Minutes away from the Direct Mini: Partner Showcase, reflecting on recent past showcases, there's a feeling of "it all comes back full circle". Small yet unimpressive, niche presentations; the July and August showcases rounded up about 20 minutes in total (approximately). What if let's say, those first two Partner Showcases were specifically made to cover the more niche, and some neat games, and September's is to revolve around the heavy third party hitters? What if this showcase will be the rest (better portion) of what would have been this year's E3 2020 Direct?

MattX20

Smash Hero
Minutes away from the Direct Mini: Partner Showcase, reflecting on recent past showcases, there's a feeling of "it all comes back full circle". Small yet unimpressive, niche presentations; the July and August showcases rounded up about 20 minutes in total (approximately). What if let's say, those first two Partner Showcases were specifically made to cover the more niche, and some neat games, and September's is to revolve around the heavy third party hitters? What if this showcase will be the rest (better portion) of what would have been this year's E3 2020 Direct?
Chances are this might very well be the last of the Partner Showcases that contained content intended for E3 this year.

Firox

Smash Master
I still believe Monster Hunter is out of the race. I mean, Ultimate already has Rathalos as a boss in the game and to me that shoots down Monster Hunter's chances.
Does it really hurt them? Or help them? Makes for an easy transition, I think. If nothing else, it shows that Sakurai acknowledged them. One could argue more so than a lot of other franchises.

(Mind you, I doesn't necessary WANT a MH character, I'm just thinking that it would be something Nintendo would do.)

Last edited:

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
I still believe Monster Hunter is out of the race. I mean, Ultimate already has Rathalos as a boss in the game and to me that shoots down Monster Hunter's chances.
Well a second fighter’s pass wasn’t even decided upon at the time the game came out, and I don’t see why Rathalos being a boss matters at all since that’s not the character that would be playable.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Does it really hurt them? Or help them? Makes for an easy transition, I think. If nothing else, it shows that Sakurai acknowledged them. One could argue more so than a lot of other franchises.
Well a second fighter’s pass wasn’t even decided upon at the time the game came out, and I don’t see why Rathalos being a boss matters at all since that’s not the character that would be playable.
I know Rathalos was a boss in base, but still I believe it still shoots down Monster Hunter's chances. It would be kind of weird having Rathalos in the game for 2 years and than Monster Hunter finally showing up as a fighter after all that time.

Giveaway412

Smash Cadet
I know Rathalos was a boss in base, but still I believe it still shoots down Monster Hunter's chances. It would be kind of weird having Rathalos in the game for 2 years and than Monster Hunter finally showing up as a fighter after all that time.
The Monster Hunter devs said they don't want a Monster Hunter character as a Smash Fighter. Rathalos is their preferred Monster Hunter representation.

EDIT: Sorry, misread what you were saying. I'll still leave this post up to add on to reasons why Monster Hunter is unlikely.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom