• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Everyone is hyped about paper mario spirits but damn, they did my man Olly dirty. He should’ve been a legendary spirit. Sticker star bowser gets a legendary spirit but Olly, the guy Who’s Name is the title of the game is relegated to 3 starts. For shame Nintendo, for shame.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
It’s kinda too late for MM2, Yoshi’s Crafted World already has representation I think. Luigi’s Mansion 3 spirits are still a possibility though. I’d say around like Halloween time.
I wouldn't exactly say it's not too late for LM3 spirits. The average wait time for spirit events is 3 months and LM3 passed that a long time ago. Spirits being added a full year after a game was out is honestly a real long shot so for now they are in the same boat as MM2 where they are just missing

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Nintendo has until 11:59PM Friday to announce anything Direct related, so we shouldn't worry yet. There's also the timeline where Insiders are right about Friday, but that's when Nintendo ANNOUNCES a Direct.

Heoj

Smash Ace
Aight, so paper mario getting shredded is another pretty good sign for geno, its pretty crazy that the past 3 spirit events were square and mario events. I do think we could be getting a direct or a mini this week but imma just play it safe for now and expect nothing

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
......Uhhhhhhh, im starting to think we aren't getting a Direct this week guys.

But i think there was a Friday Direct back in 2013? So there's hope?.........

RetroBro

Smash Ace
I think sad times are on the horizon for everyone. I'd love to be wrong.

Still crossing my fingers we'll get something eventually. I've learned to just keep my expectations as low as conceivably possible but this is the longest drought in ages.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
This fanbase kills me sometimes.

Back in November:

"Okay, with Resident Evil spirits being a thing, this probably means that any franchise that gets new spirits post base game will be 95% out of the running for a DLC character."

Smash fanbase: "Yeah, that sounds reasonable."

Yesterday:

"Okay, with brand new Paper Mario spirits,Paper Mario is 95% out of the running."

Smash fanbase when it realizes it's running out of goal posts to move to dismiss Geno's chances:

5a269aa71896337ceca634f9a493cae1.jpg

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
The only thing that is going to sway me from believing in Geno is either Geno being released as a Mii Costume or the pass ending and him not being in there, followed by the announcement that Ultimate is finished with DLC. Until then I'm not giving up. Worked out for Banjo, hopefully will work out now.

I'm not 100% sure like some of you are, heck, not even sure I'm 51%, but I think he has a good shot.

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
I think sad times are on the horizon for everyone. I'd love to be wrong.

Still crossing my fingers we'll get something eventually. I've learned to just keep my expectations as low as conceivably possible but this is the longest drought in ages.
Tbh we have to get something. Too much smoke without fire. Exact same thing in March and happened last month where if it wasn't for insiders we would have thought we probably would have got a direct in September if they didn't leak the info for July 20th although it want exactly a direct but IIRC Nate Drake did say that Nintendo did something that would p*** everyone off and most people assumed it was the financial report earlier in the month but it may have been the partner showcase as in that stuff was meant to be in a full direct but they piecemealed it. Honestly realistically I'm expecting a crappy Mini with a tease that a Pokemon character is next since that's practically the only other series that works with the formula as well as ARMS did. Still there is some charm in seeing the trailers for the character they were hyping up for months and any info is still info nonetheless.

TLDR: We should be getting either a full or mini this week but probably a Mini since there is too much smoke without fire like previous occasions. If a Mini id expect a Pokemon guessing game. Still if we are getting a full one it should be announced today otherwise it's kind of a long shot

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Ahh, good old Geno Thread.

One hour: "OMG LETS GOOO GUYSSSSS!"

Next hour: "Oh man, I don't think we are getting anything at all..."

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Also glad to see that Geno detractors are still masters of moving the goal post. Unfortunately, they've already long-since moved the post from the football field, and it's time for things to return home and thing to come to bare whether they like it or not.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Well, assuming we DO get a Direct and it's not just Geno time, is there any-non Smash News that you guys are hoping for?

Im just hoping that if we DO get Mario 64 Deluxe Remastered N.Sane Reigited Plus E 643DS Advance, it better feature all the DS content. That game could have been amazing, had not it been for the Controls beign butchered.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
This fanbase kills me sometimes.

Back in November:

"Okay, with Resident Evil spirits being a thing, this probably means that any franchise that gets new spirits post base game will be 95% out of the running for a DLC character."

Smash fanbase: "Yeah, that sounds reasonable."

Yesterday:

"Okay, with brand new Paper Mario spirits,Paper Mario is 95% out of the running."

Smash fanbase when it realizes it's running out of goal posts to move to dismiss Geno's chances:

View attachment 283492
Yeah I don't understand. People knew when the RE, Astral Chain and Ring Fit spirits were revealed that games will most likely not gonna be in. But with Sw/Sh and TOK people say "But there are a Ton of content with work". If that characters were planned for FP2, why make the Spirits Rn? . Even more, when we didn't get FETH spirits was when I knew Byleth was gonna be in

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Honestly, the countdown stuff is what puts people on edge the most. A Direct doesn't HAVE to be announced at a particular time or day. For my fellow Burgers and Leaves, let's just wait until tomorrow afternoon before we go all Ophelia about a Direct possibly not happening this week, eh?

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Yeah I don't understand. People knew when the RE, Astral Chain and Ring Fit spirits were revealed that games will most likely not gonna be in. But with Sw/Sh and TOK people say "But there are a Ton of content with work". If that characters were planned for FP2, why make the Spirits Rn? . Even more, when we didn't get FETH spirits was when I knew Byleth was gonna be in
Tbh with Pokemon specifically they literally only did the first stage starters and the legendaries and those specifically weren't who people were considering for the spot. It was either the fully evolved starters, Urshifu or Toxtricity. That and it's kind of hard to see Nintendo not picking a Pokemon when we literally always get one should the timing line up which now it has.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Whatever happens, I bet people are going to get on the case of the insiders for being wrong on the General Direct.

Though they, the insiders, did say it could happen in September, did they not?

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Well, assuming we DO get a Direct and it's not just Geno time, is there any-non Smash News that you guys are hoping for?

Im just hoping that if we DO get Mario 64 Deluxe Remastered N.Sane Reigited Plus E 643DS Advance, it better feature all the DS content. That game could have been amazing, had not it been for the Controls beign butchered.
I'd like to see any of these games rereleased on the Switch, either a remaster or just a rerelease. I haven't played any of them, mostly because of my extreme dislike of the Wii Remote.
  • Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 (Rosalina is my Secondary main in Ultimate, I'd love to play her source game)
  • LoZ Skyward Sword
  • LoZ Twilight Princess
  • No More Heroes 1 and 2
In terms of new announcements that I could see happening that I'd totally be down for:
  • The World Ends With You 2. There's an animated series coming out next year and they recently released Final Remix on the Switch. They did some mobile releases, but the series has always been a Nintendo exclusive (unless we're counting the crossover world in KH).
  • No More Heroes 3. I haven't played 1 and 2 but I reckon it's just a matter of time until they get ported and I really love the aesthetics and gameplay I've seen.
  • Breath of the Wild 2. This is just a matter of when. Not sure it'll be now. And that's okay.
  • Anything Yoshi related, preferably not arts and crafty.
  • Golden Sun. I really liked the handheld games of the past. I know there are some real fans of the series and I'd be happy for them.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
I dunno how credible these Mario remaster rumours are now since they wouldn't announce them the same month they launch unless they are exclusively digital or something which is pretty safe to say not the case. They have 4 days to announce it since nothing happens on Sunday until it starts throwing into proportion whether they are actually a September release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom